wazua Sun, May 12, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

7 Pages<12345>»
SYRIA The End Game
#41 Posted : Thursday, October 13, 2016 5:03:45 PM

tycho wrote:
xyzee wrote:
tycho wrote:
Somehow the game must end. I wonder how Kenya is positioning itself.
I fear it's going to be very messy.

@tycho

Where does kenya come in?
d'oh! d'oh!

If Russia is on Assad's side, then the security council is on stalemate. But the stalemate is focused on creating 'new' centers of power.

Battlefronts are diverse; diplomacy, trade, military, ideology . . .

Political stability may be akin to that of the cold war or even the world wars. Kenya has been with the British/ Americans in the last two wars, but what about now?

There's no possibility for a stalemate within the security council on this one. You only need a veto from a member - Russia. Whoever came up with these rules?? The council has even forgotten about N. Korea.

BBI will solve it
:)
Obi 1 Kanobi
#42 Posted : Thursday, October 13, 2016 5:52:54 PM

Assad should have cut a deal with the US while Obama is still around. The next president will not be as sympathetic or empathetic, and regardless of what they think, Russia and US are not equals, somehow the US will bend Russia to its will through pressure or bribery, then Assad will be left on his own to fend off a rabid insurgency backed by CIA Black Ops, who will then turn on each other and then on the US and Syria like every other Middle Eastern Country will remain as shit as ever.

All this calculated to ensure the survival of Israel and a low price for oil.
"The purpose of bureaucracy is to compensate for incompetence and lack of discipline." James Collins
sitaki.kujulikana
#43 Posted : Thursday, October 13, 2016 6:03:53 PM

2012 wrote:
tycho wrote:
xyzee wrote:
tycho wrote:
Somehow the game must end. I wonder how Kenya is positioning itself.
I fear it's going to be very messy.

@tycho

Where does kenya come in?
d'oh! d'oh!

If Russia is on Assad's side, then the security council is on stalemate. But the stalemate is focused on creating 'new' centers of power.

Battlefronts are diverse; diplomacy, trade, military, ideology . . .

Political stability may be akin to that of the cold war or even the world wars. Kenya has been with the British/ Americans in the last two wars, but what about now?

There's no possibility for a stalemate within the security council on this one. You only need a veto from a member - Russia. Whoever came up with these rules?? The council has even forgotten about N. Korea.

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly despite the young man's numerous attempts to remain visible.

The veto is a very good rule, perfect balance between the west and the east.
chemirocha
#44 Posted : Thursday, October 13, 2016 6:23:57 PM

sitaki.kujulikana wrote:

The veto is a very good rule, perfect balance between the west and the east.

The veto powers has made the UN security council incapable of decisive decisions on conflicts in Syria, Ukraine, Palestine and historically the breakup of Yugoslavia and the genocides in Rwanda and Darfur.
AlphDoti
#45 Posted : Thursday, October 13, 2016 6:35:25 PM

Obi 1 Kanobi wrote:
Assad should have cut a deal with the US while Obama is still around. The next president will not be as sympathetic or empathetic, and regardless of what they think, Russia and US are not equals, somehow the US will bend Russia to its will through pressure or bribery, then Assad will be left on his own to fend off a rabid insurgency backed by CIA Black Ops, who will then turn on each other and then on the US and Syria like every other Middle Eastern Country will remain as shit as ever.

All this calculated to ensure the survival of Israel and a low price for oil.

Pµt1n already warn them not to mess with ñµcléär Rµss1ä, he is not going to bend... If they insist in pushing the nonsense, WWÏÏÏ is imminent...
B.Timer
#46 Posted : Thursday, March 09, 2017 10:10:38 AM

The situation in Syria is disheartening.

I was listening to BBC the day before yesterday, where they featured on the trauma that children over there are going through.

There is evil in this world.

Quote:
But then again, this is Syria, where no target -- hospitals, schools -- is off limits. Where red lines are crossed with no consequences. Where atrocities are committed with no accountability.
And where children beg to die.

"They bombed us, and in just three minutes -- not three hours -- they destroyed our entire neighborhood," says Umm Bilal.

Her seven-year-old son, Bilal, stands next to her, looking warily up at us. "He asks why are there so many strikes?" Umm Bilal says. "He starts to cry. Sometimes he even says, 'I want to die.'"
How can a mother respond to that? What promises can she make to her child when she can't even be certain she can keep him safe?

LINK
Dunia ni msongamano..
Yowel
#47 Posted : Thursday, March 09, 2017 10:35:11 AM

B.Timer wrote:
The situation in Syria is disheartening.

