Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

5 Pages<1234>»
Mobius Two Motors
JkMwatha
#21 Posted : Tuesday, October 28, 2014 1:34:43 PM

mkenyan wrote:
kysse wrote:
Kihara joni wrote:
Just checked out the vehicle and the total cost of getting one is about 1,150,000/- For this I think they should have at least put windows on thing,
right now the driver of the mobius and a bodaboda guy have no difference, except that the bodaboda guy can do 180kmh

Was there today for a 'test drive'(playing with the steering and sitting inside).

The Car is awsome :)made for the rough terrain and is best suited for rides in shags or the bush.

It also has canvas for windows, but the reason it doesn't come with glass windows is cz Africa is hot.
The demand is so high but more good stuff is yet to come in 2016 so watch this space.
The car can cruise at crazy speed so guess what? they decided to limit it to 120km deliberately cz our drivers drive like mad.
The car's bonnet is lockable with a key located just next to the driver's door.
It has ample back space,the face me I face you kind of seats and a back door. 6 small people can fit in behind there.
Infact you can use this car as a mat in shags.

Mhh what else,it has space for radio and box for putting ur stuff in.
The roof is strong enough to carry luggage.

What impressed me the most is the Management's attitude-they believe in young talent, not just papers.kudos.

If you wanna buy- well pay 50k deposit to pre-order and the balance in 3 months when the car is expected to be ready.
The 1.15m price quoted by Kihari is inclusive of tax.

you know all these from 'playing with the steering and sitting inside'. majabu!

Good info kysse.

@mkenyan - You make it sound like this is insider information not to be made public...
GGK
#22 Posted : Tuesday, October 28, 2014 2:54:38 PM

Michael Joseph Joins Kenya's Mobius Motors As Marketing Advisor

Expect some peculiar marketing strategies

http://allafrica.com/stories/201410280399.html
"..I am because we are. "― Ubuntu, Umtu,
harrydre
#23 Posted : Tuesday, October 28, 2014 2:59:42 PM

harrydre
#24 Posted : Tuesday, October 28, 2014 3:06:18 PM

kenmac wrote:
MatataMingi wrote:
@kenmac,

Can you kindly post technical details or a brochure.

tare weight - 1200kgs
Gross weight - 1890kgs
length - 3820mm
Height - 1860mm
Front track width - 1560mm
Rear track width - 1640mm
turning circle - 4.8m
wheel base - 2300mm
ground clearance - 410mm
Engine capacity - 1600cc
Engine output - 64kw
Transmission - 5-speed manual
Maximum speed - 105km/hr
Rear sitting - 6 passengers
Doors - 3

We can talk more on mobiousmotors@gmail.com

@Kenmac, I like the specs and the rugged look however that Dash needs some more work before I can get me one of these. What about some a/c and power steering? maybe some audio? You guys need to also think of the urban folk who would also love to buy & own Kenyan.
i.am.back!!!!
Um Sayala
#25 Posted : Tuesday, October 28, 2014 3:33:10 PM

http://edition.cnn.com/2...dex.html?hpt=hp_c5#index
"Peace is our profession, War is our business" ...Unknown
Um Sayala
#26 Posted : Tuesday, October 28, 2014 3:36:38 PM

"Peace is our profession, War is our business" ...Unknown
qooler
#27 Posted : Tuesday, October 28, 2014 4:23:39 PM

Um Sayala wrote:
http://edition.cnn.com/2014/10/28/tech/innovation/industrial-art-volkswagens-transparent-factory/index.html?hpt=hp_c5#index

what does VW has to do with our Mobius?
mkenyan
#28 Posted : Tuesday, October 28, 2014 7:42:44 PM

JkMwatha wrote:
mkenyan wrote:
kysse wrote:
Kihara joni wrote:
Just checked out the vehicle and the total cost of getting one is about 1,150,000/- For this I think they should have at least put windows on thing,
right now the driver of the mobius and a bodaboda guy have no difference, except that the bodaboda guy can do 180kmh

Was there today for a 'test drive'(playing with the steering and sitting inside).

The Car is awsome :)made for the rough terrain and is best suited for rides in shags or the bush.

It also has canvas for windows, but the reason it doesn't come with glass windows is cz Africa is hot.
The demand is so high but more good stuff is yet to come in 2016 so watch this space.
The car can cruise at crazy speed so guess what? they decided to limit it to 120km deliberately cz our drivers drive like mad.
It has ample back space,the face me I face you kind of seats and a back door. 6 small people can fit in behind there.

What impressed me the most is the Management's attitude-they believe in young talent, not just papers.kudos.

If you wanna buy- well pay 50k deposit to pre-order and the balance in 3 months when the car is expected to be ready.

