wazua Tue, May 7, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages12>
MPESA Vs Call centre staff..
Josey
#1 Posted : Tuesday, April 23, 2013 11:56:02 AM

If this is true about MPESA Ltd. Then ninaomba serkali... ya digital isa idie...
safariCon
josiah33
#2 Posted : Tuesday, April 23, 2013 12:14:14 PM

It happens in alot of places nowadays..........
Josey
#3 Posted : Tuesday, April 23, 2013 12:45:31 PM

josiah33 wrote:

..and it is illegal, right?
washiku
#4 Posted : Tuesday, April 23, 2013 12:58:07 PM

jguru
#5 Posted : Tuesday, April 23, 2013 1:03:23 PM

They should join an union. Will give HRs of these Big Companies nightmares...
Set out to correct the world's wrongs and you will most certainly wind up adding to them.
King G
#6 Posted : Tuesday, April 23, 2013 1:19:10 PM

Am in consultancy in HRM and i dont see anything Safcom is doing wrong except for the 6 months rolling contracts.

Let them accept the employment terms and continue working or get another job and move on. Alai can also go to SC on their behalf.
Thieves
Nandwa
#7 Posted : Tuesday, April 23, 2013 1:44:31 PM

Josey wrote:
josiah33 wrote:

..and it is illegal, right?

Nothing illegal there.

Capitalism - willing buyer willing seller.
Just as absolute power corrupts leaders, so does absolute fanaticism blind the people from logic
Shotgun
#8 Posted : Tuesday, April 23, 2013 1:53:12 PM

I think the issue they are raising is a MORAL one rather than a LEGAL one. As much as I sympathize, I don't think there much of a legal case against the company.

Think of it in terms of Apple vs it workers in China.
Muheani
#9 Posted : Tuesday, April 23, 2013 1:53:25 PM

King G wrote:
Am in consultancy in HRM and i dont see anything Safcom is doing wrong except for the 6 months rolling contracts.

Let them accept the employment terms and continue working or get another job and move on. Alai can also go to SC on their behalf.

Ditto!!!

The law on Contractual employment is very clear.
The rolling contracts..thats a pain...but again...not really illegal.

I guess...we should be very careful not to screem on top of our voices on the side of the employees..

Did you see anywhere the said "victims" (those laid off) have said they were infact kept on safcoms payroll, none for less than an yr, and most for longer than 1.3 yrs...

....with full salary and medical cover while the company was waiting for them to either recover or get other non headsets using positions internally?

Iam privy to that information.

Truth be told, if for any reason you are not able to meet terms of your explained and signed contract...then renegotiation or termination of contract follows.

However, you can only say may b some more gratuity on "human" and not medical or legal reason could have surficed.

The onus is on the said laid off staff to prove beyond reasonable doubt that the ENT conditions they experienced were primarily and only as a result of their employment.

chemos
#10 Posted : Tuesday, April 23, 2013 2:23:20 PM

Muheani wrote:
King G wrote:

Ditto!!!

I guess...we should be very careful not to screem on top of our voices on the side of the employees..

Did you see anywhere the said "victims" (those laid off) have said they were infact kept on safcoms payroll, none for less than an yr, and most for longer than 1.3 yrs...

....with full salary and medical cover while the company was waiting for them to either recover or get other non headsets using positions internally?

Truth be told, if for any reason you are not able to meet terms of your explained and signed contract...then renegotiation or termination of contract follows.

However, you can only say may b some more gratuity on "human" and not medical or legal reason could have surficed.

The onus is on the said laid off staff to prove beyond reasonable doubt that the ENT conditions they experienced were primarily and only as a result of their employment.

Are u Nzioka Waita??d'oh! d'oh!
Impunity
#11 Posted : Tuesday, April 23, 2013 2:32:29 PM

jguru wrote:

...an union...?

Ilikuya na meli kwere....hahahahaaa.
Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

King G
#12 Posted : Tuesday, April 23, 2013 2:37:02 PM

Impunity wrote:
jguru wrote:

...an union...?

bigger than Atwoli's Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Thieves
washiku
#13 Posted : Tuesday, April 23, 2013 2:49:39 PM

chemos wrote:
Muheani wrote:
King G wrote:

Ditto!!!

Or Ogutu hehehehehe
Muheani
#14 Posted : Tuesday, April 23, 2013 3:05:55 PM

washiku wrote:
chemos wrote:
Muheani wrote:
King G wrote:

Ditto!!!

Or Ogutu hehehehehe

Eh?, smile ... nope, aca, hapana.
jguru
#15 Posted : Tuesday, April 23, 2013 3:09:45 PM

King G wrote:
Impunity wrote:
jguru wrote:

...an union...?

bigger than Atwoli's Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4vf8N6GpdM
Set out to correct the world's wrongs and you will most certainly wind up adding to them.
maka
#16 Posted : Tuesday, April 23, 2013 3:13:48 PM

chemos wrote:
Muheani wrote:
King G wrote:

Ditto!!!

I actually wanted to say that @muheani should answer on Bob's behalf well done no case here...
possunt quia posse videntur
accelriskconsult
#17 Posted : Tuesday, April 23, 2013 3:32:35 PM

Josey wrote:
If this is true about MPESA Ltd. Then ninaomba serkali... ya digital isa idie...
safariCon

What is the objective of Alai publishing this letter?

I do not think that it contains any illegality. Kama ni propaganda ya competitors Alai aseme
maka
#18 Posted : Tuesday, April 23, 2013 6:18:10 PM

accelriskconsult wrote:
Josey wrote:
safariCon

What is the objective of Alai publishing this letter?

I do not think that it contains any illegality. Kama ni propaganda ya competitors Alai aseme

It may have been in good faith but the approach is wrong,among the telecos scom still pays its employees really well and treats them nicely,they have a sense of belonging etc etc cutting costs is there and real all.over the world...
possunt quia posse videntur
Mastermind
#19 Posted : Saturday, April 27, 2013 11:06:04 AM

Safaricom sues SHITTY blogger Alai for libel
http://www.nation.co.ke/...80/-/f2f5k6/-/index.html
If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.
symbols
#20 Posted : Saturday, April 27, 2013 11:24:18 AM

[quote=Mastermind]Safaricom sues SHITTY blogger Alai for libel
http://www.nation.co.ke/...0/-/f2f5k6/-/index.html[/quote]

The hits his site will get,lol.That move will haunt them later on because now he's got the attention of more people.