wazua Wed, Sep 25, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

3 Pages123>
Nissan Note overtook me while doing 120km/h
Impunity
#1 Posted : Tuesday, July 30, 2013 4:04:29 PM

Was the engine a Nissan Note really or was the body a fake?
What capacity is this car in term of cc?
d'oh! d'oh! d'oh!
Sad Sad Sad
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

seppuku
#2 Posted : Tuesday, July 30, 2013 4:09:33 PM

What did you reckon was the max speed for that car? Most Notes are 1500. Same as many Imprezas on the road. Wewe ulikuwa unaendecha nini?
Learn first to treat your time as you would your money, then treat your money as you do your time.
Siringi
#3 Posted : Tuesday, July 30, 2013 4:23:59 PM

Impunity wrote:
d'oh! d'oh! d'oh!
Sad Sad Sad

reminds of a post in this thread:
Ten Cars More Useless than Vitz

cant stop laughing Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Njung'e wrote:
Witnesses were paid and coached!!!....How did the Demio miss in this list??

On eve of Xmas.a ka-March overtook me between Kericho and Chesinende....waaaa!!...Karibu clan wang'oe reliLaughing out loudly

"😖😡KQ makes money for everyone except the shareholder 😏😏 " overheard in Wazua
Impunity
#4 Posted : Tuesday, July 30, 2013 4:26:25 PM

seppuku wrote:
What did you reckon was the max speed for that car? Most Notes are 1500. Same as many Imprezas on the road. Wewe ulikuwa unaendecha nini?

I was not competing with it and neither was my gas pedal on the mat but I was just doing 120km/h hold speed using the cruise control on Mark II then I saw a boxed shape car written Nissan Note overtaking me...it was a sad evening for me!!!
Sad Sad Sad

JkMwatha
#5 Posted : Tuesday, July 30, 2013 4:34:15 PM

bird_man
#6 Posted : Tuesday, July 30, 2013 5:04:26 PM

Impunity wrote:
seppuku wrote:

I was not competing with it and neither was my gas pedal on the mat but I was just doing 120km/h hold speed using the cruise control on Mark II then I saw a boxed shape car written Nissan Note overtaking me...it was a sad evening for me!!!
Sad Sad Sad

Try use the Naks-Naivasha highway on one of those days when there is a "NaksVegas" event.You will commit suicide as you want Vitz,Demios,ISTs etc embarrass your "cruise control" beast.
Formally employed people often live their employers' dream & forget about their own.
Impunity
#7 Posted : Tuesday, July 30, 2013 5:37:52 PM

bird_man wrote:
Impunity wrote:
seppuku wrote:

Sad Sad Sad

Try use the Naks-Naivasha highway on one of those days when there is a "NaksVegas" event.You will commit suicide as you want Vitz,Demios,ISTs etc embarrass your "cruise control" beast.

Its so sad when a Demio competes with a beast in terms of speed!!!
Next time I will drive in the middle of the yellow line so that those tu-houseflies dont overtake me!

I can easily do 160km/h on Mark II but you wont get enough clearance on most Kenyan roads to engage the cruise control at that speed, its dangerous,(cops notwithstanding!)
Sad

mawinder
#8 Posted : Tuesday, July 30, 2013 6:10:00 PM

Impunity wrote:
seppuku wrote:

Sad Sad Sad

And it was consuming less fuel than a Mark2.Perhaps you should downgrade to a Nissan Note,but blame yourself for not buying the VX.
digitek1
#9 Posted : Tuesday, July 30, 2013 6:21:55 PM

seppuku wrote:

its not the car..the driver too matters
I may be wrong..but then I could be right
maka
#10 Posted : Tuesday, July 30, 2013 7:39:11 PM

digitek1 wrote:
seppuku wrote:

very true some people can drive a volkswagen beetle and show you dust...
Rem this story... www.telegraph.co.uk/news...axi-in-airport-dash.html
possunt quia posse videntur
Impunity
#11 Posted : Tuesday, July 30, 2013 7:41:57 PM

digitek1 wrote:
seppuku wrote:

Yeah, driver matters...I was on cruise control, speed hold of 120km/h, at that speed I didn't expect a nissan car shaped like an OMO box to overtake me.

I would have easily overtook the box if I wanted by simply flooring my gas pedal anyway!!!

nakujua
#12 Posted : Tuesday, July 30, 2013 9:23:41 PM

Impunity wrote:
digitek1 wrote:
seppuku wrote:

Yeah, driver matters...I was on cruise control, speed hold of 120km/h, at that speed I didn't expect a nissan car shaped like an OMO box to overtake me.

