wazua Thu, Apr 18, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

71 Pages«<697071
Bitcoin: Does it have a future ?
kmucheke
#1401 Posted : Thursday, June 17, 2021 12:32:47 PM

rwitre wrote:
El Salvador becomes first country to adopt bitcoin as legal tender after passing law

LINK

Quote:
Lawmakers in the Central American country’s Congress voted by a “supermajority” in favor of the Bitcoin Law, receiving 62 out of 84 of the legislature’s vote.

“The purpose of this law is to regulate bitcoin as unrestricted legal tender with liberating power, unlimited in any transaction, and to any title that public or private natural or legal persons require carrying out,” the law reads.

Prices can now be shown in bitcoin, tax contributions can be paid with the digital currency, and exchanges in bitcoin will not be subject to capital gains tax.

"Bitcoin is a bubble/internet fad/tool for criminals/too complicated...etc."
You can keep burying your head in the sand.

The Bitcoin Standard is coming.
The internet will have a native currency.

World Bank rejects El Salvador request for Bitcoin help

Quote:
The international lender cited concerns over transparency and the environmental impact of Bitcoin mining.

On the brighter side, Elon Musk said Tesla would accept Bitcoin payments again once "mining" uses 50% renewable energy.
LINK
rwitre
#1402 Posted : Thursday, October 07, 2021 5:56:20 PM

DeFi on Bitcoin?

El Salvador’s State-Owned Banco Hipotecario Taps Four Crypto Startups for Blockchain Products

Quote:

The adoption of bitcoin as legal tender in El Salvador has forced the local financial system to adapt.

Staring down these changes, Banco Hipotecario, a national commercial bank in El Salvador, has started working with four companies that will develop blockchain products they say will increase financial inclusion for the bank’s customers.

The bank started working with an alliance formed by TESOBE, the company behind the Open Bank Project, and API3, a decentralized autonomous organization that provides data feeds to blockchain-based smart contracts.

The alliance also includes decentralized digital asset management infrastructure firm Qredo, and Sovryn, a decentralized bitcoin trading and lending platform.

We're watching the financial world being redefined.

Putting my money where my mouth is, picked up a sizeable chunk of Sovryn at an ABP of $31

Bitcoin remains king.
#StackSats

aemathenge
#1403 Posted : Thursday, October 14, 2021 12:23:51 PM

In the deep dark corners of the cryptocurrency Discord world, there is this highly profitable, high-risk crypto Pump and Dump Community.

In this world, community members come together to rapidly pump and dump a target coin.

Then, just as rapidly, they dump the coin.

In the process, they make a 40% minimum return on the initial investment.

A recent crypto pump and dump scheme landed as much as 4,000% in profits for members.

The entire process takes less than one second to five minutes.

Furthermore, there is a scheme most days of the week.

To take part in such a scheme, you need three critical components:

Be a member of a Master Discord Group on Cryptocurrencies.

Purchase a crypto pump and dump crypto bot.

Join a popular crypto exchange, preferably KuCoin.

Find out more from the article below.

Warning, some of the links have my referral code.

https://read.cash/@MaheGoat/who-else-wants-to-be-successful-with-a-discord-crypto-pump-and-dump-bot-b0fe4894

rwitre
#1404 Posted : Wednesday, October 20, 2021 4:48:35 PM

$66,000

New all-time-high.

Anyone who has bought Bitcoin at any point in its history has seen an increase in their purchasing power.

Best part? It's still undervalued.

There are trillions of dollars being printed annually.
And only 21,000,000 bitcoin will ever exist

At $66,000 it's still a buy

My 2 cents
#1405 Posted : Wednesday, October 20, 2021 9:24:58 PM

How do you determine true value of bitcoin to gauge that it is still undervalued?
Buster
#1406 Posted : Monday, December 13, 2021 6:51:47 PM

Hi guys. I don't know anything about bitcoin. Someone's insisting on paying me using this method. How can I go about getting a wallet and what's the best way to sell locally?
VituVingiSana
#1407 Posted : Tuesday, December 14, 2021 10:06:28 AM

Sigh... I have tons of regret not throwing a few coins into BTC in 2013 when this thread started!
Jubilee has done a number on investors on the NSE while BTC soared.

That said, I knew NOTHING about BTC back then!

Museveni wrote:
There has been a few Bitcoin mentions on some threads.

But, in my humble opinion I think it deserves a dedicated thread.

Is there a future for this 'currency' or is it just a mirage offering a glimmer of hope for those in financial murk ?

From here:

Quote:
"..is the currency of the resistance; informal markets of people, not corporations. It's a true global free market"

These quotes I also found quite interesting:

Quote:
"..governments could lose control of individual state economies and people could live outside conventional financial and taxation systems. Banks could shut. In a capitalist society where everything has a fixed price, the cost of resistance could be high: Bitcoin's Young Turks seem set on a collision course with some powerful people who have a lot to lose.

"These people – states and established financial institutions – will move against Bitcoin because Bitcoin strikes at the root of current power structures," reckons Frank Braun, a German tech consultant and privacy advocate

Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
sparkly
#1408 Posted : Tuesday, December 14, 2021 2:52:56 PM

You can throw in your coins today.

VituVingiSana wrote:
Sigh... I have tons of regret not throwing a few coins into BTC in 2013 when this thread started!

Museveni wrote:

Is there a future for this 'currency' or is it just a mirage offering a glimmer of hope for those in financial murk ?

From here:

Quote:
"..is the currency of the resistance; informal markets of people, not corporations. It's a true global free market"

Quote:
"..governments could lose control of individual state economies and people could live outside conventional financial and taxation systems. Banks could shut. In a capitalist society where everything has a fixed price, the cost of resistance could be high: Bitcoin's Young Turks seem set on a collision course with some powerful people who have a lot to lose.

"These people – states and established financial institutions – will move against Bitcoin because Bitcoin strikes at the root of current power structures," reckons Frank Braun, a German tech consultant and privacy advocate

Life is short. Live passionately.
VituVingiSana
#1409 Posted : Friday, December 24, 2021 12:53:37 AM

sparkly wrote:
You can throw in your coins today.

VituVingiSana wrote:

Museveni wrote:

From here:

Quote:

Quote:

d'oh! I almost opened a cryptocurrency account to pay you! I should have. Laughing out loudly
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Museveni
#1410 Posted : Friday, December 31, 2021 12:34:59 PM

Humbling from a Guru like you.

The lesson mainly being that there are opportunities everyday.

Not necessarily in Crypto but everywhere.

VituVingiSana wrote:

Museveni wrote:

From here:

Quote:

Quote:

Live and learn; and don’t forget, nothing ventured, nothing gained.
My 2 cents
#1411 Posted : Monday, June 13, 2022 2:04:45 PM

Watching this 'meltdown cinema' with popcorn in my hands :)
Another company in trouble - Celsius
muandiwambeu
#1412 Posted : Tuesday, June 14, 2022 4:02:46 PM

My 2 cents wrote:
Watching this 'meltdown cinema' with popcorn in my hands :)
Another company in trouble - Celsius

Maangaiko maangaiko ya kila siku yalimfanya binandam kumsahau mungu waod'oh! Pray
,Behold, a sower went forth to sow;....
My 2 cents
#1413 Posted : Thursday, November 10, 2022 10:53:02 AM

Surprised that no one is talking about the current shitshow in cyrptoland. Worse than the crisis a few months ago.