I was listening to BBC the day before yesterday, where they featured on the trauma that children over there are going through.

There is evil in this world.

Quote:
But then again, this is Syria, where no target -- hospitals, schools -- is off limits. Where red lines are crossed with no consequences. Where atrocities are committed with no accountability.
And where children beg to die.

"They bombed us, and in just three minutes -- not three hours -- they destroyed our entire neighborhood," says Umm Bilal.

Her seven-year-old son, Bilal, stands next to her, looking warily up at us. "He asks why are there so many strikes?" Umm Bilal says. "He starts to cry. Sometimes he even says, 'I want to die.'"
How can a mother respond to that? What promises can she make to her child when she can't even be certain she can keep him safe?

LINK

Actually i watched this. Imagine a 4 year old drawing and talking about beheading people. What will such a child talk of humanity later in life after seeing so much suffering and death?

AlphDoti
#48 Posted : Thursday, March 09, 2017 11:16:22 AM

Back in 2014, women and children were being massacred wholesale... No one raised a finger... sad

Cartoon in 2014 to depict the genesis:

AlphDoti
#49 Posted : Thursday, March 09, 2017 11:24:11 AM

Oct 2014 depiction...
AlphDoti
#50 Posted : Thursday, March 09, 2017 12:16:42 PM

For three years, this issue has been swept under the carpet... the killings, the massacre, the bombing... etc.

Now I see now this is being highlighted. TO me, I notice someone is trying to liberate themselves from the blame of this mess in Syria.

Those who are fighting Assad, who is paying them? And when they are done with Syria, they will be paid to go and invade another country. Invasion in Syria, is done by people sponsored by Qatar and Saudi. Qatar and Saudia are Zionist countries... they are Zionist spanner boys.

If they want to deny that and say they are not connected with Zionists, ask them where are they getting their weapons? They will says, oh we're getting them from Syria army... what a convenient and hilarious answer.

They are guinea pigs... And they are fake jihadists.

NOTE: I'm not saying I support Syrian govt, no! But I just want to expose those who want to take us for a ride, those who want to use this opportunity to bring down Syrian govt. Just like they did to Libya.
chemirocha
#51 Posted : Thursday, March 09, 2017 12:52:10 PM

AlphDoti wrote:
For three years, this issue has been swept under the carpet... the killings, the massacre, the bombing... etc.

Now I see now this is being highlighted. TO me, I notice someone is trying to liberate themselves from the blame of this mess in Syria.

Those who are fighting Assad, who is paying them? And when they are done with Syria, they will be paid to go and invade another country. Invasion in Syria, is done by people sponsored by Qatar and Saudi. Qatar and Saudia are Zionist countries... they are Zionist spanner boys.

If they want to deny that and say they are not connected with Zionists, ask them where are they getting their weapons? They will says, oh we're getting them from Syria army... what a convenient and hilarious answer.

They are guinea pigs... And they are fake jihadists.

NOTE: I'm not saying I support Syrian govt, no! But I just want to expose those who want to take us for a ride, those who want to use this opportunity to bring down Syrian govt. Just like they did to Libya.

Going back to the Cold War and the death of pan-Arabism the common thread in Middle East conflicts is the factions representing Saudi, Iranian and US/ Israeli interests.
Tokyo
#52 Posted : Thursday, March 09, 2017 1:45:45 PM

Mess in Syria funded by Zionist ?? He he ... laughing in Swahili
work to prosper
Ngalaka
#53 Posted : Thursday, March 09, 2017 3:24:03 PM

The situation in Syria is murky.

What is holding today is a lot more complex and multi pronged vis a vis what was started on the onset of Arab spring.

It is however not unique to Syria - any armed conflict and drags on, and on issues will inevitably keep mutating.

For Syria, I venture that this conflict started with what came to be called the Arab Spring that started in Tunisia if my memory serves me well. Other Countries that went through this baptism by fire were – Egypt, Libya, and Yemen which also remains mired in turmoil.

The underlying motivation in these uprisings was to overthrow leadership that had come to be seen as dictatorial.
The situation in Syria quickly got embroiled in sectarian differences between factions of the same faith, a situation that is also pictured in Yemen.
Opposing powers within the Middle East took different sides and fuelled the conflict further – resulting to significant human loss and suffering.

Syria’s strong man Bashar Assad was said to be particularly brutal in dealing with those agitating for his removal from power, attracting condemnation from Washington and the greater West who viewed the insurgents as legitimate quest for freedom.
The US then began to aid and facilitate some of the myriad of insurgents – those that it felt would foster democratic rule if Assad was pushed out.

