enyands wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
obiero wrote:
Cornelius Vanderbilt wrote:
obiero wrote:
obiero wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
Single digit price from tomorrow

Traders will have a field day, but some of us can watch a stock go down by over 80% and still live on. Even at KES 17 COOP is cheap. The current price can only be equated to the biblical manna

@mlennyma we waited for the single digit on COOP it never came.. Money on the table right here with COOP,decide if you want to collect the cash, one of the cheapest tier 1 stocks

you can turn into a stone statue waiting for this stock to rally.

do you know how many times the stock has split or bonus issued? what about the dividend yield? plus the stock once touched KES 5.8 and rose to KES 23.. In stocks, it's all about time

Since IPO split = zero!!!!!

I categorically mentioned that one time and our sister guru267 alinivamia sana.i compared it to its competitor-member,that went up ,split, came down, went up again split na hii coop iko just there.

My friend who invested in member in 2008 has 3 times the number of shares I have at coop ,of a higher value and yet we had initially invest the same amount of shares .

Tried to hammer this point to guru267 but as you know she will dismiss and brush you aside with some financial technical words that till today I have never understood what she meant Laughing out loudly

Elderly wisdom right there. Memba has better ROE, ROA, Margins, NIM which on the long run translate to a better return.

This is what happened

-I had 10,000 coop wrth 100k
-My pal 1000 equity wrth 100k

-My pal had 2000 eqt wrth 50k because of spilt they had, the price had to be halved.Later that year his share hit 100 again so his worth became whooping 200,000 meanwhile I got stuck at 100,000

-I had 10,000 coop worth still 100k
-my pals share split again and he was given I think 1000 shares more so he had 3000 equity and the price that time hit 120 so his worth became 320,000 and here he boomed out

So at the end of 2008 he was worth 320,000 while poor me got stuck at 100k till today .

I have taken my time to do an explanation. I regret why I never followed his path. equity is 100 times better in terms of ROE and ROA than coop..all hands down

Even in your own analysis there are biased lies.. We have all agreed that the coop share issued 2 bonuses which you fail to mention. Further, when the coop price peaked at KES 23, who really stopped you from bailing out?? Its impossible for you to remain constant at KES 100K unless you have terrible stock trading capacity

Just to correct you,my analysis was based on end of 2008. He bailed out I stayed
Also I have my personal reasons why I didn't sell this one till today. I was a former employee and I'm using using it as a leverage on something.i have much much more than 10k just that i was using it as a starting point. So don't base your analogy on your guru skills of kq on mine . Wewe ni pro amaLaughing out loudly
Ebenyo
#602 Posted : Sunday, November 13, 2016 8:12:52 AM

enyands wrote:
obiero wrote:
enyands wrote:
sparkly wrote:
enyands wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
obiero wrote:
obiero wrote:
obiero wrote:
mlennyma wrote:

Traders will have a field day, but some of us can watch a stock go down by over 80% and still live on. Even at KES 17 COOP is cheap. The current price can only be equated to the biblical manna

@mlennyma we waited for the single digit on COOP it never came.. Money on the table right here with COOP,decide if you want to collect the cash, one of the cheapest tier 1 stocks

do you know how many times the stock has split or bonus issued? what about the dividend yield? plus the stock once touched KES 5.8 and rose to KES 23.. In stocks, it's all about time

I categorically mentioned that one time and our sister guru267 alinivamia sana.i compared it to its competitor-member,that went up ,split, came down, went up again split na hii coop iko just there.

My friend who invested in member in 2008 has 3 times the number of shares I have at coop ,of a higher value and yet we had initially invest the same amount of shares .

Tried to hammer this point to guru267 but as you know she will dismiss and brush you aside with some financial technical words that till today I have never understood what she meant Laughing out loudly

Elderly wisdom right there. Memba has better ROE, ROA, Margins, NIM which on the long run translate to a better return.

