wazua Wed, Apr 24, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

131 Pages«<7879808182>»
Kenya Economy Watch
winmak
#1581 Posted : Tuesday, March 27, 2018 7:54:25 AM

Ericsson wrote:
https://www.businessdailyafrica.com/economy/Kinyua-stops-parastatals-from-taking-in-new-loans/3946234-4358112-pff12fz/index.html

Watu wakaze mshipi

Jaindi Kisero mentioned these many times, hopefully they will stick to it
For investors as a whole, returns decrease as motion increases ~ WB
winmak
#1582 Posted : Wednesday, March 28, 2018 8:35:47 AM

https://www.nation.co.ke...60218-5fnfg9z/index.html
For investors as a whole, returns decrease as motion increases ~ WB
Ericsson
#1583 Posted : Friday, May 04, 2018 11:28:02 AM

Kenyan government/treasury to float $3bn or ksh.300bn Euro bond for budgetary support in the 2018/2019 budget.
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
Angelica _ann
#1584 Posted : Friday, May 04, 2018 12:14:41 PM

Ericsson wrote:
Kenyan government/treasury to float $3bn or ksh.300bn Euro bond for budgetary support in the 2018/2019 budget.

Another one???
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
obiero
#1585 Posted : Friday, May 04, 2018 12:23:54 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

Another one???

The other one was used to pay off matured debt, ofcourse its a new one! There are people who will be very wealthy by 2022

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
Angelica _ann
#1586 Posted : Friday, May 04, 2018 12:33:42 PM

obiero wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

Another one???

The other one was used to pay off matured debt, ofcourse its a new one! There are people who will be very wealthy by 2022

Ok thanks, awuoro Sad Sad Sad
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
Swenani
#1587 Posted : Friday, May 04, 2018 2:45:13 PM

Kaza mshipi

Quote:
The Cabinet Secretary has also promised total overhaul of the Income Tax Act, signalling a possible increase in income taxes to finance the exchequer.

Quote:
Excise taxes on beer and cigarettes are already subject to inflation-based increases every two years — under a law that was passed three years ago but was also suspended because of possible political repercussions.

Quote:
Petroleum products will start attracting 16 per cent VAT beginning September, a move that will add about Sh17 on every litre of the commodity and is expected to raise up to Sh70 billion in new tax revenues.

Quote:
The single biggest expenditure item is, however, debt service from the Consolidated Fund that will consume half of ordinary revenue in interest payments and settling maturing debt.

Some Sh870.7 billion will be spent on interest payments and redemption of domestic and foreign debt — representing a 43 per cent increase from the Sh608.4 billion in the current fiscal year.
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
Ericsson
#1588 Posted : Tuesday, May 29, 2018 1:25:56 PM

According to Kenya's Central Bank, occupancy rates at Kenyan shopping malls is at 25%.
heri
#1589 Posted : Tuesday, May 29, 2018 1:32:52 PM

Ericsson wrote:
According to Kenya's Central Bank, occupancy rates at Kenyan shopping malls is at 25%.

really? that would be very serious considering more are still coming up

But i do not see that many empty spaces in the malls when i visit them . is that figure correct

Anyway yesterday i was at Garden city in the evening and was surprised to see virtually empty car park

How do these businesses survive if they only get people during weekends.
maka
#1590 Posted : Tuesday, May 29, 2018 3:18:10 PM

heri wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

But i do not see that many empty spaces in the malls when i visit them . is that figure correct

Anyway yesterday i was at Garden city in the evening and was surprised to see virtually empty car park

very correct...
possunt quia posse videntur
Metch
#1591 Posted : Tuesday, May 29, 2018 4:50:10 PM

maka wrote:
heri wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

very correct...

Money laundering Silenced Silenced
Start!
mulla
#1592 Posted : Tuesday, May 29, 2018 6:02:30 PM

Metch wrote:
maka wrote:
heri wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

very correct...

