Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

6 Pages«<3456>
NORTH KOREA
aemathenge
#81 Posted : Friday, April 27, 2018 10:41:39 PM

Copy and Paste Extract

Inside North Korea’s Hacker Army

Quote:
North Korea’s hacking prowess is almost as feared globally as its nuclear arsenal.

Last May the country was responsible for an internet scourge called WannaCry, which for a few days infected and encrypted computers around the world, demanding that organizations pay ransom in Bitcoin to unlock their data.

A few years before that, North Korea stole and published the private correspondence of executives at Sony Pictures Entertainment, which had produced a Seth Rogen satire of the country called The Interview.

Jong wasn’t involved in those attacks, but for half a decade before defecting, he was a foot soldier in North Korea’s hacker army.

Unlike their counterparts elsewhere, who might seek to expose security vulnerabilities, steal corporate and state secrets, or simply sow chaos, North Korean hackers have a singular purpose:

to earn money for the country, currently squeezed by harsh international sanctions for its rogue nuclear program.

For most of the time Jong spent as part of this brigade he lived and worked in a crowded three-story home in a northeastern Chinese city.

The hackers he shared it with were required to earn up to $100,000 a year, through whatever means they could, and were allowed to keep less than 10 percent of that.

If they stepped out of line, the consequences could be severe.

Source Link: From Bloomberg Dated 08 February 2018
AlphDoti
#82 Posted : Friday, April 27, 2018 10:54:25 PM

Kusadikika wrote:
I can bet there is no way the North is giving up those weapons...... well I take that back they can but the price will be something high like total unification with Kim as president of all of Korea.

By the way, are others expected to give up the weapons while others are developing wholesale like no one's business?
AlphDoti
#83 Posted : Friday, April 27, 2018 11:01:05 PM

I have said balance of power is good for everyone. Prepare yourself. Build power to deter aggressor. That is precisely what Korea has done. That is what Pakistan did to develop a nuclear.

DETERRENCE!

For me, you never build power to try to control the world. You should never have agenda of building bases in 900 parts of the world! To ensure they become the policemen of the world. No! You never have that agenda. It is the Uncle Sam which has this agenda to become world policeman. But they don't want anyone else to have such power. They want that others that they should be so weak that they can come and maul them. And they can stamp their a foot upon others. And they can make you sub-servant to them. That is what they want. Because they want to rule the world by the hook or by the crook

Nandwa
#84 Posted : Sunday, April 29, 2018 10:25:58 AM

Russia supports the denuclearization of the Korean peninsular.
So does China.

Both also support that Iran should not be allowed to own nuclear weapons.

So....
Just as absolute power corrupts leaders, so does absolute fanaticism blind the people from logic
AlphDoti
#85 Posted : Sunday, April 29, 2018 6:11:50 PM

Nandwa wrote:
So does China.

So....

Said who? Maybe in your mind, or you heard that from your informers, the usual suspects CNN, Al-Jazeera etc etc and the like... agents of Uncle Sam.
Nandwa
#86 Posted : Sunday, April 29, 2018 7:49:10 PM

AlphDoti wrote:
Nandwa wrote:
So does China.

So....

Said who? Maybe in your mind, or you heard that from your informers, the usual suspects CNN, Al-Jazeera etc etc and the like... agents of Uncle Sam.

What I stated is the factual truth.

Now tell us your 'alternative' facts!

What is the Russia position on N.Korea and Iran as concerns nuclear weapons.
What is China's position on the same.

Straight talk not your usual cutting of corners!
Just as absolute power corrupts leaders, so does absolute fanaticism blind the people from logic
Angelica _ann
#87 Posted : Sunday, April 29, 2018 8:54:35 PM

Who checks America's nuclear position? Asking for a friend!!!
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
AlphDoti
#88 Posted : Monday, April 30, 2018 9:30:13 AM

Angelica _ann wrote:

@Nandwa, do you mind taking this question?
Much Know
#89 Posted : Monday, April 30, 2018 9:56:42 AM

North Korea will be greatly influence by the Christian South Koreans, just as happened in Germany, was reading an article where China government was planning to introduce a Chinese form of Christianity to counter the fast growing influence of Christianity in Asia, the Holy Bible is the only controlled religious book today in China, they really fear it,. Can imagine by 2030 close to 70% of the worlds population following one form of Christian worship or another.
A New Kenya
AlphDoti
#90 Posted : Monday, April 30, 2018 10:08:58 AM

Nandwa wrote:
AlphDoti wrote:
Nandwa wrote:
So does China.

So....

What I stated is the factual truth.

Now tell us your 'alternative' facts!

What is the Russia position on N.Korea and Iran as concerns nuclear weapons.
What is China's position on the same.

