75 Pages«<6162636465>»
Home Afrika Listing at NSE!
sparkly
#1241 Posted : Thursday, January 04, 2018 6:51:59 PM

obiero wrote:
Spikes wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Added some HAFR today at 1.40 which is surprising since my order wasn't filled yesterday but I got in today when the range was 1.40-1.55. I guess someone was keen to take profits.

My target is 100,000 shares.

Naona utakuwa fukara my brother. But since you have committed to action, I can only wish you the best from the bottom of my as

Fukara kivipi?...I believe @sparkly has insider info concerning upcoming restructuring. HAFR has been in advanced stage looking for a strategic investor(s). I think negotiations are ongoing.

@spikes=@sparkly=@qw

Damn right.
Life is short. Live passionately.
sparkly
#1242 Posted : Thursday, January 04, 2018 6:55:17 PM

Spikes wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Added some HAFR today at 1.40 which is surprising since my order wasn't filled yesterday but I got in today when the range was 1.40-1.55. I guess someone was keen to take profits.

Naona utakuwa fukara my brother. But since you have committed to action, I can only wish you the best from the bottom of my as

Fukara kivipi?...I believe @sparkly has insider info concerning upcoming restructuring. HAFR has been in advanced stage looking for a strategic investor(s). I think negotiations are ongoing.

No insider information. My buys are based on the 3B inventories held by the company and 1B in deferred income vis a vis their market capitalization of 0.5B.
obiero
#1243 Posted : Friday, January 05, 2018 7:21:23 AM

sparkly wrote:
Spikes wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:

No insider information. My buys are based on the 3B inventories held by the company and 1B in deferred income vis a vis their market capitalization of 0.5B.

Morningside Park
Migaa
Mitini Scapes
Tamarind Tree
Lakeview Heights

2.2B of the said inventory is stalled work in progress apart from Morningside which cannot be worth more than KES 125M. Page 59-61 note 16 and 19 deffered income refers to anticipated income for projects yet to be completed! Bandia stock http://www.homeafrika.co...A-ANNUAL-REPORT-2016.pdf

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
sparkly
#1244 Posted : Friday, January 05, 2018 8:32:58 AM

obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Spikes wrote:
obiero wrote:
[quote=sparkly]Added some HAFR today at 1.40 which is surprising since my order wasn't filled yesterday but I got in today when the range was 1.40-1.55. I guess someone was keen to take profits.

Morningside Park
Migaa
Mitini Scapes
Tamarind Tree
Lakeview Heights

2.2B of the said inventory is stalled work in progress apart from Morningside which cannot be worth more than KES 125M. Page 59-61 note 16 and 19 deffered income refers to anticipated income for projects yet to be completed! Bandia stock http://www.homeafrika.co...-ANNUAL-REPORT-2016.pdf[/quote]

1. Migaa 774 Acres, Lakeview 97 Acres, Llango Kwale 22 Acres, Kerobi plains Isinya 140 Acres. Total 1,032 Acres.

2. Even if all projects are considered failed and land is sold raw and undeveloped the company market capitalisation of 0.5B implies a valuation of KShs 500k per acre.

^ Simplified for demo only.
obiero
#1245 Posted : Friday, January 05, 2018 7:16:27 PM

sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Spikes wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:

Morningside Park
Migaa
Mitini Scapes
Tamarind Tree
Lakeview Heights

2.2B of the said inventory is stalled work in progress apart from Morningside which cannot be worth more than KES 125M. Page 59-61 note 16 and 19 deffered income refers to anticipated income for projects yet to be completed! Bandia stock http://www.homeafrika.co...-ANNUAL-REPORT-2016.pdf

1. Migaa 774 Acres, Lakeview 97 Acres, Llango Kwale 22 Acres, Kerobi plains Isinya 140 Acres. Total 1,032 Acres.

2. Even if all projects are considered failed and land is sold raw and undeveloped the company market capitalisation of 0.5B implies a valuation of KShs 500k per acre.

