Bitcoin: Does it have a future ?
Mukiri
#701 Posted : Tuesday, February 06, 2018 9:35:11 AM

mkeiy wrote:
Mukiri wrote:
obiero wrote:
Horton wrote:
$7198 currently. Guys good time to exit before it drops further

Who are you to guide us, we would rather listen to the Bitcoin guru @spikes to whom I dedicate this link https://cointelegraph.co...ally-damaging-investors

If you read the links you share, they are actually in support of Crypto-currency. Take for instance this one... It says that shedding off the investors that left, got rid of those that dob't believe in the technology, making long-term prospects better for Bitcoin even if the price remains lower. The link on tether, says that market correction could have taken into account any wrong doing of artificial demand, that drove prices to unrealistic levels. I did say here before, that same time last year BTC was $900. $7000 $6000 or even $5000 is a stellar gain for BTC. Infact, if it were to remain so, it would mean more affordable coins kinda like share splits.

Yes, I do feel sorry for those who bought @20k, but if they are wise, they lose nothing by hanging on. In time we'll not only get there, but surpass it, as the technology becomes mainstream.

Food for thought, BTC gained traction after the stock market crash of 2008. Dow Jones is currently shedding off major points, if history is repeating itself, then any wise NSE ought to be making the transition.

@Mukiri & @Spikes.

Aren't cryptocurrencies products of the blockchain technology?
Is buying a product synonymous to buying the technology behind it?

I have a Bic pen, do I have the technology behind Bic?

I once read a question that asked the meaning of life. What was profound about the question, was the statement behind it. The realization that when you actually ask that question, the universe expects you, who is asking... to answer it!

As you chew on that, please debate with yourself if you have the government whose money you hold in your wallet.

Proverbs 19:21
Mukiri
#702 Posted : Tuesday, February 06, 2018 9:36:50 AM

alma1 wrote:
I'm not a guru trader, but I can smell a ponzi when I see one. Things just don't drop like that. I left this thing at 8k on Saturday...Sasa 6k...Apana boss apana.

Na bado!smile

Spikes
#703 Posted : Tuesday, February 06, 2018 9:58:14 AM

mkeiy wrote:
Mukiri wrote:
obiero wrote:
Horton wrote:

Who are you to guide us, we would rather listen to the Bitcoin guru @spikes to whom I dedicate this link https://cointelegraph.co...ally-damaging-investors

If you read the links you share, they are actually in support of Crypto-currency. Take for instance this one... It says that shedding off the investors that left, got rid of those that dob't believe in the technology, making long-term prospects better for Bitcoin even if the price remains lower. The link on tether, says that market correction could have taken into account any wrong doing of artificial demand, that drove prices to unrealistic levels. I did say here before, that same time last year BTC was $900. $7000 $6000 or even $5000 is a stellar gain for BTC. Infact, if it were to remain so, it would mean more affordable coins kinda like share splits.

Yes, I do feel sorry for those who bought @20k, but if they are wise, they lose nothing by hanging on. In time we'll not only get there, but surpass it, as the technology becomes mainstream.

Food for thought, BTC gained traction after the stock market crash of 2008. Dow Jones is currently shedding off major points, if history is repeating itself, then any wise NSE ought to be making the transition.

@Mukiri & @Spikes.

You use Mpesa service and you pay transactional charges. You feel satiated and delighted. Do you own the technology of Mpesa?
John 5:17 But Jesus replied, “My Father is always working, and so am I.”
Swenani
#704 Posted : Tuesday, February 06, 2018 11:03:06 AM

Mukiri wrote:
obiero wrote:
murchr wrote:
Mukiri wrote:
obiero wrote:
Horton wrote:

Stop being naive, the Dow is correcting after the major gains made in 2017. Nothing in the likes of 2008 Financial crisis. Am beginning to think you dont even know what that entailed. Still no coin miner can explain what cryptos are, what problem are they solving?

There's absolutely nothing but anonymity in their product placement, which in itself is a huge negative that most sane economies will never support

Jatelo, there you go again. The anonymity and shroud of secrecy is the alluring bit about Crypto. The fact that a million bucks can change hands,for almost less than nothing, in seconds without anyone else being privy to the transaction.

There's an upcoming Bitcoin-Private fork borne of Zcash and Bitcoin

This statement is factually wrong
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
slick
#705 Posted : Tuesday, February 06, 2018 11:42:16 AM

In another latest blow, J.P. Morgan Chase, Bank of America and Citigroup said Friday that they decided not to allow customers to buy cryptocurrencies with the companies' credit cards.Lots of US investors have been buying cryptos with borrowed credit card money.Some even taking out a home equity loans to dip themselves into cryptos and unfortunately most bought when the price was over 15000 last December when the crypto mania was at its peak and now they are eating losses.

The trading of bitcoin in the futures market also tanked the crypto as wall street attempts to short bitcoin futures to surpress the price as cryptos compete with the elites fiat currencies thus the powers that be cannot cryptos to rise.

