wazua Tue, May 14, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

126 Pages«<6970717273>»
Madness at the NSE
stocksmaster
#1401 Posted : Friday, September 14, 2018 10:37:28 AM

Sufficiently Philanga....thropic wrote:
Havent seen this level of Greed since 2006.
Truly peace haa the greatest returns.
Tomorrow we hit 5,000pts,whether or not MPC hikes CBR.

God bless Kenya!!!

It interesting that this was the 1st post for this thread.......March 2013, exactly five and a half years ago when the NSE 20 Share index was headed to 5000 pts....today its less than 60% of this.

When you check the top gainers and you see MSC, EVERDY, SAMEER, SASINI, EACABL are the top five gainers for the day, then you smell blood on the streets.Laughing out loudly

Happy hunting.
aemathenge
#1402 Posted : Friday, September 14, 2018 10:48:37 AM

Maddness at the NSE

That is the title on this thread.

What can be more "maddness at the NSE" than Housing Finance share price rising 3.17% on the trading day after the Group Managing Director proceeding with sick off?

This means the market is of the opinion that the sick Managing Director is actually a "Damaging Director".

Or am I reading this the wrong way?

kayhara
#1403 Posted : Friday, September 14, 2018 12:06:49 PM

Are there bots trading at the NSE or some sort of automated buying? Just asking, The frenzy continues
To Each His Own
maka
#1404 Posted : Friday, September 14, 2018 12:34:36 PM

kayhara wrote:
Are there bots trading at the NSE or some sort of automated buying? Just asking, The frenzy continues

Nuh...smile
possunt quia posse videntur
nyakosh
#1405 Posted : Friday, September 14, 2018 2:55:31 PM

Since stocks are for long term for the majority of investors, this is the best time to buy in the low but promising counters. However, speculation and short term investment is is appropriate for investors with deep pockets playing with 8 or more figures in cash
Problems can be very complicated, solutions cannot be.
obiero
#1406 Posted : Friday, September 14, 2018 6:30:47 PM

nyakosh wrote:
Since stocks are for long term for the majority of investors, this is the best time to buy in the low but promising counters. However, speculation and short term investment is is appropriate for investors with deep pockets playing with 8 or more figures in cash

Even four figure unaweza

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
Ericsson
#1407 Posted : Saturday, September 15, 2018 8:41:25 AM

obiero wrote:
nyakosh wrote:

Even four figure unaweza

Ksh.10,000 can give you 16,000 Mumias sugar shares
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
obiero
#1408 Posted : Saturday, September 15, 2018 9:32:24 AM

Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
nyakosh wrote:

Even four figure unaweza

Ksh.10,000 can give you 16,000 Mumias sugar shares

Same KES 10,000 could also give you 1,100 KQ shares

VituVingiSana
#1409 Posted : Saturday, September 15, 2018 7:29:50 PM

ARM's almost "instant death" (since I got in 1 month before it was put into a coma) seems far more preferable than the death by a 1000 cuts experienced in Mumias, KQ, Deacons, HAFR, etc!
The end result seems to be the same!

In the meantime, I await a dividend from KK - a core investment
Centum (Tier 2) will also pay a dividend soon.

Times are tough for my firms and I will have to dig deep.
KK - VAT & economic malaise
I&M - Malaise in the banking sector. I expect some weak banks to go under by 2020.
KenRe - Tough economy and competition. It should load up on cheap stocks and see the benefits in the future!
Unga - Slow economy. Competition. Increased costs including VAT

Centum - Slow economy and "dead" RE market
TPSEA - Large CAPEX, slow economy, how's tourism?
C&G - Slow economy, construction is slow

That said, if one can, buy into the well-mamanged (low-debt) firms at discounted prices.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
obiero
#1410 Posted : Saturday, September 15, 2018 7:33:57 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
ARM's almost "instant death" (since I got in 1 month before it was put into a coma) seems far more preferable than the death by a 1000 cuts experienced in Mumias, KQ, Deacons, HAFR, etc!

