wazua Fri, Mar 29, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

One-way glasses for windows.
madammary
#1 Posted : Monday, July 01, 2013 7:11:00 PM

How much do they cost and where do i buy them?
Wendz
#2 Posted : Wednesday, July 03, 2013 5:07:18 PM

madammary wrote:

And, pray, which ones are these? Car? home? office? factory? You have to give proper information if you want to get help in this site. otherwise, the thread will just die away.
a4architect.com
#3 Posted : Wednesday, July 03, 2013 5:55:31 PM

i thought this is just the normal glass then a window film is placed on one side?
http://www.securekenya.com/
As Iron Sharpens Iron, So one Man Sharpens Another.
jaggernaut
#4 Posted : Thursday, July 04, 2013 11:35:02 AM

madammary wrote:

I bought some from Essajee Glass Ltd hapo Lusaka rd Industrial area. The cost is about 180 bob per sq ft for one way glass. They have a variety. Call this guy Abdi 0734787610. He will deliver on site.
Ilikeyou
#5 Posted : Saturday, July 06, 2013 4:06:09 AM

I bought some at some shop in Gikomba.
The shop is just below Remu DTM.
The building is neighbouring Coop Bank Gikomba.
1 roll for 6 by 6 ft cost 6k.
I gave them my measurement specification & they cut the various size pieces for me at no extra charge.
josiah33
#6 Posted : Monday, July 08, 2013 7:16:31 PM

a4architect.com wrote:
i thought this is just the normal glass then a window film is placed on one side?
http://www.securekenya.com/

They may be normal glasses but i don't think the glasses in questions are the ones you are taking about. They sure do not have a window film placed on one side and if they do have a window film then it must be placed inside the glass. I stand to be corrected though.
a4architect.com
#7 Posted : Monday, July 08, 2013 7:46:14 PM

@josiah33, check here

http://www.windowfilm.com/Objectives/privacy.html

http://www.sureguard.co....ndow-film/one-way-film/

Quote:
While the outside is brightly lit i.e. daylight anyone looking in from the outside will see a mirror since the image of the bright surroundings, the outside, is reflected by the mirror. People inside do not see their own reflections, instead they see THROUGH the window film, and can watch the people outside. The opposite is said when the lighting conditions change i.e. night fall. People can start to see in while those inside see a reflection. There are ‘tricks and tips’ that acheive full 24 hour one way…place lighting outside and point it to the filmed glass. Outside lighting should be approximately 40% brighter than any lighting inside BUT you will have to test and increase the outside lighting to get the effect you require.
As Iron Sharpens Iron, So one Man Sharpens Another.
Foz00
#8 Posted : Thursday, December 05, 2013 2:44:26 AM

jaggernaut wrote:
madammary wrote:

I bought some from Essajee Glass Ltd hapo Lusaka rd Industrial area. The cost is about 180 bob per sq ft for one way glass. They have a variety. Call this guy Abdi 0734787610. He will deliver on site.

Abdi is unreliable, made my order on Monday morning and agreed on afternoon delivery to site 21km from industrial area, for 2.5 days he is still enroute.
simonkabz
#9 Posted : Thursday, December 05, 2013 2:44:28 PM

a4architect.com wrote:
@josiah33, check here

Quote:
While the outside is brightly lit i.e. daylight anyone looking in from the outside will see a mirror since the image of the bright surroundings, the outside, is reflected by the mirror. People inside do not see their own reflections, instead they see THROUGH the window film, and can watch the people outside. The opposite is said when the lighting conditions change i.e. night fall. People can start to see in while those inside see a reflection. There are ‘tricks and tips’ that acheive full 24 hour one way…place lighting outside and point it to the filmed glass. Outside lighting should be approximately 40% brighter than any lighting inside BUT you will have to test and increase the outside lighting to get the effect you require.

Interesting.
TULIA.........UFUNZWE!
Jitahidi
#10 Posted : Thursday, December 05, 2013 2:49:49 PM

madammary wrote:

Try Hebatullar Brothers, near Nakumatt Embakasi...if you have measurements take the measurements there they cut for you and its far much cheaper...infact you will just carry the pieces in a carton
jerry
#11 Posted : Thursday, December 05, 2013 3:21:05 PM

simonkabz wrote:
a4architect.com wrote:
@josiah33, check here

Quote:

Interesting.

Technology (or is it science) is always interesting.
I made an order at Juma Kassam (Meru) around 2001 and he got them from Nbi over a weekend! A shop on Taveta rd off Accra should be stocking the same.
The opposite of courage is not cowardice, it's conformity.
murchr
#12 Posted : Monday, January 09, 2017 5:25:44 AM

Does anyone know where i can get impact windows? Plus is there another way of achieving the one way glass effect without using film/tint?
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
radio
#13 Posted : Thursday, January 12, 2017 1:48:31 AM

murchr wrote:
Does anyone know where i can get impact windows? Plus is there another way of achieving the one way glass effect without using film/tint?

I dislike the film thing and would equally wish to know what is the alternative
Mtafiti
#14 Posted : Tuesday, April 04, 2017 8:55:21 PM

murchr wrote:

Also interested. Any hints?
mikanjoroge
#15 Posted : Wednesday, April 05, 2017 12:41:07 AM

Only problem with these kind of windows is the birds. They see their reflection and start pecking early in the morning.
majimaji
#16 Posted : Wednesday, April 05, 2017 8:36:31 AM

mikanjoroge wrote:
Only problem with these kind of windows is the birds. They see their reflection and start pecking early in the morning.

Humans act the same, they start preening and adjusting weavessmile
Thitifini
#17 Posted : Wednesday, April 05, 2017 3:29:13 PM

majimaji wrote:
mikanjoroge wrote:

Humans act the same, they start preening and adjusting weavessmile

Laughing out loudly

60% Learning, 30% synthesizing, 10% Debating
gk
#18 Posted : Tuesday, November 12, 2019 8:01:22 PM

Who are the most reliable suppliers nowadays and at what price?
kayhara
#19 Posted : Tuesday, November 12, 2019 8:48:11 PM

gk wrote:

Though a bit pricey Prime aluminium are very good and their quality is top notch, don't buy the Gikomba ones, they fade like those installed in JuJa and kihunguro flats after some years you can even see outside.
Prime aluminium did two rivers and some high end projects.
To Each His Own
gk
#20 Posted : Thursday, November 14, 2019 7:57:17 PM

kayhara wrote:
gk wrote:

Though a bit pricey Prime aluminium are very good and their quality is top notch, don't buy the Gikomba ones, they fade like those installed in JuJa and kihunguro flats after some years you can even see outside.
Prime aluminium did two rivers and some high end projects.

Thanks..
How's Hebatullah's quality? Their prices are about half of Essanjees