Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

17 Pages«<14151617>
Free to Air TV channels in Kenya
UpcomingPaperChaser
#301 Posted : Monday, November 16, 2015 11:18:38 PM

nakujua wrote:
Rankaz13 wrote:
nakujua wrote:
Any Tanzanian, or one who frequently travels to tz, I would like to get the azam decoder, of course plus the smartcard. But it has to be a tz account.

Why specifically a Tz a/c? These things are available locally (see their website for further details) na sio eti ni chini ya maji.

The tz one has laliga, that's not available for the kenya account one, I have the Kenyan one and the Adam sports channel that brings laliga is scrambled, talking to them they are not sure if they will be able to broadcast the same in kenya anytime soon.

Am in Dar Es Salaam and for sure the Azam decoder is the most popular one here i think because of the free La Liga. If you are serious i could inquire for you tomorrow in town....delivery should be via the daily Dar Express that leaves Dar every morning and arrives in Nairobi at 10 PM.......
Enjoy every moment of your life, you never know when your time will come.
nakujua
#302 Posted : Monday, November 16, 2015 11:46:51 PM

UpcomingPaperChaser wrote:
nakujua wrote:
Rankaz13 wrote:
nakujua wrote:
Any Tanzanian, or one who frequently travels to tz, I would like to get the azam decoder, of course plus the smartcard. But it has to be a tz account.

Why specifically a Tz a/c? These things are available locally (see their website for further details) na sio eti ni chini ya maji.

The tz one has laliga, that's not available for the kenya account one, I have the Kenyan one and the Adam sports channel that brings laliga is scrambled, talking to them they are not sure if they will be able to broadcast the same in kenya anytime soon.

Am in Dar Es Salaam and for sure the Azam decoder is the most popular one here i think because of the free La Liga. If you are serious i could inquire for you tomorrow in town....delivery should be via the daily Dar Express that leaves Dar every morning and arrives in Nairobi at 10 PM.......

Please do, decoder peke yake - ta shukuru sana.
UpcomingPaperChaser
#303 Posted : Tuesday, November 17, 2015 4:06:45 PM

Inquire from licensed dealers.......too bad for you.

Decoder + Dish + Smart Card = Tshs. 140,000

Decoder + Smart Card = Tshs. Tshs. 100,000

For the La Liga package, you will have to pay a monthly charge of Tshs. 27,000/=!!
Enjoy every moment of your life, you never know when your time will come.
nakujua
#304 Posted : Tuesday, November 17, 2015 7:02:02 PM

UpcomingPaperChaser wrote:
Inquire from licensed dealers.......too bad for you.

Decoder + Dish + Smart Card = Tshs. 140,000

Decoder + Smart Card = Tshs. Tshs. 100,000

For the La Liga package, you will have to pay a monthly charge of Tshs. 27,000/=!!

Jeso !!! - the Decoder price seems ok, lakini Tsh 27k per month ni mingi for laliga only, I thought they charge like Tsh 15k.

Lakini ashante sana, nimeshukuru.

@Rankaz13 back to you, can I get Paksat using a 6feet PF Dish, from the eastern outskirts of Nairobi, I don't want to invest in the 6feet if it cant nab the same - or any idea where I can get a 8feet pf.

I tried it with a 1.3 m offset dish using the eurostar 600 gold lnb, lakini was unable to get it.
holycow
#305 Posted : Wednesday, November 18, 2015 2:47:12 PM

nakujua wrote:

@Rankaz13 back to you, can I get Paksat using a 6feet PF Dish, from the eastern outskirts of Nairobi, I don't want to invest in the 6feet if it cant nab the same - or any idea where I can get a 8feet pf.

I tried it with a 1.3 m offset dish using the eurostar 600 gold lnb, lakini was unable to get it.

I'm not a guru but from my limited experience, getting C band on an offset dish is a challenge. You'd really have to get an offset C band LNB.
Daktari, confirm if it's possible.
nakujua
#306 Posted : Wednesday, November 18, 2015 7:34:57 PM

holycow wrote:
nakujua wrote:

I'm not a guru but from my limited experience, getting C band on an offset dish is a challenge. You'd really have to get an offset C band LNB.

Actually the the offset dish was pulling arabsat 20 with the cband lnb, irib was a challenge but some saudi channels were coming through fine - I have no idea how it worked but I kept on rotating the teflon thing inside it.

The only challenge is making a contraption to hold the lnb firmly on the offset dish.

Come to think of it, is there something like an offset C band lnb, I thought they can be used interchangeably, just that you lose quality, and you have to alter the design to use the same.
Rankaz13
#307 Posted : Wednesday, November 18, 2015 8:59:11 PM

nakujua wrote:
holycow wrote:
nakujua wrote:

Actually the the offset dish was pulling arabsat 20 with the cband lnb, irib was a challenge but some saudi channels were coming through fine - I have no idea how it worked but I kept on rotating the teflon thing inside it.

The only challenge is making a contraption to hold the lnb firmly on the offset dish.

Come to think of it, is there something like an offset C band lnb, I thought they can be used interchangeably, just that you lose quality, and you have to alter the design to use the same.

