Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

5 Pages<1234>»
Pajero or Prado????
kizee1
#21 Posted : Thursday, April 25, 2013 5:09:18 PM

mawinder wrote:
kizee1 wrote:
disco 4 HSE

The car is very luxurious inside but it has issues with the air suspension especially the ex UK ones and replacing the suspension system costs 1.8m at CMC and at Schumacher Karen it is 1.4m.
@Impunity,the documents for the VX have been found and you can go authenticate at KRA with a certain officer if you wish.The car is KBU Z,with numbers to the nearest 100 preceding Z.

really? i have one(HSE) and know like 5 guys who have one and have never had said issues, those quotes sound outrageous but im not surprised, you can get your own pneuma shocks from the Uk and get them fixed at the likes of kenhar
accelriskconsult
#22 Posted : Friday, April 26, 2013 11:41:08 AM

Gathige wrote:
@Mawinder.... You are slowly unpeeling your identity--- U want to invest in a slum, your workers use mats to work and not the Syokimau trains---- your underground sources on some phones stolen in some warehouse etc etc and now a 4 x4 without docs.

Can the real @Mawinder stand up!

and he could recommend someone to forever silence a fellow who was harassing a wazuan
Gathige
#23 Posted : Friday, April 26, 2013 11:48:09 AM

accelriskconsult wrote:
Gathige wrote:
@Mawinder.... You are slowly unpeeling your identity--- U want to invest in a slum, your workers use mats to work and not the Syokimau trains---- your underground sources on some phones stolen in some warehouse etc etc and now a 4 x4 without docs.

and he could recommend someone to forever silence a fellow who was harassing a wazuan

And he is either from Ndumberi or lives there!
"Things that matter most must never be at the mercy of things that matter least." Goethe
mawinder
#24 Posted : Friday, April 26, 2013 5:57:06 PM

Gathige wrote:
accelriskconsult wrote:
Gathige wrote:

What does the above have to do with either cars?As mentioned earlier,the car finally has all the documents and I am selling it at 3.5m.It is ex UK,2006 model,Toyota Landcruiser Cygnus 4.2ltr turbodiesel,equipped with a powerful Bose in car entertainment and is milk white in colour and in pristine condition.Quick sale.
Gathige
#25 Posted : Friday, April 26, 2013 6:02:31 PM

mawinder wrote:
Gathige wrote:
accelriskconsult wrote:
Gathige wrote:

What does the above have to do with either cars?As mentioned earlier,the car finally has all the documents and I am selling it at 3.5m.It is ex UK,2006 model,Toyota Landcruiser Cygnus 4.2ltr turbodiesel,equipped with a powerful Bose in car entertainment and is milk white in colour and in pristine condition.Quick sale.

Will you not send your mboys to collect it same day you sell it?
"Things that matter most must never be at the mercy of things that matter least." Goethe
Mukiri
#26 Posted : Friday, April 26, 2013 9:24:35 PM

Gathige wrote:
mawinder wrote:
Gathige wrote:
accelriskconsult wrote:
Gathige wrote:

Laughing out loudly The real owner should get first pick of buying it back, no?

Proverbs 19:21
Ngong
#27 Posted : Friday, April 26, 2013 9:35:51 PM

Gathige wrote:
mawinder wrote:
Gathige wrote:
accelriskconsult wrote:
Gathige wrote:

Wachaneni na @Mawinder,he is just honest unlike most of us!
wazo
#28 Posted : Friday, April 26, 2013 10:00:40 PM

If you or your cousin know what is good for you, then a Prado it is--it shall never go bad, wherever and whenever you go.And depending on the engine, it's got pace, more than it's Pajero equivalent in any case.

However, if the means is within reach, Landcruiser VX 4.2 liter turbo diesel. . . Huyo ni baba na mama yao wote. Forget this European crap being peddled--burn holes thro' them pockets throughhout you marriage withem;RRS, RRV, BMW X5/6, VW T, A Q7. . stay away. . . Unless of course you have the quid for a Cayenne T.S. Where was I? Buy the Prado.
harrydre
#29 Posted : Saturday, April 27, 2013 2:54:24 AM

this is the ride to get awache mambo miiingi

i.am.back!!!!
jaykay
#30 Posted : Sunday, April 28, 2013 3:02:44 PM

For status a land cruiser VX or Rangerover Vogue says it all.The Prado is better off road than the pajero.On Tarmac pajero is king- btw prado has a lot of body roll and is more unstable @ higher speeds, that's why many roll.
Engines the petrol ones are the best for our mkt.take the pajero 3.0 and prado 2.7 ones.pajero has more power and slightly higher consumption.Avoid the 3.8 GDI pajero engine can be problematic if you put in low quality fuel.

