Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

71 Pages«<2425262728>»
Bitcoin: Does it have a future ?
obiero
#501 Posted : Thursday, January 25, 2018 7:58:12 PM

Ryko wrote:
obiero wrote:
mnandii wrote:

BITCOIN. An Elliott wave flat is completed. Another round of downswing to below $10,000 likely soon.

This one will lead to global suicide since most of the late comers are people who don't know what they got into

We are still in the Early adopters phase of Bitcoin

We are definitely in the late majority and investment blood shall be shed. Watch and learn. This is the scam of the century. A very clever plot to reap from the gullible

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
murchr
#502 Posted : Thursday, January 25, 2018 8:17:07 PM

obiero wrote:
Ryko wrote:
obiero wrote:
mnandii wrote:

BITCOIN. An Elliott wave flat is completed. Another round of downswing to below $10,000 likely soon.

This one will lead to global suicide since most of the late comers are people who don't know what they got into

We are definitely in the late majority and investment blood shall be shed. Watch and learn. This is the scam of the century. A very clever plot to reap from the gullible

Ati Early Adopters close to 10 years later Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly in the age of technology.
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
Stiffler
#503 Posted : Thursday, January 25, 2018 8:28:55 PM

murchr wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ryko wrote:
obiero wrote:
mnandii wrote:

Ati Early Adopters close to 10 years later Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly in the age of technology.

Yes,it's now that the cryptocurrency concept has become widely accepted
Swenani
#504 Posted : Thursday, January 25, 2018 8:30:53 PM

murchr wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ryko wrote:
obiero wrote:
mnandii wrote:

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
Spikes
#505 Posted : Thursday, January 25, 2018 8:34:03 PM

obiero wrote:
Ryko wrote:
obiero wrote:
mnandii wrote:

This is typical salamander noise. Nashangaa na binadamu wengine hawajui kusoma majira. We're at the foot of digital revolution . Natukifika at the pinnacle of cryptocurrency ndio mtazama ndani...herd mentality...na tutakuwa tumeshatajirika and rocket rally mantra will be dead.
John 5:17 But Jesus replied, “My Father is always working, and so am I.”
Ryko
#506 Posted : Thursday, January 25, 2018 8:59:19 PM

murchr wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ryko wrote:
obiero wrote:
mnandii wrote:

Adoption definition: "..accepting or starting to use something new"

Basically number of years do not matter whether 10, 20 or 30. Acceptance and use of Bitcoin is the important aspect i.e adoption can be measured by the number of transactions now compared to early years. Today you can go to localbitcoin and make a bitcoin transaction easily, its now easy to trade million(Ksh) on short notice than it was 6 months or 1 year ago.
I work so I can afford the amount of alcohol required to continue going to work
murchr
#507 Posted : Thursday, January 25, 2018 9:09:06 PM

Ryko wrote:
murchr wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ryko wrote:
obiero wrote:
mnandii wrote:

Adoption definition: "..accepting or starting to use something new"

Basically number of years do not matter whether 10, 20 or 30. Acceptance and use of Bitcoin is the important aspect i.e adoption can be measured by the number of transactions now compared to early years. Today you can go to localbitcoin and make a bitcoin transaction easily, its now easy to trade million(Ksh) on short notice than it was 6 months or 1 year ago.

Early adopters were the likes selling coc on the dark web. Nyinyi ni ma laggards.
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
Ryko
#508 Posted : Thursday, January 25, 2018 9:09:08 PM

obiero wrote:
Ryko wrote:
obiero wrote:
mnandii wrote:

Well their is a chance of "investment blood" to be shed, but you being an expert in stocks understands very well about the counter measures to this. i.e.

Approaching cryptocurrencies like a Venture Captital.

Most venture capital invest in to crypto, once they triple their investments, they sell off the original investment and cash out. They then ride the profit and keep multiplying the profits. As the profits multiply, they cash out in percentages and invest in to new cryptos.

In a situation where you have cashed out your initial investment how will their be investment blood shed? We all riding on profits..
I work so I can afford the amount of alcohol required to continue going to work
Mukiri
#509 Posted : Thursday, January 25, 2018 9:17:46 PM

Too much noise here. Akin to Muslims and Christians trying to convert each other! Won't happen. Why not give it a breakPray I log in here to get and share information but all these back and forth is an eye sore. Why don't you pro and con crypto fanatics, use your energy for something else?

January has been a correction period for Bitcoin. 2015 Jan 13-14th = -43%, 2016 Jan 8-16th = -22%, 2017 Jan 5-11th = -32%, 2018 Jan 7-16th = -35% We have a BTC futures contract expiring tomorrow, which might see BTC plummet even further.

