wazua Fri, Apr 26, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

126 Pages«<9293949596>»
Madness at the NSE
obiero
#1861 Posted : Wednesday, October 30, 2019 10:51:10 AM

Sufficiently Philanga....thropic wrote:
Co-op bank rallying hard!
HAFR, the monkey, sitting at the table with the big boys.Wonders these d'oh!

COOP is a stock to watch

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
Fyatu
#1862 Posted : Wednesday, October 30, 2019 10:54:44 AM

nairobby wrote:
NSE is back baby!

I hope you are squarely inside one of the buses and you are not like others who like making too much kelele and yet hold nothing. The winter has been long and dark. Lets enjoy the sunlight
Dumb money becomes dumb only when it listens to smart money
sparkly
#1863 Posted : Wednesday, October 30, 2019 1:31:53 PM

Santa Claus rally coming early. Possible to make 20-30% gains by Christmas.
Life is short. Live passionately.
mlennyma
#1864 Posted : Wednesday, October 30, 2019 1:48:42 PM

sparkly wrote:

this rally was lastly witnessed during kibakis time, about 5 counters hitting 10%....supply dries in BBK,NCBA,CO OP,HFCK

Don't chase, wait for profit taking people were very hungry
"Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning."
lochaz-index
#1865 Posted : Wednesday, October 30, 2019 2:03:38 PM

Following the Prseident's refusal to sign the Finance bill until the rate cap is done away with, September 2019's 10 year low of 2420 will be the floor.....

This will hold into next yearApplause Applause Applause

With the resistance set at 2420 on top of a GFC low of 2360 and a jumbo volume spike at current levels it will take a sell-off of monumental proportions to breach those targets. That will set up a nice fear gauge/capitulation measure when it pans out probably in H2 of 2020.

I don't expect the current rally to push above 3000 and not much either in the way of aggressive lending by banks. Going forward it is still risk management that is imperative rather than seeking outsize returns especially if the old loans are to be repriced. Turning my gaze to KES, bond yields, bank bond holdings and the now resurrected CBR.

Curious that BBK, SCBK and stanbic join the laggard HFCK on low trade volumes coupled with zero foreign buying in contrast to what is happening to Coop, Kcb, Equity and DTB on both metrics.
The main purpose of the stock market is to make fools of as many people as possible.
Sufficiently Philanga....thropic
#1866 Posted : Wednesday, October 30, 2019 2:48:46 PM

lochaz-index wrote:
Following the Prseident's refusal to sign the Finance bill until the rate cap is done away with, September 2019's 10 year low of 2420 will be the floor.....

With the resistance set at 2420 on top of a GFC low of 2360 and a jumbo volume spike at current levels it will take a sell-off of monumental proportions to breach those targets. That will set up a nice fear gauge/capitulation measure when it pans out probably in H2 of 2020.

I don't expect the current rally to push above 3000 and not much either in the way of aggressive lending by banks. Going forward it is still risk management that is imperative rather than seeking outsize returns especially if the old loans are to be repriced. Turning my gaze to KES, bond yields, bank bond holdings and the now resurrected CBR.

Curious that BBK, SCBK and stanbic join the laggard HFCK on low trade volumes coupled with zero foreign buying in contrast to what is happening to Coop, Kcb, Equity and DTB on both metrics.

Taking down 3000 on the NSE would take turbo volumes and more importantly fiscal discipline by GoK.
It would be interesting to see the bond trade volumes going forward as banks choose to either take a hit on AFS bonds or reclassifying them to HTM.
I like that KES has reacted positively to the news. It would be interesting to see how the pair trends in the coming days.
@SufficientlyP
nairobby
#1867 Posted : Wednesday, October 30, 2019 3:17:27 PM

Fyatu wrote:
nairobby wrote:
NSE is back baby!

I hope you are squarely inside one of the buses and you are not like others who like making too much kelele and yet hold nothing. The winter has been long and dark. Lets enjoy the sunlight

Bought EQT, KCB during the dip at 36/37. Tuko ndani kabisa.
Fyatu
#1868 Posted : Wednesday, October 30, 2019 3:55:23 PM

nairobby wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
nairobby wrote:
NSE is back baby!

Bought EQT, KCB during the dip at 36/37. Tuko ndani kabisa.

