wazua Wed, Apr 24, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages12>
World Ventures - Scam or Genuine?
Mambokesho
#1 Posted : Thursday, May 23, 2013 2:25:29 PM

World Ventures

Has anyone attended the world ventures presentations? Please share with us your experiences. A friend has been insisting that I attend ad my understanding is that it is a kind of muilti level marketing. could it be a scam?
MaichBlack
#2 Posted : Saturday, May 09, 2015 7:28:53 AM

There is someone who is insisting on joining this thing but I am telling them I smell a big fat rat!
Never count on making a good sale. Have the purchase price be so attractive that even a mediocre sale gives good returns.
MaichBlack
#3 Posted : Saturday, May 09, 2015 7:47:06 AM

Here is how it works.

Membership fee - $360. Every month you contribute $70. I don't know if this money is offset against future trips (that's the product they are selling). The catch - if you bring in 4 people, you stop paying the monthly fee. Apparently you start getting some commission for future members under you. The storyline is that they are selling cheap holiday and travel packages.

My concern is the multi - levelness of the thing and monthly contributions. You know the shape that forms as everyone brings in four or more people below him! A pyramid!

I am telling them from what I can see, this is a pyramid scheme with a "product" as bait!

I assured them my wazua people have info everything under the sun that has the smell of money! I searched and found this thread with no replies.

Personally I would never join but can you guys kindly assist this person with information and experiences - good or bad. I am sending them a link to this thread so that they can directly follow the discussion.
Never count on making a good sale. Have the purchase price be so attractive that even a mediocre sale gives good returns.
whiteowl
#4 Posted : Saturday, May 09, 2015 8:04:47 AM

@MB this is a pyramid scheme and a quick Google search can verify that.Its been running for some years now coz there a YouTube video published in 2012.I also came across this article here
murchr
#5 Posted : Saturday, May 09, 2015 8:28:54 AM

MaichBlack wrote:
Here is how it works.

Membership fee - $360. Every month you contribute $70. I don't know if this money is offset against future trips (that's the product they are selling). The catch - if you bring in 4 people, you stop paying the monthly fee. Apparently you start getting some commission for future members under you. The storyline is that they are selling cheap holiday and travel packages. pyramid

My concern is the multi - levelness of the thing and monthly contributions. You know the shape that forms as everyone brings in four or more people below him! A pyramid! Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

I am telling them from what I can see, this is a pyramid scheme with a "product" as bait!

I assured them my wazua people have info everything under the sun that has the smell of money! I searched and found this thread with no replies.

Personally I would never join but can you guys kindly assist this person with information and experiences - good or bad. I am sending them a link to this thread so that they can directly follow the discussion.

Laughing out loudly
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
MaichBlack
#6 Posted : Saturday, May 09, 2015 9:26:09 AM

Haki Kenyans will never learn!!!

And some fellows were demanding the government compensates them - with OUR tax money! - for the money they lost in the Pyramid Schemes yet they are busy joining others!

Haki the day I meet a fellow saying "naomba serikali bla bla bla..." on these schemes, I am going to slap him so hard he will think he was hit by a train. Seriously!!!
enyands
#7 Posted : Saturday, May 09, 2015 9:42:02 AM

MaichBlack wrote:

And some fellows were demanding the government compensates them - with OUR tax money! - for the money they lost in the Pyramid Schemes yet they are busy joining others!

Haki the day I meet a fellow saying "naomba serikali bla bla bla..." on these schemes, I am going to slap him so hard he will think he was hit by a train. Seriously!!!

Tamaa mbele mauti nyuma . Deci, tiens, ...... As long as you are told to recruit someone then you get off the hook then that's an eyebrow raiser . I don't tthink you need to slap someone to realize , let them realize and slap themselves
MaichBlack
#8 Posted : Saturday, May 09, 2015 10:02:48 AM

enyands wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:

Tamaa mbele mauti nyuma . Deci, tiens, ...... As long as you are told to recruit someone then you get off the hook then that's an eyebrow raiser . I don't tthink you need to slap someone to realize , let them realize and slap themselves

I am slapping them because of (asking for) MY tax money!!!
Pesa Nane
#9 Posted : Saturday, May 09, 2015 6:40:34 PM

Tunaomba @Admin atuletee @QW atutatulie haya! Pray Pray
Pesa Nane plans to be shilingi when he grows up.
MaichBlack
#10 Posted : Saturday, May 09, 2015 7:04:30 PM

Link One: The World Ventures Pyramid Scheme

Link Two: Zubaa uchanuliwe!!!
enyands
#11 Posted : Saturday, May 09, 2015 7:51:12 PM

MaichBlack wrote:
enyands wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:
Haki

Kenyans will never learn!!!

I am slapping them because of (asking for) MY tax money!!!