Wall Street has been running a pump and dump.Essentially they buy actual bitcoin on the way up as they did in December pumping it up up to nearly 20,000 USD then they buy short bitcoin futures.Once they have purchased the short futures,they dump bitcoin in mass to rip massive gains in the futures shorts that they have thus they reap gains on the way up and also on the way down.

Totally manipulated market.You cant beat wall street in this game.

Contrarian Investor and Trader.Advocate of free markets,limited government interference in the economy and sound money
Spikes
#706 Posted : Tuesday, February 06, 2018 11:52:52 AM

slick wrote:
In another latest blow, J.P. Morgan Chase, Bank of America and Citigroup said Friday that they decided not to allow customers to buy cryptocurrencies with the companies' credit cards.Lots of US investors have been buying cryptos with borrowed credit card money.Some even taking out a home equity loans to dip themselves into cryptos and unfortunately most bought when the price was over 15000 last December when the crypto mania was at its peak and now they are eating losses.

The trading of bitcoin in the futures market also tanked the crypto as wall street attempts to short bitcoin futures to surpress the price as cryptos compete with the elites fiat currencies thus the powers that be cannot cryptos to rise.

Wall Street has been running a pump and dump.Essentially they buy actual bitcoin on the way up as they did in December pumping it up up to nearly 20,000 USD then they buy short bitcoin futures.Once they have purchased the short futures,they dump bitcoin in mass to rip massive gains in the futures shorts that they have thus they reap gains on the way up and also on the way down.

Thanks for the information and analysis. This is the kind of commentary we all need in this space and not copycats of sadists spewing venom on what they know little about.
Give more brother.
Mukiri
#707 Posted : Tuesday, February 06, 2018 12:15:03 PM

Swenani wrote:
Mukiri wrote:
obiero wrote:
murchr wrote:
Mukiri wrote:
obiero wrote:
Horton wrote:

Stop being naive, the Dow is correcting after the major gains made in 2017. Nothing in the likes of 2008 Financial crisis. Am beginning to think you dont even know what that entailed. Still no coin miner can explain what cryptos are, what problem are they solving?

There's absolutely nothing but anonymity in their product placement, which in itself is a huge negative that most sane economies will never support

Jatelo, there you go again. The anonymity and shroud of secrecy is the alluring bit about Crypto. The fact that a million bucks can change hands,for almost less than nothing, in seconds without anyone else being privy to the transaction.

There's an upcoming Bitcoin-Private fork borne of Zcash and Bitcoin

This statement is factually wrong

Kizungumkuti? I'm of the opinion that you are asking me how, without wanting to seem ignorant.smile

Very possible my fren. Just like its possible to get into Crypto without sending money to anybody or exchangesmile

slick
#708 Posted : Tuesday, February 06, 2018 12:17:27 PM

Spikes wrote:
slick wrote:

Thanks for the information and analysis. This is the kind of commentary we all need in this space and not copycats of sadists spewing venom on what they know little about.
Give more brother.

As actual crypto holders cry tears on the tanking market,the wall street whales are making a killing in the leveraged short futures contracts that they bought in the Chicago Mercantile Exhange (CME) and Chicago Board Options Exchange (CBOE).This is why bitcoin futures were established in both exchanges so that wall street can cap the price of bitcoin and in extension other cryptos and can short bitcoin when they deem the price is too high.Doesnt anyone find it suspicious that there was the epic run up of bitcoin in early December just before the bitcoin futures contracts went live and as soon as the futures contracts were operational bitcoin started tanking.It was simply the pump and dump mechanism that I described earlier.
Contrarian Investor and Trader.Advocate of free markets,limited government interference in the economy and sound money
Mukiri
#709 Posted : Tuesday, February 06, 2018 12:18:54 PM

slick wrote:

Sad reality. The introduction of Bitcoin into the futures market, as unregulated and widespread as it is, spealt disaster.Sad They recently allowed more coins in addition to BTC.

On the flip-side, wall street is not about to let its cash cow collapse. If you have doubts, let this alone allay any fear.

slick
#710 Posted : Tuesday, February 06, 2018 12:43:43 PM

Mukiri wrote:
slick wrote:

Sad reality. The introduction of Bitcoin into the futures market, as unregulated and widespread as it is, spealt disaster.Sad They recently allowed more coins in addition to BTC.

On the flip-side, wall street is not about to let its cash cow collapse. If you have doubts, let this alone allay any fear.

Yeah,wall street may not allow bitcoin to collapse (they are making too much money in the pump and dump operations I described) but also they wont allow crypto prices to rise too high to threaten their fiat currency paradigm.Those who were calling for and wishing of 1 million dollar bitcoin are dreaming.Wall street will simply massively buy short futures contracts and push the prices down.First wall street will buy actual bitcoin to pump the price up sucking in naive retail investors to buy in the uptrend then once the price reaches a target that wall street deems as high enough,they will massively dump the cryptos an rake profits in the futures shorts that they bought and the pump and dump mechanism will be repeated again.

