wazua Fri, Apr 19, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

71 Pages«<1112131415>»
Bitcoin: Does it have a future ?
murchr
#241 Posted : Friday, January 05, 2018 8:27:47 AM

obiero wrote:
snifadog wrote:
why is MPESA a currency? is it not just a payments channel at its core?

While on the phone it's not in cash so indeed it is a currency in my view. A digital currency

What about your visa card?
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
ngapat
#242 Posted : Friday, January 05, 2018 9:06:44 AM

Afroblk wrote:
Aspiring Expert wrote:
Stiffler wrote:
Aspiring Expert wrote:
Hi Stiffler. How do you go about buying cryptos if I may ask? Which exchanges do you use?

Hey
I trade on Bitfinex

- one of the largest exchanges in the world

Thanks for that. I have also looked into binance, it has pretty good reviews; I will decide on one of the two.

I would also like to ask which platforms you guys are using to purchase the bitcoin from kenya shillings. Localbitcoins and remitano btc prices are way above the market price $13k vis a vis KES1.6mil. Considering all the transaction & spread costs, are the prices fair or are there better alternatives for kenyan tradérs residing in Kenya?

Any advice on how you are going about this is highly appreciated.

I use Binance, Bittrex, HitBTC, Bitstamp, and Coinbase. I tell you, sometimes you have to use multiple exchanges for various reasons. You load your money to Coinbase OR Bitstamp, or whatever platform you use in Kenya. You then buy Bitcoin or Ethereum and transfer to the other exchanges to trade other currencies. I would srongly recommend you use Ethereum to trade rather than Bitcoin. It has cheaper transaction fees and the transaction speed is way faster than Bitcoin's. Bittrex has the least amount of fees charged while HitBTC has the highest. I personally like Binance (it has a great user interface and easy to navigate for newbies). Bittrex is also great, I use it to buy more volatile coins that are not listed on Binance. HitBTC is the exchange that lists the most ICOs, so you;re more likely to get more cheaper coins on this exchange than most, plus it has an embedded chat platform where people can interact with the crypto community and get to see what's the next big coin.

Recommended coins for newbies to buy;
a) Ripple (XRP), currently at $2.26 (Most major exchanges)
b) Verge (XVG), currently at $0.20 (Most major exchanges)
c) Cardano (ADA), currently at $0.70 (Most major exchanges)
d) Stella Lumens (XLM), currently at $0.43 (Most major exchanges)
e) Funfair (FUN), currently at $0.09 (Most major exchanges)

I'm hodling the following coins long term (1-3 years) in adddition to the five coins above. Yes, 1 year in crypto is like 5 years in the stock market.

New Economy Movement (XEM) - $1.07 (Bittrex/HitBTC)
ICON (ICX) - $5.86 (Binance/HitBTC)
Aeron (ARN) - $0.72 (Binance/HitBTC)
IOTA - $3.58 (Binance/Bitfinex)
DENT - $0.01 (HitBTC)
CannabisCoin (CANN) - $0.35 (Bittrex)
DOPE - $0.26 (Bittrex)
Tron (TRX) - $0.04 (Binance/HitBTC)
GAS - $30 - (Binance/Poloniex)
AdEx (ADX) - $2.87 (Binance/HitBTC)
Power Ledger (POWR) -$1.03 (Binance/Bittrex)
Status (SNT) - $0.27 (Binance/Bittrex/HitBTC)
OmiseGo (OMG) - $19 (All major exchanges)

As you can see I opt for cheaper coins but I'll buy a few expensive ones if I'm confident they'll do great in the long term. It's easy for a $0.10 coin to move to $1 than a $30 coin to $300...same gain.

ICON (ICX) for example is building the world's largest decentralized network and it'll be backed by some Korean officials. GAS on the other hand is the token currency to be used on the NEO network and there are only 9M coins in supply!!! The most undervalued coin in my opinion is Aeron (ARN), it's solving aviation record keeping problem and there are only 12M in circulation! This is a $300 coin in a few years, currently trading at $0.85. Both GAS and ARN will moon as soon as folks know what they really are.

