wazua Sun, Apr 28, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

71 Pages«<1011121314>»
Bitcoin: Does it have a future ?
Stiffler
#221 Posted : Tuesday, January 02, 2018 7:40:03 PM

At the rate people are making money, I am tempted to start an ICO or mine own cryptocurrency .....
Remember the success of the Joke Currency (Dogecoin)
Nowadays people simply need anything ending with cryptocurrency.....
Wororo
#222 Posted : Tuesday, January 02, 2018 10:38:30 PM

Wororo
#223 Posted : Tuesday, January 02, 2018 10:44:53 PM

North Korea hackers mining cryptocurrency Monero...

They've resulted to hacking/mining Monero Crypto's so as to make cash as the sanctions bite hard...

Unregulated and decentralized cash/crypto's might end up being a huge threat to both continental and global peace if things remain so...
Afroblk
#224 Posted : Wednesday, January 03, 2018 11:24:55 AM

Aspiring Expert wrote:
Thanks @Afroblk and @Stiffler for the information, the useful resources cited are invaluable. Venturing into cryptos is no joke 😥.
I actually purchased some btc from localbitcoins yesterday and bought a few raiblocks, I have gathered that it may have some potential for growth.
I then registered myself into binance & bitstamp (bitfinex is not accepting new clients for the next 2 wks); I will hopefully be verified by the two soon.

Afroblk, when loading your money/ fiat into bitstamp, do you use the international bank/ wire transfer option? If so, how long does it typically take for the exchange to credit your account?

I once used a wire to fund my Coinbase account and it freaking took 5 days :O You can miss upto 300% gains in 5 days...smh. So I load with debit/credit card. You can use your debit/credit card on Bitstamp, Changelly, and others.

Mukiri wrote:
Afroblk wrote:
Aspiring Expert wrote:
Stiffler wrote:
Aspiring Expert wrote:
Hi Stiffler. How do you go about buying cryptos if I may ask? Which exchanges do you use?

Hey
I trade on Bitfinex

- one of the largest exchanges in the world

Thanks for that. I have also looked into binance, it has pretty good reviews; I will decide on one of the two.

I would also like to ask which platforms you guys are using to purchase the bitcoin from kenya shillings. Localbitcoins and remitano btc prices are way above the market price $13k vis a vis KES1.6mil. Considering all the transaction & spread costs, are the prices fair or are there better alternatives for kenyan tradérs residing in Kenya?

Any advice on how you are going about this is highly appreciated.

I use Binance, Bittrex, HitBTC, Bitstamp, and Coinbase. I tell you, sometimes you have to use multiple exchanges for various reasons. You load your money to Coinbase OR Bitstamp, or whatever platform you use in Kenya. You then buy Bitcoin or Ethereum and transfer to the other exchanges to trade other currencies. I would srongly recommend you use Ethereum to trade rather than Bitcoin. It has cheaper transaction fees and the transaction speed is way faster than Bitcoin's. Bittrex has the least amount of fees charged while HitBTC has the highest. I personally like Binance (it has a great user interface and easy to navigate for newbies). Bittrex is also great, I use it to buy more volatile coins that are not listed on Binance. HitBTC is the exchange that lists the most ICOs, so you;re more likely to get more cheaper coins on this exchange than most, plus it has an embedded chat platform where people can interact with the crypto community and get to see what's the next big coin.

Recommended coins for newbies to buy;
a) Ripple (XRP), currently at $2.26 (Most major exchanges)
b) Verge (XVG), currently at $0.20 (Most major exchanges)
c) Cardano (ADA), currently at $0.70 (Most major exchanges)
d) Stella Lumens (XLM), currently at $0.43 (Most major exchanges)
e) Funfair (FUN), currently at $0.09 (Most major exchanges)

I'm hodling the following coins long term (1-3 years) in adddition to the five coins above. Yes, 1 year in crypto is like 5 years in the stock market.

