wazua Wed, Sep 25, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

DSTV remote control problem
jaggernaut
#1 Posted : Monday, April 01, 2013 11:09:54 PM

The 'exit' key of the remote control isn't responsive any more. Very frustrating since I can't exit the various menus. I have opened the remote and cleaned the key button circuits but it still isn't working. What next? Can it be repaired? Can DSTV replace the faulty gadget? If not, what's the cost of a new remote?
Impunity
#2 Posted : Monday, April 01, 2013 11:26:22 PM

jaggernaut wrote:
The 'exit' key of the remote control isn't responsive any more. Very frustrating since you can exit the various menus. I have opened the remote and cleaned the key button circuits but it still isn't working. What next? Can it be repaired? Can DSTV replace the faulty gadget? If not, what's the cost of a new remote?

Just buy a new decoder.
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

jaggernaut
#3 Posted : Monday, April 01, 2013 11:36:59 PM

Impunity wrote:
jaggernaut wrote:
The 'exit' key of the remote control isn't responsive any more. Very frustrating since you can exit the various menus. I have opened the remote and cleaned the key button circuits but it still isn't working. What next? Can it be repaired? Can DSTV replace the faulty gadget? If not, what's the cost of a new remote?

Just buy a new decoder.

Wacha mucheso!
Shak
#4 Posted : Monday, April 01, 2013 11:40:35 PM

I'm told a new remote costs 1700 bob. Mine also has issues despite changing the batteries
jaggernaut
#5 Posted : Monday, April 01, 2013 11:55:16 PM

Shak wrote:
I'm told a new remote costs 1700 bob. Mine also has issues despite changing the batteries

Whaaat? Why punish customers and it's them who have supplied faulty gadgets? My Sony TV remote is still working like brand new after 10 years, while the DSTV one has failed after just 3yrs!