Anyone suffering a loss, needs to evaluate their trading/investing strategy. A time to reflect. Anyone who'd like to test the waters, this is a window of opportunity. As for those using the current situation to b*tch doomsday, here's a word... 'Misery loves company'! Get a life. Those trying to sweet-talk them, heres a word... 'Insanity is doing the same thing over and over, expecting different results'

@Admin.. You have been kind, once before to bring back the Sunday Sermon's thread after it was flooded with negativity. The same negativity I'm seeing here. This is a humble request, for (I can start) a thread PURELY for Crypto-currency CARTOONS, without any drama whatsoever. Please Admin

Proverbs 19:21
obiero
#510 Posted : Thursday, January 25, 2018 9:32:17 PM

Mukiri wrote:
Too much noise here. Akin to Muslims and Christians trying to convert each other! Won't happen. Why not give it a breakPray I log in here to get and share information but all these back and forth is an eye sore. Why don't you pro and con crypto fanatics, use your energy for something else?

January has been a correction period for Bitcoin. 2015 Jan 13-14th = -43%, 2016 Jan 8-16th = -22%, 2017 Jan 5-11th = -32%, 2018 Jan 7-16th = -35% We have a BTC futures contract expiring tomorrow, which might see BTC plummet even further.

Anyone suffering a loss, needs to evaluate their trading/investing strategy. A time to reflect. Anyone who'd like to test the waters, this is a window of opportunity. As for those using the current situation to b*tch doomsday, here's a word... 'Misery loves company'! Get a life. Those trying to sweet-talk them, heres a word... 'Insanity is doing the same thing over and over, expecting different results'

@Admin.. You have been kind, once before to bring back the Sunday Sermon's thread after it was flooded with negativity. The same negativity I'm seeing here. This is a humble request, for (I can start) a thread PURELY for Crypto-currency CARTOONS, without any drama whatsoever. Please Admin

Well said https://www.express.co.u...in-cryptocurrency-latest

mnandii
#511 Posted : Friday, January 26, 2018 9:48:37 AM

Quote:
When powerful new technologies emerge, they attract droves of investors. We saw it with the internet sector in the late 1990s. At the time, we described it as a bubble in the making.

Obviously the internet survived the bubble--and now thrives. But many investors' portfolios didn't.

We expect the same with Bitcoin. The blockchain technology that's behind it and other cryptocurrencies holds great potential. But unprepared investors, oblivious to the big picture, will see -- and have already seen -- their positions get run over.

"I WOULDN'T TOUCH BITCOIN: RISK OF COLLAPSE TOO BIG", DEC 2017
Conventional thinkers waste time building shelters when they are unnecessary and then have no shelters when they need them the most. Socionomists do the opposite.
Mukiri
#512 Posted : Friday, January 26, 2018 10:23:24 AM

mnandii wrote:
Quote:
When powerful new technologies emerge, they attract droves of investors. We saw it with the internet sector in the late 1990s. At the time, we described it as a bubble in the making.

Obviously the internet survived the bubble--and now thrives. But many investors' portfolios didn't.

We expect the same with Bitcoin. The blockchain technology that's behind it and other cryptocurrencies holds great potential. But unprepared investors, oblivious to the big picture, will see -- and have already seen -- their positions get run over.

"I WOULDN'T TOUCH BITCOIN: RISK OF COLLAPSE TOO BIG", DEC 2017

Maybe you felt obliged to say your piece. Hope you feel much better. Moving on swiftly...

Might there be a cartoon today?

mufasa
#513 Posted : Saturday, January 27, 2018 7:34:47 AM

The risk grows bigger....Tokyo-based cryptocurrency exchange hacked, losing $530 million

Do it today! Tomorrow is promise to no-one.
obiero
#514 Posted : Saturday, January 27, 2018 7:54:10 AM

The worst is yet to come. Wakenya wanaweka pesa kwa servers zenye hata hawajawai ona. Na hapa Chase na Imperial zilianguka. Mtajua hamjui. Thank me later

Spikes
#515 Posted : Saturday, January 27, 2018 8:41:44 AM

obiero wrote:

The worst is yet to come. Wakenya wanaweka pesa kwa servers zenye hata hawajawai ona. Na hapa Chase na Imperial zilianguka. Mtajua hamjui. Thank me later

Kumbe sadists ni wengi hapa Wazua.
Even banks are hacked but you still put your money there. Why can't you put your money under the mattress since banks are vulnerable?
John 5:17 But Jesus replied, “My Father is always working, and so am I.”
obiero
#516 Posted : Saturday, January 27, 2018 9:09:35 AM

Spikes wrote:
obiero wrote:

Even banks are hacked but you still put your money there. Why can't you put your money under the mattress since banks are vulnerable?

Bank-held money is insured and so long as you didn't compromise the access to funds you will be refunded either by the bank or KDIC. Is your chosen bitcoin exchange insured ama the thrill of price appreciation overcame rational thinking?

Mukiri
#517 Posted : Saturday, January 27, 2018 11:51:03 AM

obiero wrote:
Spikes wrote:
obiero wrote:

Bank-held money is insured and so long as you didn't compromise the access to funds you will be refunded either by the bank or KDIC. Is your chosen bitcoin exchange insured ama the thrill of price appreciation overcame rational thinking?

Yes. Leaving your coins in an exchange is a suicide move. Ever since days of MtGox, which brought about one of the biggest depreciation Bitcoin has ever seen. Lasted a while too.