This is what happened

-My pal had 2000 eqt wrth 50k because of spilt they had, the price had to be halved.Later that year his share hit 100 again so his worth became whooping 200,000 meanwhile I got stuck at 100,000

-my pals share split again and he was given I think 1000 shares more so he had 3000 equity and the price that time hit 120 so his worth became 320,000 and here he boomed out

So at the end of 2008 he was worth 320,000 while poor me got stuck at 100k till today .

I have taken my time to do an explanation. I regret why I never followed his path. equity is 100 times better in terms of ROE and ROA than coop..all hands down

Even in your own analysis there are biased lies.. We have all agreed that the coop share issued 2 bonuses which you fail to mention. Further, when the coop price peaked at KES 23, who really stopped you from bailing out?? Its impossible for you to remain constant at KES 100K unless you have terrible stock trading capacity

Just to correct you,my analysis was based on end of 2008. He bailed out I stayed
Also I have my personal reasons why I didn't sell this one till today. I was a former employee and I'm using using it as a leverage on something.i have much much more than 10k just that i was using it as a starting point. So don't base your analogy on your guru skills of kq on mine . Wewe ni pro amaLaughing out loudly

I think its very unfair to compare co-op with member.Equity can only be compared with simba.While coop can be fairly compared with barclays,hfck,i&m and dtb.
Towards the goal of financial freedom
Ericsson
#603 Posted : Sunday, November 13, 2016 9:55:59 AM

@enyands
You forgot to mention that in 2008 during the IPO coop did a share split of 1:100
So the person who had 10,000 shares now has1,000,000.
In 2012 a bonus issue of 1:5 was issued which now brings the total shares to 1.2mn
In 2014 a bonus issue of 1:6 was issued which now brings the total number to 1.5mn shares.
Multiply that with the current value and get your maths.
Add also the total dividend received so far
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
enyands
#604 Posted : Sunday, November 13, 2016 11:03:52 AM

Ebenyo wrote:
enyands wrote:
obiero wrote:
enyands wrote:
sparkly wrote:
enyands wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
obiero wrote:
obiero wrote:
obiero wrote:
mlennyma wrote:

This is what happened

I think its very unfair to compare co-op with member.Equity can only be compared with simba.While coop can be fairly compared with barclays,hfck,i&m and dtb.

I hope obiero issuing notes
enyands
#605 Posted : Sunday, November 13, 2016 11:06:27 AM

Ericsson wrote:
@enyands
You forgot to mention that in 2008 during the IPO coop did a share split of 1:100
So the person who had 10,000 shares now has1,000,000.
In 2012 a bonus issue of 1:5 was issued which now brings the total shares to 1.2mn
In 2014 a bonus issue of 1:6 was issued which now brings the total number to 1.5mn shares.
Multiply that with the current value and get your maths.
Add also the total dividend received so far

I'm telling you what I saw when I was there it's only @othelo who may understand
Ericsson
#606 Posted : Sunday, November 13, 2016 8:53:39 PM

@enyands
We were comparing the performance of equity and coop bank from the period 2006-2016.
The other ukoras can be dealt with in another forum.
I know of a normal citizen who had 200 shares and after the IPO and share split shares became 20,000.
enyands
#607 Posted : Sunday, November 13, 2016 9:28:04 PM

Ericsson wrote:
@enyands
We were comparing the performance of equity and coop bank from the period 2006-2016.
The other ukoras can be dealt with in another forum.
I know of a normal citizen who had 200 shares and after the IPO and share split shares became 20,000.

I hope hii you are talking of ni member that underwent a lot of split
Ericsson
#608 Posted : Sunday, November 13, 2016 9:38:00 PM

@enyands
Hiyo ni Kinkdom bank
enyands
#609 Posted : Monday, November 14, 2016 2:47:17 AM

Ericsson wrote:
@enyands
Hiyo ni Kinkdom bank

Eric I don't know what class of shares you are referring to because there is class A and class B. I held mine for more than 9 yrs.just one time i remember there was a little, very little bonus i think for every 1000 shares you had they gave you 100  which translated to 10% of your holdings. Which was so much small. If we compare the same ratio with equity we find equity to have doubled and tripled and done wonders .

But your math was worrying because the people who made it are people who had shares pre-ipo like you 200 shares friend and some selected "few". These are people whom their shares went 100X. But the likes of us who got post Ipo ,we just got a bonus and a cute dividends year after year.

All people who made it are the ones pre-ipo.Here is all your answers

official records show that senior employees and directors who bought Co-op Bank shares at a par value of Sh100 have seen the value of their investment appreciate by close to 800 per cent after each share was split 100 times and assigned a nominal value of Sh1 in the run up to the listing

I would have printed My statement you see what I mean if you think my sentiments aren't correct Laughing out loudly but mimi sio  obierod'oh!
Ericsson
#610 Posted : Monday, November 14, 2016 10:00:14 AM

@enyands
if its post IPO then there have only been two bonus issues.
As for the share performance post IPO it's been pathetic;I even mentioned in an earlier quote that even Kenya Re share price performance is better than coop in the period mentioned.
enyands
#611 Posted : Monday, November 14, 2016 3:32:31 PM

Ericsson wrote:
@enyands
As for the share performance post IPO it's been pathetic;I even mentioned in an earlier quote that even Kenya Re share price performance is better than coop in the period mentioned.

I'm happy that we are in agreement . The day this stock will rally is the day that MD will step down . He had been on helm for a long long time .Time for new leadership is needed. But he has a way with those old board members so hii yangu ni kelele ya chura
obiero
#612 Posted : Monday, November 14, 2016 4:21:27 PM

enyands wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
@enyands

I'm happy that we are in agreement . The day this stock will rally is the day that MD will step down . He had been on helm for a long long time .Time for new leadership is needed. But he has a way with those old board members so his yangu ni kelele ya chura

Past performance in stocks should not be used to predict future movement.. Hii autopsy itawaangusha

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
enyands
#613 Posted : Monday, November 14, 2016 4:41:29 PM

obiero wrote:
enyands wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
@enyands

I'm happy that we are in agreement . The day this stock will rally is the day that MD will step down . He had been on helm for a long long time .Time for new leadership is needed. But he has a way with those old board members so his yangu ni kelele ya chura

Past performance in stocks should not be used to predict future movement.. Hii autopsy itawaangusha

There is a reason why some of us are holding on to it for even 15 yrs. For me as I said before isn't for capital gains or anything, but for leverage purposes.so even if ifike 2 Bob I'll still hold on. smile
obiero
#614 Posted : Thursday, November 24, 2016 6:00:56 PM

Today 4.6m shares were traded.. This is @obiero next bus http://www.businessdaily...463618-jup44e/index.html

obiero
#615 Posted : Saturday, December 31, 2016 8:08:51 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
obiero wrote:
Boris Boyka wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
Boris Boyka wrote:
obiero wrote:
hold on tight. KES 21 is coming in next few days. I shall sell at that price

@ Obiero don't you see it go higher than that by end yr or you're leaving it for "better faster" ROI elsewhere

@boris it may go higher but i am comfortable with my exit point. actually, im headed out of financials in kenya because of the imminent fall in interest rates that may lead to reduced profitability if non interest income is not well managed/grown
When interest rates decrease, many banks will decrease the interest rates paid to depositors as well thus maintaining the NIM as well as increasing the loan volumes. All that said, banks need to reduce their Cost-Income Ratio further by reducing the expensive channels. It will not be easy for banks in 2014.

This is a village indigenous cow which you call all villagers to assist you tie tightly to the crush for hours for you to milk "2cups". when coop was at 16 KK was 8,CIC 4,Unga 16,NBK 19 calculating %. Patience indeed.

Feb 24.2014.. That is when I asked to be excused from bank stocks, I then sold all I could including HFCK, KCB and some COOP. Like it always occurs with addiction, I was scuked back in by COOP & HFCK, albeit in reduced holdings. However, on keen evaluation I re-recommend a sale on all Kenyan bank stocks. Thank me later

with the current economic situation a slowdown in bank profits is a must with some already in the decline zone,I also feel there will be a good entry to bank stocks later not now.