Useful Resources;

a) www.coinmarketcap.com (Useful info on all listed coins/tokens)
b) www.cointracking.info (Useful for tracking you portfolio)
c) www.coincheckup.com (Useful for checking how healthy a coin is)
d) www.bitcointalk.org (latest news and forums for the crypto community)
e) www.coindesk.com (Crypto news)
f) ww.github.com (Very useful in seeing if the developers are keeping the coins upto date)

Wallets;

For your long term coins, I'd recommend getting a hardware wallet like Trezor or Ledger Nano (but they range from $60-$120) so might be useful for high dollar coins. Otherwise mobile or desktop client wallets will do just fine. I personally use desktop client wallets for the top five coins listed above. Just go to their official website and download or from approved sources like github.

To learn how the basic chart reading, i'd recommend to watch the following video...there are so many out there but I found this one to be good for beginners.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPVAn4HQDA8

What MAN. I bought ARN yesterday at 1.20. I've woken up today to find it at 4.52 in less than 24hrs. Problem is i only bought 72 ARN. Wish i bought more.
Also bought 102 trx @0.20 and 2004 XVG @ 0.18. Waiting for them to moon.
I should have bought more Aeron (ARN) though
“Invest in yourself. Your career is the engine of your wealth.”
Stiffler
#243 Posted : Friday, January 05, 2018 11:04:49 AM

ngapat wrote:
Afroblk wrote:
Aspiring Expert wrote:
Stiffler wrote:
Aspiring Expert wrote:
Hi Stiffler. How do you go about buying cryptos if I may ask? Which exchanges do you use?

Hey
I trade on Bitfinex

Thanks for that. I have also looked into binance, it has pretty good reviews; I will decide on one of the two.

I would also like to ask which platforms you guys are using to purchase the bitcoin from kenya shillings. Localbitcoins and remitano btc prices are way above the market price $13k vis a vis KES1.6mil. Considering all the transaction & spread costs, are the prices fair or are there better alternatives for kenyan tradérs residing in Kenya?

I use Binance, Bittrex, HitBTC, Bitstamp, and Coinbase. I tell you, sometimes you have to use multiple exchanges for various reasons. You load your money to Coinbase OR Bitstamp, or whatever platform you use in Kenya. You then buy Bitcoin or Ethereum and transfer to the other exchanges to trade other currencies. I would srongly recommend you use Ethereum to trade rather than Bitcoin. It has cheaper transaction fees and the transaction speed is way faster than Bitcoin's. Bittrex has the least amount of fees charged while HitBTC has the highest. I personally like Binance (it has a great user interface and easy to navigate for newbies). Bittrex is also great, I use it to buy more volatile coins that are not listed on Binance. HitBTC is the exchange that lists the most ICOs, so you;re more likely to get more cheaper coins on this exchange than most, plus it has an embedded chat platform where people can interact with the crypto community and get to see what's the next big coin.

I'm hodling the following coins long term (1-3 years) in adddition to the five coins above. Yes, 1 year in crypto is like 5 years in the stock market.

DENT - $0.01 (HitBTC)
DOPE - $0.26 (Bittrex)

As you can see I opt for cheaper coins but I'll buy a few expensive ones if I'm confident they'll do great in the long term. It's easy for a $0.10 coin to move to $1 than a $30 coin to $300...same gain.

ICON (ICX) for example is building the world's largest decentralized network and it'll be backed by some Korean officials. GAS on the other hand is the token currency to be used on the NEO network and there are only 9M coins in supply!!! The most undervalued coin in my opinion is Aeron (ARN), it's solving aviation record keeping problem and there are only 12M in circulation! This is a $300 coin in a few years, currently trading at $0.85. Both GAS and ARN will moon as soon as folks know what they really are.

Useful Resources;

f) ww.github.com (Very useful in seeing if the developers are keeping the coins upto date)

Wallets;

For your long term coins, I'd recommend getting a hardware wallet like Trezor or Ledger Nano (but they range from $60-$120) so might be useful for high dollar coins. Otherwise mobile or desktop client wallets will do just fine. I personally use desktop client wallets for the top five coins listed above. Just go to their official website and download or from approved sources like github.

To learn how the basic chart reading, i'd recommend to watch the following video...there are so many out there but I found this one to be good for beginners.

What MAN. I bought ARN yesterday at 1.20. I've woken up today to find it at 4.52 in less than 24hrs. Problem is i only bought 72 ARN. Wish i bought more.

