wazua Mon, May 6, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

71 Pages«<678910>»
Bitcoin: Does it have a future ?
EngineerLMG
#141 Posted : Friday, December 22, 2017 3:08:52 AM

Whoever wants to should check out this Bitcoin simulator.
http://bitsim.beepboopbitcoin.com/

Don't come back here saying you weren't warned.
Tokyo
#142 Posted : Friday, December 22, 2017 10:19:06 AM

Time to buy
work to prosper
Swenani
#143 Posted : Friday, December 22, 2017 2:06:34 PM

Museveni wrote:
Swenani wrote:
Ryko wrote:
winmak wrote:
http://www.businessdailyafrica.com/news/Bitcoin-falls-almost-20pc-from-recent-peak-week-low/539546-4236002-143arliz/index.html

And the fall begins

@McAfee is not an authority on anything taking into consideration his past investment decisions.
Below is his argument as to why bitcoin is not a fraud and why it has value

Quote:
“You called bitcoin a fraud,” McAfee told CNBC. “I’m a bitcoin miner. We create bitcoins. It costs over $1,000 per coin to create a bitcoin. What does it cost to create a U.S. dollar? Which one is the fraud? Because it costs whatever the paper costs, but it costs me and other miners over $1,000 per coin. It’s called proof of work.

The fall?

LoL

Once the masses adopted Bitcoin you should've rushed in.

The only remaining step is the mainstreaming of exchanges to be able to convert Bitcoins to cash and vice versa easily.

Once that happens, of course it will at some point, the price soars again and many will wish they got in now.

That is called HOPE M7
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
Museveni
#144 Posted : Friday, December 22, 2017 2:36:37 PM

Swenani wrote:
Museveni wrote:
Swenani wrote:
Ryko wrote:
winmak wrote:
http://www.businessdailyafrica.com/news/Bitcoin-falls-almost-20pc-from-recent-peak-week-low/539546-4236002-143arliz/index.html

And the fall begins

@McAfee is not an authority on anything taking into consideration his past investment decisions.
Below is his argument as to why bitcoin is not a fraud and why it has value

Quote:
“You called bitcoin a fraud,” McAfee told CNBC. “I’m a bitcoin miner. We create bitcoins. It costs over $1,000 per coin to create a bitcoin. What does it cost to create a U.S. dollar? Which one is the fraud? Because it costs whatever the paper costs, but it costs me and other miners over $1,000 per coin. It’s called proof of work.

The fall?

LoL

Once the masses adopted Bitcoin you should've rushed in.

The only remaining step is the mainstreaming of exchanges to be able to convert Bitcoins to cash and vice versa easily.

Once that happens, of course it will at some point, the price soars again and many will wish they got in now.

That is called HOPE M7

Traders an those getting in without understanding the core concepts of each alt coin will always be at a loss. Buying the hype on the crests and panic selling on the dips.

The ride is always very bumpy and only true HODLers have fun.

The only regret is not getting into mining way back at the start of the thread
Live and learn; and don’t forget, nothing ventured, nothing gained.
Museveni
#145 Posted : Friday, December 22, 2017 2:42:58 PM

hisah wrote:
I like this bitcoin fight. Back to the days of roman empire collapse or the british empire collapse. Since Cyprus bail in (day light robbery of depositors' funds) this thing has melted up like a rocket yet the masses are not involved.

When fools rush in it'll be interesting to behold...

The time seems in now @hisah
Spikes
#146 Posted : Friday, December 22, 2017 4:55:10 PM

A festive season meltdown rocks coins mining exchange world with a dip as high as 40% + in about 24hrs.
But we're here to stay. HAKUNA kutoka mpaka ndoto zetu zitimie!
John 5:17 But Jesus replied, “My Father is always working, and so am I.”
ngapat
#147 Posted : Friday, December 22, 2017 5:33:58 PM

damn. I should have waited before getting in
“Invest in yourself. Your career is the engine of your wealth.”
Ryko
#148 Posted : Friday, December 22, 2017 6:55:50 PM

ngapat wrote:

You still have the opportunity to average downwards the boat has not left...
I work so I can afford the amount of alcohol required to continue going to work
Ryko
#149 Posted : Friday, December 22, 2017 6:57:44 PM

Registered lows time to move in place orders in a ladder, mop up some good coins...

for 2015

for 2016
I work so I can afford the amount of alcohol required to continue going to work
EngineerLMG
#150 Posted : Friday, December 22, 2017 8:59:03 PM

There is nothing new under the sun.

winmak
#151 Posted : Friday, December 22, 2017 9:16:18 PM

Hapa watu watalia na kusaga meno... Only the guys who entered before the rapid rise will benefit...
For investors as a whole, returns decrease as motion increases ~ WB
kayhara
#152 Posted : Friday, December 22, 2017 9:17:05 PM

Kenyans introduce their own coin or is it a CON?
be the judge.
Quote:
Introducing the next step of the virtual currency evolution, beyond mobile, beyond paper, with as much of a future as the Internet itself. Welcome, #Nurucoin. Visit http://www.nurucoin.com to learn more. #Africarising
To Each His Own
EngineerLMG
#153 Posted : Friday, December 22, 2017 10:18:16 PM

winmak wrote:
Hapa watu watalia na kusaga meno... Only the guys who entered before the rapid rise will benefit...

