wazua Tue, May 7, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Corruption in NSE listed companies
mukiha
#1 Posted : Tuesday, May 12, 2009 5:18:00 AM

Of all the listed companies on the NSE,which do you think has the most internal corruption.

By 'internal',I mean that directors,management and staff are milking the company for their personal gain.

I think it is KQ.

What do you think?
Nothing is real unless it can be named; nothing has value unless it can be sold; money is worthless unless you spend it.
Kaigangio
#2 Posted : Tuesday, May 12, 2009 6:12:00 AM

KPLC is taking the lead as it has always done

NEVER TALK OF A RHINO IF THERE IS NO TREE NEAREBY - ZULU PROVERB
...besides, the presence of a safe alone does not signify that there is money inside...
Spendthrift
#3 Posted : Tuesday, May 12, 2009 6:29:00 AM

Another string of rumours.

Why don't you include what evidence you have. My good mentor told me that most people who start with ' I think' actually never think. I use 'I think' too but often followed by 'because........'

Mukiha go on.....otherwise it may just be because the composition of the KQ board doesn't excite your 'innermost faculty'. I know for a fact that many of us here hate to think that Naikuni is at the helm of that company.

Same for KPLC.

Everyday!
Tusker Baridi
#4 Posted : Tuesday, May 12, 2009 7:04:00 AM

Equity Bank- an elaborate ponzi scheme

Housing Finance- wait until the housing bubble bursts

KPLC- too many schemes of supplying poles

Kenya Re- too many government fatcats
mukiha
#5 Posted : Tuesday, May 12, 2009 7:24:00 AM

@Spendthrift

Good challenge; I was waiting for it....

I know (not 'think') a few managers who own companies that supply the company with products and services.

A few months ago,I sent a proposal for service provision to KQ. The manager who received it called and asked me to add 20% to the charges for her. I said no ...and she said no to my proposal!

A former head of communications & corporate affairs was a founder & major shareholder of the company that handled advertising bookings for the in0flight magazine (Msafiri)

etc

etc
Nothing is real unless it can be named; nothing has value unless it can be sold; money is worthless unless you spend it.
Kaigangio
#6 Posted : Tuesday, May 12, 2009 8:33:00 AM

@ Tusker,

What tangible proof or evidence do you have that equates EB to a ponzi scheme...or do you rely on the malicious falsehoods penddled by the jealous lot? Where does corruption manifest itself in the bank's hierachy?

Housing finance....does this bubble that you have been waiting for for the last 1.5 years translate into corruption?

...besides, the presence of a safe alone does not signify that there is money inside...
Mainat
#7 Posted : Tuesday, May 12, 2009 9:18:00 AM

KQ-Mukiha,I thought Moi & sons supply everything to KQ?

Equity-please...lets quit this non-objective hatred

HFCK-I guess that would make the whole US?UK banking systems corrupt

KCB-historically and even today (see Triton),some loans given on non-commercial basis to dubious individuals/businesses .

www.mjengakenya.blogspot.com
Sehemu ndio nyumba
mutuemilio
#8 Posted : Tuesday, May 12, 2009 9:29:00 AM

Remember perception is 99% real.Look at the annual perception Index of Transparency international,it matches the real picture.remember where there is a smoke there is fire.

As for the companies mentioned here most if not all condone corrupt practices; and the corporate governance is poor.Also bear in mind that our brothers,sisters,mothers and friends work in these companies and so they experience this.

Kaigangio
#9 Posted : Tuesday, May 12, 2009 9:54:00 AM

@ mutuemilio

please give names,that is what we want....

Kaigangio
#10 Posted : Tuesday, May 12, 2009 9:56:00 AM

@ mutuemilio

please give names,that is what we want....

Tusker Baridi
#11 Posted : Tuesday, May 12, 2009 11:44:00 AM

Equity- the bank is dangerously overleveraged,is political. Seems like a ponzi to me.

Housing Finance-yes Mainat,the US and UK banking systems are corrupt to the core,just look at all that subprime mortgage fraud that led to the bubble,overleveraging,dangerous derivatives. Even the banking bailout stinks to the heavens. That doesnt mean that I dont invest in them,so long as I know how to play the game.

KCB- I agree,historically corrupt with govt fatcats all over it.
simonkabz
#12 Posted : Tuesday, May 12, 2009 4:40:00 PM

@TB,do u suffer from MPD? Ua latest reply is the way to do it,not the earlier one....n b4 u throw an outburst,im not lecturing u,just informing u that some of ua posts belong to the theatre of the absurd.Sorry.

Truest proverb: Mwenda pole hajikwai
TULIA.........UFUNZWE!
Tusker Baridi
#13 Posted : Wednesday, May 13, 2009 5:37:00 AM

Simon

When I agree with you,i'm a genius,but when we dissagree then i'm a nut case. Whatever happenned to agreeing to dissagree?
Goals
#14 Posted : Wednesday, May 13, 2009 8:50:00 AM

@ mukiha

at times we encourage corruption. Congrats if you did not adjust upward. You can only stop it by writting a complaint directly to the management. the md or other directors may not have been involved in this case you experienced. Lets not lose opportunities to Kill corruption.

Fear sees obstacles,Faith sees opportunities Fear sees problems,Faith sees possibilities Fear sees stumbling blocks,Faith sees stepping-stones!
mseiya
#15 Posted : Saturday, May 16, 2009 2:59:00 AM

KCB.

Recruitment is very tribal,for instance finance department filled by Kaus. Finance director (Mutiso),finance manager (Munyao),musyoka (assistant)and a host of others I can name. The big boys in finance have the final say on recruitment in the department...More than 50% of finance staff are Kaus. They have even lee way to request additional staff even when not necessary and it becomes very hard for guys to work..coz of god father syndrome! Check with a KCB staff

Or is nepotism not corruption too? Look at it from that angle too.

....be it unto me according to your word ohh God!
The market, like the Lord, helps those who help themselves. But, unlike the Lord, the market does not forgive those who know not what they do. - Warren Buffett