That's where the exchange bar cometh to help you out. Most of the land is collateral at I&M, Chase, & NIC.. HAFR has pledged legal charge on the prime collateral hence the same currently belongs to the bank and not HAFR

sparkly
#1246 Posted : Friday, January 05, 2018 7:33:54 PM

obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Spikes wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:

Morningside Park
Migaa
Mitini Scapes
Tamarind Tree
Lakeview Heights

2.2B of the said inventory is stalled work in progress apart from Morningside which cannot be worth more than KES 125M. Page 59-61 note 16 and 19 deffered income refers to anticipated income for projects yet to be completed! Bandia stock http://www.homeafrika.co...-ANNUAL-REPORT-2016.pdf

That's where the exchange bar cometh to help you out. Most of the land is collateral at I&M, Chase, & NIC.. HAFR has pledged legal charge on the prime collateral hence the same currently belongs to the bank and not HAFR

Simplified since there are some people who don't know what inventories are and how they are valued.

They also don't know what deferred income is, even after purporting to read the Financial Statements.

Some even hide behind grandiose terms like "exchange bar" which is a figment of their imagination.
obiero
#1247 Posted : Friday, January 05, 2018 7:37:25 PM

sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Spikes wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:

Morningside Park
Migaa
Mitini Scapes
Tamarind Tree
Lakeview Heights

Simplified since there are some people who don't know what inventories are and how they are valued.

They also don't know what deferred income is, even after purporting to read the Financial Statements.

Kindly read and aim to interpret to us mere mortals the independent auditor insolvency concerns on page 30 which I quote, since I am illeterate "Note 1(a) to the financial statements, which indicates that the group’s incurred a net loss of Shs. 168,458,361 (2015:390,091,336) during the year ended 31st December 2016 and, as of that date, the group’s current liabilities exceeded its current assets by Shs.770,171,741 (2015: 69,704,461) and there was a deficiency in shareholders’ funds of Shs.210,167,228 (2015: Shs.41,408,867). These conditions, along with other matters as set forth in Note 1(a), indicate that a material uncertainty exists that may cast significant doubt on the company’s and group’s ability to continue as a going concern.

sparkly
#1248 Posted : Friday, January 05, 2018 9:46:58 PM

obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Spikes wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:

Morningside Park
Migaa
Mitini Scapes
Tamarind Tree
Lakeview Heights

Kindly read and aim to interpret to us mere mortals the independent auditor insolvency concerns on page 30 which I quote, since I am illeterate "Note 1(a) to the financial statements, which indicates that the group’s incurred a net loss of Shs. 168,458,361 (2015:390,091,336) during the year ended 31st December 2016 and, as of that date, the group’s current liabilities exceeded its current assets by Shs.770,171,741 (2015: 69,704,461) and there was a deficiency in shareholders’ funds of Shs.210,167,228 (2015: Shs.41,408,867). These conditions, along with other matters as set forth in Note 1(a), indicate that a material uncertainty exists that may cast significant doubt on the company’s and group’s ability to continue as a going concern.

2B in current liabilities is deposits received on sale of plots but not booked as revenue since plots have not been transfered to owners.

Is there an obligation to pay back these deposits?
obiero
#1249 Posted : Friday, January 05, 2018 10:20:34 PM

sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Spikes wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:

Morningside Park
Migaa
Mitini Scapes
Tamarind Tree
Lakeview Heights

2B in current liabilities is deposits received on sale of plots but not booked as revenue since plots have not been transfered to owners.