To complicate matters further, some undesired players, said to be backed by Riyadh and comprised mostly of foreign fighters joined the fray - fighting to overthrow Assad. This group variously tagged IS, ISIS, ISIL, had a fundamentalist agenda – talking caliphate and such.
These cocktail of rebels kept on advancing, capturing and controlling territory including parts of the famous Aleppo – with sections controlled by either side of the conflict.

Assad on the other hand decided to up the ante – allegedly gassing the rebels decidedly and across the spectrum – both the foreign and the home grown challengers.

Washing got alarmed since they had specifically warned Assad against chemical weapons following earlier claims. Washington eventually did not act on this red line they had imposed – a matter that invited ridicule to Obama for failing to act despite his warnings getting breached.

Obama’s hesitation was for a good reason though, as Russia, Assad’s long time godfather offered to rid Syria of its chemical weapons stock pile and delivered on the promise.
Thereafter, when Russia felt that Damascus was likely to fall to the Rebels, they checked into the theatre to bolster their protégée – heavily bombing the rebels indiscriminately and managing to push them into the back burner.

Both Assad and the rebels have been brutal and reckless in the conflict resulting in atrocities visited upon civilians especially women and Children.
Isuni yilu yi maa me muyo - ni Mbisuu
B.Timer
#54 Posted : Friday, March 10, 2017 5:50:33 PM

Quote:
ANKARA (Reuters) - Turkey has ordered U.S.-based Mercy Corps, one of the largest humanitarian organizations delivering aid to Syria, to immediately shut down its Turkish operations, the group said on Wednesday.
Mercy Corps said the Turkish government had not given a specific reason for the decision, which will mean ending a program that provides regular assistance to hundreds of thousands of besieged Syrian civilians and refugees.
"Our hearts are broken by this turn of events, which comes after five years of cooperation with the government of Turkey and other local partners," Mercy Corps said in a statement on its website.
A Turkish government official told Reuters that the decision was "technical" and that Mercy Corps had failed to meet some documentation requirements. It was not immediately clear which documents the group had failed to provide.
Mercy Corps said it was grateful for the cooperation given until now by Turkey, "which has generously opened its doors to more than 3 million refugees since the Syria conflict began".

https://www.yahoo.com/news/u-aid-group-mercy-corps-says-turkey-revoked-153720622.html
Dunia ni msongamano..
Shak
#55 Posted : Friday, April 07, 2017 7:17:18 AM

Trump orders a military strike against Syria...
#56 Posted : Friday, April 07, 2017 8:32:28 AM

Shak wrote:

'US warships launched 59 Tomahawk cruise missiles at a Syrian government airbase where the warplanes that carried out the chemical attacks were based'.

Finally, Trump takes on Russia.

'Russia will demand an urgent UN Security Council meeting after the US airstrike on Syrian aviation base. "This is an act of aggression against a UN member."

BBI will solve it
:)
AlphDoti
#57 Posted : Friday, April 07, 2017 3:47:49 PM

2012 wrote:
Shak wrote:

'US warships launched 59 Tomahawk cruise missiles at a Syrian government airbase where the warplanes that carried out the chemical attacks were based'.

'Russia will demand an urgent UN Security Council meeting after the US airstrike on Syrian aviation base. "This is an act of aggression against a UN member."

As long as Russia is not provoked directly, they'll not give a hoot. Russia will concentrate on areas with the US shoe-polish boys are operating around.
sitaki.kujulikana
#58 Posted : Friday, April 07, 2017 4:01:23 PM

AlphDoti wrote:
2012 wrote:
Shak wrote:

As long as Russia is not provoked directly, they'll not give a hoot. Russia will concentrate on areas with the US shoe-polish boys are operating around.

both the Americans and Russians don't really care, I think to them its just a game, but hawa watu, chemical weapons, they never get tired of fighting, at the end of the day it mostly syrians killing their fellow syrians, then some outsiders coming in to make the conflict worse.
Ngalaka
#59 Posted : Friday, April 07, 2017 5:02:05 PM

Funny how people here are more interested in the dynamics of US vs Russia while sweeping to the back banner, the substantive issue of Syrians being gassed!
Isuni yilu yi maa me muyo - ni Mbisuu
harrydre
#60 Posted : Friday, April 07, 2017 5:30:27 PM

Perfect opportunity for Trump to shift focus from his Team & Russian collusion to win elections which is under investigation. Now everyone is talking about the bombings.
i.am.back!!!!