17 Pages«<1314151617>
Free to Air TV channels in Kenya
Rankaz13
#281 Posted : Monday, May 11, 2015 8:50:57 PM

nahdy wrote:
mlefu wrote:
Rankaz13 wrote:
mlefu wrote:
Got an extra dish to play around with..one week nothing to write about..how do I get the signals..tried mobile apps..total waste of energy.

Hello mlefu. Welcome to the club. How big is your dish? What other equipment do you have besides the dish? What channels are you looking to nab?

Rankaz..using Bein on 100cm* dish showing 1000+ arabic nonsense.
Their HD channels with digital+ sound are AWESOME.

I want to search other available FTA using a 60 cm dish connected to Q SAT Q13G DECODER..for now I am getting this msg:

notice quality is at 0%...is buying the sat meter finder the way to go ?

regards.

@mlefu
jamii forum r now discussing abt discovery sf 600 sat finder.
use satstar.com n input ur details to see if ur dish size will suffice.

I'd personally advocate for a satellite meter/signal finder and not of the ilk being discussed on jamii but something along the lines of Satlink ws-6918p or ws6979 hd (which incidentally has been discussed in the current and final edition of TELE-audiovision magazine). These satellite meters however do not come cheap, as you may confirm from aliexpress.com

Of importance, you cannot simply change parameters on your decoder and expect to get a signal without moving the dish. You must either move the dish physically or motorize it to correspond to the satellite you wanna receive. That means you must know the parameters of that particular satellite i.e. the azimuth, elevation, lnb skew and whether the 60cm dish size is the appropriate one to nab your satellite of interest. This info is available from a variety of sites such as dishpointer.com, satbeams.com, satstar.net and many others.

As for beIN and the Arabic channels at 7w, nothing much we can about it. That satellite is intended for the Arabic audience, what we receive here if just fringe. It wasn't intended for us as such.
Life is like playing a violin solo in public and learning the instrument as one goes on.
nahdy
#282 Posted : Tuesday, May 12, 2015 6:36:10 AM

@rankaz gudday
do u HV arabsat 20e on ur receiver? my 4922 doesn't HV or where is it hidden?
Rankaz13
#283 Posted : Tuesday, May 12, 2015 11:05:22 PM

nahdy wrote:
@rankaz gudday
do u HV arabsat 20e on ur receiver? my 4922 doesn't HV or where is it hidden?

I moved from 4922 to 4950H. I didn't like the tuner in 4922. In 4950H. it's there and even if it weren't, there's always the option to add new satellites and tps.
Life is like playing a violin solo in public and learning the instrument as one goes on.
D32
#284 Posted : Friday, May 22, 2015 3:16:22 PM

Gents, which shop has a 240cm dish? Nrb
They tried to bury us, they didn't know we were seeds.
Cornelius Vanderbilt
#285 Posted : Friday, August 28, 2015 8:50:41 AM

Cornelius Vanderbilt
#286 Posted : Tuesday, October 06, 2015 12:11:09 AM

There's a new satellite in town

Facebook's The AMOS 6 satellite!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mlefu
#287 Posted : Sunday, November 01, 2015 11:39:38 AM

Bein has made some changes..Added 12 channels

I am only receiving half of the channels..BeinHD 1 to 10

Do I need to realign my dish or what ?

Caramba
#288 Posted : Wednesday, November 04, 2015 6:01:31 PM

mlefu wrote:

Yes, you need to realign it towards the Es'hail satellite. Tracking that satellite is a tall order, though.
mungeks
#289 Posted : Thursday, November 05, 2015 2:48:55 AM

Caramba wrote:
mlefu wrote:

Yes, you need to realign it towards the Es'hail satellite. Tracking that satellite is a tall order, though.

