wazua Fri, Apr 26, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages12>
Start of ICC cases-impact on NSE
heri
#1 Posted : Tuesday, July 30, 2013 12:12:03 PM

what are some of the possible impact once the ICC cases start with regards to President and Deputy having to attend personally?

Is NSE likely to interprete that as uncertainty until cases get concluded?

Are there issues that could come up during the hearings that could make NSE /economy get jitters
Impunity
#2 Posted : Tuesday, July 30, 2013 2:49:46 PM

heri wrote:
what are some of the possible impact once the ICC cases start with regards to President and Deputy having to attend personally?

Are there issues that could come up during the hearings that could make NSE /economy get jitters

Blood birth!
Drool
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

MKWASI
#3 Posted : Tuesday, July 30, 2013 5:27:38 PM

heri wrote:

I had read some predictions as we approached March 4th....the experts had predicted that the market would nose dive, Alas I was in for a rude shock.

Lesson learnt....You need to know first who are the 'owners' of NSE before making your predictions. Your education on fundamentals may not work...Just may be.

Angelica _ann
#4 Posted : Wednesday, July 31, 2013 7:59:49 AM

This market is not scared of ICC anymore. Then again the prosecution case is so weak that it will be a miracle if she wins.
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
hisah
#5 Posted : Wednesday, July 31, 2013 10:07:01 AM

This is the next window I have been waiting for. Need a lot of fear and doom headlines to play the game again like back in Jan. Insurance holding its breath.

3yrs back at this period NSE20 had rallied hard as GFC had cratered all global markets to deep oversold levels. Aug 2010 was looking up with a positive constitution referendum promising a happy market. By end of 2011 that rally had snapped back 33%.

This time the setup in inverse. Jubilee in govt against all odds from the back of fearful election fever. Another obstacle is coming up with ICC putting roadblocks. The market in 2013 has been dealt the fear card and wanjikus have taken cover as well as analysts not coming out with conviction to rppe in the crowd. Total opposite of 2010...

$15/barrel oil... The commodities lehman moment arrives as well as Sovereign debt volcano!
heri
#6 Posted : Tuesday, August 20, 2013 2:55:36 PM

So what happens to the country and the NSE when these cases starts? i wish i could see the impact clearly

Aguytrying
#7 Posted : Tuesday, August 20, 2013 3:07:42 PM

heri wrote:
So what happens to the country and the NSE when these cases starts? i wish i could see the impact clearly

what cases?? no impact, maybe a rally. unless the owners decide they want to buy more, then it may tank
The investor's chief problem - and even his worst enemy - is likely to be himself
heri
#8 Posted : Tuesday, August 20, 2013 3:16:26 PM

Aguytrying wrote:
[quote=heri]So what happens to the country and the NSE when these cases starts? i wish i could see the impact clearly

what cases?? no impact, maybe a rally. unless the owners decide they want to buy more, then it may tank
heri
#9 Posted : Tuesday, August 20, 2013 3:19:02 PM

i know the cases are 'supposedly weak' but won't the economy suffer during the duration of the cases if key decision makers are so 'disrupted' probably allowing others to take advantage?

King G
#10 Posted : Tuesday, August 20, 2013 3:56:18 PM

We accepted and moved on. There are no cases there boss! BUY! BUY! BUY!
Thieves
murchr
#11 Posted : Tuesday, August 20, 2013 4:46:39 PM

heri wrote:
i know the cases are 'supposedly weak' but won't the economy suffer during the duration of the cases if key decision makers are so 'disrupted' probably allowing others to take advantage?

Where do you live??? Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly keep procrastinating in the name of cases.
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
mwekez@ji
#12 Posted : Tuesday, August 20, 2013 5:06:00 PM

murchr wrote:
heri wrote:

Where do you live??? Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly keep procrastinating in the name of cases.

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly @heri, follow the money as advised by all
Aguytrying
#13 Posted : Tuesday, August 20, 2013 5:13:52 PM

murchr wrote:
heri wrote:

if the cases were to affect us, by now we wouldn't be wondering. washana na cases and follow the money.
If elections of all things had no impact, what about cases (that will eventually disappear)
The investor's chief problem - and even his worst enemy - is likely to be himself
Angelica _ann
#14 Posted : Tuesday, August 20, 2013 8:02:33 PM

Let us be positive for the economy. Issues of 3 kenyans should/will not affect 40M. Dont just wait for the cases, participate in building the economy.
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
Realtreaty
#15 Posted : Wednesday, August 21, 2013 10:58:49 AM

d'oh! The ICC cases are in Europe while NSE is in Kenya. Its a case and no guns for your information. ICC will never call Kenya on the dock.
Aguytrying wrote:
heri wrote:

heri
#16 Posted : Friday, October 11, 2013 8:58:18 AM

what the view regarding NSE/Economy should the president skip the ICC trials

i Cannot see it being good at all unless the west soften their stand

But being a serious family in terms of investments, i do not see him skipping
obiero
#17 Posted : Friday, October 11, 2013 9:22:11 AM

a warrant of arrest will be bad news

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
jerry
#18 Posted : Friday, October 11, 2013 9:23:06 AM

heri wrote:

Does he (uk) have interest in listed companies and which ones? KQ?
The opposite of courage is not cowardice, it's conformity.
heri
#19 Posted : Friday, October 11, 2013 9:28:12 AM

my thinking is that the family would want unhindered ability to expand their vast businesses and being in a position like that of Bashir is not something they would want at all for their business and future prospects

i think most businesses are very interlinked globally whether listed or not
Jamani
#20 Posted : Friday, October 11, 2013 9:58:16 AM

jerry wrote:
heri wrote:

Does he (uk) have interest in listed companies and which ones? KQ?

KPLC....mama