The Power of Cryptocurrency..... At the rate this rate becoming a millionaire might be a walk in the Park. Read somewhere of how the Cofounder of Ripple had overtaken Wallen Buffet as the Richest man in the world.......
maka
#244 Posted : Friday, January 05, 2018 11:27:06 AM

ngapat wrote:
Afroblk wrote:
Aspiring Expert wrote:
Stiffler wrote:
Aspiring Expert wrote:

Hey
I trade on Bitfinex

DENT - $0.01 (HitBTC)
DOPE - $0.26 (Bittrex)

Useful Resources;

Wallets;

Crazy...smile

Am looking at TRX long term....10X smile
possunt quia posse videntur
Mukiri
#245 Posted : Friday, January 05, 2018 11:40:58 AM

FOMO => Fear of Missing Out

then tables turn and market misbehaves

FUD => Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt.

It is no walk in the park. Can be addictive. Can even make you sell your house. You had better learn to control your emotion, or any profit you make (that is if you make any) will be used up by your doctor

Proverbs 19:21
iris
#246 Posted : Friday, January 05, 2018 12:55:44 PM

ngapat
#247 Posted : Friday, January 05, 2018 2:13:20 PM

ARN touches USD 6.35. Very volatile though. Big price swings up and down
Stiffler
#248 Posted : Friday, January 05, 2018 4:46:10 PM

These Coins are too volatile.......
ngapat
#249 Posted : Friday, January 05, 2018 8:06:03 PM

ARN touches 10 usd. madness
Mukiri
#250 Posted : Saturday, January 06, 2018 4:19:39 AM

ngapat wrote:

Yenyewe this one has outdone itself. It's doubled my Binance portfolio, in at 6200 sats. I'm not even sure what to do with it any more, incase it correctsd'oh!

Mukiri
#251 Posted : Saturday, January 06, 2018 5:01:25 AM

Mukiri wrote:
ngapat wrote:

Yenyewe this one has outdone itself. It's doubled my Binance portfolio, in at 6200 sats. I'm not even sure what to do with it any more, incase it correctsd'oh!

There's another aviation coin @ICO hyped by Macfee recently Finacoin

Stiffler
#252 Posted : Saturday, January 06, 2018 8:34:34 AM

That Macfee guy is dubious.....
snifadog
#253 Posted : Saturday, January 06, 2018 12:31:46 PM

wazua is quiet lately, wondering if everyone has quietly jumped into the crypto and they are too busy riding the volatility waves
Stiffler
#254 Posted : Saturday, January 06, 2018 5:28:52 PM

snifadog wrote:
wazua is quiet lately, wondering if everyone has quietly jumped into the crypto and they are too busy riding the volatility waves

People are busy reaping.....
Stiffler
#255 Posted : Saturday, January 06, 2018 5:40:27 PM

Thinking of creating a WhatsApp group to share information on Cryptos, anyone here interested......
Mukiri
#256 Posted : Sunday, January 07, 2018 3:13:51 AM

Stiffler wrote:
Thinking of creating a WhatsApp group to share information on Cryptos, anyone here interested......

I'd be interested in a Telegram group. Whatsapp has a limit as to the numer of people it can accommodate. Couple that with the fact that whatsapp doesn't have a desktop application, which ends up clogging the phone's memory and the anonymity.

Just so you know, there's one by the local blockchain community, but it would be great to have this one run by Wazua's great minds. More so if we can have @Karasinga's insights there.

Please put up the linksmile

Stiffler
#257 Posted : Sunday, January 07, 2018 7:50:23 AM

Mukiri wrote:
Stiffler wrote:

I'd be interested in a Telegram group. Whatsapp has a limit as to the numer of people it can accommodate. Couple that with the fact that whatsapp doesn't have a desktop application, which ends up clogging the phone's memory and the anonymity.

Just so you know, there's one by the local blockchain community, but it would be great to have this one run by Wazua's great minds. More so if we can have @Karasinga's insights there.

Please put up the linksmile

Yes Telegram is better
I realized sometimes people post info here and getting them to clarify takes ages or never happens
Here's the link, let's see if indeed there's interest for that....

https://t.me/joinchat/B2a3bA_5c-ZMHILnRGYyxg
Spikes
#258 Posted : Monday, January 08, 2018 5:57:37 PM

How deep is the price correction? Anybody with cutting edge analysis?
John 5:17 But Jesus replied, “My Father is always working, and so am I.”
Stiffler
#259 Posted : Monday, January 08, 2018 6:07:37 PM

Spikes wrote:
How deep is the price correction? Anybody with cutting edge analysis?

https://www.newsbtc.com/...ysis-eth-usd-break-1200/
maka
#260 Posted : Monday, January 08, 2018 8:27:47 PM

Today was a very bad day....
possunt quia posse videntur