Of course! If the transaction is not completed, deposit is refunded plus cost of breach. Also review note number 21 reads KES 679m in unpaid debt.. It's unfortunate I am illiterate so let me just quote the report "the borrowings are secured by the following:
(i) I & M Bank Limited
- Joint and several personal guarantees and indemnities of an amount of Shs. 45,000,000 each by the directors of Home Afrika Limited.
- First legal charge/mortgage for an amount of Shs.45,000,000 over property known as O ce Suite 2 (Penthouse), 5th oor on L.R. No. 2/704, Ngong Road, Nairobi.
- Joint and several personal guarantees and indemnities of an amount of Shs. 325,000,000 each by the directors of Mitini Scapes development Limited.
- Corporate guarantee and indemnity of Home Afrika Limited for an amount of Shs. 325,000,000.
- A xed and oating debenture for an amount of Shs. 325,000,000 over all the assets of Mitini Scapes Development Limited.
- First legal charge/mortgage for an amount of Shs. 325,000,000 over the sublease unit PDS S03 on L.R. No. 29059, Nairobi registered in the name of Mitini Scapes Development Limited.
(ii) Eco Bank Kenya Limited
- Legal charge of Shs. 400,000,000 over property known as unit No. MO014 situated on L.R. No. 29059, Kiambu.
- Corporate guarantee and indemnity from Home Afrika Communities Limited, Home Afrika Limited, Tulip Trustee Limited and Linyanti Limited for an amount of Shs. 400,000,000.
- First loss payee in respect of all insurance proceeds payable to the company under an all risk insurance policy for the assets charged as security as well as any proceeds payable under the all risk contractor’s policy taken out by the company in connection with the construction."

sparkly
#1250 Posted : Saturday, January 06, 2018 11:15:22 AM

obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Spikes wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:

Morningside Park
Migaa
Mitini Scapes
Tamarind Tree
Lakeview Heights

Of course! If the transaction is not completed, deposit is refunded plus cost of breach.

If deposits are refunded, HAFR will just sell to other buyers, at higher prices.

Also review note number 21 reads KES 679m in unpaid debt.. It's unfortunate I am illiterate so let me just quote the report "the borrowings are secured by the following:
(i) I & M Bank Limited
- Joint and several personal guarantees and indemnities of an amount of Shs. 45,000,000 each by the directors of Home Afrika Limited.
- First legal charge/mortgage for an amount of Shs.45,000,000 over property known as O ce Suite 2 (Penthouse), 5th oor on L.R. No. 2/704, Ngong Road, Nairobi.
- Joint and several personal guarantees and indemnities of an amount of Shs. 325,000,000 each by the directors of Mitini Scapes development Limited.
- Corporate guarantee and indemnity of Home Afrika Limited for an amount of Shs. 325,000,000.
- A xed and oating debenture for an amount of Shs. 325,000,000 over all the assets of Mitini Scapes Development Limited.
- First legal charge/mortgage for an amount of Shs. 325,000,000 over the sublease unit PDS S03 on L.R. No. 29059, Nairobi registered in the name of Mitini Scapes Development Limited.
- Legal charge of Shs. 400,000,000 over property known as unit No. MO014 situated on L.R. No. 29059, Kiambu.
- Corporate guarantee and indemnity from Home Afrika Communities Limited, Home Afrika Limited, Tulip Trustee Limited and Linyanti Limited for an amount of Shs. 400,000,000.
- First loss payee in respect of all insurance proceeds payable to the company under an all risk insurance policy for the assets charged as security as well as any proceeds payable under the all risk contractor’s policy taken out by the company in connection with the construction.

Yes HAFR has loans of 679M and these loans are secured by charges on property, non-physical assets and guarantee of directors to make good the loans in case of the Group's default. It's common knowledge that they took loans to speed up development of Migaa after failure of the bond.

"

Angelica _ann
#1251 Posted : Saturday, January 06, 2018 12:14:59 PM

What I know is Morning Side Park on Ngong Road has been sold to individuals & home Africa just owns a floor & management rights.
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
obiero
#1252 Posted : Saturday, January 06, 2018 12:22:25 PM

sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Spikes wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:

Morningside Park
Migaa
Mitini Scapes
Tamarind Tree
Lakeview Heights

Of course! If the transaction is not completed, deposit is refunded plus cost of breach.

