wazua Thu, Apr 25, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

131 Pages«<99100101102103>»
Kenya Economy Watch
Angelica _ann
#2001 Posted : Thursday, January 03, 2019 7:30:07 PM

https://www.businessdail...9436-61x25vz/index.html

Weak house sales plunge real estate to 4-year low
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
MugundaMan
#2002 Posted : Friday, January 04, 2019 12:52:28 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:

"slow pace of increase" Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

For the umpteenth time I say people are funny! Growth is growth. Until there is a RECESSION (negative rate of growth) in real estate prices you can cry till the cows come home that "real estate is collapsing" and only convince rubes. When demand exceeds supply, prices will always rise. Ati "my financial situation is deteriorating because my savings account added 500k instead of 600k last year" Laughing out loudly
jmbada
#2003 Posted : Saturday, January 05, 2019 10:01:20 PM

MugundaMan wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:

"slow pace of increase" Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

For the umpteenth time I say people are funny! Growth is growth. Until there is a RECESSION (negative rate of growth) in real estate prices you can cry till the cows come home that "real estate is collapsing" and only convince rubes. When demand exceeds supply, prices will always rise. Ati "my financial situation is deteriorating because my savings account added 500k instead of 600k last year" Laughing out loudly

maka
#2004 Posted : Sunday, January 06, 2019 5:05:50 AM

MugundaMan wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:

You are punching below your weight class.... ๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž
possunt quia posse videntur
Monk
#2005 Posted : Monday, January 07, 2019 8:24:44 AM

Power Consumption dips to 5 year low

Comsumption of Cement and roofing sheets dropped last year, according to data released late last year for the construction industry.

PAYE collections down according to data from KRA published late last year.

Performances by many listed companies dropped in the last two years, as seen in their financial reports.

GDP growing at 5%

What I'm I missing here?
kenyan2019
#2006 Posted : Monday, January 07, 2019 10:09:08 AM

New 30pc dividends tax shocker hits investors https://www.businessdail...24192-sr7b69/index.html via @BD_Africa
MugundaMan
#2007 Posted : Monday, January 07, 2019 10:22:46 AM

Monk wrote:

Comsumption of Cement and roofing sheets dropped last year, according to data released late last year for the construction industry.

Performances by many listed companies dropped in the last two years, as seen in their financial reports.

GDP growing at 5%

What I'm I missing here?

Did you forget the KPLC scandals that have landed several wazitos in jail? These cheps were cooking figures and taking away the loot so KPLC consumption numbers cannot necessarily be relied on. Kenya GDP is waaaaaaaay bigger than crumbling 30 or so corrupt companies on the NSE, cement and roofing sheets baba. Go to KNBS for a huuuuuuuge and elaborate breakdown of how the 5%+ red Hawtt sustained growth rates have been arrived at.
Angelica _ann
#2008 Posted : Monday, January 07, 2019 11:07:57 AM

MugundaMan wrote:
Monk wrote:

GDP growing at 5%

What I'm I missing here?

Did you forget the KPLC scandals that have landed several wazitos in jail? These cheps were cooking figures and taking away the loot so KPLC consumption numbers cannot necessarily be relied on. Kenya GDP is waaaaaaaay bigger than crumbling 30 or so corrupt companies on the NSE, cement and roofing sheets baba. Go to KNBS for a huuuuuuuge and elaborate breakdown of how the 5%+ red Hawtt sustained growth rates have been arrived at.

Economic Survey report coming out in February from GoK, we will soon know the economic performance then.
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
jmbada
#2009 Posted : Monday, January 07, 2019 11:43:38 AM

MugundaMan wrote:
Monk wrote:

GDP growing at 5%

What I'm I missing here?

Which wazitos are ACTUALLY in jail as opposed to being arrested, charged and out on bail/bond?
rwitre
#2010 Posted : Monday, January 07, 2019 4:05:20 PM

This bear is not going anywhere any time soon

New 30pc dividends tax shocker hits investors

Quote:
A new 30 percent tax on dividends paid by subsidiary companies has caught investors by surprise, sending some firms into a panic distribution of cash to shareholders to beat the effective date of January 1, 2019.

Amendments to the Income Tax Act through the Finance Act 2018 made it a requirement for Kenyan firms to pay a 30 percent tax on dividends received from their subsidiaries once the proceeds are distributed to shareholders.

A company could previously receive dividends without paying withholding tax provided it maintained an ownership of more than 12.5 percent in the subsidiary.

