wazua Mon, May 6, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

40 Pages<1234>»
Coop Bank - Stocksmaster's 1st Play 2013
mwenza
#21 Posted : Sunday, March 31, 2013 11:35:39 AM

obiero wrote:
mwenza wrote:
When the master speaks, people ought to listen.....this particular share will make some people good money in the short term.

@mwenza the master may have inadvertently misled alot of people with his 1st quarter strategy, usiamini kila kitu unasoma hapa wazua; tumia akili pia. anywho, that said, co-op is not a bad bet

In the 1st quarter he expected Kenyans to think ICC and sanctions. This did not immediately happen but we are not out of the woods yet. A clearer picture of where we are headed as a country will emerge in late May when a date with destiny is scheduled to happen......EVerybody's guess is that before that date we shall be inundated with a lot of "we are a sovereign state" rhetorics, before THe HAgue is eventually given a big miss.

Meanwhile any cunning investor should make good money out of the expected euphoria in the meantime but must guard against being caught with their pants down.
IF YOU EXPECT ME TO POST ANYTHING POSITIVE ABOUT ASENO, YOU MAY AS WELL SIT ON A PIN
youcan'tstopusnow
#22 Posted : Sunday, March 31, 2013 12:25:52 PM

obiero wrote:
mwenza wrote:
When the master speaks, people ought to listen.....this particular share will make some people good money in the short term.

@mwenza the master may have inadvertently misled alot of people with his 1st quarter strategy, usiamini kila kitu unasoma hapa wazua; tumia akili pia. anywho, that said, co-op is not a bad bet

The perils of
coat tail investing. No one should complain though, as they didn't when he made them a lot over the years.
GOD BLESS YOUR LIFE
stocksmaster
#23 Posted : Sunday, March 31, 2013 12:32:51 PM

obiero wrote:
mwenza wrote:

I intended to trade for only three quarters this year by giving the 1st quarter amiss. I try not to trade if the horizon is unclear, thats why I rarely loose money in the nse.

That said, I intend to beat the nse 20 share index (currently abt 20% up ytd) by the years end.

Happy hunting.
Cde Monomotapa
#24 Posted : Sunday, March 31, 2013 12:45:30 PM

youcan'tstopusnow wrote:
obiero wrote:
mwenza wrote:

The perils of
coat tail investing. No one should complain though, as they didn't when he made them a lot over the years.

obiero
#25 Posted : Sunday, March 31, 2013 1:33:54 PM

stocksmaster wrote:
obiero wrote:
mwenza wrote:

I intended to trade for only three quarters this year by giving the 1st quarter amiss. I try not to trade if the horizon is unclear, thats why I rarely loose money in the nse.

That said, I intend to beat the nse 20 share index (currently abt 20% up ytd) by the years end.

Happy hunting.

@stocksmaster. all the best. but why invest now and not after ICC cloud has passed. has the risk element faded enough

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
mwenza
#26 Posted : Sunday, March 31, 2013 3:00:30 PM

obiero wrote:
stocksmaster wrote:
obiero wrote:
mwenza wrote:

Happy hunting.

@stocksmaster. all the best. but why invest now and not after ICC cloud has passed. has the risk element faded enough

He might not say it but its an open secret that the market will be jittery around the time (late May) Ruto gives Hague the expected miss.
IF YOU EXPECT ME TO POST ANYTHING POSITIVE ABOUT ASENO, YOU MAY AS WELL SIT ON A PIN
murchr
#27 Posted : Sunday, March 31, 2013 5:41:20 PM

Those who think the ICC will cause jitters are very very wrong....keep watching, just like i said there will not be any sanctions...the same will happen in this case. But hey...if the jitters will mean another bargain why not?
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
S.Mutaga III
#28 Posted : Sunday, March 31, 2013 5:53:25 PM

My bet is cfc stanbic holdings.
A successful man is not he who gets the best, it is he who makes the best from what he gets.
Hunderwear
#29 Posted : Sunday, March 31, 2013 6:05:19 PM

S.Mutaga III wrote:

Whats your target price?
mwenza
#30 Posted : Sunday, March 31, 2013 6:16:54 PM

murchr wrote:
Those who think the ICC will cause jitters are very very wrong....keep watching, just like i said there will not be any sanctions...the same will happen in this case. But hey...if the jitters will mean another bargain why not?

