wazua Mon, May 6, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

7 Pages«<4567>
Faulu Kenya now beats T-Bills for fixed deposits
Impunity
#101 Posted : Saturday, April 20, 2013 6:26:59 PM

Pesa Nane wrote:
Impunity wrote:

Please explain how the current Tbills beat Faulu hands down, please illustrate with figures as I did above.
d'oh! d'oh!

T-Bill 1895 the weighted price of Ksh.100 is 88.777 meaning a discount of Ksh. 11.223 per every 100 bob.
Mr. Faulu = 1,000,000
Mr Tbill (1895) = 1,000,000

Investing options:
Mr. Faulu: 1,000,000 at 12% in Faulu
Mr. T-bill: 887,770 in T-bill and 112,230 at 12% in Faulu (Remember 112,230 is the upfront discount)

After 1 Year:
Mr. Faulu 1,000,000 + 12% interest = 1,120,000
Mr. Tbill 1,000,000 yield + (112,230 + 12% interest) = 1,125,697.60

Difference = 5,697.60 Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

The difference is pesa nane for real!!!
Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

Pesa Nane
#102 Posted : Saturday, April 20, 2013 7:02:27 PM

Impunity wrote:
Pesa Nane wrote:
Impunity wrote:

Please explain how the current Tbills beat Faulu hands down, please illustrate with figures as I did above.
d'oh! d'oh!

T-Bill 1895 the weighted price of Ksh.100 is 88.777 meaning a discount of Ksh. 11.223 per every 100 bob.
Mr. Faulu = 1,000,000
Mr Tbill (1895) = 1,000,000

Investing options:
Mr. Faulu: 1,000,000 at 12% in Faulu
Mr. T-bill: 887,770 in T-bill and 112,230 at 12% in Faulu (Remember 112,230 is the upfront discount)

After 1 Year:
Mr. Faulu 1,000,000 + 12% interest = 1,120,000
Mr. Tbill 1,000,000 yield + (112,230 + 12% interest) = 1,125,697.60

Difference = 5,697.60 Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

The difference is pesa nane for real!!!
Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

Nice settlement. smile
But take that in multiples and well......
Pesa Nane plans to be shilingi when he grows up.
Ngong
#103 Posted : Saturday, April 20, 2013 9:47:02 PM

Faulu gives you that % interest if invested amount is 1,000,000 and above
Impunity
#104 Posted : Sunday, April 21, 2013 9:59:17 AM

Ngong wrote:

Please sms your request to 0708000111 before posting ignorance here.

Pesa Nane
#105 Posted : Sunday, April 21, 2013 2:10:28 PM

Impunity wrote:
Ngong wrote:

@Impunity with impunity.

Source Faulu Kenya:
The Faulu Faida Fixed deposit account is an innovative product allows individual, chamas, companies and churches to enjoy competitive, high returns on their deposits over a period of time. Our minimum fixed deposit value is Kshs 5,000 to the maximum of your ability

But does the minimum amount attract the advertised 12%? someone in the know?
mawinder
#106 Posted : Sunday, April 21, 2013 2:38:38 PM

Pesa Nane wrote:
Impunity wrote:
Ngong wrote:

@Impunity with impunity.

Source Faulu Kenya:
The Faulu Faida Fixed deposit account is an innovative product allows individual, chamas, companies and churches to enjoy competitive, high returns on their deposits over a period of time. Our minimum fixed deposit value is Kshs 5,000 to the maximum of your ability

Yes.Faulu FDR is 13% if you negotiate well.Just walk into Faulu with 5m cash and tell them they either give you a rate of 13% or you go away with the money.I know a friend who was given a rate of 13% by Faulu early this year.
Ngong
#107 Posted : Sunday, April 21, 2013 4:59:11 PM

Impunity wrote:
Ngong wrote:

Wewe unafaa kujapwa kofi moja uwe mature!
Impunity
#108 Posted : Sunday, April 21, 2013 6:51:47 PM

Ngong wrote:
Impunity wrote:
Ngong wrote:

Japwa???So you even shrub while typing?
OK.
By the way the sms inqury to 0708000111 is charged at normal provider rate so u can even sms freely on yu!

Ngong
#109 Posted : Sunday, April 21, 2013 8:58:58 PM

Impunity wrote:
Ngong wrote:
Impunity wrote:
Ngong wrote:

OK.
By the way the sms inqury to 0708000111 is charged at normal provider rate so u can even sms freely on yu!

Utoto nayo! kweri haina dawa.
Pesa Nane
#110 Posted : Sunday, April 21, 2013 11:51:26 PM

Ngong wrote:
Impunity wrote:
Ngong wrote:
Impunity wrote:
Ngong wrote:

OK.

Utoto nayo! kweri haina dawa.

Keep your cool dear wazuans. Angel
wazo
#111 Posted : Monday, April 22, 2013 10:02:45 PM

If I invest 100K in T -Bills what will I cash out on day 365 if it's not a weekend?

You try some of these silly teacher's sacco and put in the same 100k come September and see if in January 2014 you won't find 11K in your bank account as dividend. Do the math for a mil or 10.

Thing is, they will never shut down as they're monthly taking in by check-off members contributions and loan repayments from TSC.. . And if there's one thing that teachers have more than any other category of employees anywhere else in the country, the continent and probably the planet, it's job security. This keeps the saccos no less secure and ever more liquid, and as the govt invariably hires more teachers their reserves get replenished, monthly. These saccos give said teachers several loans one atop another,have embraced m-banking and gone fully commercial--they're 'members' banks masquerading as saccos, only they're way way cheaper with their loans. Best part is you don't have to be a teacher--just a member with shares in the name of 'a deposit'.

