wazua Sat, May 4, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages12>
A minibus or rent a car?
mlennyma
#1 Posted : Wednesday, July 24, 2013 7:44:18 PM

Iam weighing between buying a car and renting it or teaming up with other 3guys who can afford 1.2m capital we buy a 33 seater psv minibus.which car hire firm pays the best like 50k per month.second who can raise 1.2m we meet and talk?
"Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning."
McReggae
#2 Posted : Wednesday, July 24, 2013 7:49:39 PM

Go individual if you can bro.....easier with lesser stress.
..."Wewe ni mtu mdogo sana....na mwenye amekuandika pia ni mtu mdogo sana!".
mawinder
#3 Posted : Wednesday, July 24, 2013 8:11:27 PM

mlennyma wrote:
Iam weighing between buying a car and renting it or teaming up with other 3guys who can afford 1.2m capital we buy a 33 seater psv minibus.which car hire firm pays the best like 50k per month.second who can raise 1.2m we meet and talk?

With 10 per cent you qualify for a 33 seater from financiers like KCB,NIC,CFC,visit GM,get a proforma invoice,then head to Riverroad and print bank statements with a good turnover and you have your bus.
mlennyma
#4 Posted : Wednesday, July 24, 2013 8:19:03 PM

Iam ready to pay 30% my problem is the financer,but if i fail to get i will buy and rent a car.
limanika
#5 Posted : Wednesday, July 24, 2013 8:55:24 PM

Kijana, unless you will be driving the matatu / taxi yourself on a day to day basis, run away very fast from this transport biz
mawinder
#6 Posted : Wednesday, July 24, 2013 9:03:25 PM

mlennyma wrote:
Iam ready to pay 30% my problem is the financer,but if i fail to get i will buy and rent a car.

I guess the financier wants bank statements.Go to Keekorok road which is adjacent to Riverroad and get bank statements tailored to suit the financier but as @limanika has said,think twice especially in Nairobi.For upcountry long routes may be yes.
newfarer
#7 Posted : Wednesday, July 24, 2013 9:39:23 PM

mawinder wrote:
mlennyma wrote:

I guess the financier wants bank statements.Go to Keekorok road which is adjacent to Riverroad and get bank statements tailored to suit the financier but as @limanika has said,think twice especially in Nairobi.For upcountry long routes may be yes.

mawinder haki your solutions!!!!
punda amecheka
Gathige
#8 Posted : Thursday, July 25, 2013 8:29:19 AM

@mlennyma, I think only Maina Njenga's group makes money in the transport business. If you have a thick skin, try and report one year later.

All the best
"Things that matter most must never be at the mercy of things that matter least." Goethe
deadpoet
#9 Posted : Thursday, July 25, 2013 8:34:43 AM

I think buying and renting a car may be the way to go. If you can get a Voxy or a Noah type of vehicle you may be able to get upwards of 40k per month from a car hire firm.
mlennyma
#10 Posted : Thursday, July 25, 2013 8:56:01 AM

Thankyou @deadpoet i will do that,and it will save me the borrowing headache as i will afford cash...how is virgin tours?or a better firm!suggestions most welcome.
deadpoet
#11 Posted : Thursday, July 25, 2013 9:14:21 AM

heard that Rana car hire is good. Got no contacts though.
ZZE123
#12 Posted : Thursday, July 25, 2013 11:33:49 AM

deadpoet wrote:
I think buying and renting a car may be the way to go. If you can get a Voxy or a Noah type of vehicle you may be able to get upwards of 40k per month from a car hire firm.

But consider
1. Do they pay
2. Monthly car maintenance costs.
The man who marries a beautiful woman, and the farmer who grows corn by the roadside have the same problem
Mjasirii
#13 Posted : Thursday, July 25, 2013 1:17:34 PM

@mlennyma bring the car I will pay you handsomely on monthly basis.
mlennyma
#14 Posted : Thursday, July 25, 2013 1:22:42 PM

Are u a credible company?i wont deal with an indivindual..how much would you pay?email:mlennyma@yahoo.com
wazuaguest
#15 Posted : Thursday, July 25, 2013 8:11:05 PM

mawinder wrote:
mlennyma wrote:

ooh my goodness so this actually happens.I didn't have the slightest clue.
Africa belongs to Africans.
mawinder
#16 Posted : Thursday, July 25, 2013 8:27:46 PM

wazuaguest wrote:
mawinder wrote:
mlennyma wrote:

ooh my goodness so this actually happens.I didn't have the slightest clue.

Even corporates do it.They even have 3 sets of audited accounts i.e for tenders,bank use and the actual ones.If you have a scanner,printer and computer you can make bank statements and then make a bank rubber stamp to legitimize them.
Punda Mlia
#17 Posted : Thursday, July 25, 2013 10:00:40 PM

mawinder wrote:

Even corporates do it.They even have 3 sets of audited accounts i.e for tenders,bank use and the actual ones.If you have a scanner,printer and computer you can make bank statements and then make a bank rubber stamp to legitimize them.

Nowadays any serious company asking for statements check with your bank. The embassies long discovered our innovative traits of showing up with Grogan Rd certificates and other supporting documents. These days, verification of those documents is just a phone call away! Shame on you
mlennyma
#18 Posted : Friday, July 26, 2013 8:50:28 AM

I dont want to become a prisoner instead of a businessman by forging documents.let me present what iam.
Kriscalf
#19 Posted : Wednesday, July 31, 2013 8:14:56 PM

mawinder wrote:
mlennyma wrote:

With 10 per cent you qualify for a 33 seater from financiers like KCB,NIC,CFC,visit GM,get a proforma invoice,then head to Riverroad and print bank statements with a good turnover and you have your bus.

Really????
The stars will never align, & the traffic lights of life will Never go green at the same time.
Rankaz13
#20 Posted : Wednesday, July 31, 2013 10:23:46 PM

mawinder wrote:
mlennyma wrote:

Hiyo nina shaka. The last time I approached the lion (last one year) they informed me they only offer asset finance for corporates. AMA walibadilika?
Life is like playing a violin solo in public and learning the instrument as one goes on.