Are you suggesting that our validly elected leaders,in a sovereign country, will appear at THe Hague to answer charges for crimes against humanity?...people need to get serious.
S.Mutaga III
#31 Posted : Sunday, March 31, 2013 6:40:10 PM

Hunderwear wrote:
S.Mutaga III wrote:

Whats your target price?

North of 100bob by year end.
A successful man is not he who gets the best, it is he who makes the best from what he gets.
Aguytrying
#32 Posted : Monday, April 01, 2013 9:14:57 PM

S.Mutaga III wrote:
Hunderwear wrote:
S.Mutaga III wrote:

Whats your target price?

North of 100bob by year end.

Do u regret leaving hfck too early? Its been on a roll since those days.
The investor's chief problem - and even his worst enemy - is likely to be himself
murchr
#33 Posted : Monday, April 01, 2013 10:53:13 PM

mwenza wrote:
murchr wrote:

Are you suggesting that our validly elected leaders,in a sovereign country, will appear at THe Hague to answer charges for crimes against humanity?...people need to get serious.

I said keep watching. Nothing is driving these foreignors from investing here. I sneaked into some forum where they were discussing which banks and companies to put their money into. (Ofcourse because of the hydrocarbon play) All they wanted was a peaceful election and that is water under the bridge. Research widely
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
VituVingiSana
#34 Posted : Tuesday, April 02, 2013 12:11:51 AM

stocksmaster wrote:
obiero wrote:
mwenza wrote:

Happy hunting.

Respect Applause Applause Applause
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
mwekez@ji
#35 Posted : Tuesday, April 02, 2013 9:47:11 AM

murchr wrote:
mwenza wrote:
murchr wrote:

I said keep watching. Nothing is driving these foreignors from investing here. I sneaked into some forum where they were discussing which banks and companies to put their money into. (Ofcourse because of the hydrocarbon play) All they wanted was a peaceful election and that is water under the bridge. Research widely

@murchr, which forum is that. wouldnt mind sneaking in too
tuvok
#36 Posted : Tuesday, April 02, 2013 11:00:33 AM

It appears everyone was reading this...
SittingPretty
#37 Posted : Tuesday, April 02, 2013 1:59:22 PM

tuvok wrote:

Indeed, looks like you can take @Stocksmasters word to the bank! Sold KQ on thursday albeit at loss and boarded COOP, no regrets! Whoever the fellow is Applause Applause Applause
Timely advice is as lovely as golden apples in a silver basket. Proverbs 25:11
kazee
#38 Posted : Wednesday, April 03, 2013 1:48:55 PM

SittingPretty wrote:
tuvok wrote:

Indeed, looks like you can take @Stocksmasters word to the bank! Sold KQ on thursday albeit at loss and boarded COOP, no regrets! Whoever the fellow is Applause Applause Applause

The reverse gear on coop and Centum has been as fast as the forward gear was. They are on such a slippery slide today. Lets see what happens from tomorrow after the mad selling is over today
stocksmaster
#39 Posted : Wednesday, April 03, 2013 2:02:15 PM

kazee wrote:
SittingPretty wrote:
tuvok wrote:

The reverse gear on coop and Centum has been as fast as the forward gear was. They are on such a slippery slide today. Lets see what happens from tomorrow after the mad selling is over today

Shares seem to obey Sigmund Freud's theory of Psychosexual development........if u miss a developmental stage in life, you have to revisit it later. The coop bank rally yesterday was too swift and hence the Ksh 17-17.90 range was avoided and is now being revisited.

Happy hunting.
#40 Posted : Wednesday, April 03, 2013 3:21:56 PM

Coop bank's systems down in Nairobi (and I hope Nairobi only). They are not receiving deposits. Hope they resolve it soon and get a new system because this one is either faulty or compromised.

BBI will solve it
:)