My next mil is going right into one of them, late in the year, to be chucked out plus interest early the next year. The particular sacco shall remain unnamed, for now.

Do your research.
rest.easy
#112 Posted : Tuesday, April 23, 2013 4:09:47 PM

wazo wrote:
If I invest 100K in T
-Bills what will I cash out on day 365 if it's not a weekend?

You try some of these silly teacher's sacco and put in the same 100k come September and see if in January 2014 you won't find 11K in your bank account as dividend. Do the math for a mil or 10.

Thing is, they will never shut down as they're monthly taking in by check-off members contributions and loan repayments from TSC.. . And if there's one thing that teachers have more than any other category of employees anywhere else in the country, the continent and probably the planet, it's job security. This keeps the saccos no less secure and ever more liquid, and as the govt invariably hires more teachers their reserves get replenished, monthly. These saccos give said teachers several loans one atop another,have embraced m-banking and gone fully commercial--they're 'members' banks masquerading as saccos, only they're way way cheaper with their loans. Best part is you don't have to be a teacher--just a member with shares in the name of 'a deposit'.

My next mil is going right into one of them, late in the year, to be chucked out plus interest early the next year. The particular sacco shall remain unnamed, for now.

Do your research.

true dat. i know one which declared dividend of 16%
ChumsQuest
#113 Posted : Thursday, May 09, 2013 7:44:42 AM

mawinder wrote:
Pesa Nane wrote:
Impunity wrote:
Ngong wrote:

@Impunity with impunity.

Source Faulu Kenya:

Yes.Faulu FDR is 13% if you negotiate well.Just walk into Faulu with 5m cash and tell them they either give you a rate of 13% or you go away with the money.I know a friend who was given a rate of 13% by Faulu early this year.

What if you walk in with a milli and ask for the same? Mawinder nimekumiss...smile smile
ChumsQuest
#114 Posted : Thursday, May 09, 2013 7:46:45 AM

Banker wrote:
Ladies and gentlemen, I beg to be allowed to put this matter to rest. I had thought the problem was one of semantics but i have since realized its not. My earlier post would appear to support the theory that T-bill holders earn their discount upfront. That was INCORRECT and indeed very embarrassing.

The principal amount on which CBK pays the interest, or discount if you may, is the net figure that the investor gives to CBK and not the full amount payable on maturity. E.g. for 100K, the amount being invested is the 90K, and CBK will calculate the interest on the 90K not 100K.

ION : I am supposed to log in to Wazua through g-mail but i have realized that option is not available on the log-in screen on my I-pad. Is there something am not doing right ? I can only log-in to wazua on the laptop. Any assistance will be highly appreciated.

So banker, should we put our chums at Faulu or buy T-bills? Conclude this...
ChumsQuest
#115 Posted : Thursday, May 09, 2013 7:48:43 AM

wazo wrote:
If I invest 100K in T

Do your research.

We wazo tupe full info wacha kuficha. Name of Sacco pls?
ChumsQuest
#116 Posted : Thursday, May 09, 2013 7:57:29 AM

ChumsQuest wrote:
wazo wrote:
If I invest 100K in T

Do your research.

That's a kshs 330,000/yr interest. Donno if I should believe that or insist you give me the details? 33%? When a deal is too good? Kwanzaare these sacco's FDIC insured am mtu ataend up kuokota makaratasi?
mawinder
#117 Posted : Thursday, May 09, 2013 9:16:07 AM

ChumsQuest wrote:
mawinder wrote:
Pesa Nane wrote:
Impunity wrote:
Ngong wrote:

@Impunity with impunity.

Source Faulu Kenya:

What if you walk in with a milli and ask for the same? Mawinder nimekumiss...smile smile

I may not know as those returns are minimal and I consider it lazy to invest in Tbills,bonds,fixed deposits etc as the returns are meagre.Anything below 75% p.a I don't touch but if I must then I must consult Moses Muregi and John Thagana.
ChumsQuest
#118 Posted : Thursday, May 09, 2013 9:58:28 AM

ChumsQuest wrote:
ChumsQuest wrote:
wazo wrote:
If I invest 100K in T

Do your research.

That's a kshs 330,000/yr interest. Donno if I should believe that or insist you give me the details? 33%? When a deal is too good? Kwanzaare these sacco's FDIC insured am mtu ataend up kuokota makaratasi?

BTW, my calculation is for a milli....
ChumsQuest
#119 Posted : Saturday, May 11, 2013 8:01:08 AM

mawinder wrote:
ChumsQuest wrote:
mawinder wrote:
Pesa Nane wrote:
Impunity wrote:
Ngong wrote:

@Impunity with impunity.

Source Faulu Kenya:

I may not know as those returns are minimal and I consider it lazy to invest in Tbills,bonds,fixed deposits etc as the returns are meagre.Anything below 75% p.a I don't touch but if I must then I must consult Moses Muregi and John Thagana.

What??? Mawinder, ati anything below 75% p.a. u don't touch? What am I doing wrong am you are trading? I need to be schooled...
mawinder
#120 Posted : Saturday, May 11, 2013 8:43:23 AM

ChumsQuest wrote:
mawinder wrote:
ChumsQuest wrote:
mawinder wrote:
Pesa Nane wrote:
Impunity wrote:
Ngong wrote:

@Impunity with impunity.

Source Faulu Kenya:

What??? Mawinder, ati anything below 75% p.a. u don't touch? What am I doing wrong am you are trading? I need to be schooled...

Even a prudent shopkeeper makes 100% per annum.