wazua Mon, Apr 29, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

5 Pages<1234>»
Kenya’s CDSC to launch short selling, day trading
Cde Monomotapa
#21 Posted : Monday, July 22, 2013 12:20:24 PM

When the NSE lists as a commercial enterprise (part of sophistication) such products will add to the bottom line. Now, advise would be study & follow global exchanges and prepare for the changes. Otw, yah. Just Otw.
Cde Monomotapa
#22 Posted : Monday, July 22, 2013 12:34:49 PM

Cde Monomotapa wrote:
When the NSE lists as a commercial enterprise (part of sophistication) such products will add to the bottom line. Now, advise would be study & follow global exchanges and prepare for the changes. Otw, yah. Just Otw.

NB: Each limb of Kenya Vision 2030 has its work cut out, in this case it is to deepen our capital markets. Now, if TSC intends to list as well, then we'll discuss about teachers in this section.
maka
#23 Posted : Monday, July 22, 2013 1:06:26 PM

mwekez@ji wrote:
youcan'tstopusnow wrote:
Cde Monomotapa wrote:
"Na hiyo ni maendeleo.." - H.E, DTM. I'm so wowed btw, sophistication! smile #Awesome

Kazi iendelee!smile
#NextLevel

Hapa watu wataumwa mbaya sana...
possunt quia posse videntur
Cde Monomotapa
#24 Posted : Monday, July 22, 2013 1:10:47 PM

maka wrote:
mwekez@ji wrote:
youcan'tstopusnow wrote:
Cde Monomotapa wrote:
"Na hiyo ni maendeleo.." - H.E, DTM. I'm so wowed btw, sophistication! smile #Awesome

Kazi iendelee!smile
#NextLevel

Boss. Certificate hazitasaidia where we're headed. Utasoma lini? Pata degree ama masters kama @guru
maka
#25 Posted : Monday, July 22, 2013 1:18:46 PM

Cde Monomotapa wrote:
maka wrote:
mwekez@ji wrote:
youcan'tstopusnow wrote:
Cde Monomotapa wrote:

Kazi iendelee!smile
#NextLevel

Boss. Certificate hazitasaidia where we're headed. Utasoma lini? Pata degree ama masters kama @guru

Ha ha nishasoma...na naendelea.
Cde Monomotapa
#26 Posted : Monday, July 22, 2013 1:21:17 PM

maka wrote:
Cde Monomotapa wrote:
maka wrote:
mwekez@ji wrote:
youcan'tstopusnow wrote:
Cde Monomotapa wrote:

Kazi iendelee!smile
#NextLevel

Ha ha nishasoma...na naendelea.

Good. Our successors should find the NSE at JSE levels and beyond. Na hiyo ndio maendeleo.
kyt
#27 Posted : Tuesday, July 23, 2013 6:45:28 AM

the deal wrote:
They should just reduce the commissions and settlement period...turnover will rise...they will make more money...instead of introducing weapons of mass destruction.

well said deal, we dont need short, long or any kind of selling. nse is a very young market for such < 100 companies. just make commissions 1% and settlement period 1 day and see what happens. ...for starters.
LOVE WHAT YOU DO, DO WHAT YOU LOVE.
maka
#28 Posted : Tuesday, July 23, 2013 9:01:53 AM

kyt wrote:
the deal wrote:
They should just reduce the commissions and settlement period...turnover will rise...they will make more money...instead of introducing weapons of mass destruction.

well said deal, we dont need short, long or any kind of selling. nse is a very young market for such < 100 companies. just make commissions 1% and settlement period 1 day and see what happens. ...for starters.

If am not wrong it will be the exchange with the least no. of listed co.s where short selling can be undertaken...
Museveni
#29 Posted : Tuesday, July 23, 2013 9:09:56 AM

maka wrote:
kyt wrote:
the deal wrote:

If am not wrong it will be the exchange with the least no. of listed co.s where short selling can be undertaken...

Why is no one talking about rogue brokers ?

#TheInvincibleElephant in this discussion..
Live and learn; and don’t forget, nothing ventured, nothing gained.
maka
#30 Posted : Tuesday, July 23, 2013 9:15:39 AM

Museveni wrote:
maka wrote:
kyt wrote:
the deal wrote:

coz they will always be there protected by some big guns and they are bound to make a killing out of this new initiatives more new shiny top of the range cars for them...
mwekez@ji
#31 Posted : Tuesday, July 23, 2013 9:20:58 AM

maka wrote:
kyt wrote:
the deal wrote:

... its okay .... we short the counters that are clearly overvalued and go long on those that are clearly undervalued. .... Yea, Bulls will make money, bear will but pigs wont!!! ... Choice is yours!!!
Museveni
#32 Posted : Tuesday, July 23, 2013 12:37:11 PM

mwekez@ji wrote:
maka wrote:
kyt wrote:
the deal wrote:

... its okay .... we short the counters that are clearly overvalued and go long on those that are clearly undervalued. .... Yea, Bulls will make money, bear will but pigs wont!!! ... Choice is yours!!!

In this case.. too many pigs.

The result may 'drown' both bears & bulls
Live and learn; and don’t forget, nothing ventured, nothing gained.
kyt
#33 Posted : Tuesday, July 23, 2013 1:01:45 PM

si wote well drown museveni. I dont like the feel of this; day trading maybe, ......just maybe. short selling; HELL NO!!!!!!
LOVE WHAT YOU DO, DO WHAT YOU LOVE.
Cde Monomotapa
#34 Posted : Tuesday, July 23, 2013 2:39:31 PM

Jubilee makes changes in CMA law as pledged « Capital Business http://www.capitalfm.co....s-in-cma-law-as-pledged/
Mukiri
#35 Posted : Tuesday, July 23, 2013 2:58:38 PM

maka wrote:
Museveni wrote:
maka wrote:
kyt wrote:
the deal wrote:

coz they will always be there protected by some big guns and they are bound to make a killing out of this new initiatives more new shiny top of the range cars for them...

A combo of this and online trading platforms and we are goodsmile No more kubembeleza brokers... mine treats me as if I'm disturbing them, when I know my commissions pays their salary!

Proverbs 19:21
youcan'tstopusnow
#36 Posted : Tuesday, July 23, 2013 3:05:07 PM

Cde Monomotapa wrote:
Jubilee makes changes in CMA law as pledged « Capital Business http://www.capitalfm.co....-in-cma-law-as-pledged/

We are moving towards the right direction.
#NextLevel
GOD BLESS YOUR LIFE
Cde Monomotapa
#37 Posted : Tuesday, July 23, 2013 3:09:38 PM

youcan'tstopusnow wrote:
Cde Monomotapa wrote:
Jubilee makes changes in CMA law as pledged « Capital Business http://www.capitalfm.co....-in-cma-law-as-pledged/

We are moving towards the right direction.
#NextLevel

"We want our market to shine & be the leader in the EAC & the continent at large." - Rose Mambo. smile
maka
#38 Posted : Tuesday, July 23, 2013 3:45:55 PM

Mukiri wrote:
maka wrote:
Museveni wrote:
maka wrote:
kyt wrote:
the deal wrote:

A combo of this and online trading platforms and we are goodsmile No more kubembeleza brokers... mine treats me as if I'm disturbing them, when I know my commissions pays their salary!

guru267
#39 Posted : Tuesday, July 23, 2013 4:00:17 PM

I think day trading will be introduced first and short selling at the appropriate time and now is not the appropriate time for shorting on the NSE!

But I do like the direction we are moving in! smile

Mark 12:29
Deuteronomy 4:16
erifloss
#40 Posted : Tuesday, July 23, 2013 4:12:17 PM

kyt wrote:
the deal wrote:

In agreement, we've been crawling, now lets walk first before running. I've seen "Kenyans" who think they are good for this get burnt when venturing to the developed markets through firms like Franklin Templeton. After reading a few books and articles, they rushed not remembering that some of these trades requires one with a good/wholesome system that not only sniffs for information but does data scrapping and is extremely fast in terms of connectivity for efficient and effective execution of trades.
'They say money cannot buy me happiness but when i compare when i had none and now, i'm happier' Kevin O'leary