wazua Fri, May 3, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

5 Pages«<2345>
Pajero or Prado????
Impunity
#61 Posted : Monday, May 06, 2013 6:13:24 PM

Kirika wrote:

Tell your boy to get a VX diesel, it beats anything hands down. I have driven one previously for 3 months and it always amazed me how the beast could pull away.
The handling, speed, power and comfort are way up there.

Drool Drool Drool
The only toyee I can own.
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

mawinder
#62 Posted : Monday, May 06, 2013 6:35:37 PM

Impunity wrote:
Kirika wrote:

Tell your boy to get a VX diesel, it beats anything hands down. I have driven one previously for 3 months and it always amazed me how the beast could pull away.

Drool Drool Drool

Why don't you buy mine?
mpobiz
#63 Posted : Tuesday, May 07, 2013 1:28:27 AM

mawinder wrote:
Impunity wrote:
Kirika wrote:

Drool Drool Drool

Why don't you buy mine?

It seems you are too desparate to dispose off your vx. You have been writting about it like 10 times on this thread. Why? Is the car bure kabisa and you want to upgrade to a pajero 3.2 DID? Tell us.
@kiroka your findings are baseless. Untill you test the both cars on either of this roads emali - loitokitok road or kajiado - namanga road like we have done. you have no business making such allegations
Our 2003 pajero outperformed the 2005 vx . the only toyota that beat the pajero was the petrol engined lexus sygnus (but the fuel bill is like firing the space shuttle).
Someone has said that "by a pajero buy also your own garage" this is very true. Only a few garages in town can hundle major issues of a pajero. Rest assured the pajero is not the prado. The pajero can last more than 300,000km without smoking or even changing its original sound. Can anyone here tell me if a prado can match that. About the suspension system all you need is regular checkup and you will notice the system including the bushes can even survive 2 years of bad roads and bad driving. Its also easy to repair any mechanic can do it. The pajero is roomy, more comfy and also better looking.
Why spend 1m extra for a prado or 3m extra for the vx? hio ni kuchiizi ules you own a chemist in town
Politics is just things to keep the people divided and foolish and put your trust in men and none of them can do nothing for you...
guru me
#64 Posted : Tuesday, May 07, 2013 1:33:32 AM

Sigigiri- I like your selections. Only issue is perhaps maintenance cost owing to the rarity of the models. The link below supports your selection.
http://usnews.rankingsan...ings/Luxury-Large-SUVs/

My fantasy selection though would be the American 500hp Ford F150 Raptor which although is not as expensive as the Ranges is sadly not available in RHD.

Link below
http://usnews.rankingsan...ings/Luxury-Large-SUVs/

http://wn.com/Top_Gear__..._Raptor_%5BHennessey%5D

Not sure Im being helpful at all but had to share the object of my desires :)
Sigiriri
#65 Posted : Wednesday, May 08, 2013 8:11:49 AM

@Guru me, the Ford is a super-truck. But the obsession of Americans with these extra-extra-large petrol engines is very discouraging. It means the Ford is literally not affordable here for fuel only reasons - and of course no one else wants that guzzler, hence no market for a RHD version. But it's a fantastic truck if you own an oil well - or the refinery while at it.

On the maintenance costs of the Merc, the Mercedes diesel engines are virtually indestructible. The car will consume service parts only for the first close to 5 years. 5 more years on scheduled replacement of just a few parts and maybe a rebuild at the 10th+ yr.

There are only 2 toyos I'd buy - The LC VX(not the LX monster - and I'd only buy this if I cannot find a Nissan patrol in the Market)and the Mark X. Any other toyo has a competing european automobile that beats it hands down and that is just my belief so before pple crucify me, please note, it's my belief and is not being imposed on anyone.
Impunity
#66 Posted : Wednesday, May 08, 2013 1:25:58 PM

mawinder wrote:
Impunity wrote:
Kirika wrote:

Drool Drool Drool

Why don't you buy mine?

You scared me stiff with the paperwork part.
Sad

mawinder
#67 Posted : Wednesday, May 08, 2013 1:40:36 PM

Impunity wrote:
mawinder wrote:
Impunity wrote:
Kirika wrote:

Drool Drool Drool

Why don't you buy mine?

Sad

Why should you be scared?I managed to get all the papers and you can authenticate them at KRA and have your dream car.
Impunity
#68 Posted : Wednesday, May 08, 2013 5:15:55 PM

mawinder wrote:
Impunity wrote:
mawinder wrote:
Impunity wrote:
Kirika wrote:

Drool Drool Drool

Why don't you buy mine?

Sad

Why should you be scared?I managed to get all the papers and you can authenticate them at KRA and have your dream car.

I also fear you may your person seating behind the counter at KRA.

Kirika
#69 Posted : Thursday, May 09, 2013 10:41:22 AM

Impunity wrote:
mawinder wrote:
Impunity wrote:
mawinder wrote:
Impunity wrote:
Kirika wrote:

Drool Drool Drool

Why don't you buy mine?

Sad

I also fear you may your person seating behind the counter at KRA.

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

Ati mawinder behind the counter at KRA Laughing out loudly
mawinder
#70 Posted : Friday, May 10, 2013 8:17:24 AM

mawinder wrote:
Impunity wrote:
Kirika wrote:

Drool Drool Drool

Why don't you buy mine?

