wazua Sun, May 5, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

5 Pages«<345
Looking for a plot - Kitengela/Ongata Rongai/Kiserian
obiero
#81 Posted : Sunday, August 25, 2019 1:16:17 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
What has been your issue with the parcel of land you purchased#Obiero!

The neighbor built on my parcel and has refused to admit liability.. He claims that I bought elsewhere and not where he built. I had to seek independent survey which he rejected that led to governmental survey that he dismissed! Tried mediation via government ombudsman, he failed to honor summons.. Hence final landing at the scales of justice

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
Angelica _ann
#82 Posted : Sunday, August 25, 2019 1:40:23 PM

obiero wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:

The neighbor built on my parcel and has refused to admit liability.. He claims that I bought elsewhere and not where he built. I had to seek independent survey which he rejected that led to governmental survey that he dismissed! Tried mediation via government ombudsman, he failed to honor summons.. Hence final landing at the scales of justice

Pole. Wish you all the best.
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
Ericsson
#83 Posted : Sunday, August 25, 2019 6:11:59 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
obiero wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:

Pole. Wish you all the best.

Pole captain, rule of law shall finally prevail
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
HaMaina
#84 Posted : Sunday, August 25, 2019 7:35:38 PM

For any land transaction, just sacrifice 5% - 10,% of the property value and involve a lawyer, it shall save you an arm and a leg in costs if there's a dispute. You're biggest enemies are your immediate neighbours and new buyer's not forgetting the plot/ land seller. Trust me I sacrificed the charges and today I'm OK.
“You can get in way more trouble with a good idea than a bad idea, because you forget that the good idea has limits.” - Ben Graham
obiero
#85 Posted : Sunday, August 25, 2019 7:39:40 PM

HaMaina wrote:
For any land transaction, just sacrifice 5% - 10,% of the property value and involve a lawyer, it shall save you an arm and a leg in costs if there's a dispute. You're biggest enemies are your immediate neighbours and new buyer's not forgetting the plot/ land seller. Trust me I sacrificed the charges and today I'm OK.

There's no single transaction that should be done without legal input but remember the Syokimau and Nkoroi cases even had bank financed facilities among the affected.. The problem is the lands office in Kenya and not lack of laws or lawyers

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
HaMaina
#86 Posted : Sunday, August 25, 2019 8:13:02 PM

obiero wrote:
HaMaina wrote:

There's no single transaction that should be done without legal input but remember the Syokimau and Nkoroi cases even had bank financed facilities among the affected.. The problem is the lands office in Kenya and not lack of laws or lawyers

That's very true, syokinau was a true high level scam, from the lawyers, the land's office and the sellers, and many Kenyan'n got fried, the banks don't care they follow the loan taker. Kenyans bought government land on fake titles and to date they regret.
“You can get in way more trouble with a good idea than a bad idea, because you forget that the good idea has limits.” - Ben Graham