Straight talk not your usual cutting of corners!

If you call Tom a thief, that does not make him one, because we have not seen him steal... You can call anybody anything, propaganda, arrogance, and bullying...
Nandwa
#91 Posted : Monday, April 30, 2018 10:09:46 AM

AlphDoti wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:

@Nandwa, do you mind taking this question?

I am not sure of the import of this question.
I am neither American nor qualified to speak for them.
Nandwa
#92 Posted : Monday, April 30, 2018 10:34:21 AM

However, as a citizen of the World and a realistic one at that, I am aware of certain realities.

All the UN Security Council permanent members have nuclear weapon capabilities.
None of them or any other member of the World community has raised issues with that state of affairs.
There are other Nations outside that club who are said to have nuclear weapons too, some of them are India, Pakistan, Israel and... probably others.
On the other hand all the five permanent members are agreed that N.Korea and Iran should be banished from keeping nuclear weapons.
Many other Countries of the World agree with that position regarding N.Korea and Iran.
masukuma
#93 Posted : Monday, April 30, 2018 10:43:05 AM

Approaching this as a case of ideology will fail you - it's not a case of ideology! it's a case of - mta-Do what?
All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!
AlphDoti
#94 Posted : Monday, April 30, 2018 1:27:06 PM

masukuma wrote:
Approaching this as a case of ideology will fail you - it's not a case of ideology! it's a case of - mta-Do what?

Exactly @masukums. I agree with you.

I remember under the Bretton Woods monetary system, Uncle Sam was under legal obligation to redeem its dollars for gold at $35 an ounce... Then when the French wanted to restore gold in the monetary system, they asked for redeeming US dollars for gold at $35 an ounce... but guess what! Uncle Sam said "we gave our word but we don't have to keep our word!"

This is the arrogance we are dealing with!
AlphDoti
#95 Posted : Monday, April 30, 2018 2:12:46 PM

Nandwa wrote:
However, as a citizen of the World and a realistic one at that, I am aware of certain realities.

All the UN Security Council permanent members have nuclear weapon capabilities.
None of them or any other member of the World community has raised issues with that state of affairs.
There are other Nations outside that club who are said to have nuclear weapons too, some of them are India, Pakistan, Israel and... probably others.
On the other hand all the five permanent members are agreed that N.Korea and Iran should be banished from keeping nuclear weapons.
Many other Countries of the World agree with that position regarding N.Korea and Iran.

And this is arrogance. Western Civilization having an imperial agenda to rule the whole world. And Korea says no, we will not submit. So Korea was right, they are justified. They are in conformity with correct intention: to build such power to be able to deter those who have committed aggression, which we have seen in several places, and now has stood up in the United Nations and threatened to destroy Korea. But they can't attack. Because Korea has the power to deter them.

BUT AS I SAID PEACE IS ULTIMATE GOAL

Because if they incline to peace, then you (too) incline to it.
masukuma
#96 Posted : Monday, April 30, 2018 7:19:45 PM

AlphDoti wrote:
masukuma wrote:

I remember under the Bretton Woods monetary system, Uncle Sam was under legal obligation to redeem its dollars for gold at $35 an ounce... Then when the French wanted to restore gold in the monetary system, they asked for redeeming US dollars for gold at $35 an ounce... but guess what! Uncle Sam said "we gave our word but we don't have to keep our word!"

forget ideology forget philosophy forget them all... there are just 2 things in life
1) what you can do
2) what you can't!
AlphDoti
#97 Posted : Monday, April 30, 2018 8:35:32 PM

masukuma wrote:
AlphDoti wrote:
masukuma wrote:

forget ideology forget philosophy forget them all... there are just 2 things in life
1) what you can do
2) what you can't!

Yes, true. It is real now bro. The imperial agenda of Western Civilization to rule the whole world, has reached dead end... If Russia refuses to submit to them they want to wedge war on Russia. If China refuses to submit to them they want to wedge war on China. If Korea refuses to submit to them they want to wedge war on Korea. Look what they are doing to Venezuela...

Intimidation of mankind will not continue forever...
masukuma
#98 Posted : Friday, May 04, 2018 8:31:32 AM

masukuma
#99 Posted : Friday, May 04, 2018 9:52:58 AM

Impunity wrote:
C&P
Quote:
Almost 100% of the population has access to water and sanitation, but it is not completely potable

Even America and Scandinavians cant match this!!!
Yaani 100% has access to clean water?

Not talking Not talking Not talking

I am wondering why people are dying to leave the country!
murchr
#100 Posted : Thursday, May 24, 2018 7:03:54 PM

Deal off - No meeting betwn NK and US
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore