wazua Wed, May 15, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

40 Pages«<2829303132>»
Coop Bank - Stocksmaster's 1st Play 2013
obiero
#581 Posted : Wednesday, August 10, 2016 8:40:37 AM

Ericsson wrote:
Coop yes has the second largest market share but what is revenue they get from the customers/products.
Are the majority of the customers who just receive income at the end of the month and do withdrawals

@ericsson have you ever heard of the term pool interest income.. banks can survive on deposits based on large customer base. they can lend excess cash to other banks or even the government. large client base and deposits are all a Kenyan bank needs, lending will thereafter come naturally. plus the other banks that you mention, what are the NPLs. Coop in my view has its house in order and the profit gap shall be reduced over time. Remember BBK was once the most profitable bank in Kenya followed closely by SCBK

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
obiero
#582 Posted : Wednesday, August 10, 2016 9:39:27 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
obiero wrote:
Boris Boyka wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
Boris Boyka wrote:
obiero wrote:
hold on tight. KES 21 is coming in next few days. I shall sell at that price

@ Obiero don't you see it go higher than that by end yr or you're leaving it for "better faster" ROI elsewhere

@boris it may go higher but i am comfortable with my exit point. actually, im headed out of financials in kenya because of the imminent fall in interest rates that may lead to reduced profitability if non interest income is not well managed/grown
When interest rates decrease, many banks will decrease the interest rates paid to depositors as well thus maintaining the NIM as well as increasing the loan volumes. All that said, banks need to reduce their Cost-Income Ratio further by reducing the expensive channels. It will not be easy for banks in 2014.

This is a village indigenous cow which you call all villagers to assist you tie tightly to the crush for hours for you to milk "2cups". when coop was at 16 KK was 8,CIC 4,Unga 16,NBK 19 calculating %. Patience indeed.

Feb 24.2014.. That is when I asked to be excused from bank stocks, I then sold all I could including HFCK, KCB and some COOP. Like it always occurs with addiction, I was scuked back in by COOP & HFCK, albeit in reduced holdings. However, on keen evaluation I re-recommend a sale on all Kenyan bank stocks. Thank me later

with the current economic situation a slowdown in bank profits is a must with some already in the decline zone,I also feel there will be a good entry to bank stocks later not now.

To all that managed to lessen exposure to bank stocks. U can thank me now!
You advocated to sell banks, buy KQ. What's to be thankful about?

Feb 24.2014 and then Sep 05.2015; this same message I reiterate today to @vvs and other hardheads, Kenyan bank stocks are officially risky. Trade at own peril

Ericsson
#583 Posted : Monday, August 15, 2016 2:03:03 PM

2016 Half year results expected to be announced on Thursday this week
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
obiero
#584 Posted : Thursday, August 25, 2016 5:30:28 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
Boris Boyka wrote:
obiero wrote:

@ Obiero don't you see it go higher than that by end yr or you're leaving it for "better faster" ROI elsewhere

@boris it may go higher but i am comfortable with my exit point. actually, im headed out of financials in kenya because of the imminent fall in interest rates that may lead to reduced profitability if non interest income is not well managed/grown
When interest rates decrease, many banks will decrease the interest rates paid to depositors as well thus maintaining the NIM as well as increasing the loan volumes. All that said, banks need to reduce their Cost-Income Ratio further by reducing the expensive channels. It will not be easy for banks in 2014.

On February 24th, 2014 I issued a warning.. Let us see whether @vvs is good at further forecasts

VituVingiSana
#585 Posted : Thursday, August 25, 2016 10:18:26 AM

obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
Boris Boyka wrote:
obiero wrote:

On February 24th, 2014 I issued a warning.. Let us see whether @vvs is good at further forecasts

I have I&M as a "Core Holding" [as most Wazuans who follow me know] and some Equity. Am I worried about I&M under interest capping? Not really.
Equity may be hurt more in the short term but JM is quick about making decisions and I am watching.
Coop? Sina. So Coop at 20 or 6 makes no difference to my portfolio.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
obiero
#586 Posted : Thursday, August 25, 2016 10:29:34 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
Boris Boyka wrote:
obiero wrote:

I have I&M as a "Core Holding" [as most Wazuans who follow me know] and some Equity. Am I worried about I&M under interest capping? Not really.
Equity may be hurt more in the short term but JM is quick about making decisions and I am watching.

I&M may close shop let alone slide in share price

mlennyma
#587 Posted : Thursday, August 25, 2016 10:40:23 AM

Single digit price from tomorrow
"Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning."
enyands
#588 Posted : Thursday, August 25, 2016 10:44:27 AM

Quick question does CBA deal with corporate clients ama wanjikus
obiero
#589 Posted : Thursday, August 25, 2016 10:50:00 AM

mlennyma wrote:

Traders will have a field day, but some of us can watch a stock go down by over 80% and still live on. Even at KES 17 COOP is cheap. The current price can only be equated to the biblical manna

VituVingiSana
#590 Posted : Thursday, August 25, 2016 1:45:14 PM

obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
Boris Boyka wrote:
obiero wrote:

I&M may close shop let alone slide in share price

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly We will ask GoK for a bailout.
I want the price to fall further. I am lining up chapaa. Another 10% slide kesho and I am in for more shares.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
VituVingiSana
#591 Posted : Thursday, August 25, 2016 2:03:50 PM

enyands wrote:
Quick question does CBA deal with corporate clients ama wanjikus

Depositors: Corporate
Borrowers: Corporate and through M-Shwari the Wanjiku. The latter have been frozen out.
obiero
#592 Posted : Friday, November 11, 2016 11:51:25 PM

obiero wrote:
mlennyma wrote:

Traders will have a field day, but some of us can watch a stock go down by over 80% and still live on. Even at KES 17 COOP is cheap. The current price can only be equated to the biblical manna

@mlennyma we waited for the single digit on COOP it never came.. Money on the table right here with COOP,decide if you want to collect the cash, one of the cheapest tier 1 stocks

Cornelius Vanderbilt
#593 Posted : Saturday, November 12, 2016 3:01:11 PM

obiero wrote:
obiero wrote:
mlennyma wrote:

@mlennyma we waited for the single digit on COOP it never came.. Money on the table right here with COOP,decide if you want to collect the cash, one of the cheapest tier 1 stocks

you can turn into a stone statue waiting for this stock to rally.
obiero
#594 Posted : Saturday, November 12, 2016 3:24:58 PM

Cornelius Vanderbilt wrote:
obiero wrote:
obiero wrote:
mlennyma wrote:

do you know how many times the stock has split or bonus issued? what about the dividend yield? plus the stock once touched KES 5.8 and rose to KES 23.. In stocks, it's all about time

Angelica _ann
#595 Posted : Saturday, November 12, 2016 3:36:52 PM

obiero wrote:
obiero wrote:
obiero wrote:
mlennyma wrote:

do you know how many times the stock has split or bonus issued? what about the dividend yield? plus the stock once touched KES 5.8 and rose to KES 23.. In stocks, it's all about time

Since IPO split = zero!!!!!
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
Ericsson
#596 Posted : Saturday, November 12, 2016 5:11:03 PM

Bonus issue is twice
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
enyands
#597 Posted : Saturday, November 12, 2016 5:15:21 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
obiero wrote:
obiero wrote:
obiero wrote:
mlennyma wrote:

I categorically mentioned that one time and our sister guru267 alinivamia sana.i compared it to its competitor-member,that went up ,split, came down, went up again split na hii coop iko just there.

My friend who invested in member in 2008 has 3 times the number of shares I have at coop ,of a higher value and yet we had initially invest the same amount of shares .

Tried to hammer this point to guru267 but as you know she will dismiss and brush you aside with some financial technical words that till today I have never understood what she meant Laughing out loudly
sparkly
#598 Posted : Saturday, November 12, 2016 6:17:28 PM

enyands wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
obiero wrote:
obiero wrote:
obiero wrote:
mlennyma wrote:

I categorically mentioned that one time and our sister guru267 alinivamia sana.i compared it to its competitor-member,that went up ,split, came down, went up again split na hii coop iko just there.

My friend who invested in member in 2008 has 3 times the number of shares I have at coop ,of a higher value and yet we had initially invest the same amount of shares .

Tried to hammer this point to guru267 but as you know she will dismiss and brush you aside with some financial technical words that till today I have never understood what she meant Laughing out loudly

Elderly wisdom right there. Memba has better ROE, ROA, Margins, NIM which on the long run translate to a better return.
Life is short. Live passionately.
enyands
#599 Posted : Sunday, November 13, 2016 6:18:31 AM

sparkly wrote:
enyands wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
obiero wrote:
obiero wrote:
obiero wrote:
mlennyma wrote:

Elderly wisdom right there. Memba has better ROE, ROA, Margins, NIM which on the long run translate to a better return.

This is what happened

-I had 10,000 coop wrth 100k
-My pal 1000 equity wrth 100k

-My pal had 2000 eqt wrth 50k because of spilt they had, the price had to be halved.Later that year his share hit 100 again so his worth became whooping 200,000 meanwhile I got stuck at 100,000

-I had 10,000 coop worth still 100k
-my pals share split again and he was given I think 1000 shares more so he had 3000 equity and the price that time hit 120 so his worth became 320,000 and here he boomed out

So at the end of 2008 he was worth 320,000 while poor me got stuck at 100k till today .

I have taken my time to do an explanation. I regret why I never followed his path. equity is 100 times better in terms of ROE and ROA than coop..all hands down
obiero
#600 Posted : Sunday, November 13, 2016 6:33:02 AM

enyands wrote:
sparkly wrote:
enyands wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
obiero wrote:
obiero wrote:
obiero wrote:
mlennyma wrote:

This is what happened

-My pal 1000 equity wrth 100k

-My pal had 2000 eqt wrth 50k because of spilt they had, the price had to be halved.Later that year his share hit 100 again so his worth became whooping 200,000 meanwhile I got stuck at 100,000

-I had 10,000 coop worth still 100k
-my pals share split again and he was given I think 1000 shares more so he had 3000 equity and the price that time hit 120 so his worth became 320,000 and here he boomed out

So at the end of 2008 he was worth 320,000 while poor me got stuck at 100k till today .

I have taken my time to do an explanation. I regret why I never followed his path. equity is 100 times better in terms of ROE and ROA than coop..all hands down

Even in your own analysis there are biased lies.. We have all agreed that the coop share issued 2 bonuses which you fail to mention. Further, when the coop price peaked at KES 23, who really stopped you from bailing out?? Its impossible for you to remain constant at KES 100K unless you have terrible stock trading capacity