wazua Mon, May 6, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages12>
StanBic Bank-Uganda
SUSU
#1 Posted : Friday, June 20, 2008 10:24:00 AM

Anybody knows if Dividends have been declared and approved? How much and when it'll be paid?
Rozzie
#2 Posted : Friday, June 20, 2008 10:40:00 AM

Dividend= Ush.6.64 But,am also trying to find out when it will be paid.

Buy when others are selling,Sell when others are buying....
luxel
#3 Posted : Friday, July 18, 2008 9:18:00 AM

Finally the dividends have been paid,i hope you guys got your cheques. I got mine this week and now am waiting for another 3 weeks to clear the peanuts!
buznakenya
#4 Posted : Friday, July 18, 2008 10:25:00 AM

I have not received any dividends.....since the IPO? Who do i query?
sky 7
#5 Posted : Friday, July 18, 2008 11:02:00 AM

Guys which is the most efficient way of cashing this cheque. I remember a thread about endorsing it with Dyer & Blair and then they give you the equivalent. Is this still on?

The rung of a ladder was never meant to be rested upon,but only to hold your
foot long enough to put the foot higher!

eli
#6 Posted : Friday, July 18, 2008 12:02:00 PM

No idea man,if you get info,please alert me on peter@thedoxa.net,I would be glad to get the same info man. Thanks in advance.

www.thedoxa.net For: Websites,Animations,Logos,Adverts Design,Graphi Design
Ninja
#7 Posted : Monday, August 04, 2008 1:15:00 PM

Now,This stanbic div. cheque benefits the bank more than the investor!These guys charge alot of commission.Why doesn't stanbic UG liase with their counterparts in kenya to have the cheques issued in Kenyan currency.Any way of avoiding these charges?
mwanake
#8 Posted : Monday, August 04, 2008 1:46:00 PM

I have also been holding onto my cheque wonderring where the terms are best. So far,family bank is charging sh1000 to clear and you wait for 30 clear working days,stanbic kenya charging sh1000 also wait for 3wks. I wish i would get a UG broker to reinvest my div. Cross border investments need to be made for friendly.

Share your findings on the cheapest clearing bank.

mke
leona
#9 Posted : Monday, August 04, 2008 1:47:00 PM

hey all

been trying to find out the same.. @buznakenya,i never got my divs as well,asked my broker,was given some indemnity forms to sign and asked to wait,but that was the end of the story.i hope that doesnt happen again this time.

@Ninja,yep by the time you get your dues the banks have finished you! so sad...
Nevermind what haters say, ignore them til they fade away - Just live your life
tom_boy
#10 Posted : Sunday, June 14, 2009 10:02:00 AM

Just received the dividend cheque for this year. does anyone have an idea of how to cash it without costing me an arm and a leg?

Rather than spending all your time reading about the future and trying to figure the nuances of what is it might hold,may be you should spend at least as much time getting to know Him better (David Jeremiah)
They must find it difficult....... those who have taken authority as the truth, rather than truth as the authority. -G. Massey.
VituVingiSana
#11 Posted : Monday, June 15, 2009 6:17:00 AM

My bank charged me $50 (4,000/-) after they told me $10!!! If you send instructions to Stanbic Uganda,they will send your money in Kenya Shillings. The rate might not be the best but beats paying 4,000/- (which left me with almost nothing!)

Greedy when others are fearful,Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase WB
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
SUSU
#12 Posted : Monday, June 15, 2009 6:37:00 AM

@Leona.

Did u manage to get hold of ur Dividends? Who are ur brokers? If it's Dyer I can give u some contacts in Kampala to guide u. Did u state ur bank account properly during the ipo?
tom_boy
#13 Posted : Monday, June 15, 2009 6:38:00 PM

VVS,thanks for the heads up.

How exactly do I send instructions to stanbic UG. Whom do I address a letter to. Can I do it via email. If they can send me the cheque in Kshs it would really sort me out.

Rather than spending all your time reading about the future and trying to figure the nuances of what is it might hold,may be you should spend at least as much time getting to know Him better (David Jeremiah)
They must find it difficult....... those who have taken authority as the truth, rather than truth as the authority. -G. Massey.
VituVingiSana
#14 Posted : Monday, June 15, 2009 7:14:00 PM

Send a letter to Co. Sec asking your dividends are sent to you in Kenya Shillings. You might even include/return the current chq.

Send by REGISTERED POST. Address in Annual Report.

Greedy when others are fearful,Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase WB
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
shawny
#15 Posted : Tuesday, June 16, 2009 7:46:00 AM

got my dividend chq,then went to dyer and found out that they are still endorsing but then it takes 5 weeks to clear (since they are a 3rd party). and teh excahnge rate??? though it varies with the day,we are talking abt 29 shillings.

thanks vituvingi for the info
Alcapon
#16 Posted : Tuesday, June 16, 2009 7:49:00 AM

@Vituvingi,
Thanx a lot for that info.How long a duration would the whole process take if i were to send the cheque back to them today?
Thanx in advance

Quiting is NOT an option!
VituVingiSana
#17 Posted : Tuesday, June 16, 2009 8:02:00 AM

1) Send to Co Sec so no question of it being lost (use registered post)

2) Ask for REPLACEMENT cheque in KShs.

3) Provide proper instructions for future payments.

leona
#18 Posted : Tuesday, June 16, 2009 9:54:00 AM

@Susu

Yeah i finally did..but it was so hard to get anything done and had even contemplated dumping my broker(CFC) coz i thought they were playing some games with me. Imagine i even had to swear an afidavit at some point..ati sijui my signature didnt match with sijui what...i was soo pissed off! I think cross border trading is too messy sometimes especialy if you dont have some contacts across the border to push some of this things for you or if you're not very informed on how to go about some stuff. Let me see how this years' cheque goes..

@All

Thanks for sharing the easier process of receiving ones' peanuts in one piece! i sure will try out what has been suggested below by @VVS et al

Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer but wish we didn't..
Nevermind what haters say, ignore them til they fade away - Just live your life
stonemimi
#19 Posted : Wednesday, June 17, 2009 1:24:00 PM

How do i get the email of the company secretary. Am still waiting for my div check.

Happiness is not a right - except for children. You won't be happy if you think too much. The search of happiness is one cause os sorrow.
Murenju
#20 Posted : Wednesday, June 17, 2009 1:52:00 PM

You may wish to contact: Agnes Kisamba

Officer,Investment Relations

Stanbic Bank Uganda Limited

11th Floor Crested Tower Buildings

Plot 17 Hannington Road

P.O BOX 7131

Kampala,Uganda
kisambaa@stanbic.com
www.stanbicbankug.com

http://athletegold.spaces.live.com/default.aspx
Knock hard and it will be opened. Ask and you will be answered. Seek and you shall find.