wazua Thu, May 2, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

46 Pages«<43444546>
Do Wazuans Exercise?
Swenani
#881 Posted : Sunday, November 18, 2018 9:39:59 PM

washiku wrote:
The year is over. How was your year in exercise regime? How will next year be different? Wins? Misses? Learning?

Mimi niliregarega last half of 2017& first half of 2018.But I'm on track though I changed my strategy from exercise for muscles and 6 pack to exercise for fitness.
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
washiku
#882 Posted : Sunday, November 18, 2018 10:10:14 PM

Swenani wrote:
washiku wrote:
The year is over. How was your year in exercise regime? How will next year be different? Wins? Misses? Learning?

Mimi niliregarega last half of 2017& first half of 2018.But I'm on track though I changed my strategy from exercise for muscles and 6 pack to exercise for fitness.

Applause Applause
Bigchick
#883 Posted : Sunday, November 18, 2018 10:50:47 PM

washiku wrote:

Hi Washiku.

I am struggling with tonning my musles.I succeeded in moving from bigC to mediumC.Am ok with medium.

Now shida ni firming the muscles.....any advice?
Love is beautiful and so are those who share it.With Love, Marriage is an amazing event in ones life time, the foundation of joy, happiness and success.
madhaquer
#884 Posted : Friday, November 23, 2018 9:48:22 PM

About 5 months back I settled for a 5 minute workout every morning and a 3km run every weekend. My cardio improved to the extent that I can now ran/jog 3-4km non stop. Didn't notice much effect on my pot.

2 weeks ago downloaded an full body workout app just body weight training. Figured if I cant do 10 pull ups I have no place in the gym yet... I hope I can keep it up for a year.

I'm thinking of getting some dumbbells, any recommendations ?
Swenani
#885 Posted : Saturday, November 24, 2018 10:48:53 AM

Bigchick wrote:
washiku wrote:

Hi Washiku.

I am struggling with tonning my musles.I succeeded in moving from bigC to mediumC.Am ok with medium.

Inua chuma. Na sio chuma ya msisimko
jokes
#886 Posted : Sunday, February 17, 2019 9:45:09 PM

washiku wrote:
[quote=jokes]Thanks all for the advice' though i have decided to go on a different tangent here.
Every day 250 sit ups. Lets see how it goes.

How is the going @Jokes...It has been 5 months now.

Pole i have been away for awhile. Kina tycho were right. I have the cubes. I can feel them beneath my katumbo.Its just there, it wont go away. I have accepted its a permanent feature of physique; but physically i am fit, can run 5 kms easily, lift weights etc, though i still weigh 82kgs. Exercise i have come to appreciate is a lifestyle.
jokes
#887 Posted : Sunday, February 17, 2019 9:49:09 PM

quicksand wrote:
[quote=jokes]Thanks all for the advice' though i have decided to go on a different tangent here.
Every day 250 sit ups. Lets see how it goes.

You risk injuring your back.
You need a better, more rounded regimen, otherwise you will end up with stiffened abs hiding under a layer of lard.

You are right. The back is okay but the abs are hiding behind a layer of fat.
Bigchick
#888 Posted : Sunday, February 17, 2019 10:03:59 PM

Swenani wrote:
Bigchick wrote:
washiku wrote:

Hi Washiku.

Chuma nimeinua.......(both of them) but little change.

Look like ni zile za wakikuyu especially those loaded ones who supply maize to NCPB.

Will give it afew more months.
Love is beautiful and so are those who share it.With Love, Marriage is an amazing event in ones life time, the foundation of joy, happiness and success.
tycho
#889 Posted : Sunday, February 17, 2019 10:37:19 PM

Bigchick wrote:
Swenani wrote:
Bigchick wrote:
washiku wrote:

Hi Washiku.

Look like ni zile za wakikuyu especially those loaded ones who supply maize to NCPB.

I wonder if you have an instructor who's been working with you.

Anyway, the best regime for what you want maybe a calisthenic program. I can't say about intensity at the moment, but it should do.
Bigchick
#890 Posted : Monday, February 18, 2019 9:24:11 AM

tycho wrote:
Bigchick wrote:
Swenani wrote:
Bigchick wrote:
washiku wrote:

Hi Washiku.

Anyway, the best regime for what you want maybe a calisthenic program. I can't say about intensity at the moment, but it should do.