I would have easily overtook the box if I wanted by simply flooring my gas pedal anyway!!!

Remember the max speed for both cars is the same, if your car is from japan and you have not tempered with it. Doesn't matter as long its a jap car muko sawa max speed wise
banyamulenge
#13 Posted : Tuesday, July 30, 2013 9:28:48 PM

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly :-
You must be those guys who flash their lights and hoot for 'small' cars to slow down so that you overtake them with your big car. Bure kabisa Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

"The longer the fuse the mightier the blast!"
Impunity
#14 Posted : Wednesday, July 31, 2013 9:11:28 AM

nakujua wrote:
Impunity wrote:
digitek1 wrote:
seppuku wrote:

Remember the max speed for both cars is the same, if your car is from japan and you have not tempered with it. Doesn't matter as long its a jap car muko sawa max speed wise

I have never been inside a Vitz/Duet and I dont want to imagine that the maximum speed of a duet is the same as that of Mark II...????
Pray Pray Pray

nakujua
#15 Posted : Wednesday, July 31, 2013 10:29:43 AM

Impunity wrote:
nakujua wrote:
Impunity wrote:
digitek1 wrote:
seppuku wrote:

I have never been inside a Vitz/Duet and I dont want to imagine that the maximum speed of a duet is the same as that of Mark II...????
Pray Pray Pray

yes, its the same at 180 km/h.
bird_man
#16 Posted : Wednesday, July 31, 2013 10:54:24 AM

The questions here should be:
(1)Whats the stability level of both say at 120Km/Hr
(2)Which will stop faster & without rolling from the 120Km/Hr
...otherwise "top speed" is nothing.
Formally employed people often live their employers' dream & forget about their own.
webish
#17 Posted : Wednesday, July 31, 2013 10:54:25 AM

nakujua wrote:
Impunity wrote:
nakujua wrote:
Impunity wrote:
digitek1 wrote:
seppuku wrote:

Pray Pray Pray

I've always thought Speed is the same. A RR at 100KM/H is at same speed like a Note at 100KM/h.
Of course, what matters would be the "pick-up" etc. and weight of car at that speed. RR being very stable, while Note can actually topple over if not careful.
I always feel inspired when I tackle a bump same time with a Range, then how it picks-up thereafter and leaves me behind as I struggle rev". Always a very 'inspiring' moment for me. smile

Life is joy, death is peace, but the transition is very difficult.
webish
#18 Posted : Wednesday, July 31, 2013 10:56:01 AM

bird_man wrote:
The questions here should be:
(1)Whats the stability level of both say at 120Km/Hr
(2)Which will stop faster & without rolling from the 120Km/Hr
...otherwise "top speed" is nothing.

Exactly.

Life is joy, death is peace, but the transition is very difficult.
limanika
#19 Posted : Wednesday, July 31, 2013 11:18:28 AM

Impunity wrote:
d'oh! d'oh! d'oh!
Sad Sad Sad

Are you the guy who Revs up all the time so no one overtakes you on the highway? This could be good for your ego but not the pocket. The more you keep fluctuating the Revs up and down, the more gas you keep wasting.
I also thought that if you want real comparison between two machines, seek to find out how many rpm the engine runs at a given speed – compare the rpm to your engine at the same speed, same topography. Plus engine performance is determined by many factors – quality of fuel, age, mileage after last service, etc , etc.
Otherwise my car can do… say 240KM/hr. If you catch up with me doing 50KM/hr on the highway and overtake me, it is really no bother to me…Maybe I just decided to let momentum to do some of the work for me..
nakujua
#20 Posted : Wednesday, July 31, 2013 11:41:15 AM

webish wrote:
nakujua wrote:
Impunity wrote:
nakujua wrote:
Impunity wrote:
digitek1 wrote:
seppuku wrote:

Pray Pray Pray

I've always thought Speed is the same. A RR at 100KM/H is at same speed like a Note at 100KM/h.
Of course, what matters would be the "pick-up" etc. and weight of car at that speed. RR being very stable, while Note can actually topple over if not careful.
I always feel inspired when I tackle a bump same time with a Range, then how it picks-up thereafter and leaves me behind as I struggle rev". Always a very 'inspiring' moment for me. smile

The center of gravity for a range rover is actually higher than that of a note, so its easier for a range to topple over, in case of rolling over one is safer in low lying cars than the suv's - same goes for stability.