Waiting to see how it will affect the EPS for Full year 2019
Yliett
#2011 Posted : Monday, January 07, 2019 5:08:32 PM

I am really worried that the tourism value has dropped really low. This is very alarming. Tourism is a very big sector in the countries economy. We need to see the reasons for this falling out. I really hope that the countries GDP will grow in the near future. What are your predictions?
Horton
#2012 Posted : Tuesday, January 08, 2019 7:40:28 AM

Yliett wrote:
I am really worried that the tourism value has dropped really low. This is very alarming. Tourism is a very big sector in the countries economy. We need to see the reasons for this falling out. I really hope that the countries GDP will grow in the near future. What are your predictions?

Are u talking about the same country? Tourism in Kenya surpassed the 2m for the first time in 2018. Ask any coastal hotelier and they will tell you business is booming. The Airbnb we used to book for $29 on the beach is now $41

https://www.businessdail...4636-15p97f6z/index.html
kawi254
#2013 Posted : Tuesday, January 08, 2019 8:29:33 AM

Horton wrote:
[quote=Yliett]I am really worried that the tourism value has dropped really low. This is very alarming. Tourism is a very big sector in the countries economy. We need to see the reasons for this falling out. I really hope that the countries GDP will grow in the near future. What are your predictions?

Are u talking about the same country? Tourism in Kenya surpassed the 2m for the first time in 2018. Ask any coastal hotelier and they will tell you business is booming. The Airbnb we used to book for $29 on the beach is now $41

https://www.businessdail...636-15p97f6z/index.html[/quote]

A tourist is anyone who gets in on a 3 month tourist Visa which is what foreigners use as a 'work permit' i.e after every 3 months exit to TZ or UG and enter again to get another 3 months. The figure will be less than 2M if they got unique visitors.
Horton
#2014 Posted : Tuesday, January 08, 2019 9:36:30 AM

kawi254 wrote:
Horton wrote:
[quote=Yliett]I am really worried that the tourism value has dropped really low. This is very alarming. Tourism is a very big sector in the countries economy. We need to see the reasons for this falling out. I really hope that the countries GDP will grow in the near future. What are your predictions?

A tourist is anyone who gets in on a 3 month tourist Visa which is what foreigners use as a 'work permit' i.e after every 3 months exit to TZ or UG and enter again to get another 3 months. The figure will be less than 2M if they got unique visitors.

Gosh rumors letโ€™s base our arguments on facts and not hearsay.

Call any Mombasa hotel and they will tell you they are at very high occupancy.
Ericsson
#2015 Posted : Tuesday, January 08, 2019 10:43:25 AM

Horton wrote:
kawi254 wrote:
Horton wrote:

Gosh rumors letโ€™s base our arguments on facts and not hearsay.

Call any Mombasa hotel and they will tell you they are at very high occupancy.

When it comes to such stats business daily can't be fully trusted
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
rwitre
#2016 Posted : Thursday, January 10, 2019 11:05:44 AM

Is this a bounce....or Q1 rally? Should we dare to believe?

Chartists saidia
Ebenyo
#2017 Posted : Thursday, January 10, 2019 8:00:48 PM

rwitre wrote:
Is this a bounce....or Q1 rally? Should we dare to believe?

Chartists saidia

NSE all share index since Monday suggests market is looking up

Monday-137.35
Tuesday-138.87
Wednesday-139.31
Thursday-141.41
Let's see tomorrow how it closes the week
Towards the goal of financial freedom
jmbada
#2018 Posted : Sunday, January 13, 2019 10:32:04 AM

Yliett wrote:

The country's growth has been consistently abive 5% for at least 5 years. And, as others have posted, tourism numbers have risen for FY 2018. Now the stock of tourism facilities and destinations has also increased so individual hotels and resorts may not reap the full benefits of the resurgence in tourism numbers.
maka
#2019 Posted : Sunday, January 13, 2019 4:10:48 PM

jmbada wrote:
Yliett wrote:

The country's growth has been consistently abive 5% for at least 5 years. And, as others have posted, tourism numbers have risen for FY 2018. Now the stock of tourism facilities and destinations has also increased so individual hotels and resorts may not reap the full benefits of the resurgence in tourism numbers.

5% is a joke... Anyway what do I know....
possunt quia posse videntur
jmbada
#2020 Posted : Monday, January 14, 2019 11:14:23 AM

maka wrote:
jmbada wrote:
Yliett wrote:

5% is a joke... Anyway what do I know....

How is 5% growth per annum a joke?