wazua Fri, May 3, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages12>
Best SME bank
BambooProductsKe
#1 Posted : Monday, May 13, 2013 10:21:50 AM

Hi Entrepreneurs!

We are looking for an Excellent bank for SME with minimum account balance and extremely fast account opening time.

Which bank would you recommend?
lindachepp
#2 Posted : Monday, May 13, 2013 1:15:00 PM

Hi, if you wouldn't mind, kindly provide me with your email address or phone number we can keep in touch
mawinder
#3 Posted : Monday, May 13, 2013 1:46:28 PM

lindachepp wrote:
Hi, if you wouldn't mind, kindly provide me with your email address or phone number we can keep in touch

Multiple threads!!!!Keep off wazua!!!!
washiku
#4 Posted : Monday, May 13, 2013 3:46:25 PM

BambooProductsKe wrote:
Hi Entrepreneurs!

We are looking for an Excellent bank for SME with minimum account balance and extremely fast account opening time.

Chase Bank, Consolidated Bank. I can give you a contact in Chase who can ensure u r sorted faster faster
BambooProductsKe
#5 Posted : Monday, May 13, 2013 4:23:02 PM

washiku wrote:
BambooProductsKe wrote:
Hi Entrepreneurs!

Chase Bank, Consolidated Bank. I can give you a contact in Chase who can ensure u r sorted faster faster

HI!

Kindly provide me with the contact person's number/name or email me at hautelifestyle.KE@gmail.com
washiku
#6 Posted : Wednesday, May 15, 2013 10:59:57 AM

BambooProductsKe wrote:
washiku wrote:
BambooProductsKe wrote:
Hi Entrepreneurs!

HI!

Kindly provide me with the contact person's number/name or email me at hautelifestyle.KE@gmail.com

I have asked him to contact you. If they dont let me know so that I can whip them up to action.
maka
#7 Posted : Wednesday, May 15, 2013 12:49:07 PM

washiku chase bank...really?
possunt quia posse videntur
mawinder
#8 Posted : Wednesday, May 15, 2013 2:12:39 PM

maka wrote:

For SME's the banks to use are Family Bank,Consolidated Bank,Chase Bank,DTB,Equity,KCB but it is prudent to have more than one account as a bank may not be all round good eg Family bank does not have internet banking but is good in its loans and bidbonds.I have 27 accounts and these enable me receive payments immediately if the cheque is from the same bank,instead of waiting for 4 working days but the main accounts are 3.It also depends on your race eg if you are Mhindi the above may not apply to you.
You should also note that Nakumatt is an SME.
kryptonite
#9 Posted : Wednesday, May 15, 2013 3:25:03 PM

I'd recommend Chase Bank. I've also heard good things about Bank of Africa.
The harder you work, the luckier you get
dunkang
#10 Posted : Wednesday, May 15, 2013 4:58:54 PM

mawinder wrote:
maka wrote:

For SME's the banks to use are Family Bank,Consolidated Bank,Chase Bank,DTB,Equity,KCB but it is prudent to have more than one account as a bank may not be all round good eg Family bank does not have internet banking but is good in its loans and bidbonds.I have 27 accounts and these enable me receive payments immediately if the cheque is from the same bank,instead of waiting for 4 working days but the main accounts are 3.It also depends on your race eg if you are Mhindi the above may not apply to you.

@Mawinder, 27 a/c? Are you CBK?
Receive with simplicity everything that happens to you.” ― Rashi

mawinder
#11 Posted : Wednesday, May 15, 2013 5:10:08 PM

dunkang wrote:
mawinder wrote:
maka wrote:

This ensures I don't wait for 4 working days for the cheques to clear.
mmarto
#12 Posted : Wednesday, May 15, 2013 6:49:51 PM

mawinder wrote:
dunkang wrote:
mawinder wrote:
maka wrote:

This ensures I don't wait for 4 working days for the cheques to clear.

From June 16th 2013 cheques will clear after 1 daysmile
The only time you should be looking down on others is when you are helping them up.
washiku
#13 Posted : Thursday, May 16, 2013 4:07:29 PM

washiku wrote:
BambooProductsKe wrote:
washiku wrote:
BambooProductsKe wrote:
Hi Entrepreneurs!

HI!

I have asked him to contact you. If they dont let me know so that I can whip them up to action.

Bamboo, he says u write to him on: wwaiganjo@chasebank.co.ke
SonOfGod
#14 Posted : Thursday, May 16, 2013 4:24:59 PM

"Excellent" and "bank" in the same sentence? Not in Kenya.

Same monkeys, different forests!!
BambooProductsKe
#15 Posted : Sunday, May 19, 2013 11:36:59 AM

THANKS. I did. Signing up for DTB as we speak. Will open another with chase!

Many thanks.

washiku wrote:
washiku wrote:
BambooProductsKe wrote:
washiku wrote:
BambooProductsKe wrote:
Hi Entrepreneurs!

HI!

Banker
#16 Posted : Sunday, May 19, 2013 11:20:42 PM

@Bamboo, you have posed a very intriguing question whose answer would be all banks. When we talk of an SME account, what comes to mind is a business current account which across all banks would have no minimum balance requirement. The trick would be in the monthly ledger fees and maintenance fee. And how easy would it be to get an overdraft. If you drew a cheque of Kes.900K while your account balance is 895K, would your bank clear it for you or return it to the drawer with those two words that are every entrepreneur's nightmare; "Insufficient funds". Would your bank take note if your monthly turnovers started growing from say Kes.500,000 p.m to Kes.2M p.m ? And would your bank be willing to stand with you before you get your footing or would they rather watch from a distance until your risk profile drops to an acceptable level ?
mkeiyd
#17 Posted : Tuesday, May 21, 2013 12:58:07 PM

mawinder wrote:
maka wrote:

That is comforting for me,no more worries.
chiaroscuro
#18 Posted : Wednesday, May 22, 2013 2:42:28 PM

What's the definition of SME in Kenya?

In terms of turnover.

In terms of employees.
mawinder
#19 Posted : Wednesday, May 22, 2013 3:27:29 PM

chiaroscuro wrote:
What's the definition of SME in Kenya?

In terms of turnover.

In terms of employees.

Definition of an SME in Kenya

An SME is defined as an entity that,

a) Does not have public accountability
b) Publishes general purpose financial statements for external users eg owners not involved in day to day management; Kenya Revenue Authority; existing and potential creditors; credit rating agencies.
c) Whose debt and equity instruments are NOT traded in the public market (A domestic or foreign stock exchange or over the counter market)

AND

d) Does NOT hold funds in a fiduciary capacity for a broad group of outsiders as one of its primary businesses such as banks, credit unions, insurance companies, securities brokers/dealers, mutual funds and investment banks

SMEs will have the option to use IFRSs for SMEs or the full IFRSs

Non SMEs are Publicly Accountable entities that,

a) Have their debt and equity instruments traded in the public market (A domestic or foreign stock exchange or over the counter market)

AND/OR

b) Hold funds in a fiduciary capacity for a broad group of outsiders as one of its primary businesses such as banks, credit unions/Saccos, insurance companies, securities brokers/dealers, mutual funds and investment banks
washiku
#20 Posted : Thursday, May 23, 2013 5:04:40 PM

All the best!

BambooProductsKe wrote:
THANKS. I did. Signing up for DTB as we speak. Will open another with chase!

Many thanks.

washiku wrote:
washiku wrote:
BambooProductsKe wrote:
washiku wrote:
BambooProductsKe wrote:
Hi Entrepreneurs!

HI!