Good man. Lets now enjoy the ride for the next three - five years.
Dumb money becomes dumb only when it listens to smart money
heri
#1869 Posted : Wednesday, October 30, 2019 4:39:02 PM

mlennyma wrote:
sparkly wrote:

this rally was lastly witnessed during kibakis time, about 5 counters hitting 10%....supply dries in BBK,NCBA,CO OP,HFCK

My counter Diamond Trust seems mute to the good news
Ericsson
#1870 Posted : Wednesday, October 30, 2019 4:49:39 PM

Kenya Banking Stocks (Market Closed)

~ Housing Finance 10%
~ Coop 10%
~ IMH 10%
~ NCBA 9.99%
~ Equity 9.63%
~ KCB Group 8.89%
~ DTB 8.23%
~ Barclays 7.63%
~Stanchart 3.24%
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
Ericsson
#1871 Posted : Wednesday, October 30, 2019 4:50:42 PM

mlennyma wrote:
sparkly wrote:

And horny like a bull
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
lochaz-index
#1872 Posted : Wednesday, October 30, 2019 7:42:31 PM

lochaz-index wrote:

Taking down 3000 on the NSE would take turbo volumes and more importantly fiscal discipline by GoK.
It would be interesting to see the bond trade volumes going forward as banks choose to either take a hit on AFS bonds or reclassifying them to HTM.
I like that KES has reacted positively to the news. It would be interesting to see how the pair trends in the coming days.

It will be interesting to observe GoK's fiscal position and its impact on the economy at large vis a vis sailing choppy waters both domestically and globally going forward. On fiscal discipline, we can write that off as a unicorn given that a new debt ceiling of 9T - approx 100% of GDP - was set specifically to enable KE to continue living beyond its means until something snaps aka kicking the can. There isn't much wiggle room left anyway so I guess the chickens will be coming home to roost.

For banks, I would prefer the ones that significantly scale down and take the hit on AFS bond holdings rather than reclassifying them to HTM which would only exacerbate a fiscal doom loop.
The main purpose of the stock market is to make fools of as many people as possible.
xtina
#1873 Posted : Wednesday, October 30, 2019 10:22:28 PM

You have been a member since:: 6/26/2008
I must admit I like seeing the green in banking stocks, feel like offloading a few and re-enter later coz I am not sure this green is gonna last long. Then I buy Centum, Unga and BAT.
obiero
#1874 Posted : Wednesday, October 30, 2019 11:15:59 PM

xtina wrote:
I must admit I like seeing the green in banking stocks, feel like offloading a few and re-enter later coz I am not sure this green is gonna last long. Then I buy Centum, Unga and BAT.

Think straight

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
lochaz-index
#1875 Posted : Thursday, October 31, 2019 7:09:39 AM

xtina wrote:

Is this wise?
xtina
#1876 Posted : Thursday, October 31, 2019 7:49:13 AM

You have been a member since:: 6/26/2008
lochaz-index wrote:
xtina wrote:

Is this wise?

I do not know Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly . The past one year has been absolutely dreadful so it is good to see some positive change. Anyway, I have bitten the bullet and will sell a few, let me enjoy while it lasts since I am not sure we will see this green again, at least in the near future and early 2020.
lochaz-index
#1877 Posted : Thursday, October 31, 2019 8:38:21 AM

xtina wrote:
lochaz-index wrote:
xtina wrote:

Is this wise?

I do not know Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly . The past one year has been absolutely dreadful so it is good to see some positive change. Anyway, I have bitten the bullet and will sell a few, let me enjoy while it lasts since I am not sure we will see this green again, at least in the near future and early 2020.

Ride the wave first then sell once the excitement is fizzling out towards the end of November.
AndyC
#1878 Posted : Thursday, October 31, 2019 8:58:31 AM

xtina wrote:

The CBK governor warns investors to expect lower returns from banks.Enjoy while it lasts!
mlennyma
#1879 Posted : Thursday, October 31, 2019 9:23:30 AM

If the cap goes it won't be very easy to get top banks at a discounted price
"Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning."
Ericsson
#1880 Posted : Thursday, October 31, 2019 4:04:25 PM

mlennyma wrote:
If the cap goes it won't be very easy to get top banks at a discounted price

Close of trade Thursday 31 October 2019

SCOM 23.21M 1.19T
KCB 15.01M 159.78B
EQTY 14.40M 175.48B