Finally it is sold!!!!!!!
McReggae
#71 Posted : Friday, May 10, 2013 9:07:00 AM

mawinder wrote:
mawinder wrote:
Impunity wrote:
Kirika wrote:

Drool Drool Drool

Why don't you buy mine?

Chida transferd to the new guy!!!
..."Wewe ni mtu mdogo sana....na mwenye amekuandika pia ni mtu mdogo sana!".
mawinder
#72 Posted : Friday, May 10, 2013 9:16:50 AM

McReggae wrote:
mawinder wrote:
mawinder wrote:
Impunity wrote:
Kirika wrote:

Drool Drool Drool

Why don't you buy mine?

Chida transferd to the new guy!!!

Haters nao!!!!
jaykay
#73 Posted : Sunday, May 12, 2013 9:18:59 AM

@wanyee:GDI pajeros like high quality fuel!which we rarely have.the best Pajero engine is the 3000cc non GDI one..if the Uk one was diesel or GDI then you would get problems.The diesel discovery 3 like all turbo diesels will need a new turbocharger after 100k Kms new turbos are north of ksh 200k, then the air suspension at least ksh 500k if you know people.

Pajero v46 series basic show room spec and the 3.0 petrol don't have those issues.
mpobiz
#74 Posted : Tuesday, May 14, 2013 1:26:38 AM

jaykay wrote:
@wanyee:GDI pajeros like high quality fuel!which we rarely have.the best Pajero engine is the 3000cc non GDI one..if the Uk one was diesel or GDI then you would get problems.The diesel discovery 3 like all turbo diesels will need a new turbocharger after 100k Kms new turbos are north of ksh 200k, then the air suspension at least ksh 500k if you know people.

Pajero v46 series basic show room spec and the 3.0 petrol don't have those issues.

Why are you lying to us? 100k kms for a turbo replacement? 200k the cost for the replacement? Shame on you Shame on you
Politics is just things to keep the people divided and foolish and put your trust in men and none of them can do nothing for you...
jaykay
#75 Posted : Wednesday, May 15, 2013 5:58:33 PM

@mpobiz:turbos have been known to fail at less than 100k, that's why we have turbo timers to allow the turbo parts to be lubricated once you shut down the engine.
Please Google how much the Tdv6 turbos cost.Better yet, ask Toyota EA, Cmc or Simba colt how much a new turbo costs for their new Diesel engines.

I wish you knew how to Google better than you can paste emoticons.
jaykay
#76 Posted : Wednesday, May 15, 2013 6:19:37 PM

My engine preference for longevity from favourite to least favourite is:
1. Non turbo/supercharger conventional petrol engines
2.GDI,FSI.CGI or D4D petrol engines I.e direct injection naturally aspirated
3.Turbocharged/supercharged petrol engines
4.Turbodiesel engines.
I left out non turbo Diesel engines because I think they are extinct, hard to get a new car with those engines.
mpobiz
#77 Posted : Thursday, May 16, 2013 1:19:57 AM

jaykay wrote:
@mpobiz:turbos have been known to fail at less than 100k, that's why we have turbo timers to allow the turbo parts to be lubricated once you shut down the engine.
Please Google how much the Tdv6 turbos cost.Better yet, ask Toyota EA, Cmc or Simba colt how much a new turbo costs for their new Diesel engines.

I wish you knew how to Google better than you can paste emoticons.

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
This is even more hilarious. Good to know you are basing your argument on google am basing mine on more than 10years experience on working with all kinds of diesel engine vehicles. I have never bought a brand new car which means i have more than enough experience with engines or vehicles whose adometer reading is more than your 100k km
Any part of a car can fail anytime so a rare turbo failure doesnt mean all turbos are bad.
On turbo timers thats also an annecessary gadget on your vehicle unless your driving habits include driving your car at 100km/h engaging emergency brakes and switching off your car immediately as routine parking. After a long journey the few minutes you take to get to a parkin lot on lower engine revs are enough to do all the lubrication a turbo needs.
the cost of turbos - the creator of this thread and most contributors including you are refering to second hand cars ex japan or ex UK so i dont see the point of fitting a new turbo for an old car. For 300k thats a used engine with guaranteed 60k milleage
Mjasirii
#78 Posted : Thursday, May 16, 2013 11:47:54 AM

@Impunity
2002 mitsubishi Pajero Exceed up for sale
Imported from Japan in 2009
Specifications:4WD,7seater,automatic transmission,powersteering,powerwindows,reverse camera,A/C,ABS,dual airbag,alloywheel,tiptronic,GDI,newradio/CD/USB,ccrating:3490,millage:136,300km(45,500km in Kenya).
Price:US$16,000(duty free)
mawinder
#79 Posted : Thursday, May 16, 2013 11:51:18 AM

Mjasirii wrote:
@Impunity
Specifications:4WD,7seater,automatic transmission,powersteering,powerwindows,reverse camera,A/C,ABS,dual airbag,alloywheel,tiptronic,GDI,newradio/CD/USB,ccrating:3490,millage:136,300km(45,500km in Kenya).

I could assist you not to pay duty and ensuring the transfer is done and you get the logbook.
Mjasirii
#80 Posted : Thursday, May 16, 2013 12:02:20 PM

mawinder wrote:
Mjasirii wrote:
@Impunity

I could assist you not to pay duty and ensuring the transfer is done and you get the logbook.

@Impunity Chukua mali @mawinder will assist with the duty Pray Pray Pray Pray