wazua Wed, Apr 24, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages12>
Flour Milling Business
mjuaji wa stocks
#1 Posted : Sunday, April 14, 2013 5:27:07 PM

I am planning to venture into both maize and flour milling business ...... what is the capital investment like?

What machines do i need?

Any idea where i can get the machines at fair prices?

Chinese or european machines - which are the best?

Is 5 acres of land enough for this enterprise?

Advice / ideas so much welcome!!

The beauty and benefits of wazua.
God gave me the power to make wealth ... Blessed the work of my hands & enabled be A SELF MADE BILLIONAIRE ...... TO GOD THE FATHER OF MY LORD JESUS CHRIST; BE THE GLORY NOW & FOREVER MORE!

mawinder
#2 Posted : Sunday, April 14, 2013 8:08:33 PM

What does it have to do with politics or you want to supply branded flour to politicians during campaigns?Anyway,5 acres is more than enough.Alpha Millers the makers of Kifaru maize fluor sits on approximately 3 acres next to Nakumatt Embakasi and if handled well it is a good business.For the machinery,google for Buhler who are manufacturers.
washiku
#3 Posted : Sunday, April 14, 2013 8:21:42 PM

mawinder wrote:
What does it have to do with politics or you want to supply branded flour to politicians during campaigns?Anyway,5 acres is more than enough.Alpha Millers the makers of Kifaru maize fluor sits on approximately 3 acres next to Nakumatt Embakasi and if handled well it is a good business.For the machinery,google for Buhler who are manufacturers.

Mawinder you are very resourceful!Applause Applause Applause
mjuaji wa stocks
#4 Posted : Sunday, April 14, 2013 9:32:48 PM

mawinder wrote:

Hi mawinder,

Thanks for the info ....

Any idea what equipments are required for this venture?

As in which machines / equipments do i need apart from of course maize and wheat?

For a complete set up ...... what and what is needed?

Info welcome from all.
God gave me the power to make wealth ... Blessed the work of my hands & enabled be A SELF MADE BILLIONAIRE ...... TO GOD THE FATHER OF MY LORD JESUS CHRIST; BE THE GLORY NOW & FOREVER MORE!

wairegi
#5 Posted : Monday, April 15, 2013 8:45:37 AM

mjuaji wa stocks wrote:
I am planning to venture into both maize and flour milling business ...... what is the capital investment like?
Depending much on what grade and the rated outputs, where the machines are from( chinese or SA. Level of automation
Cheapest from china about 2M or but from SA cheapest was 6M.

What machines do i need?
Degerming, Sorting, griding and packing Might need silos for bulk storage but you still can scale it down.The best is to visit the ASK show there is a chinese company that operates from there and they will give a demo. And take you through the proccess.

Depends much on you expected outputs ( grade) and capacity for the machine (how many kgs per hour). If you go chinese less that 2M but without packing machine, will only be able to pack from 5kgs upwards. A different machine to pack on paper. If you go Roff from SA upwards of 7M. Write to them they are very responsive and you will get quotes almost within a day.

Chinese will do the job but you need not long lasting. The european ones very expensive and overated but are long lasting for entry level i say chinese

More that enough.

mawinder
#6 Posted : Monday, April 15, 2013 9:06:03 AM

wairegi wrote:
mjuaji wa stocks wrote:
Depending much on what grade and the rated outputs, where the machines are from( chinese or SA. Level of automation
Cheapest from china about 2M or but from SA cheapest was 6M.

What machines do i need?
Degerming, Sorting, griding and packing Might need silos for bulk storage but you still can scale it down.The best is to visit the ASK show there is a chinese company that operates from there and they will give a demo. And take you through the proccess.

Depends much on you expected outputs ( grade) and capacity for the machine (how many kgs per hour). If you go chinese less that 2M but without packing machine, will only be able to pack from 5kgs upwards. A different machine to pack on paper. If you go Roff from SA upwards of 7M. Write to them they are very responsive and you will get quotes almost within a day.

Chinese will do the job but you need not long lasting. The european ones very expensive and overated but are long lasting for entry level i say chinese

More that enough.

Check out the following websites www.buhler.com www.chinesehuangpai.com.
Chinesehuangpai is situated at ASK Jamhuri showground.
mjuaji wa stocks
#7 Posted : Monday, April 15, 2013 9:50:58 AM

@ mawinder and Wairegi;

Thanks you very much sirs for this valuable info!!

Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause

Kama iko ingine ..... ongeza smile smile

Pana mbaya.

Chaka
#8 Posted : Monday, April 15, 2013 11:10:49 AM

@Mjuaji,
Sorry to hijack your thread..can someone say something on what would one require to setup an animal feeds plant..would it be cheaper or more expensive as compared to a milling plant?

Gathige
#9 Posted : Monday, April 15, 2013 4:55:52 PM

Chaka wrote:
@Mjuaji,
Sorry to hijack your thread..can someone say something on what would one require to setup an animal feeds plant..would it be cheaper or more expensive as compared to a milling plant?