To mitigate this, there are several options. Top of the list is a Physical (offline) wallet. There's Keepkey, Trezor and (the best in my opinion) Ledger Nano. A wise investor would be well advised to get himself one.

Angelica _ann
#518 Posted : Saturday, January 27, 2018 3:06:55 PM

Copy+ paste

Aemelia:
Snipets from Today's session on Cryptocurrency at Strathmore Business School.

1. Dr. Bitange Ndemo, Professor of Entrepreneurship and innovation at UoN Business school.

-No Government in the world can succeed in fighting technology.

-Banks are the largest corporate investors in crypto currencies.. I will not tell you to be cautious.. Go ahead and Invest.. Amid applause.

-I have a gut feeling Bitcoin will soon hit $50,000.

-It is may be a risky investment but it will definitely change the world.

-If Africa wants to move out of poverty, the only way out is to adopt crypt currencies.

-If possible launch our own African crypto currency.

-Hanging on the dollar or even to our shillings will not take us far.

-BTC dispensing machines to be launched next month in Kenya.

2. Dr. Robert Muthuri, Legal Knowledge Engineer in Kenya

-The legal environment is evolving fast around crypto currencies.

-The internet was initially thought to be immune to regulation.. The same will happen to Crypto currencies.. Some form of regulation will eventually take root in Kenya.

-For now It’s advisable you only deal with traders that have have verifiedY their identities at the Bitcoin & other crypto exchanges.

-In the eyes of conventional eco system.. Bitcoin is currently unregulated but in the eyes of the developers it is self regulated.. Is it a matter of perception? Perhaps they will meet in the middle at some point.

-There are 3 types of regulation: 1. State regulation, 2. Core regulation 3. Self regulation... Usually state regulation comes when self regulation in non existent or fails and eventually the ideal is core regulation - a balance of the two.

-Mpesa was once described as a form of Anglo leasing and the president was being urged to stop it by the then Minister of Finance...

-We are still in the phase of early adoption.. It looks disruptive.. It looks primo... Will you be part of the early majority or the laggards who will have no choice but to adopt? Only time will tell.
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
obiero
#519 Posted : Saturday, January 27, 2018 4:21:54 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
Copy+ paste

Aemelia:

1. Dr. Bitange Ndemo, Professor of Entrepreneurship and innovation at UoN Business school.

-Banks are the largest corporate investors in crypto currencies.. I will not tell you to be cautious.. Go ahead and Invest.. Amid applause.

-If Africa wants to move out of poverty, the only way out is to adopt crypt currencies.

-The internet was initially thought to be immune to regulation.. The same will happen to Crypto currencies.. Some form of regulation will eventually take root in Kenya.

-For now It’s advisable you only deal with traders that have have verifiedY their identities at the Bitcoin & other crypto exchanges.

-In the eyes of conventional eco system.. Bitcoin is currently unregulated but in the eyes of the developers it is self regulated.. Is it a matter of perception? Perhaps they will meet in the middle at some point.

-There are 3 types of regulation: 1. State regulation, 2. Core regulation 3. Self regulation... Usually state regulation comes when self regulation in non existent or fails and eventually the ideal is core regulation - a balance of the two.

-Mpesa was once described as a form of Anglo leasing and the president was being urged to stop it by the then Minister of Finance...

-We are still in the phase of early adoption.. It looks disruptive.. It looks primo... Will you be part of the early majority or the laggards who will have no choice but to adopt? Only time will tell.

mpesa helps clean dirty money and if you don't believe that, kindly check the videos of the indicted cops in recent IPOA reviews. especially in its first few years, when KYC wasn't proper.. Bitcoin on the other hand is anonymity on steroids

ayushnehra
#520 Posted : Saturday, January 27, 2018 8:23:09 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
Copy+ paste

Aemelia:

All points made are fair.

Though one must notice that Bitcoin is not too far from reaching its limit of 20/21 million in volume. The only factor that would drive it to $50,000 is when the limit is reached and it becomes a scarce commodity in the market and there is manipulated drive of demand.

The aspect of adopting a cryptocurrency is very positive as indeed it is the future will direct itself though I would suggest looking into alternatives like Ethereum. Bitcoin was made way ahead of its time and has certain limitations such as time taken to conduct a transaction, even the time taken to mine is rather long. Don't forget the first users were those of the Dark Web, it provided them with anonymity.

Ethereum which is rather new in comparison has a more fluid technology behind it, & It fulfils the main principle behind the cryptocurrencies - transparency. Russain President Putin is already in talks with one of the founders to work together to form a partnership of some sort. (Though I must admit that ironically Russia is also having the highest BTC per capita in the world.) If you really want to risk why not give ETH a chance, its value is only similar to that of Bitcoin a year ago. you never what may happen in the coming months.

Nonetheless, no one can say which crypto is the best. I can only push fellow investors to read and understand the technology before investing in any of the cryptos. Don't follow the herd for the sake of it. Kenyans at the moment are playing it too risky.
Dreams are not the thing you see in your sleep..it's the thing that doesn't let you sleep. - A.P.J. Abdul Kalam