To answer you, there's nothing like an offset c-band LNB. However, offset dishes require a conical scalar ring (bought separately) while pf dishes require the normal flat one (sold together with the LNB). It's this scalar ring that enables the LNB to 'see' the entire surface of the parabola and its presence would therefore mitigate some of the signal loss that you experienced.

A 130cm offset should in my opinion be alright as long as you have the right LNB holder so that your LNB is at the right position. Similarly, 180cm pf is sufficient too for the same and might give you a slightly better reception than the 130cm offset.

When you go to purchase the 180cm, know that it comes in two 'gauges'. There's one made of light material and currently retailing at approx. 6.2k in most shops along Luthuli. The one made of heavy material goes for about 6.7k. Both are branded Eurostar.
Life is like playing a violin solo in public and learning the instrument as one goes on.
nakujua
#308 Posted : Wednesday, November 18, 2015 9:50:17 PM

Rankaz13 wrote:
nakujua wrote:
holycow wrote:
nakujua wrote:

To answer you, there's nothing like an offset c-band LNB. However, offset dishes require a conical scalar ring (bought separately) while pf dishes require the normal flat one (sold together with the LNB). It's this scalar ring that enables the LNB to 'see' the entire surface of the parabola and its presence would therefore mitigate some of the signal loss that you experienced.

A 130cm offset should in my opinion be alright as long as you have the right LNB holder so that your LNB is at the right position. Similarly, 180cm pf is sufficient too for the same and might give you a slightly better reception than the 130cm offset.

When you go to purchase the 180cm, know that it comes in two 'gauges'. There's one made of light material and currently retailing at approx. 6.2k in most shops along Luthuli. The one made of heavy material goes for about 6.7k. Both are branded Eurostar.

Thanks, I will look into that scalar ring, though I think I am better off just getting the pf dish does the gauge affect quality, or its just for longevity
horizontal
#309 Posted : Thursday, November 26, 2015 10:37:00 AM

new here. I hope to learn more. my setup is intelsat 20 cband
gatoho
#310 Posted : Saturday, November 28, 2015 7:10:53 AM

Are there purely digital Tvs that don't need a decoder? Asked cck and they said yes and gave me a list and model numbers, settled for the LG but never worked 😑😡 ama kuna kitu sielewi?
Foresight..
kimanimsc
#311 Posted : Saturday, November 28, 2015 11:47:26 AM

gatoho wrote:
Are there purely digital Tvs that don't need a decoder? Asked cck and they said yes and gave me a list and model numbers, settled for the LG but never worked 😑😡 ama kuna kitu sielewi?

LG 24LB450D works just fine. Normal Auto Tuning after connecting Antennae.

[Should have been tested at the point of sale]
Ngogoyo
#312 Posted : Saturday, November 28, 2015 9:55:58 PM

gatoho wrote:

i have the sumsung and works fine.
Taurrus
#313 Posted : Monday, December 21, 2015 3:47:16 PM

Someone pls,is there a way to connect say GOTV decoder to a laptops USB port?
nakujua
#314 Posted : Monday, December 21, 2015 5:04:47 PM

Taurrus wrote:

Highly doubt that - and even for the laptops with the hdmi ports, its usually a video out rather than a video in - as opposed to the hdmi tv screens.
Taurrus
#315 Posted : Monday, December 21, 2015 8:34:39 PM

nakujua wrote:
Taurrus wrote:

Highly doubt that - and even for the laptops with the hdmi ports, its usually a video out rather than a video in - as opposed to the hdmi tv screens.

The USB port is a read/write port,maybe with the right software and converter its possible.
kimanimsc
#316 Posted : Monday, December 21, 2015 9:52:55 PM

Taurrus wrote:
nakujua wrote:
Taurrus wrote:

The USB port is a read/write port,maybe with the right software and converter its possible.

With a TV box (analogue) it works fine. USB to the laptop and RYW Cable to the decoder. Last year it was going for 2.5K.
kayhara
#317 Posted : Monday, December 21, 2015 10:07:16 PM

gatoho wrote:

i have a ka-samsung digital works fine no issues.
To Each His Own
nakujua
#318 Posted : Tuesday, December 22, 2015 1:02:09 AM

Taurrus wrote:
nakujua wrote:
Taurrus wrote:

That is true - guess I was only looking at the video out/in component.
nakujua
#319 Posted : Tuesday, December 22, 2015 1:03:47 AM

kimanimsc wrote:
Taurrus wrote:
nakujua wrote:
Taurrus wrote:

With a TV box (analogue) it works fine. USB to the laptop and RYW Cable to the decoder. Last year it was going for 2.5K.

I am assuming some software would be needed to convert the signal into something a player on the laptop can play.
kimanimsc
#320 Posted : Tuesday, December 22, 2015 5:01:51 AM

nakujua wrote:
kimanimsc wrote:
Taurrus wrote:
nakujua wrote:
Taurrus wrote:

I am assuming some software would be needed to convert the signal into something a player on the laptop can play.

Yes,the box comes with software.