New Economy Movement (XEM) - $1.07 (Bittrex/HitBTC)
ICON (ICX) - $5.86 (Binance/HitBTC)
Aeron (ARN) - $0.72 (Binance/HitBTC)
IOTA - $3.58 (Binance/Bitfinex)
DENT - $0.01 (HitBTC)
CannabisCoin (CANN) - $0.35 (Bittrex)
DOPE - $0.26 (Bittrex)

Tron (TRX) - $0.04 (Binance/HitBTC)
GAS - $30 - (Binance/Poloniex)
AdEx (ADX) - $2.87 (Binance/HitBTC)
Power Ledger (POWR) -$1.03 (Binance/Bittrex)
Status (SNT) - $0.27 (Binance/Bittrex/HitBTC)
OmiseGo (OMG) - $19 (All major exchanges)

As you can see I opt for cheaper coins but I'll buy a few expensive ones if I'm confident they'll do great in the long term. It's easy for a $0.10 coin to move to $1 than a $30 coin to $300...same gain.

ICON (ICX) for example is building the world's largest decentralized network and it'll be backed by some Korean officials. GAS on the other hand is the token currency to be used on the NEO network and there are only 9M coins in supply!!! The most undervalued coin in my opinion is Aeron (ARN), it's solving aviation record keeping problem and there are only 12M in circulation! This is a $300 coin in a few years, currently trading at $0.85. Both GAS and ARN will moon as soon as folks know what they really are.

Useful Resources;

a) www.coinmarketcap.com (Useful info on all listed coins/tokens)
b) www.cointracking.info (Useful for tracking you portfolio)
c) www.coincheckup.com (Useful for checking how healthy a coin is)
d) www.bitcointalk.org (latest news and forums for the crypto community)
e) www.coindesk.com (Crypto news)
f) ww.github.com (Very useful in seeing if the developers are keeping the coins upto date)

Wallets;

For your long term coins, I'd recommend getting a hardware wallet like Trezor or Ledger Nano (but they range from $60-$120) so might be useful for high dollar coins. Otherwise mobile or desktop client wallets will do just fine. I personally use desktop client wallets for the top five coins listed above. Just go to their official website and download or from approved sources like github.

To learn how the basic chart reading, i'd recommend to watch the following video...there are so many out there but I found this one to be good for beginners.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPVAn4HQDA8

Applause Applause Applause
But hio bangi ni mingiPray

LMAO...True but that's where the money is. I actually bought two Cannabis stocks today TRTC and CVSI :) Today was the first day Californians were able to buy Marijuana for recreational purposes...so we all got to cash in on that!!
Knowledge is contagious...Infect truth!
obiero
#225 Posted : Wednesday, January 03, 2018 12:40:40 PM

Afroblk wrote:
Aspiring Expert wrote:
Thanks @Afroblk and @Stiffler for the information, the useful resources cited are invaluable. Venturing into cryptos is no joke 😥.
I actually purchased some btc from localbitcoins yesterday and bought a few raiblocks, I have gathered that it may have some potential for growth.
I then registered myself into binance & bitstamp (bitfinex is not accepting new clients for the next 2 wks); I will hopefully be verified by the two soon.

Afroblk, when loading your money/ fiat into bitstamp, do you use the international bank/ wire transfer option? If so, how long does it typically take for the exchange to credit your account?

Jesus take the wheel
I once used a wire to fund my Coinbase account and it freaking took 5 days :O You can miss upto 300% gains in 5 days...smh. So I load with debit/credit card. You can use your debit/credit card on Bitstamp, Changelly, and others.

Mukiri wrote:
Afroblk wrote:
Aspiring Expert wrote:
Stiffler wrote:
Aspiring Expert wrote:
Hi Stiffler. How do you go about buying cryptos if I may ask? Which exchanges do you use?

Hey
I trade on Bitfinex

Thanks for that. I have also looked into binance, it has pretty good reviews; I will decide on one of the two.

I would also like to ask which platforms you guys are using to purchase the bitcoin from kenya shillings. Localbitcoins and remitano btc prices are way above the market price $13k vis a vis KES1.6mil. Considering all the transaction & spread costs, are the prices fair or are there better alternatives for kenyan tradérs residing in Kenya?