Some are even less than 25%.....examples....Juja city mall, the one opposite T-mall...only houses a bar and a chemist the last time i was there, Thika Gateway mall completely empty and looking for tenants.
But if i were these builders i would have built low - middle income rental flats. Hautakosa wateja.
murchr
#1593 Posted : Tuesday, May 29, 2018 6:13:52 PM

mulla wrote:
Metch wrote:
maka wrote:
heri wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

very correct...

Some are even less than 25%.....examples....Juja city mall, the one opposite T-mall...only houses a bar and a chemist the last time i was there, Thika Gateway mall completely empty and looking for tenants.
But if i were these builders i would have built low - middle income rental flats. Hautakosa wateja.

When we told you guys that Kenya is over malled many doubted

Kiash 2015 - http://www.wazua.co.ke/f...sts&t=20375&p=2

Revisited 2017 - http://www.wazua.co.ke/f...aspx?g=posts&t=35097
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
Wororo
#1594 Posted : Wednesday, May 30, 2018 5:30:02 PM

Ericsson
#1595 Posted : Thursday, May 31, 2018 4:43:19 PM

https://www.standardmedi...to-allow-more-borrowing

Treasury is once again seeking Parliament's nod to reduce the Government's debt by half. The latest initiative does not involve paying off the debt, but changing the law to create room for the Government to borrow more.Treasury wants a change to the Public Finance Management (PFM) Act that would put limits on foreign borrowing only. This would lower Kenya's percentage of debt to Gross Domestic Product (GDP) from the current 49 per cent to 25 per cent. This would effectively offer the Government more room for borrowing. "We are asking for an amendment of the PFM Act to classify only external public guarantee debt to be considered as the ceiling for the purposes of the World Bank Country Policy and Institutional Assessment,” Treasury PS Kamau Thugge said. Dr Thugge said Kenya’s current total debt to GDP stands at 49 per cent, which is still short of the World Bank's recommendation of 74 per cent, the level at which the institution considers debt to be risky.
Angelica _ann
#1596 Posted : Thursday, May 31, 2018 6:58:06 PM

Ericsson wrote:
https://www.standardmedia.co.ke/business/article/2001282246/treasury-asks-mps-to-allow-more-borrowing

Treasury is once again seeking Parliament's nod to reduce the Government's debt by half. The latest initiative does not involve paying off the debt, but changing the law to create room for the Government to borrow more.Treasury wants a change to the Public Finance Management (PFM) Act that would put limits on foreign borrowing only. This would lower Kenya's percentage of debt to Gross Domestic Product (GDP) from the current 49 per cent to 25 per cent. This would effectively offer the Government more room for borrowing. "We are asking for an amendment of the PFM Act to classify only external public guarantee debt to be considered as the ceiling for the purposes of the World Bank Country Policy and Institutional Assessment,” Treasury PS Kamau Thugge said. Dr Thugge said Kenya’s current total debt to GDP stands at 49 per cent, which is still short of the World Bank's recommendation of 74 per cent, the level at which the institution considers debt to be risky.

This is a very good move, we need more money to build & develop the economy.
lochaz-index
#1597 Posted : Thursday, June 07, 2018 7:08:44 AM

Angelica _ann wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
https://www.standardmedia.co.ke/business/article/2001282246/treasury-asks-mps-to-allow-more-borrowing

How so? I fear you might not have understood the implication of the proposed ammendments.
The main purpose of the stock market is to make fools of as many people as possible.
wukan
#1598 Posted : Thursday, June 07, 2018 10:06:12 AM

Angelica _ann wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

Inflationary finance-pay off the local debt by printing money.
Swenani
#1599 Posted : Thursday, June 07, 2018 2:58:38 PM

lochaz-index wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

How so? I fear you might not have understood the implication of the proposed ammendments.

Sarcasm seems to be so foreign to most of us
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
murchr
#1600 Posted : Thursday, June 07, 2018 4:34:38 PM

"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore