wazua Mon, May 6, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

71 Pages«<56789>»
Bitcoin: Does it have a future ?
Museveni
#121 Posted : Friday, November 24, 2017 12:15:16 PM

CBK won't be getting into or in the way of crypto currency

But has a warped understanding. May be addressing the reffereral fees highlighted in the Business Daily article.

Live and learn; and don’t forget, nothing ventured, nothing gained.
mnandii
#122 Posted : Wednesday, November 29, 2017 10:22:04 AM

I believe a sizable correction is coming in Bitcoin which will disappoint majority. The first target is $8190.00
Conventional thinkers waste time building shelters when they are unnecessary and then have no shelters when they need them the most. Socionomists do the opposite.
Swenani
#123 Posted : Wednesday, November 29, 2017 11:19:44 AM

It appears to me bitcoin and other cyrpto-currencies are not backed up by anything apart from trust and hope
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
wukan
#124 Posted : Wednesday, November 29, 2017 12:28:40 PM

Swenani wrote:
It appears to me bitcoin and other cyrpto-currencies are not backed up by anything apart from trust and hope

So too is fiat currency just ordinary paper that we trust and hope holds value. As the people of Venezueala and Zimbabwe found out it's not backed by anything
Museveni
#125 Posted : Wednesday, November 29, 2017 12:39:10 PM

wukan wrote:
Swenani wrote:

So too is fiat currency just ordinary paper that we trust and hope holds value. As the people of Venezueala and Zimbabwe found out it's not backed by anything

BLOCKCHAIN.

That is the key word you need to research and get to understand Swenani.

It is not just applicable to bitcoin,currently being used/tested in many different ways for record keeping; land registry, ease of scrutiny, elimination of centralised intermediaries etc

Think of it this way;

A complete history of every transaction is stored on the blockchain, and all of these recorded transactions are open to public scrutiny.

Those bold words are key to the craze.
Museveni
#126 Posted : Wednesday, November 29, 2017 12:40:58 PM

mnandii wrote:

I believe a sizable correction is coming in Bitcoin which will disappoint majority. The first target is $8190.00

One key event to watch will be the Trump presidency.
lochaz-index
#127 Posted : Thursday, November 30, 2017 8:43:41 AM

mnandii wrote:

Tanked by about 20% yesterday though these high octane corrections are somewhat expected given BTC's volatility. That chart though, gives a whole new meaning to a hockey stick chart.
The main purpose of the stock market is to make fools of as many people as possible.
Museveni
#128 Posted : Thursday, December 07, 2017 4:35:30 PM

Swenani
#129 Posted : Saturday, December 09, 2017 10:17:38 AM

wukan wrote:
Swenani wrote:

It's not backed by anything but it's guaranteed by someone/something that's why you will work to a mahindi choma guy take his mahindi and give him the 10 bob. Have you ever tried paying for your flight ticket with bitcoins?
Swenani
#130 Posted : Saturday, December 09, 2017 10:23:08 AM

Museveni wrote:
wukan wrote:
Swenani wrote:

BLOCKCHAIN.

That is the key word you need to research and get to understand Swenani.

It is not just applicable to bitcoin,currently being used/tested in many different ways for record keeping; land registry, ease of scrutiny, elimination of centralised intermediaries etc

Think of it this way;

A complete history of every transaction is stored on the blockchain, and all of these recorded transactions are open to public scrutiny.

Those bold words are key to the craze.

Mimi bado si-shikanishi

wukan
#131 Posted : Monday, December 11, 2017 2:30:01 PM

Swenani wrote:
wukan wrote:
Swenani wrote:

It's not backed by anything but it's guaranteed by someone/something that's why you will work to a mahindi choma guy take his mahindi and give him the 10 bob. Have you ever tried paying for your flight ticket with bitcoins?

Isn't the zim dollar guaranteed by full credit of Zimbabwe govt. Venezuela's bolivar is backed by oil reserves and yet they announced they want to develop a virtual currency to replace it. Some companies in Venezuela are only exclusively accepting payment in bitcoin. It will only take massive currency printing by govt to make that mahindi choma guy to refuse your 10 bob.

By the way what makes you accept m-pesa, it's not backed by anything just what is contained in the mpesa servers? M-pesa is a crypto-currency tied to the kenya shilling 1:1. You still use m-pesa currency for many transactions e.g paybills and only exchange for kshs when you withdraw from an agent.

Bitcoin is like south sea company the eye-opener for joint stock companies. When the south sea bubble burst it didn't stop the formation of joint stock companies. Watch as bitcoin marches all the way to 60,000 dollars before any serious correction. Bitcoin is a concept whose future has arrived. It started off with gold farming

Quote:
In the 1990s and 2000s, gold farming was the practice of playing a massively multiplayer online game (MMO) to acquire in-game currency later selling it for real-world money.People in several developing nations have held full-time employment as gold farmers. Distinct from another popular method of cheating in online multiplayer games, gold farming specifically refers to paying for in-game currency not rank or experience points as in power leveling. The actual labor mechanics of these two practices may be identical or similar, and the "professional" gamers who held employment as gold farmers in the past may continue to work as power levelers to this day.

While most game operators ban the practice of selling in-game currency for real-world cash, gold farming was lucrative because it took advantage of economic inequality and the fact much time is needed to earn in-game currency. Rich players from developed countries, wishing to save many hours of playing time, were willing to pay substantial sums to gold farmers from developing countries.