I use Binance, Bittrex, HitBTC, Bitstamp, and Coinbase. I tell you, sometimes you have to use multiple exchanges for various reasons. You load your money to Coinbase OR Bitstamp, or whatever platform you use in Kenya. You then buy Bitcoin or Ethereum and transfer to the other exchanges to trade other currencies. I would srongly recommend you use Ethereum to trade rather than Bitcoin. It has cheaper transaction fees and the transaction speed is way faster than Bitcoin's. Bittrex has the least amount of fees charged while HitBTC has the highest. I personally like Binance (it has a great user interface and easy to navigate for newbies). Bittrex is also great, I use it to buy more volatile coins that are not listed on Binance. HitBTC is the exchange that lists the most ICOs, so you;re more likely to get more cheaper coins on this exchange than most, plus it has an embedded chat platform where people can interact with the crypto community and get to see what's the next big coin.

I'm hodling the following coins long term (1-3 years) in adddition to the five coins above. Yes, 1 year in crypto is like 5 years in the stock market.

DENT - $0.01 (HitBTC)
DOPE - $0.26 (Bittrex)

As you can see I opt for cheaper coins but I'll buy a few expensive ones if I'm confident they'll do great in the long term. It's easy for a $0.10 coin to move to $1 than a $30 coin to $300...same gain.

ICON (ICX) for example is building the world's largest decentralized network and it'll be backed by some Korean officials. GAS on the other hand is the token currency to be used on the NEO network and there are only 9M coins in supply!!! The most undervalued coin in my opinion is Aeron (ARN), it's solving aviation record keeping problem and there are only 12M in circulation! This is a $300 coin in a few years, currently trading at $0.85. Both GAS and ARN will moon as soon as folks know what they really are.

Useful Resources;

f) ww.github.com (Very useful in seeing if the developers are keeping the coins upto date)

Wallets;

For your long term coins, I'd recommend getting a hardware wallet like Trezor or Ledger Nano (but they range from $60-$120) so might be useful for high dollar coins. Otherwise mobile or desktop client wallets will do just fine. I personally use desktop client wallets for the top five coins listed above. Just go to their official website and download or from approved sources like github.

To learn how the basic chart reading, i'd recommend to watch the following video...there are so many out there but I found this one to be good for beginners.

LMAO...True but that's where the money is. I actually bought two Cannabis stocks today TRTC and CVSI :) Today was the first day Californians were able to buy Marijuana for recreational purposes...so we all got to cash in on that!!

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
mamilli
#226 Posted : Thursday, January 04, 2018 11:30:38 AM

Afroblk wrote:
Aspiring Expert wrote:
Stiffler wrote:
Aspiring Expert wrote:

Hey
I trade on Bitfinex

DENT - $0.01 (HitBTC)
DOPE - $0.26 (Bittrex)

Useful Resources;

Wallets;

@Afroblk,most of your altcoin picks are on steroids...XRP,ADA,XLM,XEM,XVG na kadhalika,this is bananas.@Mukiri,mimi bado iko mashambani.
Never lose your position in a bull market,BTFD.
snifadog
#227 Posted : Thursday, January 04, 2018 11:56:31 AM

now is probably not the time to buy these altcoins after they have mooned, the market is on steroids though. what is the next x100 coin that's the million dollar question. literally.
obiero
#228 Posted : Thursday, January 04, 2018 12:14:52 PM

snifadog wrote:
now is probably not the time to buy these altcoins after they have mooned, the market is on steroids though. what is the next x100 coin that's the million dollar question. literally.

Ripple? And while at it, why can't Mpesa be termed/legitimized as a Cryptocurrency

snifadog
#229 Posted : Thursday, January 04, 2018 12:21:24 PM

why is MPESA a currency? is it not just a payments channel at its core?
Museveni
#230 Posted : Thursday, January 04, 2018 12:27:55 PM

obiero wrote:
snifadog wrote:

Ripple? And while at it, why can't Mpesa be termed/legitimized as a Cryptocurrency

Limits.. Limits.. Limits

and a central point of failure (operator network)
Live and learn; and don’t forget, nothing ventured, nothing gained.
Ryko
#231 Posted : Thursday, January 04, 2018 12:29:51 PM

snifadog wrote:

I am also wondering how people are buying coins now. Anyone who put in peanuts i.e 50k back in July/Aug is a millionare. This market is scary... Literally every ICO exploded...every day new heights.

