wazua Sat, May 18, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages12>
Nice & Lovely Sold??
ZZE123
#1 Posted : Friday, April 12, 2013 4:24:55 PM

I hear that Paul Kinuthia owner of Interconsumer Products Ltd has sold his company to L'Oréal Group the world's largest cosmetics and Beauty Company.
What is the intention of L'Oréal being a premium brands manufacturer and Nice & Lovely is a mass market brand?
Patricia Ithau is the new MD of the company.
The man who marries a beautiful woman, and the farmer who grows corn by the roadside have the same problem
Mastermind
#2 Posted : Monday, April 15, 2013 12:47:15 AM

ZZE123 wrote:
I hear that Paul Kinuthia owner of Interconsumer Products Ltd has sold his company to L'Oréal Group the world's largest cosmetics and Beauty Company.
What is the intention of L'Oréal being a premium brands manufacturer and Nice & Lovely is a mass market brand?

http://www.businessdaily.../1/-/d2t841/-/index.html
If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.
sparkly
#3 Posted : Monday, April 15, 2013 6:38:13 AM

ZZE123 wrote:

Loreal has been importing products from their factories in SA, India and Brazil for sale in Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Ethiopia.

Now they have a factory where they can formulate and package them in Kenya for sale in the region.

They don't really care about driving IC's products. Those will be dropped of pronto.
Life is short. Live passionately.
ZZE123
#4 Posted : Monday, April 15, 2013 3:09:50 PM

sparkly wrote:
ZZE123 wrote:

Loreal has been importing products from their factories in SA, India and Brazil for sale in Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Ethiopia.

Now they have a factory where they can formulate and package them in Kenya for sale in the region.

They don't really care about driving IC's products. Those will be dropped of pronto.

@sparkly – Why would they drop business worth Kes 2B?
The man who marries a beautiful woman, and the farmer who grows corn by the roadside have the same problem
madollar
#5 Posted : Monday, April 15, 2013 3:27:47 PM

Just how many billions did he pocket and it was a sole propreitorship .Next could be the owner AFYA juice .....
digitek1
#6 Posted : Tuesday, April 16, 2013 3:08:05 PM

madollar wrote:
Just how many billions did he pocket and it was a sole propreitorship .Next could be the owner AFYA juice .....

or Tony Airo Applause
I may be wrong..but then I could be right
ZZE123
#7 Posted : Tuesday, April 16, 2013 7:18:39 PM

madollar wrote:

I hear its something between 3B and 4B and for a section (80%) of his business - Not shares but specific brands
kryptonite
#8 Posted : Friday, April 19, 2013 1:49:30 PM

http://bit.ly/13lBABu

Inspiring story
The harder you work, the luckier you get
kryptonite
#9 Posted : Friday, April 19, 2013 1:55:56 PM

digitek1 wrote:
madollar wrote:

or Tony Airo Applause

Is Tony still doing his hair products? Last I read about his venture I was a bit underwhelmed to be honest
Gathige
#10 Posted : Friday, April 19, 2013 5:47:41 PM

ZZE123 wrote:
sparkly wrote:
ZZE123 wrote:

@sparkly – Why would they drop business worth Kes 2B?

@sparkly, to kill the IC brand and build theirs. These may all homogeneous products and the buyers long-term aim may be to have their brand very visible in the market and the price may be a small drop in their "global ocean".

If i were the IC's guy ( if wishes were horses!), i would sell them shares and ride on their brand in the long term.
"Things that matter most must never be at the mercy of things that matter least." Goethe
Speculz
#11 Posted : Saturday, April 20, 2013 3:36:40 PM

madollar wrote:

No Chance of that happening
"You can't have everything. Where would you put it?" - Stephen Wright
mawinder
#12 Posted : Sunday, October 13, 2013 5:48:34 PM

madollar wrote:

So the business was indebted and he took home only 247m as the balance was shared btwn KCB and CBA to offset loans.
kryptonite
#13 Posted : Sunday, October 13, 2013 9:53:07 PM

mawinder wrote:
madollar wrote:

So the business was indebted and he took home only 247m as the balance was shared btwn KCB and CBA to offset loans.

247m is not too shabby
Money Whisperer
#14 Posted : Tuesday, October 15, 2013 11:24:50 AM

kryptonite wrote:
mawinder wrote:
madollar wrote:

247m is not too shabby

assuming he was still able to finance the loan then for a company with such potential 247M is chicken poop
"Money never sleeps"
madollar
#15 Posted : Tuesday, October 15, 2013 11:38:47 AM

mawinder wrote:
madollar wrote:

keroche seems to be in the same boat with a loan from barclays bank in the tune of over a billion shillings.Which brings the question can you run a succesful enterprise without taking loans...
kiriita
#16 Posted : Tuesday, October 15, 2013 12:56:38 PM

mawinder wrote:
madollar wrote:

Interesting. @Mawinder, is it also true as I heard somewhere that R Kimotho got 'peanuts' [after selling Kameme/K24] with the bulk of the sale proceeds going to settle liabilities at, coincidentally, CBA?
Money Whisperer
#17 Posted : Tuesday, October 15, 2013 1:43:07 PM

madollar wrote:
mawinder wrote:
madollar wrote:

keroche seems to be in the same boat with a loan from barclays bank in the tune of over a billion shillings.Which brings the question can you run a succesful enterprise without taking loans...

Keroche was doing fine with launch after launch of products gracefully attended by jakom or his bro or his side kick the 500thao-shilling-suit man. I'm told Castle offered her 9B she turned it down so they opted for keringet. Loans are not bad your ability to pay is what matters
"Money never sleeps"
mawinder
#18 Posted : Tuesday, October 15, 2013 3:57:35 PM

kiriita wrote:
mawinder wrote:
madollar wrote:

Interesting. @Mawinder, is it also true as I heard somewhere that R Kimotho got 'peanuts' [after selling Kameme/K24] with the bulk of the sale proceeds going to settle liabilities at, coincidentally, CBA?

I will confirm,but the level of our media reports is wanting.They dont follow up where the so called billions end up.
Am
#19 Posted : Thursday, October 17, 2013 11:26:22 AM

kiriita wrote:
mawinder wrote:
madollar wrote:

Very true.
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God..
wazuaguest
#20 Posted : Tuesday, November 19, 2013 7:44:20 PM

Am wrote:
kiriita wrote:
mawinder wrote:
madollar wrote:

Very true.

she was struggling to pay hence 'they'(CBA) Approached her with an offer .they were privy to the business dynamics hence an upper hand.I think expanding to tv rapidly was not a good idea
Africa belongs to Africans.