@maichblack I see where you got the slapping business and i quote from the website above "WorldVentures. I almost slapped myself when I realized what I was looking at. How could I not tell I was walking into a recruitment section?"
It's a good informative article
whiteowl
#12 Posted : Monday, May 11, 2015 6:27:46 PM

A friend of mine came asking for my opinion on this thing.She has had 2 people in the last week asking her to join.Are these world venture guys having an aggressive recruitment drive this month or what?
murchr
#13 Posted : Monday, May 11, 2015 6:32:39 PM

Pesa Nane wrote:
Tunaomba @Admin atuletee @QW atutatulie haya! Pray Pray

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Applause Applause Applause Applause
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
MaichBlack
#14 Posted : Monday, May 11, 2015 6:55:50 PM

whiteowl wrote:
A friend of mine came asking for my opinion on this thing.She has had 2 people in the last week asking her to join.Are these world venture guys having an aggressive recruitment drive this month or what?

Con men are very smart.

For this WorldVenture thing, there is a joining/registration or whatever fee of around 38,000/= or something. Then there is a monthly fee of 7,000/= but if you bring in four guys you stop paying the monthly fee (it is "waived"). So you work tirelessly to bring in those 4 guys ASAP!!

I also understand you might not make anything till you bring in tens of people (In the US it is around 30. I don't know how many the "Kenyan Chapter" is doing).

In short you look at your 38k + 7k * number of months disappear or get in as many suckers as you can in in the shortest time possible!!!
whiteowl
#15 Posted : Monday, May 11, 2015 7:29:27 PM

MaichBlack wrote:
whiteowl wrote:

Con men are very smart.

For this WorldVenture thing, there is a joining/registration or whatever fee of around 38,000/= or something. Then there is a monthly fee of 7,000/= but if you bring in four guys you stop paying the monthly fee (it is "waived"). So you work tirelessly to bring in those 4 guys ASAP!!

I also understand you might not make anything till you bring in tens of people (In the US it is around 30. I don't know how many the "Kenyan Chapter" is doing).

In short you look at your 38k + 7k * number of months disappear or get in as many suckers as you can in in the shortest time possible!!!

Then there are lots of guys who have sunk in 100+k and are now desperate to "recoup" their "investment" .
MaichBlack
#16 Posted : Monday, May 11, 2015 8:16:26 PM

whiteowl wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:
whiteowl wrote:

Con men are very smart.

Then there are lots of guys who have sunk in 100+k and are now desperate to "recoup" their "investment" .

And therein lies the problem (and genius of the con operation). These fellows will sucker you even if you are a "friend", colleague or relative! Desperate times!!! And they are also the biggest defenders of the scheme because they wouldn't want the sh! t to hit the fan before they hopefully recoup some of their money - which would mean a hell lot of others losing theirs!!!
Ja-Kom
#17 Posted : Wednesday, June 24, 2015 9:48:32 AM

A friend invited me for tea yesterday only to find myself in the middle of this presentation....These guys are so crafty..the allure of a good life is all you are shown,and NOTHING on the amount you will spend-The Usd 360+Monthly payment..They went as far as chucking the 'cards'..(mastercard) that they 'earn' with.Kenyans will NEVER learn..the problem is the crowd there was mostly made up of what you may call 'learned' fellas-Doctors,Engineers etc.Wont touch with a ten foot pole.Pyramid.
For just as through the disobedience of the one man the many were made sinners, so also through the obedience of the one man the many will be made righteous. Romans 5:19
Othelo
#18 Posted : Wednesday, June 24, 2015 11:27:52 AM

Ja-Kom wrote:
A friend invited me for tea yesterday only to find myself in the middle of this presentation....These guys are so crafty..the allure of a good life is all you are shown,and NOTHING on the amount you will spend-The Usd 360+Monthly payment..They went as far as chucking the 'cards'..(mastercard) that they 'earn' with.Kenyans will NEVER learn..the problem is the crowd there was mostly made up of what you may call 'learned' fellas-Doctors,Engineers etc.Wont touch with a ten foot pole.Pyramid.

At All Saints every Tuesday evening at 5.30pm Laughing out loudly
Formal education will make you a living. Self-education will make you a fortune - Jim Rohn.
Lolest!
#19 Posted : Wednesday, June 24, 2015 12:30:13 PM

Othelo wrote:
Ja-Kom wrote:

Pole JakomLaughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

Was told by a friend that we urgently need to meet to discuss business.

When we met, after the normal how-have-you-been, maisha vipi etc the guy brought out some glossy catalogues from Forever Living...

The next 2 hours were pure torture for me.

The next time somebody asks me to meet them over a business idea I will first want to kn ow if it has anything to do with the many MLMs around.
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
butterflyke
#20 Posted : Wednesday, June 24, 2015 3:02:25 PM

Lolest! wrote:
Othelo wrote:
Ja-Kom wrote:

Pole JakomLaughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

Was told by a friend that we urgently need to meet to discuss business.

When we met, after the normal how-have-you-been, maisha vipi etc the guy brought out some glossy catalogues from Forever Living...

The next 2 hours were pure torture for me.

The next time somebody asks me to meet them over a business idea I will first want to know if it has anything to do with the many MLMs around.

Laughing out loudly the next time you are invited for a cup of tea, if the venue is not a mkahawa, do not accept.

The problem is that once someone joins, there is a lot of pressure on them to recruit others....
Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee. - Muhammad Ali🐝