wazua Fri, May 3, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Tullow Scholarships Advice Please!
infomaniac
#1 Posted : Thursday, March 21, 2013 2:00:06 PM

Hi wazuans,
My application for Tullow scholarship was successful and i have been invited for an "evaluation". Is there any wazuan who knows the steps for the rigorous selection process? What are the key areas to watch out for? I believe the british council uses same process for all scholarships they manage.

Anyone?Pray
Kusadikika
#2 Posted : Thursday, March 21, 2013 3:34:17 PM

Congratulations. The first thing to know about any interview is that you need to relax and be yourself. This is definitely a big thing for you but the thing is not to let it be because you become tense. Know yourself thoroughly, know everything you have written in your CV. Read anything and everything you can find on Tullow and be familiar with it as to be able to hold a casual conversation about any of the stuff they do. Again relax and be yourself. Good luck.
infomaniac
#3 Posted : Thursday, March 21, 2013 4:12:13 PM

Kusadikika wrote:
Congratulations. The first thing to know about any interview is that you need to relax and be yourself. This is definitely a big thing for you but the thing is not to let it be because you become tense. Know yourself thoroughly, know everything you have written in your CV. Read anything and everything you can find on Tullow and be familiar with it as to be able to hold a casual conversation about any of the stuff they do. Again relax and be yourself. Good luck.

Thank you Kusadikika. Your advice is well taken. It is ,indeed, a big thing for me.
BGL
#4 Posted : Thursday, March 21, 2013 4:51:43 PM

infomaniac wrote:
Hi wazuans,
My application for Tullow scholarship was successful and i have been invited for an "evaluation". Is there any wazuan who knows the steps for the rigorous selection process? What are the key areas to watch out for? I believe the british council uses same process for all scholarships they manage.

Anyone?Pray

A few tips.
Rule no. 1 => Give short and precise answers
Rule no. 2 => Maintain eye contact when answering questions
Rule no. 3 => If you are not sure of something say YOU DO NOT KNOW but speculate
Rule no. 4 => Be very clear with your employment history and when asked about the gaps give answers which are believable.

This is not a tip but a factual question
- Describe yourself.... Take 1-2min to answer this question (starting with your name....................).
- Why did you apply for this position
- Why choose Tullow and not any other scholarship program

As you exit, remember to thank them for giving you the opportunity for an interview.
History will not remember you for your IQ. It will remember you for what you did. “Genius is 1 percent inspiration, 99 percent perspiration.” Thomas Edison
MatataMingi
#5 Posted : Thursday, March 21, 2013 5:07:18 PM

All good points provided above.

I will add :
- Dress well, not expensive but well
- Do NOT lie about ANYTHING. Things come back to haunt you.
- As already mentioned, read about the company, and then get a GREAT story together as to why you want to join them.
- Do NOT discuss politics, religion etc.
And above all, be yourself.

Good luck bro
jonna
#6 Posted : Friday, March 22, 2013 7:22:10 AM

MatataMingi wrote:

I will add :
- As already mentioned, read about the company, and then get a GREAT story together as to why you want to join them.

Good luck bro

Do not lie??

Now thats funny.Laughing out loudly
Energy.
infomaniac
#7 Posted : Friday, March 22, 2013 9:10:59 AM

BGL wrote:
infomaniac wrote:
Hi wazuans,

Anyone?Pray

A few tips.
Rule no. 1 => Give short and precise answers
Rule no. 2 => Maintain eye contact when answering questions
Rule no. 3 => If you are not sure of something say YOU DO NOT KNOW but speculate
Rule no. 4 => Be very clear with your employment history and when asked about the gaps give answers which are believable.

This is not a tip but a factual question
- Describe yourself.... Take 1-2min to answer this question (starting with your name....................).
- Why did you apply for this position
- Why choose Tullow and not any other scholarship program

As you exit, remember to thank them for giving you the opportunity for an interview.

Ahsante BGL
infomaniac
#8 Posted : Friday, March 22, 2013 1:47:54 PM

MatataMingi wrote:

I will add :

Good luck bro

Thanks bro
Meme14
#9 Posted : Sunday, April 27, 2014 10:13:06 PM

Hi..its an old post but am kinda in the same predicament.is the evaluation a test or an interview coz they mentioned there will be an interview as the next step after the evaluation?