Ai!@Tycho.....be kind to me.Its a Monday morning.

So what does Calisthenic programme mean.And don't tell to Google.
Swenani
#891 Posted : Monday, February 18, 2019 1:33:05 PM

Bigchick wrote:
tycho wrote:
Bigchick wrote:
Swenani wrote:
Bigchick wrote:
washiku wrote:

Hi Washiku.

Ai!@Tycho.....be kind to me.Its a Monday morning.

So what does Calisthenic programme mean.And don't tell to Google.

Simply exercise using your body as weight with no/minimal equipment
essyk
#892 Posted : Monday, February 18, 2019 10:21:25 PM

Yes we do in one way or another.
I am allergic to all exercises except swimming,which I do routinely once or twice a week.
That is all.
"The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good.
tycho
#893 Posted : Wednesday, February 20, 2019 6:47:25 AM

@Bigchick, toning your muscles means using the intended muscle areas extensively whether you're in the gym or not. If you depend on weights then you may not only limit the amount of time spent working out, but also the range of weights you can use is limited.

Besides, doing many repetitions with a small weight may end up being boring.

So what's left? I guess learning to be innovative with how you use your body in the normal day to day activities is the best thing. It's much like remembering how to play and using play to promote fitness.

Dance to your favorite songs for ten minutes, do wall pushups while waiting for your sufuria to fill with water...

Maybe your most flabby muscles are in the triceps and belly. So before standing up from your seat you do an exercise called 'dips' for the arms. And leg lifts while you're in bed. Just haba haba...

Sometimes you just take off with husbands phone if applicable. Wacha akukimbize up the stairs. Akikupata try some wrestling na umwambie hakuna striking. But unaeza mkalia if necessary. Mtu akitap game imeisha.

Hizi ni examples za calisthenics.

Yeah, and join essyk for some swimming now and then.
Swenani
#894 Posted : Wednesday, February 20, 2019 9:49:33 AM

tycho wrote:
@Bigchick, toning your muscles means using the intended muscle areas extensively whether you're in the gym or not. If you depend on weights then you may not only limit the amount of time spent working out, but also the range of weights you can use is limited.

Besides, doing many repetitions with a small weight may end up being boring.

So what's left? I guess learning to be innovative with how you use your body in the normal day to day activities is the best thing. It's much like remembering how to play and using play to promote fitness.

Dance to your favorite songs for ten minutes, do wall pushups while waiting for your sufuria to fill with water...

Maybe your most flabby muscles are in the triceps and belly. So before standing up from your seat you do an exercise called 'dips' for the arms. And leg lifts while you're in bed. Just haba haba...

Sometimes you just take off with husbands phone if applicable. Wacha akukimbize up the stairs. Akikupata try some wrestling na umwambie hakuna striking. But unaeza mkalia if necessary. Mtu akitap game imeisha.

Hizi ni examples za calisthenics.

Yeah, and join essyk for some swimming now and then.

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Swenani
#895 Posted : Wednesday, February 20, 2019 9:51:09 AM

Why do I get a hard on when I squat with weights?
essyk
#896 Posted : Friday, March 08, 2019 10:32:21 PM

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly smh.

Anyway I am looking for a pool larger in size than methodist.Please let me know na sio inside town.
Must be within NBO.

"The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good.
tycho
#897 Posted : Friday, March 08, 2019 11:45:32 PM

Swenani wrote:

There are many reasons. But I guess the most 'scientific' one is that when doing heavy weights your spotter holds you by the breastssmile
Swenani
#898 Posted : Saturday, March 09, 2019 11:19:23 AM

tycho wrote:
Swenani wrote:

There are many reasons. But I guess the most 'scientific' one is that when doing heavy weights your spotter holds you by the breastssmile

Nyasaye!
Thitifini
#899 Posted : Saturday, March 09, 2019 11:39:51 AM

essyk wrote:
Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly smh.

Anyway I am looking for a pool larger in size than methodist.Please let me know na sio inside town.
Must be within NBO.

JKUAT or Kasaranismile smile

60% Learning, 30% synthesizing, 10% Debating
essyk
#900 Posted : Saturday, March 09, 2019 12:23:43 PM

Thitifini wrote:
essyk wrote:

Must be within NBO.

JKUAT or Kasaranismile smile

waa! that's far thanks though.