Ata afadhali quairo because you could eat them if you went hungry. Bitcoins can't be seen, they're stored online where the server's owner can see and/or take them if they want, they are of no value other than causing collective madness, the mathematical "randomization" being done by processors to "mine" one isn't explainable...

Guys, get out. Tamaa iliua fisi.

Swenani
#154 Posted : Friday, December 22, 2017 11:38:28 PM

EngineerLMG wrote:
winmak wrote:

Ata afadhali quairo because you could eat them if you went hungry. Bitcoins can't be seen, they're stored online where the server's owner can see and/or take them if they want, they are of no value other than causing collective madness, the mathematical "randomization" being done by processors to "mine" one isn't explainable...

My thoughts

Cyrpto currencies are scams.what if every programmer creates their own currencies?what if govt creates their own virtual currencies
Museveni
#155 Posted : Saturday, December 23, 2017 1:22:56 AM

Swenani wrote:
EngineerLMG wrote:
winmak wrote:

My thoughts

Cyrpto currencies are scams.what if every programmer creates their own currencies?what if govt creates their own virtual currencies

Hehe

From 2009 to 2017 and still some think Bitcoin is going away?

Just because there was a stampede (steep price jump) in 2017 people trying to accumulate bitcoins doesn't mean it will soon die out

There are over a thousand other coins and they keep popping up everyday but intentions vary. Some are outright Scams or started as outright Scams e.g check out the history of DASH formely darkcoin

One thing to keep in mind is the crypto currencies especially Bitcoin came up as a way to decentralize payment systems. If the intentions of any new crypto currency is to maintain a centralized system ( status quo) it has already failed even before launch as the target developers and core users already have a superior product.

Oh and the Bitcoins do NOT stay in a server somewhere unless one chooses to keep their coins in an exchange.

You can buy a hardware wallet - basically a USB drive which is encrypted (Trezor & Ledger Nani S lead on this front). However if you are fond of forgetting passwords for unto you.

Unless you sent the coins to another wallet these coins will stay there forever unspend. Miners verify transactions and are rewarded with free coins as well as a small transaction fee. Whereby the transaction fee will remain the reward for miners once the limit for all bitcoins is reached.

It actually is an interesting technology (block chain) and those dismissing especially Bitcoin should research a little more.
TNT
#156 Posted : Saturday, December 23, 2017 10:08:38 AM

Museveni wrote:
Swenani wrote:
EngineerLMG wrote:
winmak wrote:

My thoughts

Hehe

Just because there was a stampede (steep price jump) in 2017 people trying to accumulate bitcoins doesn't mean it will soon die out

There are over a thousand other coins and they keep popping up everyday but intentions vary. Some are outright Scams or started as outright Scams e.g check out the history of DASH formely darkcoin

One thing to keep in mind is the crypto currencies especially Bitcoin came up as a way to decentralize payment systems. If the intentions of any new crypto currency is to maintain a centralized system ( status quo) it has already failed even before launch as the target developers and core users already have a superior product.

Oh and the Bitcoins do NOT stay in a server somewhere unless one chooses to keep their coins in an exchange.

You can buy a hardware wallet - basically a USB drive which is encrypted (Trezor & Ledger Nani S lead on this front). However if you are fond of forgetting passwords for unto you.

Unless you sent the coins to another wallet these coins will stay there forever unspend. Miners verify transactions and are rewarded with free coins as well as a small transaction fee. Whereby the transaction fee will remain the reward for miners once the limit for all bitcoins is reached.

It actually is an interesting technology (block chain) and those dismissing especially Bitcoin should research a little more.

This is what I've found out after a little research:

1) All cryptos are decentralized (blockchain-based), limited in supply and rely on cryptography for security.

2) Not all blockchains are created equal. Being the first blockchain, the Bitcoin blockchain has some serious flaws. It is slow, completes about 5 transactions per second, requires a lot of electricity and expensive hardware to verify a transaction (mine). Additionally, the Bitcoin blockchain is inflexible in terms of application, meaning third party users cannot build their applications, such as smart contracts, on top of it. There are peer-to-peer blockchain platforms, such as the Ethereum project, that allow third party users to do that, making them more valuable than the Bitcoin blockchain.

3) Due to its anonymous nature, mainstream businesses, a majority of which like to track consumer spending habits in order to tailor their product offerings and marketing campaigns accordingly, are unlikely to adopt Bitcoin.

4) Unlike some cryptocoins, such as OmiseGo, Bitcoin is not by an actual product.

5) Quantum computers can break (hack) a cryptography code. So the future of cryptocurrency largely depends on the existence of a quantum computer. Currently, government across the world are throwing money and resources into developing a quantum computer. Once a quantum computer comes into existence, cryptocurrencies will be history.

Conclusion - Bitcoin may have started this cryptocurrency craze, but its code base has some inherent limitations that may prevent it from going mainstream. The development of quantum computing is a serious threat to cryptocurrencies.
Swenani
#157 Posted : Saturday, December 23, 2017 11:34:56 AM

Museveni wrote:
Swenani wrote:
EngineerLMG wrote:
winmak wrote:

My thoughts

Hehe

Bitcoin is anything else but a payment system

Of what value is the blockchain technology to a payment system?
Museveni
#158 Posted : Saturday, December 23, 2017 1:59:37 PM

TNT wrote:
Museveni wrote:
Swenani wrote:
EngineerLMG wrote:
winmak wrote:

My thoughts

Hehe

This is what I've found out after a little research:

1) All cryptos are decentralized (blockchain-based), limited in supply and rely on cryptography for security.

2) Not all blockchains are created equal. Being the first blockchain, the Bitcoin blockchain has some serious flaws. It is slow, completes about 5 transactions per second, requires a lot of electricity and expensive hardware to verify a transaction (mine). Additionally, the Bitcoin blockchain is inflexible in terms of application, meaning third party users cannot build their applications, such as smart contracts, on top of it. There are peer-to-peer blockchain platforms, such as the Ethereum project, that allow third party users to do that, making them more valuable than the Bitcoin blockchain.

3) Due to its anonymous nature, mainstream businesses, a majority of which like to track consumer spending habits in order to tailor their product offerings and marketing campaigns accordingly, are unlikely to adopt Bitcoin.

4) Unlike some cryptocoins, such as OmiseGo, Bitcoin is not by an actual product.

5) Quantum computers can break (hack) a cryptography code. So the future of cryptocurrency largely depends on the existence of a quantum computer. Currently, government across the world are throwing money and resources into developing a quantum computer. Once a quantum computer comes into existence, cryptocurrencies will be history.

Conclusion - Bitcoin may have started this cryptocurrency craze, but its code base has some inherent limitations that may prevent it from going mainstream. The development of quantum computing is a serious threat to cryptocurrencies.

Some of the assumed pitfalls of Bitcoin are actually the strongest features that will ensure it's existence way after many newer coins are forgotten.

Take for example that there will only be a maximum of 21 MILLION Bitcoins in supply.

That is a pretty low number for a global market. Does these limited supply hold any value? That is up to the masses to determine. If enough people think it can be a measure of value, it will be around for a lot longer. With such a limited supply the price will go up.

The limited supply ensures no shortcuts where some wallets or developers may end up with an huge number of coins as some coins whose supply is infinite. For an infinite supply, settling on a value of one coin will be extremely hard. For limited supply altcoins, there will always be a sort of pride associated with owning a few of these and this will dictate their value. As for security, he amount of resources that companies like Google are spending researching on quantum computing will never be utilised for crypto currency. If even now there super computers are not utilised for mining what makes one think that they would dedicate an expensive research tool towards a limited market like crypto currency when they have bigger issues to address to stay ahead of competitors like Amazon and Microsoft?

Bitcoin strikes a good balance between anonymity and ease of use. It is not perfect but it is way ahead of any other option. Different applications can be tailored for different altcoins but such customization comes with associated pitfalls which may be worse than supposedly in Bitcoin. E.g anonymity coupled with lack of exact number of coins in circulation.
Mukiri
#159 Posted : Sunday, December 24, 2017 2:32:41 AM

ngapat wrote:

Laughing out loudly Enjoy the FUD after a healthy dose of FOMO Laughing out loudly

We've all been there. Once you 'grow-up' in crypto, and divorce yourself from emotion, its a pretty exciting place. Much like stocks. But stocks on steroids.

Proverbs 19:21
Tokyo
#160 Posted : Sunday, December 24, 2017 2:44:34 AM

ngapat wrote:

Don’t offload. Wait after the holidays
work to prosper