Alt market is heading to one Trillion soonest, Bitcoin might stagnate in 15k range for a few weeks actually its dominance might be touching 20% soon.

I think newbies focussed on Bitcoin so much they forgot ICOs and other coins back in August. Now everyone it talking Ripple today you cant even imagine it was 15 cents a few months ago the other day.
Long Live Crypto!!

I work so I can afford the amount of alcohol required to continue going to work
Museveni
#232 Posted : Thursday, January 04, 2018 12:32:46 PM

Afroblk wrote:
Aspiring Expert wrote:
Stiffler wrote:
Aspiring Expert wrote:

Hey
I trade on Bitfinex

DENT - $0.01 (HitBTC)
DOPE - $0.26 (Bittrex)

Useful Resources;

Wallets;

Thanks @Afroblk for this info it will help the newbies in the thread alot.

As for the coins, one needs to dedicate their time to research into what they would want to risk their hard earned or not so hard earned cash.
Live and learn; and don’t forget, nothing ventured, nothing gained.
Ryko
#233 Posted : Thursday, January 04, 2018 5:13:59 PM

Interesting

Mukiri
#234 Posted : Thursday, January 04, 2018 5:28:41 PM

Ryko wrote:
snifadog wrote:

I am also wondering how people are buying coins now. Anyone who put in peanuts i.e 50k back in July/Aug is a millionare. This market is scary... Literally every ICO exploded...every day new heights.

Alt market is heading to one Trillion soonest, Bitcoin might stagnate in 15k range for a few weeks actually its dominance might be touching 20% soon.

I think newbies focussed on Bitcoin so much they forgot ICOs and other coins back in August. Now everyone it talking Ripple today you cant even imagine it was 15 cents a few months ago the other day.
Long Live Crypto!!

Just like Bitcoin, ALTs back then were unfamiliar territory. It is those that dare to venture, that conquer new territories and come to tell the risk averse, about them. ICOs still remain good money makers.

Proverbs 19:21
Mukiri
#235 Posted : Thursday, January 04, 2018 5:30:21 PM

Ryko wrote:
Interesting

Let he who has ears listen. There's more than meets the eyes here. I'm riding the wave though

Proverbs 19:21
Stiffler
#236 Posted : Thursday, January 04, 2018 6:08:42 PM

Mukiri wrote:
Ryko wrote:
Interesting

Let he who has ears listen. There's more than meets the eyes here. I'm riding the wave though

We all know it's a bubble....
Riding it still though
The higher the risk the more the returns....
Don't put in what you can't afford to lose though...
Stiffler
#237 Posted : Thursday, January 04, 2018 7:43:05 PM

Afroblk wrote:
Aspiring Expert wrote:

Mukiri wrote:
Afroblk wrote:
Aspiring Expert wrote:
Stiffler wrote:
Aspiring Expert wrote:

Hey
I trade on Bitfinex

DENT - $0.01 (HitBTC)
DOPE - $0.26 (Bittrex)

Useful Resources;

Wallets;

On Bitstamp I only see the International wire option for deposits. How to use Debit card there...
Stiffler
#238 Posted : Thursday, January 04, 2018 8:00:39 PM

Even Changelly doesnt work as expected
It indicates 1USD = 0 BTC when you try to exchange any USD amounts for BTC
Ryko
#239 Posted : Friday, January 05, 2018 7:53:10 AM

Issa New World Order...... Ask Mark Zuckerberg his 2018 goals on CryptoCurrency.

I havent said "Stock Market" ni ya watu wazeee... Noooo No not Me!! even my grand ma now finally uses a Smart phone after mulika mwizi for many years..

obiero
#240 Posted : Friday, January 05, 2018 8:10:33 AM

snifadog wrote:
why is MPESA a currency? is it not just a payments channel at its core?

While on the phone it's not in cash so indeed it is a currency in my view. A digital currency