@ Chaka- Animal feeds making is milling ( a milling machine) and mixing ( mixing machine). So all what you need to have a feed factory is a a milling and mixing machine.

"Things that matter most must never be at the mercy of things that matter least." Goethe
feedmachinery
#10 Posted : Tuesday, April 16, 2013 3:57:54 AM

Chaka wrote:
@Mjuaji,

A feed mill would comprise of machinery for grinding (hammer mill), mixing (feed mixer). If you wanted compound pellet feed, you would need a pellet mill, and cooler.

Those are the essentials for feed milling.

Check out Rift Valley Machinery Services Ltd. based in Nairobi.

You can find more really great information here: Feed mill Glossary
mmarto
#11 Posted : Tuesday, January 27, 2015 10:39:27 AM

mjuaji wa stocks wrote:
@ mawinder and Wairegi;

Pana mbaya.

@ mjuaji did you ever begin this venture?
The only time you should be looking down on others is when you are helping them up.
Mariacha
#12 Posted : Sunday, February 01, 2015 7:13:03 AM

mmarto wrote:
mjuaji wa stocks wrote:
@ mawinder and Wairegi;

Pana mbaya.

Yes, @mjuaji, please let us know if and how it turned up..
the warmer the blankets, the colder the future
Wendz
#13 Posted : Monday, September 28, 2015 5:52:43 PM

Mariacha wrote:
mmarto wrote:
mjuaji wa stocks wrote:
@ mawinder and Wairegi;

Pana mbaya.

Waiting to hear...
mmarto
#14 Posted : Monday, September 28, 2015 9:25:21 PM

Wendz wrote:
Mariacha wrote:
mmarto wrote:
mjuaji wa stocks wrote:
@ mawinder and Wairegi;

Pana mbaya.

Waiting to hear...

The maths does not make sense to me going by market figures e.g a 2kg unga Jogoo sells for kshs 96.00 at supermarkets. If you buy raw maize from the market 1 "gogoro" (i.e 2kg) goes for kshs 120.00. So unless akina unga and other millers are buying maize from NCPB at very low discount prices and unless the prospective miller gets theirs at the same price then you'll be non-competitive.
The only time you should be looking down on others is when you are helping them up.
wairegi
#15 Posted : Tuesday, September 29, 2015 12:44:26 PM

mmarto wrote:
Wendz wrote:
Mariacha wrote:
mmarto wrote:
mjuaji wa stocks wrote:
@ mawinder and Wairegi;

Pana mbaya.

Waiting to hear...

The maths does not make sense to me going by market figures e.g a 2kg unga Jogoo sells for kshs 96.00 at supermarkets. If you buy raw maize from the market 1 "gogoro" (i.e 2kg) goes for kshs 120.00. So unless akina unga and other millers are buying maize from NCPB at very low discount prices and unless the prospective miller gets theirs at the same price then you'll be non-competitive.

I still believe this is a very worthy business here is my take;

1. Price of maize in Nairobi ranges from 2600-3000 Shilling per bag translating to 26 to 33 shilling per kg.
2. By product of the Maize germ...1600 for 50Kg bag i.e 32 per kg
3. Maize bran 600 per 50 kg translates to 12sh per kg.

The margins are there considering Unga is a daily and twice a day meal for many.
kayhara
#16 Posted : Tuesday, September 29, 2015 1:17:39 PM

The kitui grain miller in Mombasa told me that the business has low returns on huge investment he said that for every 50 million he circulates ie buy grain, pay workers etc he gets only 2.5 million as profit, but depends on how you look at it for some people 2.5 million is a lot of money.
To Each His Own
Robinhood
#17 Posted : Tuesday, September 29, 2015 2:00:23 PM

mmarto wrote:
Wendz wrote:
Mariacha wrote:
mmarto wrote:
mjuaji wa stocks wrote:
@ mawinder and Wairegi;

Pana mbaya.

Waiting to hear...

You cant buy in gorogos bro. Utachomeka mbaya. That said, my analysis also points to a rather low margin business.
Great men are not always wise, neither do the aged understand judgement...
mawinder
#18 Posted : Tuesday, September 29, 2015 5:01:45 PM

kayhara wrote:
The kitui grain miller in Mombasa told me that the business has low returns on huge investment he said that for every 50 million he circulates ie buy grain, pay workers etc he gets only 2.5 million as profit, but depends on how you look at it for some people 2.5 million is a lot of money.

That's a lot of money if he is able to clear the stock weekly. Compound the figures and see for yourself.
mugz
#19 Posted : Thursday, September 13, 2018 11:05:42 AM

mjuaji wa stocks wrote:

What machines do i need?

@mjuaji, how did this venture turn out?
Mukiri
#20 Posted : Saturday, October 27, 2018 5:14:33 AM

Kenyans and Americans have something in common => They both like BIG things! What happened to growing? Starting small and growing from there?

Case in point, I cannot dry my cup or two of maize and mill it for myself at home. Why? There is NO kitchen mill available in Kenya!

Proverbs 19:21