Good info kysse.

@mkenyan - You make it sound like this is insider information not to be made public...

nope. my point is something like a vehicle 'made for the rough terrain and is best suited for rides in shags or the bush' (the part i bolded) can only be ascertained by driving that vehicle on such 'rough terrains', 'shags' and 'bushes'. accepting that by just sitting in the car is buying into the seller's advertisement and may for all we know be wrong.
harrydre
#29 Posted : Tuesday, October 28, 2014 8:37:01 PM

qooler wrote:
Um Sayala wrote:
http://edition.cnn.com/2014/10/28/tech/innovation/industrial-art-volkswagens-transparent-factory/index.html?hpt=hp_c5#index

what does VW has to do with our Mobius?

it's probably where we need to be.
i.am.back!!!!
limanika
#30 Posted : Tuesday, October 28, 2014 8:45:45 PM

I support this first step in journey of 1000miles. Of the 100,000 cars imported into Kenya every year, my conservative estimate shows that about 50b is taken out of Kenyan economy to create jobs elsewhere. If only 50% of these cars were assembled locally, with 50% of the parts being sourced locally, we could create upwards of 400,000 direct jobs with average salary of 30K. This would have a multiplier effect on economy, and the news would even be better if we started consuming our own oil rather than importing. That's largely how some countries like S.Korea developed.
kysse
#31 Posted : Tuesday, October 28, 2014 10:14:08 PM

mkenyan wrote:
JkMwatha wrote:
mkenyan wrote:
kysse wrote:
Kihara joni wrote:

Good info kysse.

nope. my point is something like a vehicle 'made for the rough terrain and is best suited for rides in shags or the bush' (the part i bolded) can only be ascertained by driving that vehicle on such 'rough terrains', 'shags' and 'bushes'. accepting that by just sitting in the car is buying into the seller's advertisement and may for all we know be wrong.

Thanks Mkenyan.
The car has been thoroughly tested in isiolo,garissa meru,nanyuki,infact I have a promised trip to prove them right.
Please go to sameer and enjoy the white widow one, only one of its kind,smile ask to speak to one Alex K.who drives to and from meru hills each weekend.

Warankaz meru be like'araa hii ngari inaeza mbemba miraa'? Why not? ngoat,mendicine,chicken cat,satellite ndishes @ all can fit in.

Now those who love adventure and outdoors will appreciate this vehicle cz it's also wide and spacious.The body is tough chuma with a metallic bumper infront to protect the body.

ok would any sane co.launch anything without testing save for Nyayo Pioneer?

sparkly
#32 Posted : Wednesday, October 29, 2014 2:17:57 AM

Can it be pimped to look like a Defender?
Life is short. Live passionately.
kysse
#33 Posted : Wednesday, October 29, 2014 8:08:50 AM

sparkly wrote:

it can be pimped for sure. can modify the roof too to give it a tour vehicle look.

Why dont you just go over there and get the feel? or call ,can give u contacts if u want.
Those guys will answer all your questions.
kysse
#34 Posted : Wednesday, October 29, 2014 8:50:53 AM

sparkly wrote:

it can be pimped for sure. can modify the roof too to give it a tour vehicle look.

Why dont you just go over there and get the feel? or call , somebody.
Those guys will answer all your questions.
Chaka
#35 Posted : Wednesday, October 29, 2014 9:33:26 AM

Rear or front wheel?2X4,4X4?
Forester
#36 Posted : Wednesday, October 29, 2014 2:56:20 PM

Good to see an improvement on Mobius II...Mobius I was one UGLY contraption!!! They hardly even mentioned it on their site.

Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs - Farrah Gray.
harrydre
#37 Posted : Wednesday, October 29, 2014 8:09:45 PM

Chaka wrote:
Rear or front wheel?2X4,4X4?

from the pics, it looks rear wheel drive
i.am.back!!!!
kysse
#38 Posted : Wednesday, October 29, 2014 9:11:12 PM

Forester wrote:
Good to see an improvement on Mobius II...Mobius I was one UGLY contraption!!! They hardly even mentioned it on their site.

goodness!! seeing them for the 1st time.Laughing out loudly
radio
#39 Posted : Wednesday, October 29, 2014 9:47:20 PM

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly that thing looks funny! Where are the pics for Mobius II? @kysse pics tafadhali. Btw, is this where you moved to after thisApplause
harrydre
#40 Posted : Thursday, October 30, 2014 9:01:05 PM

radio wrote:
Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly that thing looks funny! Where are the pics for Mobius II? @kysse pics tafadhali. Btw, is this where you moved to after thisApplause

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

it's sawa for machinani.
i.am.back!!!!