If deposits are refunded, HAFR will just sell to other buyers, at higher prices.

Also review note number 21 reads KES 679m in unpaid debt.. It's unfortunate I am illiterate so let me just quote the report "the borrowings are secured by the following:
(i) I & M Bank Limited
- First loss payee in respect of all insurance proceeds payable to the company under an all risk insurance policy for the assets charged as security as well as any proceeds payable under the all risk contractor’s policy taken out by the company in connection with the construction.

Yes HAFR has loans of 679M and these loans are secured by charges on property, non-physical assets and guarantee of directors to make good the loans in case of the Group's default. It's common knowledge that they took loans to speed up development of Migaa after failure of the bond.

"

Sell to other buyers? In this economy? All the best in your investment journey. You have bravery that I yearn for

obiero
#1253 Posted : Saturday, January 06, 2018 12:32:33 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
What I know is Morning Side Park on Ngong Road has been sold to individuals & home Africa just owns a floor & management rights.

Exactly. Bandia management who can quote anything including fictional assets

Ericsson
#1254 Posted : Saturday, January 06, 2018 12:46:37 PM

With the current state of the economy,home Afrika will collapse soon unless they get a godfather
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
sparkly
#1255 Posted : Saturday, January 06, 2018 1:01:05 PM

Ericsson wrote:
With the current state of the economy,home Afrika will collapse soon unless they get a godfather

The Economy is doing well @Ericson, growing at an average rate of 6% in the last 10 years which is one of the highest rates in the world and the highest we have recorded since independence.

sparkly
#1256 Posted : Saturday, January 06, 2018 1:13:15 PM

obiero wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:

Exactly. Bandia management who can quote anything including fictional assets

I will point you to Note No. 15 of the 2016 Financial Statements:

Assets classified as held-for-sale

Transfers from investment property.... 41,500,000

Building previous held as investment property has been classified as held for sale after it was put up for sale on 14 November 2016. The building has subsequent to the year end been sold for the carrying amount above.

You are the one misleading people, but @Angelica _ ann posts verified truth.

obiero wrote:

Morningside Park
Migaa
Mitini Scapes
Tamarind Tree
Lakeview Heights

2.2B of the said inventory is stalled work in progress apart from Morningside which cannot be worth more than KES 125M.

VituVingiSana
#1257 Posted : Saturday, January 06, 2018 4:47:02 PM

obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Spikes wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:

Morningside Park
Migaa
Mitini Scapes
Tamarind Tree
Lakeview Heights

Sounds like a listed firm I know... I think this one "owns" some flying contraptions.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
obiero
#1258 Posted : Saturday, January 06, 2018 6:13:45 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Spikes wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:

Morningside Park
Migaa
Mitini Scapes
Tamarind Tree
Lakeview Heights

Sounds like a listed firm I know... I think this one "owns" some flying contraptions.

Hehe. Airline and real estate are world's apart in business strategy

VituVingiSana
#1259 Posted : Saturday, January 06, 2018 7:56:52 PM

obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Spikes wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:

Morningside Park
Migaa
Mitini Scapes
Tamarind Tree
Lakeview Heights

I am no fan of HAFR but I hope it survives and succeeds...
It's going to be tough for real estate developers unless interest rates come down to reasonable levels WITHOUT interest rate caps. Folks love GoK securities yielding 12% after tax.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
obiero
#1260 Posted : Sunday, January 07, 2018 7:45:34 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Spikes wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:

Morningside Park
Migaa
Mitini Scapes
Tamarind Tree
Lakeview Heights

I am no fan of HAFR but I hope it survives and succeeds...
It's going to be tough for real estate developers unless interest rates come down to reasonable levels WITHOUT interest rate caps. Folks love GoK securities yielding 12% after tax.

@vvs I am also not a fan and I do not wish the firm to die but I can see the symptoms