Read here how venezuelans are surviving on video game currency and earning more than office workers.

maka
#132 Posted : Monday, December 11, 2017 3:06:53 PM

BestCloserKenya wrote:
i dont think Bitcoins have much of a future. They will only hit in the Geek world and wont be used much in the mainstream world. It is highly unstable if you buying to sell in the BitXchange. i once bought @ $96 and it fell to $49 and hasnt risen much since then,

smile
possunt quia posse videntur
Mukiri
#133 Posted : Wednesday, December 13, 2017 6:19:27 AM

maka wrote:
BestCloserKenya wrote:
i dont think Bitcoins have much of a future. They will only hit in the Geek world and wont be used much in the mainstream world. It is highly unstable if you buying to sell in the BitXchange. i once bought @ $96 and it fell to $49 and hasnt risen much since then,

smile

smile smile

Proverbs 19:21
Mukiri
#134 Posted : Wednesday, December 13, 2017 6:26:24 AM

wukan wrote:
Swenani wrote:
wukan wrote:
Swenani wrote:

Isn't the zim dollar guaranteed by full credit of Zimbabwe govt. Venezuela's bolivar is backed by oil reserves and yet they announced they want to develop a virtual currency to replace it. Some companies in Venezuela are only exclusively accepting payment in bitcoin. It will only take massive currency printing by govt to make that mahindi choma guy to refuse your 10 bob.

By the way what makes you accept m-pesa, it's not backed by anything just what is contained in the mpesa servers? M-pesa is a crypto-currency tied to the kenya shilling 1:1. You still use m-pesa currency for many transactions e.g paybills and only exchange for kshs when you withdraw from an agent.

Bitcoin is like south sea company the eye-opener for joint stock companies. When the south sea bubble burst it didn't stop the formation of joint stock companies. Watch as bitcoin marches all the way to 60,000 dollars before any serious correction. Bitcoin is a concept whose future has arrived. It started off with gold farming

Quote:
In the 1990s and 2000s, gold farming was the practice of playing a massively multiplayer online game (MMO) to acquire in-game currency later selling it for real-world money.People in several developing nations have held full-time employment as gold farmers. Distinct from another popular method of cheating in online multiplayer games, gold farming specifically refers to paying for in-game currency not rank or experience points as in power leveling. The actual labor mechanics of these two practices may be identical or similar, and the "professional" gamers who held employment as gold farmers in the past may continue to work as power levelers to this day.

While most game operators ban the practice of selling in-game currency for real-world cash, gold farming was lucrative because it took advantage of economic inequality and the fact much time is needed to earn in-game currency. Rich players from developed countries, wishing to save many hours of playing time, were willing to pay substantial sums to gold farmers from developing countries.

Read here how venezuelans are surviving on video game currency and earning more than office workers.

Bet Taxis of the old, didn't see this coming. With the demonstrations and all. Neither will fiat/stocks, until a huge chuck of their capital has been taken up. Change being constant is unfortunately highly resisted

Museveni
#135 Posted : Wednesday, December 20, 2017 2:07:53 PM

winmak
#136 Posted : Wednesday, December 20, 2017 8:53:33 PM

http://www.businessdaily...002-143arliz/index.html

And the fall begins
For investors as a whole, returns decrease as motion increases ~ WB
Mukiri
#137 Posted : Thursday, December 21, 2017 1:20:23 PM

winmak wrote:
http://www.businessdailyafrica.com/news/Bitcoin-falls-almost-20pc-from-recent-peak-week-low/539546-4236002-143arliz/index.html

And the fall begins

Laughing out loudly You wish Laughing out loudly

It has found a new resistance. Futures, cause and effect, maybe?

This is however a VERY exciting time in the Alt market. @Maka's XRP is 0.9, XVG 300% return in less than a week, BCH .. Infact every Alt coin seems to be soaring. Like the Gambler in Kenny Roger's song said, know when to hold and know when to fold, and God help us to know, if and when a time will come to walk away

Ryko
#138 Posted : Thursday, December 21, 2017 4:02:21 PM

winmak wrote:
http://www.businessdailyafrica.com/news/Bitcoin-falls-almost-20pc-from-recent-peak-week-low/539546-4236002-143arliz/index.html

And the fall begins

I work so I can afford the amount of alcohol required to continue going to work
Swenani
#139 Posted : Thursday, December 21, 2017 4:50:56 PM

Ryko wrote:
winmak wrote:

And the fall begins

@McAfee is not an authority on anything taking into consideration his past investment decisions.
Below is his argument as to why bitcoin is not a fraud and why it has value

Quote:
“You called bitcoin a fraud,” McAfee told CNBC. “I’m a bitcoin miner. We create bitcoins. It costs over $1,000 per coin to create a bitcoin. What does it cost to create a U.S. dollar? Which one is the fraud? Because it costs whatever the paper costs, but it costs me and other miners over $1,000 per coin. It’s called proof of work.

Museveni
#140 Posted : Thursday, December 21, 2017 5:08:36 PM

Swenani wrote:
Ryko wrote:
winmak wrote:

And the fall begins

@McAfee is not an authority on anything taking into consideration his past investment decisions.
Below is his argument as to why bitcoin is not a fraud and why it has value

Quote:
“You called bitcoin a fraud,” McAfee told CNBC. “I’m a bitcoin miner. We create bitcoins. It costs over $1,000 per coin to create a bitcoin. What does it cost to create a U.S. dollar? Which one is the fraud? Because it costs whatever the paper costs, but it costs me and other miners over $1,000 per coin. It’s called proof of work.

The fall?

LoL

Once the masses adopted Bitcoin you should've rushed in.

The only remaining step is the mainstreaming of exchanges to be able to convert Bitcoins to cash and vice versa easily.

Once that happens, of course it will at some point, the price soars again and many will wish they got in now.