wazua Thu, May 16, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

5 Pages123>»
SK Driving School
mukiha
#1 Posted : Monday, July 20, 2009 7:27:00 AM

Some rules on driving:

A RED traffic light means STOP
An AMBER (YELLOW) light also means STOP!!!
In Kenya we drive on the left hand land,all the time (even on a dual carriage-way)
There is no such thing as a 'Fast Lane'. It is an overtaking lane!

Please add you comments

Behind the gardens...Behind the wall...Under the tree (Including: Red...Dark Blue...Yellow)
Nothing is real unless it can be named; nothing has value unless it can be sold; money is worthless unless you spend it.
Impunity
#2 Posted : Monday, July 20, 2009 7:40:00 AM

It does not necessarily mean you stop at RED signs,all you need to do is to cross very fast as long as the exit is clear and no gava is watching you.
When there is deadlock traffick jam,just hoot.Hoot kabisa mpaka police comes to remove the jam.
You are allowed to drive on the right as long as there is no vehicle coming on other side.Turn on your headlamp full.
Its a crime to drive on the main road when there is an overlapping space available on either side of the road.This is to protect the road from unneccesary wear.

Which is more dirty,the pig or Kenyan mp?
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

Njunge
#3 Posted : Monday, July 20, 2009 7:49:00 AM

A zebra crossing is not meant for zebras.It's for pedestrians.Stop and let them cross.Do not hoot...!!

Yombo dhier....!!
Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.
mtaalam
#4 Posted : Monday, July 20, 2009 8:05:00 AM

Pedestrians,cyclists,mukokotenis,matatus,taxis and GKs have right of way on the roads at all times.

A cyclist has priority over a motorist on the road. It's the motorist's duty to spot and light up the roads for them.

ili iwe funzo...
The Real Shaft
#5 Posted : Monday, July 20, 2009 8:18:00 AM

the motorist ahead of you.....

is there to impede your progress.....

to reach your destination quicker.....

overtake....

or make his/her life unbearable...

until they let you overtake....

I'm the real Massey F.....shut your mouth
I'm the real Massey Fergu...... Shut your mouth....
Djinn
#6 Posted : Monday, July 20, 2009 8:48:00 AM

Angle parking - women are exempted from parking between the lines.

Flush parking - while awaiting a woman to flush park so you may pass - consider reading,very slowly,Psalm 23,ten times,both to pass the resulting time that will lapse and to calm your nerves....

Only male motorists are allowed to chew gum,change radio stations,look in the rear view mirror,talk on mobile - all at the same time.

The problem with equality is that we desire that it be with those that have more than us rather that those that have less
brav
#7 Posted : Monday, July 20, 2009 8:51:00 AM

1. Its vital to shout cursing words and signalling to the many rogue drivers with a raised middle.

2. We have two warying parties on the roads 1. Matatus 2. Watu wa mapersonoh.

3. Its advantegeous to chase behind the Ambulances which are being given their way. 'it might break down and your car might save a life' or secondly you'll reach at point B,faster even in a heavy traffic

Usichoke kutafuta salary
Jus Blazin
#8 Posted : Monday, July 20, 2009 8:53:00 AM

if you see 'L' on my windscreen and rear window,it doesnt mean 'Learner'. it means 'Leave me alone'. No amount of hooting will change anything.

JB
Luck is when Preparation meets Opportunity. ~ Lucius Annaeus Seneca
brav
#9 Posted : Monday, July 20, 2009 8:55:00 AM

@just blazzing .... or 'Lunatic'

Usichoke kutafuta salary
Djinn
#10 Posted : Monday, July 20, 2009 8:55:00 AM

At the roundabout,the person who hoots first,immediately the light changes to amber, might win a prize.

The problem with equality is that we desire that it be with those that have more than us rather that those that have less
Magigi
#11 Posted : Monday, July 20, 2009 9:20:00 AM

...it is acrime to give way,even to an ambulance....mwambie kama ana haraka aruke....
Pongo
#12 Posted : Monday, July 20, 2009 9:23:00 AM

.....@ smano...si u've won..that analysis.. chekaad like a nonsense..

were u a traffic cop at some point???ama matatu dere...
jitetee
#13 Posted : Monday, July 20, 2009 12:02:00 PM

Another habit peculiar to Kenyan drivers is the flashing lights ovyo ovyo especially when you are attempting to join a highway. Even when the guy is miles away and the car he is driving is not exactly turbo-charged. You may end up waiting for what may feel like days before he actually drives past.

Time and chance happen to all.
mtaalam
#14 Posted : Monday, July 20, 2009 12:23:00 PM

If you want to get back on the road or you want to enter a lane or junction,all you have to do is stretch out your hand through your window and shake without looking behind just in case the other driver is unwilling to give you way.

If you slow down to turn especially to your right even with your indicator on,take a moment and look behind there could be an idiot overtaking and wondering why you can't turn at 120kph.

ili iwe funzo...
brav
#15 Posted : Monday, July 20, 2009 12:37:00 PM

BELOW ARE POSTS FROM OUR KENYAN DRIVERS. READ AND TAKE NOTES

**************************************************************************************

Usichoke kutafuta salary
smano
#16 Posted : Monday, July 20, 2009 12:43:00 PM

@Pongo,never have been either,just a Kenyan driver guilty on all counts by association with other Kenyan drivers. I think we need a post on how to manage road rage because I believe most of us suffer from it,only the degree varies. Honestly speaking at night I get very annoyed and want to chase someone down and give them a taste of their own medicine,whether it's blinding lights or cutting me off. Ever have the same experience? I truly believe I would have shot someone by now if I had a gun while driving and when I read the storo about the former assistant minister's son who was jailed for manslaughter for killing an innocent guy in a mis - drive by,I shuddered to think that could have been me. Seriuosly guys,how does one reduce that road rage?

smano
BEER IS LIVING PROOF THAT GOD LOVES US AND WANTS US TO BE HAPPY!
Sober
#17 Posted : Monday, July 20, 2009 12:52:00 PM

When you see some mercedes benz with more than one guy holding walkie talkies with heads outside,park on the road side because an 'important' kenyan is passing.

A likely impossibility is always preferable to an unconvincing posibility.
African parents don't know how to say sorry.. the closest you will get to a sorry is a 'have you eaten'
wanyo
#18 Posted : Monday, July 20, 2009 1:39:00 PM

Because matatus have different rules, all the other traffic rules apply except:-

If a matatu tries to overtake you accerelate coz if you let them they are going to stop in front of you after overtaking.
If matatu displays hazard it means they are picking wathii ovyo ovyo and you can overtake at your pleasure.
If a matatu is behind/front of you and a cop waves stop it means he/she stopping the matatu not you.
If a matatu begs for way dont yield but give way for others.

............Always remember,be rough to matatus and kind to others.
i too
pinkpanther
#19 Posted : Monday, July 20, 2009 2:16:00 PM

You have never seen it till you wake up one day and you are driving at 5a.m along langata road near Carnivore.You are doing 40 kph along langata road.A drunk teenie who stole his fathers car the previous nite emerges from Carnie' after a nite of clubbing.He is cruising in your direction at 150 kph,he is bare-chested and a group of equally drunk chicklets are cheering him on.The guy accelerates towards you,his lights are full.You realise he is a dimwit and you swerve off the road to escape the obvious head on collision.The group zooms past you as they scream obscenities,ati 'M****ther**** go back to ua lane. Jinga wewe'You are like 'what?these guyz think that am the one driving on the wrong lane!Jesus

pink
across
#20 Posted : Monday, July 20, 2009 3:18:00 PM

@ wanyo..'be rough to matatus'??no way,take it from me better give them way...u will be the loser at the end.