wazua Sun, May 19, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Wrong ETR entry
arkard
#1 Posted : Monday, June 17, 2013 8:01:56 PM

Someone made a wrong entry on the ETR, 8765831 instead of 87658.31. Now he's supposed to pay about 1.2 million to KRA for the month of May.
Any wazuan who's had such an experience? What's the best course of action? Or rather the options does he have?
Above all, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life.
nakujua
#2 Posted : Monday, June 17, 2013 8:15:39 PM

just make the right entry and continue with your biashara, keep the original receipt with the wrong entry - when doing your returns just visit the tax man you explain ama you attach the wrong receipt together with your daily z reports.
Meduza
#3 Posted : Monday, June 17, 2013 8:43:22 PM

arkard wrote:
Someone made a wrong entry on the ETR, 8765831 instead of 87658.31. Now he's supposed to pay about 1.2 million to KRA for the month of May.
Any wazuan who's had such an experience? What's the best course of action? Or rather the options does he have?

you need to visit the tax man/times tower if in Nairobi with the wrong ETR Entry so they can reverse it. Sometimes they may ask for a letter asking for an explanation as to why you want it cancelled or reversed. its quite common than you may think
You cant win, unless you first begin....
Kobayashi
#4 Posted : Monday, June 17, 2013 9:14:09 PM

Just raise a credit note for the wrong entry and file it for future reference incase the KRA guys shows up.I would not advice you to visit KRA cos that will be inviting the for an indepth.
arkard
#5 Posted : Tuesday, June 18, 2013 11:44:02 AM

Thanks guys. Think I'll just have to try and convince the taxman. The idea of an indepth scares me though.
nakujua
#6 Posted : Tuesday, June 18, 2013 12:15:34 PM

Meduza wrote:
arkard wrote:

you need to visit the tax man/times tower if in Nairobi with the wrong ETR Entry so they can reverse it. Sometimes they may ask for a letter asking for an explanation as to why you want it cancelled or reversed. its quite common than you may think

they can reverse an etr entry? I thought once the transaction hits the fiscal memory thats it - and the only way out would be to remove the seal, reset the memory and seal the device again.
Kobayashi
#7 Posted : Tuesday, June 18, 2013 2:53:03 PM

nakujua wrote:
Meduza wrote:
arkard wrote:

they can reverse an etr entry? I thought once the transaction hits the fiscal memory thats it - and the only way out would be to remove the seal, reset the memory and seal the device again.

Again i repeat, all you need is to raise a credit note explaining the error and make sure you file it for the next 7year if the the KRA guys don't visit you in between. Btw going to the tax man is a dump and stupid idea. Will you be running to KRA every time you make an error? Man is to error yo!
Lolest!
#8 Posted : Wednesday, June 19, 2013 10:09:20 AM

@kobayashi, isnt @arkard referring to ETR which is different from ESD?
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
mukiha
#9 Posted : Wednesday, June 19, 2013 10:50:59 AM

Lolest! wrote:

I have done this mistake a couple of times with ETR. The firs time was during the days of manual filing of returns; I keyed 25,400,000 instead of 254,000.00! I simply issued a credit note fro the wrong entry and attached it to the documents for filing.

Another time during the online filing, I issued two receipts of 125,385 instead of one. Did the same thing issued a credit note. Then entered the details in the "purchases" section of the VAT return. Voila!!
Nothing is real unless it can be named; nothing has value unless it can be sold; money is worthless unless you spend it.
Kobayashi
#10 Posted : Wednesday, June 19, 2013 11:20:38 AM

mukiha wrote:
Lolest! wrote:

I have done this mistake a couple of times with ETR. The firs time was during the days of manual filing of returns; I keyed 25,400,000 instead of 254,000.00! I simply issued a credit note fro the wrong entry and attached it to the documents for filing.

Another time during the online filing, I issued two receipts of 125,385 instead of one. Did the same thing issued a credit note. Then entered the details in the "purchases" section of the VAT return. Voila!!

Lolest!! Mukiha has explained how it works. For the ETR accept makosa imefanyika and move on.
King G
#11 Posted : Monday, June 24, 2013 6:48:51 PM

How did it go on 20th or it is for next month?
Thieves
arkard
#12 Posted : Tuesday, July 09, 2013 7:05:09 PM

Thanks all for your suggestions. The issue was ell settled.
The accountant went to KRA and explained. All they asked for was the receipt of the actual/correct amount. Turns out as @meduza and @mukiha says, it's a very common mistake.