Pajero or Prado????
Impunity
#41 Posted : Thursday, May 02, 2013 6:23:04 PM

jaggernaut wrote:
mawinder wrote:
jaggernaut wrote:
mawinder wrote:
banyamulenge wrote:
Mboss. Land Cruiser V8 ndiyo babu yao. And there is onboard 'Rita' to help you tame the beast. Only those who know it will give you knowing glances.

Used to think the same before I rode in its bigger brother Lexus LX570 which is now king.Only drawback is its price.I saw one at Valley Road Motors and the price was 15.5m and it is ex Japan.

An 8 year old car used car going for 15.5m? Kwani how much does it cost when new?

It was a 2012 model.

I would rather buy a brand new Range Rover Vogue HSE V8 4600cc from CMC at 14m.

@Jaggernaut, nditto!!!
Applause
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

vky
#42 Posted : Thursday, May 02, 2013 8:16:11 PM

Sigiriri wrote:
Hi guys, good discussion and I note there are some contrarians in the hse. Toyos are way to dominant and no one has so far mentioned the one tried, tested and proven car that is the only option I'll go for when the time comes - NISSAN Patrol. I know, I know - this is toyota country, but check it out first. If you can talk to someone who owns one and you will not be gongwad anymore.

Beyond the Patrol, in my list comes three vehicles by the super-best car maker in the world - Mercedes. The 'smaller of the three is all new Mercedes GLK series (there is a 250 and a 350). Next is the Mercedes GL350 Bluetec and my ultimate number one Mercedes G350 (G Wagon) - the factory in Austria re-opened and now makes mainly on order so this is guaranteed to leave a hole in the pocket of even a pharmacist, but a used one will last forever and can beat the LX570 in fuel economy, class, durability and maybe even performance!

Someone please beat that selection.

exactamundo!i agree
'One headache for famous medieval holy people was that someone might murder you to acquire your body parts for the relics trade'
kizee1
#43 Posted : Thursday, May 02, 2013 8:32:48 PM

mawinder wrote:
kizee1 wrote:
mawinder wrote:
kizee1 wrote:
disco 4 HSE

The car is very luxurious inside but it has issues with the air suspension especially the ex UK ones and replacing the suspension system costs 1.8m at CMC and at Schumacher Karen it is 1.4m.
@Impunity,the documents for the VX have been found and you can go authenticate at KRA with a certain officer if you wish.The car is KBU Z,with numbers to the nearest 100 preceding Z.

really? i have one(HSE) and know like 5 guys who have one and have never had said issues, those quotes sound outrageous but im not surprised, you can get your own pneuma shocks from the Uk and get them fixed at the likes of kenhar

Look at JM Baraza's motoring column todayand see for yourself the cost of the suspension.It is enough to buy a Mercedes C180.ABK.

i guess real life experience always pales to online experiences
wanyee
#44 Posted : Thursday, May 02, 2013 10:41:57 PM

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Applause Applause

Lotsa car mythology here in Kenya..real life experiences pales in comparison to legends and folklore
mmarto
#45 Posted : Friday, May 03, 2013 10:27:04 AM

a new 2013 model costs $81,530 i.e 7M out there. Crazy that it costs twice locally, and a used one for that matter.
The only time you should be looking down on others is when you are helping them up.
Mainat
#46 Posted : Friday, May 03, 2013 11:27:42 AM

What about Shogun?
Sehemu ndio nyumba
Impunity
#47 Posted : Friday, May 03, 2013 1:28:22 PM

mmarto wrote:
a new 2013 model costs $81,530 i.e 7M out there. Crazy that it costs twice locally, and a used one for that matter.

TAX TAX TAX,,,,

Obi 1 Kanobi
#48 Posted : Friday, May 03, 2013 2:10:02 PM

Mainat wrote:
What about Shogun?

Shogun = Pajero

The G-Wagon is the real deal but is not meant for comfort like the typical SUV class.

But I also love the G-Wagon and once I get enough cash to have my own 1,500 acre bachelor pad, I will buy to use when I am going to feed my pet lions meat.
"The purpose of bureaucracy is to compensate for incompetence and lack of discipline." James Collins
Vj
#49 Posted : Friday, May 03, 2013 10:55:58 PM

These two cars have been discussed here on wazua before: http://wazua.co.ke/forum.aspx?g=posts&t=10696

Having owned both cars i'd take a pajero any day over the prado. I use a 2007 pajero as an everday car and it has never disappointed, can't say the prado is a bad car but it can't match the pajero in most criteria and i don't ever regret selling the prado.

Personally I'd tell you to keep off landrover/rangerover. I own a 2009 rangerover v8 and I'm stuck with one lemon of a car plus those crappy bastards at cmc don't make it any easier. The car developed transmission problems after a meager 30k kilometers, and its just been downhill from there...new gearbox, new ECU, new power distribution module and check engine lights at nearly every service interval. Don't know what demon possessed me to buy the car or maybe I was just unlucky, but I'm not touching another JLR car with a 20 foot pole.