Its just how wall street works.They never lose.Naive retail investors are sucked in the uptrend then crashed in the downtrend when wall street sells and shorts the market.

Typical example is how Goldman Sachs knew by late 2007 that the US mortgage market was imploding and the Mortgage Backed Securities (MBS) and Collateralized Debt Obligations (CDO)products that they had created based on these mortgages were junk yet they sold these products to unsuspecting clients lying to them that they are solid assets yet Goldman quietly bought credit default swaps betting that the MBS and CDOs would fail.Once the mortgage meltdown unravelled in 2008,Goldman clients were decimated while Goldman made a killing from the credit default swaps short positions after pushing that AIG be bailed by the government out so as to honor the swaps they had placed with them.

Thats wall street for you.Retail investors get creamed while the bankers rake mega profits.
Spikes
#711 Posted : Tuesday, February 06, 2018 2:00:03 PM

slick wrote:
Mukiri wrote:
slick wrote:

Yeah,wall street may not allow bitcoin to collapse (they are making too much money in the pump and dump operations I described) but also they wont allow crypto prices to rise too high to threaten their fiat currency paradigm.Those who were calling for and wishing of 1 million dollar bitcoin are dreaming.Wall street will simply massively buy short futures contracts and push the prices down.First wall street will buy actual bitcoin to pump the price up sucking in naive retail investors to buy in the uptrend then once the price reaches a target that wall street deems as high enough,they will massively dump the cryptos an rake profits in the futures shorts that they bought and the pump and dump mechanism will be repeated again.

Its just how wall street works.They never lose.Naive retail investors are sucked in the uptrend then crashed in the downtrend when wall street sells and shorts the market.

Typical example is how Goldman Sachs knew by late 2007 that the US mortgage market was imploding and the Mortgage Backed Securities (MBS) and Collateralized Debt Obligations (CDO)products that they had created based on these mortgages were junk yet they sold these products to unsuspecting clients lying to them that they are solid assets yet Goldman quietly bought credit default swaps betting that the MBS and CDOs would fail.Once the mortgage meltdown unravelled in 2008,Goldman clients were decimated while Goldman made a killing from the credit default swaps short positions after pushing that AIG be bailed by the government out so as to honor the swaps they had placed with them.

Thats wall street for you.Retail investors get creamed while the bankers rake mega profits.

Wolves of wall street Applause Applause Applause
murchr
#712 Posted : Tuesday, February 06, 2018 2:45:54 PM

Hadithi Hadithi!
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
slick
#713 Posted : Tuesday, February 06, 2018 2:48:44 PM

Spikes wrote:
slick wrote:
Mukiri wrote:
slick wrote:

Wolves of wall street Applause Applause Applause

In fact the real wolf of wall street-Jordan Belfort (the guy who was serialized by Leonardo Decaprio 2013 movie Wolf of Wall Street) calls the Bitcoin price action a scam.The early adopters and wall street have been running a pump and dump.Check his following youtube links below.Kwanza these altcoins are ponzis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOSmFuSQfd4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsaU4-AUW2Y

Swenani
#714 Posted : Tuesday, February 06, 2018 3:10:15 PM

Are these opinions or facts?
mkeiy
#715 Posted : Tuesday, February 06, 2018 3:31:05 PM

Spikes wrote:
mkeiy wrote:
Mukiri wrote:
obiero wrote:
Horton wrote:

@Mukiri & @Spikes.

You use Mpesa service and you pay transactional charges. You feel satiated and delighted. Do you own the technology of Mpesa?

I own the money I have on Mpesa.
Same as money in bank account. Or is that same as cryptos as well?

Can i mine Mpesa?

Can my 1,000 KES on Mpesa appreciate?
How & why would it appreciate?

They say there is finite amount of Bitcoins. 21 million of them, has that been confirmed/verified/vouched/audited?
How was it done?
What if the number is not finite?
Swenani
#716 Posted : Tuesday, February 06, 2018 4:05:20 PM

Not sure whether we are at denial or first sale off

obiero
#717 Posted : Tuesday, February 06, 2018 5:50:54 PM

Spikes wrote:
slick wrote:

Give more brother.

Here's more brother.. Bitcoin to touch the price of zero in next few months https://www.cnbc.com/201...ouriel-roubini-says.html

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
obiero
#718 Posted : Tuesday, February 06, 2018 5:57:04 PM

Swenani wrote:

Capitulation is where we are..

obiero
#719 Posted : Tuesday, February 06, 2018 6:12:11 PM

Let me leave this here https://www.capitalfm.co...kes-stab-bitcoin-bubble/

Spikes
#720 Posted : Tuesday, February 06, 2018 6:20:02 PM

obiero wrote:
Swenani wrote:

Capitulation is where we are..

'We' with who? You hodl zero bitcoins...You don't know how to open an account at the cryptocurrency exchange and you shamelessly and proudly gloat 'capitulation is where we are..'