Costs- prado s are at least 800k to 1 mili more than the pajero.
Take the pajero unless you hog charge every weekend.Prados are for wannabes who want to show that wame arrive.
MatataMingi
#31 Posted : Sunday, April 28, 2013 4:38:51 PM

Hi Guys,
You are all talking about "newer" cars.

I bought a Brand New Pajero GLX 2.5 L, petrol, Manual transmission
from Simba Colt in 1998!!!!!. KAJxxxZ.

I am still using it. Only done 112K Kms.
I have had no problems. Only normal service at 5 & 10 Kms.
Only major repairs in ALL those years are a clutch / Pressure plate, and timing belt.
Used 90% on goodish roads - although have been to many game parks etc.

GREAT CAR.

P.S: BTW, I seldom drive at over 110 Kph.
jaykay
#32 Posted : Sunday, April 28, 2013 10:09:39 PM

@MatataMingi that series is very hardy and easy to fix,that's why Simbacolt is still selling it today.it is my dream Palermo if only everyone in my house could drive a manual.
GOK loves them too
mawinder
#33 Posted : Sunday, April 28, 2013 10:31:28 PM

He should acquire a Mercedes GL320CDI or a Lexus LX570, and the Prado to be the chase car used by his bodyguards.He will have maximum respect.
mawinder
#34 Posted : Wednesday, May 01, 2013 6:46:06 PM

kizee1 wrote:
mawinder wrote:
kizee1 wrote:
disco 4 HSE

The car is very luxurious inside but it has issues with the air suspension especially the ex UK ones and replacing the suspension system costs 1.8m at CMC and at Schumacher Karen it is 1.4m.
@Impunity,the documents for the VX have been found and you can go authenticate at KRA with a certain officer if you wish.The car is KBU Z,with numbers to the nearest 100 preceding Z.

really? i have one(HSE) and know like 5 guys who have one and have never had said issues, those quotes sound outrageous but im not surprised, you can get your own pneuma shocks from the Uk and get them fixed at the likes of kenhar

Look at JM Baraza's motoring column todayand see for yourself the cost of the suspension.It is enough to buy a Mercedes C180.ABK.
banyamulenge
#35 Posted : Wednesday, May 01, 2013 8:03:02 PM

Mboss. Land Cruiser V8 ndiyo babu yao. And there is onboard 'Rita' to help you tame the beast. Only those who know it will give you knowing glances.

"The longer the fuse the mightier the blast!"
mawinder
#36 Posted : Wednesday, May 01, 2013 9:05:12 PM

banyamulenge wrote:
Mboss. Land Cruiser V8 ndiyo babu yao. And there is onboard 'Rita' to help you tame the beast. Only those who know it will give you knowing glances.

Used to think the same before I rode in its bigger brother Lexus LX570 which is now king.Only drawback is its price.I saw one at Valley Road Motors and the price was 15.5m and it is ex Japan.
jaggernaut
#37 Posted : Wednesday, May 01, 2013 9:12:43 PM

mawinder wrote:
banyamulenge wrote:

Used to think the same before I rode in its bigger brother Lexus LX570 which is now king.Only drawback is its price.I saw one at Valley Road Motors and the price was 15.5m and it is ex Japan.

An 8 year old used car going for 15.5m? Kwani how much does it cost when new?
mawinder
#38 Posted : Wednesday, May 01, 2013 9:17:48 PM

jaggernaut wrote:
mawinder wrote:
banyamulenge wrote:

An 8 year old car used car going for 15.5m? Kwani how much does it cost when new?

It was a 2012 model.
jaggernaut
#39 Posted : Wednesday, May 01, 2013 9:23:54 PM

mawinder wrote:
jaggernaut wrote:
mawinder wrote:
banyamulenge wrote:

An 8 year old car used car going for 15.5m? Kwani how much does it cost when new?

It was a 2012 model.

I would rather buy a brand new Range Rover Vogue HSE V8 4600cc from CMC at 14m.
Sigiriri
#40 Posted : Thursday, May 02, 2013 8:57:54 AM

Hi guys, good discussion and I note there are some contrarians in the hse. Toyos are way to dominant and no one has so far mentioned the one tried, tested and proven car that is the only option I'll go for when the time comes - NISSAN Patrol. I know, I know - this is toyota country, but check it out first. If you can talk to someone who owns one and you will not be gongwad anymore.

Beyond the Patrol, in my list comes three vehicles by the super-best car maker in the world - Mercedes. The 'smaller of the three is all new Mercedes GLK series (there is a 250 and a 350). Next is the Mercedes GL350 Bluetec and my ultimate number one Mercedes G350 (G Wagon) - the factory in Austria re-opened and now makes mainly on order so this is guaranteed to leave a hole in the pocket of even a pharmacist, but a used one will last forever and can beat the LX570 in fuel economy, class, durability and maybe even performance!

Someone please beat that selection.