To all that managed to lessen exposure to bank stocks. U can thank me now!
You advocated to sell banks, buy KQ. What's to be thankful about?

October 30.2015.. I was labelled a rumor monger, a false prophet.. Terrible terms, but those who listened must be thankful today. However, circumstances have now changed and it's time to load up on bank stocks heavily. But only the top tier, specifically Coop, KCB and Equity in that order, only

obiero
#616 Posted : Saturday, December 31, 2016 1:31:59 PM

stocksmaster wrote:
obiero wrote:
mwenza wrote:
When the master speaks, people ought to listen.....this particular share will make some people good money in the short term.

@mwenza the master may have inadvertently misled alot of people with his 1st quarter strategy, usiamini kila kitu unasoma hapa wazua; tumia akili pia. anywho, that said, co-op is not a bad bet

I intended to trade for only three quarters this year by giving the 1st quarter amiss. I try not to trade if the horizon is unclear, thats why I rarely loose money in the nse.

That said, I intend to beat the nse 20 share index (currently abt 20% up ytd) by the years end.

Happy hunting.

I miss @stocksmaster with my whole heart

sparkly
#617 Posted : Saturday, December 31, 2016 3:27:57 PM

obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
obiero wrote:
Boris Boyka wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
Boris Boyka wrote:
obiero wrote:

@ Obiero don't you see it go higher than that by end yr or you're leaving it for "better faster" ROI elsewhere

@boris it may go higher but i am comfortable with my exit point. actually, im headed out of financials in kenya because of the imminent fall in interest rates that may lead to reduced profitability if non interest income is not well managed/grown
When interest rates decrease, many banks will decrease the interest rates paid to depositors as well thus maintaining the NIM as well as increasing the loan volumes. All that said, banks need to reduce their Cost-Income Ratio further by reducing the expensive channels. It will not be easy for banks in 2014.

This is a village indigenous cow which you call all villagers to assist you tie tightly to the crush for hours for you to milk "2cups". when coop was at 16 KK was 8,CIC 4,Unga 16,NBK 19 calculating %. Patience indeed.

Feb 24.2014.. That is when I asked to be excused from bank stocks, I then sold all I could including HFCK, KCB and some COOP. Like it always occurs with addiction, I was scuked back in by COOP & HFCK, albeit in reduced holdings. However, on keen evaluation I re-recommend a sale on all Kenyan bank stocks. Thank me later

with the current economic situation a slowdown in bank profits is a must with some already in the decline zone,I also feel there will be a good entry to bank stocks later not now.

October 30.2015.. I was labelled a rumor monger, a false prophet.. Terrible terms, but those who listened must be thankful today. However, circumstances have now changed and it's time to load up on bank stocks heavily. But only the top tier, specifically Coop, KCB and Equity in that order, only

My No. 1 pick in banks is Equity Bank. They utilize their Assets and Capital most efficiently.
Life is short. Live passionately.
obiero
#618 Posted : Wednesday, January 04, 2017 5:50:16 PM

sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
obiero wrote:
Boris Boyka wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
Boris Boyka wrote:
obiero wrote:

My No. 1 pick in banks is Equity Bank. They utilize their Assets and Capital most efficiently.

3,007,100 COOP shares traded today.. Let us watch this space

obiero
#619 Posted : Thursday, January 05, 2017 8:57:13 PM

obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
obiero wrote:
Boris Boyka wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
Boris Boyka wrote:
obiero wrote:

3,007,100 COOP shares traded today 04.01.17.. Let us watch this space

4,862,000 COOP shares traded today 05.07.17, ukiona vyaelea.. https://www.nse.co.ke/ma...tatistics&Itemid=190

Ericsson
#620 Posted : Thursday, January 05, 2017 9:34:14 PM

Obiero in honest terms Coop has performed dismally since listing.
Listing in November 2008 at 9.50
Current price in 2017 share price is trading at 13 even if you factor in the two bonuses something is terribly wrong with this counter