Hi Caramba. Did you manage to connect to Es'hailsat for Bein Sport? If so, what dish size? I've been using 90cm offset on Nilesat 7W and of course i've lost some channels. Thanks.
4eva eva
#290 Posted : Thursday, November 05, 2015 8:03:41 AM

Hey guys, want to upgrade to fta satellite, of particular I want to nab nilesat, so I've got two quotations for cost of installation n equipment from two electronics shops in Mombasa, one is 19k n the other 20k,both quotations had similar items, so was wondering why both recommended 180cm prime focus dish, is that not too big? Can't 120 cm work as well?
Cornelius Vanderbilt
#291 Posted : Thursday, November 05, 2015 10:12:35 AM

4eva eva wrote:
Hey guys, want to upgrade to fta satellite, of particular I want to nab nilesat, so I've got two quotations for cost of installation n equipment from two electronics shops in Mombasa, one is 19k n the other 20k,both quotations had similar items, so was wondering why both recommended 180cm prime focus dish, is that not too big? Can't 120 cm work as well?

ask here http://www.jamiiforums.c...ld-and-sat-gear-838.html
mugz
#292 Posted : Thursday, November 05, 2015 12:43:14 PM

mungeks wrote:
Caramba wrote:
mlefu wrote:

Hi Caramba. Did you manage to connect to Es'hailsat for Bein Sport? If so, what dish size? I've been using 90cm offset on Nilesat 7W and of course i've lost some channels. Thanks.

I hear you need a 8ft dish to nab that bird in nai. d'oh! d'oh!
mlefu
#293 Posted : Thursday, November 05, 2015 2:31:01 PM

mugz wrote:
mungeks wrote:
Caramba wrote:
mlefu wrote:

Tried on a 4ft dish , the signal is too weak, showing arabic channels..sourcing for the 6-8 ft dish..wonder whether its worth! http://bein.net/en/
Rankaz13
#294 Posted : Saturday, November 07, 2015 9:54:25 PM

mlefu wrote:
mugz wrote:
mungeks wrote:
Caramba wrote:
mlefu wrote:

Tried on a 4ft dish , the signal is too weak, showing arabic channels..sourcing for the 6-8 ft dish..wonder whether its worth! http://bein.net/en/

You need either 240cm pf dish coupled to Stargold Fuji single LNB or 165cm * 180cm offset dish coupled to Inverto Single LNB to nab Es'hail-1 in Nbi. Experiments conducted today.
mlefu
#295 Posted : Sunday, November 08, 2015 1:45:09 PM

Rankaz13 wrote:

You need either 240cm pf dish coupled to Stargold Fuji single LNB or 165cm * 180cm offset dish coupled to Inverto Single LNB to nab Es'hail-1 in Nbi. Experiments conducted today.

Where do I get the offset dish ?
Rankaz13
#296 Posted : Sunday, November 08, 2015 3:40:20 PM

mlefu wrote:
Rankaz13 wrote:

Where do I get the offset dish ?

This size of offsets is a bit difficult to come by. Log in to either jamiiforums or kenytalk.com and contact a gentleman called @muzombozi. I think he may have a few remaining.
AGN
#297 Posted : Wednesday, November 11, 2015 12:01:27 AM

Rankaz13 wrote:
mlefu wrote:
mugz wrote:
mungeks wrote:
Caramba wrote:
mlefu wrote:

Hi, I already have a six feet dish and bein decoder but my dish installer is clueless about the new satellite. Would you kindly give me contacts of the dish installer who can realign my dish to El'hailsat (25.5 E) your assistance will be highly appreciated.
nakujua
#298 Posted : Sunday, November 15, 2015 5:21:24 PM

Any Tanzanian, or one who frequently travels to tz, I would like to get the azam decoder, of course plus the smartcard. But it has to be a tz account.
Rankaz13
#299 Posted : Sunday, November 15, 2015 5:51:58 PM

nakujua wrote:
Any Tanzanian, or one who frequently travels to tz, I would like to get the azam decoder, of course plus the smartcard. But it has to be a tz account.

Why specifically a Tz a/c? These things are available locally (see their website for further details) na sio eti ni chini ya maji.
nakujua
#300 Posted : Sunday, November 15, 2015 8:02:47 PM

Rankaz13 wrote:
nakujua wrote:

Why specifically a Tz a/c? These things are available locally (see their website for further details) na sio eti ni chini ya maji.

The tz one has laliga, that's not available for the kenya account one, I have the Kenyan one and the Adam sports channel that brings laliga is scrambled, talking to them they are not sure if they will be able to broadcast the same in kenya anytime soon.