I&M - Malaise in the banking sector. I expect some weak banks to go under by 2020.
KenRe - Tough economy and competition. It should load up on cheap stocks and see the benefits in the future!

That said, if one can, buy into the well-mamanged (low-debt) firms at discounted prices.

Pole on your losses.. With time you may recover. On KQ, utajua hujui..

VituVingiSana
#1411 Posted : Saturday, September 15, 2018 8:43:44 PM

obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

Asante but I feel for you given that all my losses combined (including ARM), as a %, can't equal your losses in KQ. Take heart. One day KQ may fly. When it does, please consider helping me out by:

- Fueling up at KK
- Buying rolls from Unga
- Using I&M debit cards
- Reinsuring with KenRe those planes that will fly and land safely
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
whiteowl
#1412 Posted : Sunday, September 16, 2018 3:48:47 AM

nyakosh wrote:

Long term investment in emerging markets is an oxymoron.Stocks can go from bluechip to junk real fast.
obiero
#1413 Posted : Sunday, September 16, 2018 7:08:51 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

Asante but I feel for you given that all my losses combined (including ARM), as a %, can't equal your losses in KQ. Take heart. One day KQ may fly. When it does, please consider helping me out by:

- Fueling up at KK
- Buying rolls from Unga
- Using I&M debit cards

You of all people should know that success in investment is never a straight path. You may get into a stock at the wrong moment and another may get in at the right time hence different perspectives on the same share.. Like divorcing a woman who then goes on to have a stable and prosperous marriage

Ericsson
#1414 Posted : Sunday, September 16, 2018 7:19:35 AM

whiteowl wrote:
nyakosh wrote:

Long term investment in emerging markets is an oxymoron.Stocks can go from bluechip to junk real fast.

When you see a company moving from bluechip to junk dump it very fast.
One of the indicators i use is reading through the annual report of the company you've invested in and monitoring the periodic financial reports.
Ericsson
#1415 Posted : Sunday, September 16, 2018 7:21:17 AM

obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

- Fueling up at KK
- Buying rolls from Unga
- Using I&M debit cards

You of all people should know that success in investment is never a straight path. You may get into a stock at the wrong moment and another may get in at the right time hence different perspectives on the same share.. Like divorcing a woman who then goes on to have a stable and prosperous marriage

Success in investment is a Learning process,you learn from previous mistakes and work towards not repeating them
obiero
#1416 Posted : Sunday, September 16, 2018 7:24:32 AM

Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

- Fueling up at KK
- Buying rolls from Unga
- Using I&M debit cards

Success in investment is a Learning process,you learn from previous mistakes and work towards not repeating them

100% true

obiero
#1417 Posted : Sunday, September 16, 2018 7:26:24 AM

Ericsson wrote:
whiteowl wrote:
nyakosh wrote:

One of the indicators i use is reading through the annual report of the company you've invested in and monitoring the periodic financial reports.

That does help apart from when the books are crooked.. I believe primary focus should be on the industry and the company's competitive strength plus it's top leadership pedigree

Ericsson
#1418 Posted : Sunday, September 16, 2018 7:31:20 AM

obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
whiteowl wrote:
nyakosh wrote:

That does help apart from when the books are crooked.. I believe primary focus should be on the industry and the company's competitive strength plus it's top leadership pedigree

One thing i have seen over time that is making companies fall from blue chip to junk is debt and mkt share of its products aka competitive strength.
sparkly
#1419 Posted : Sunday, September 16, 2018 8:41:05 AM

obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

- Fueling up at KK
- Buying rolls from Unga
- Using I&M debit cards

True on the timing. However, Timing risk can be reduced by investing in stocks with a Buffetian moat.
Life is short. Live passionately.
Ericsson
#1420 Posted : Sunday, September 16, 2018 8:49:48 PM

HFCK example of a company moving from blue chip to junk.
There is a crisis in the NSE