Stick to Japanese or Mercedes, that's my advice.
Before you can be be old and wise, you must first be young and stupid.
washiku
#50 Posted : Saturday, May 04, 2013 12:41:03 AM

Vj wrote:
These two cars have been discussed here on wazua before: http://wazua.co.ke/forum.aspx?g=posts&t=10696

Having owned both cars i'd take a pajero any day over the prado. I use a 2007 pajero as an everday car and it has never disappointed, can't say the prado is a bad car but it can't match the pajero in most criteria and i don't ever regret selling the prado.

Personally I'd tell you to keep off landrover/rangerover. I own a 2009 rangerover v8 and I'm stuck with one lemon of a car plus those crappy bastards at cmc don't make it any easier. The car developed transmission problems after a meager 30k kilometers, and its just been downhill from there...new gearbox, new ECU, new power distribution module and check engine lights at nearly every service interval. Don't know what demon possessed me to buy the car or maybe I was just unlucky, but I'm not touching another JLR car with a 20 foot pole.

Na si magari unayo?!
mpobiz
#51 Posted : Saturday, May 04, 2013 3:22:01 AM

jaykay wrote:
For status a land cruiser VX or Rangerover Vogue says it all.The Prado is better off road than the pajero.On Tarmac pajero is king- btw prado has a lot of body roll and is more unstable @ higher speeds, that's why many roll.
Engines the petrol ones are the best for our mkt.take the pajero 3.0 and prado 2.7 ones.pajero has more power and slightly higher consumption.Avoid the 3.8 GDI pajero engine can be problematic if you put in low quality fuel.

Costs- prado s are at least 800k to 1 mili more than the pajero.
Take the pajero unless you hog charge every weekend.Prados are for wannabes who want to show that wame arrive.

Kenyans folow eachother like ducks into a hole in the name of resale value.
Speed, power,stability and comfort = pajero
Owning a prado is almost suicidal.. Apart from the horrendous bodyroll thers that small ball joint on the upper arm on the front which fails and dislocates anytime .at higher speeds an instant somersault is innevitable
On tarmak pajero DID(Diesel) is king. Its much faster than any toyota diesel model even the vx . Offroad pajeros tiptronic geabox helps a lot especially in mudfy situations. Need i say more?. GO FOR THE PAJERO
Politics is just things to keep the people divided and foolish and put your trust in men and none of them can do nothing for you...
mawinder
#52 Posted : Saturday, May 04, 2013 7:25:08 AM

washiku wrote:
Vj wrote:

Na si magari unayo?!

You should know people.
Sufficiently Philanga....thropic
#53 Posted : Saturday, May 04, 2013 11:23:29 AM

Vj wrote:

Couldnt agree more. Land/Range rovers are a real drain on the pocket not unless u have the good old manual Disco 1994 200TDi enginesmile The other later models are all crappy. Always with issues. @kizee,what's the monthly maintenance bill on your disco?
@SufficientlyP
wanyee
#54 Posted : Saturday, May 04, 2013 12:42:34 PM

Having owned 2 Pajeros one ex Japan exceed and the other ex UK shogun i would not vouch for those contraptions...kwanza with those sensors EGR and suspension issues + fake Kenyan mechanics ..own one if you own a garage ..Discovery 3 anytime any-day anywhere and oh by the way that tractor engine noise inside the Pajero..makes one feel like they be on a farm tractor ploughing
Impunity
#55 Posted : Saturday, May 04, 2013 2:42:30 PM

wanyee wrote:
Having owned 2 Pajeros one ex Japan exceed and the other ex UK shogun i would not vouch for those contraptions...kwanza with those sensors EGR and suspension issues + fake Kenyan mechanics ..own one if you own a garage ..Discovery 3 anytime any-day anywhere and oh by the way that tractor engine noise inside the Pajero..makes one feel like they be on a farm tractor ploughing

So which direction?
Mara Disco-3, mara Pajero is king, mara Prado will roll so what?

mawinder
#56 Posted : Saturday, May 04, 2013 3:07:26 PM

Impunity wrote:
wanyee wrote:

So which direction?
Mara Disco-3, marta Pajero is king, mara Prado will roll so what?

On cars,you will never get a clear answer.That is why you find Proboxes,Wills,Hummers,Cherry,Funcargos,Troopers,Fotons,Faw,Mahindra etc on the roads.My VX is still on sale and I have all the papers.
kizee1
#57 Posted : Sunday, May 05, 2013 8:33:36 PM

Sufficiently Philanga....thropic wrote:
Vj wrote:

Couldnt agree more. Land/Range rovers are a real drain on the pocket not unless u have the good old manual Disco 1994 200TDi enginesmile The other later models are all crappy. Always with issues. @kizee,what's the monthly maintenance bill on your disco?

i haven't done any local repairs so i cant really say, have owned mine for 9months odd

@wanyee may have a greater bit of experience with his
maka
#58 Posted : Sunday, May 05, 2013 11:58:16 PM

In 98 somebody was buying a showroom pajero I was still on Primary mathematics...smh
possunt quia posse videntur
masukuma
#59 Posted : Monday, May 06, 2013 3:21:30 PM

Vj wrote:

eiii mboss! uko yuu sana! ama hupendi harufu ya lami ndio maana unapenda magari za juu!
All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!
Kirika
#60 Posted : Monday, May 06, 2013 3:59:56 PM

Tell your boy to get a VX diesel, it beats anything hands down. I have driven one previously for 3 months and it always amazed me how the beast could pull away.

The handling, speed, power and comfort are way up there.