#1381 Posted : Thursday, September 13, 2018 11:53:37 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
13 September 2018 at 11.20am

KPLC 4.95
Saf 26.00
KCB 40.75
Neveready 0.95
KQ 9.00

Shares I own that are hitting recent lows. A good buying opportunity but I have no cash!
Equity 42.75 d'oh!
CFC 96.00 d'oh!
ICDC 28.00 d'oh!
NIC 29.00 d'oh!
TPSEA 23.50 d'oh!

Unga, KK, KenRe and I&M are holding steady but not much higher than their recent lows.

Hold on, hold tight - good portfolio.
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
mulla
#1382 Posted : Thursday, September 13, 2018 12:46:38 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

KPLC 4.95
Saf 26.00
KCB 40.75
Neveready 0.95
KQ 9.00

Shares I own that are hitting recent lows. A good buying opportunity but I have no cash!
Equity 42.75 d'oh!
CFC 96.00 d'oh!
ICDC 28.00 d'oh!
NIC 29.00 d'oh!
TPSEA 23.50 d'oh!

Unga, KK, KenRe and I&M are holding steady but not much higher than their recent lows.

https://www.reuters.com/...own-warns-idUSKCN1LT0SM

Investors at the moment don't want to touch EM/FM so Kenya will not be spared too, and our economic downturn will not help matters. We should be braced for a tough NSE for the next few months and years.
Metch
#1383 Posted : Thursday, September 13, 2018 12:47:03 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

KPLC 4.95
Saf 26.00
KCB 40.75
Neveready 0.95
KQ 9.00

Equity 42.75 d'oh!
CFC 96.00 d'oh!
ICDC 28.00 d'oh!
NIC 29.00 d'oh!
TPSEA 23.50 d'oh!

Looking at my portfolio is like staring into the sun Sad
But how can I keep off KPL with a PE of 1.3?
Start!
Ericsson
#1384 Posted : Thursday, September 13, 2018 12:49:59 PM

BREAKING..
Kenya's $1.5 Standby Credit Facility with IMF Comes to an END;
Shilling weakens to 101.130 vs USD
Nairobi All Share Index Drops by -1.84%
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
lochaz-index
#1385 Posted : Thursday, September 13, 2018 1:16:20 PM

Ericsson wrote:
BREAKING..

Anyone with an idea what the treasury mandarins (and the government in general) are attempting here? Why tether the Eurobond's terms and conditions to the IMF facility and the go out of your way to breach the IMF's requirements? What's next...KE will chase the IMF expats when things go South and aid isn't forthcoming? Looks like Kenya is borrowing the whole playbook - not just a page - from Zambia.
The main purpose of the stock market is to make fools of as many people as possible.
newfarer
#1386 Posted : Thursday, September 13, 2018 1:53:45 PM

Ericsson wrote:
BREAKING..

13th
punda amecheka
muandiwambeu
#1387 Posted : Thursday, September 13, 2018 2:13:47 PM

Metch wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

KPLC 4.95
Saf 26.00
KCB 40.75
Neveready 0.95
KQ 9.00

Equity 42.75 d'oh!
CFC 96.00 d'oh!
ICDC 28.00 d'oh!
NIC 29.00 d'oh!
TPSEA 23.50 d'oh!

hiyo ni historia mwanawazuaSad Sad Sad
Equivalent to catching a falling knife. All usd denominated loans will burn peoples fingers, transformers ilikuliwo, ipps are cancerous, fuel levy a heavy yoke here, change of billing regime very uncertain.still prepay digital route and analouge causing tremors in this camp. convoluted involuted restructuring day in day out will leave ur nini paining.Sad Sad Sad Sad Drool Drool Drool Drool
Worst of all is political meddling into a fatycats poussy!!!! if you are inside here, or diving in, you must be very well greased for the ride. d'oh! d'oh! d'oh! d'oh! Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Equivalent to fingering leopards ass???
,Behold, a sower went forth to sow;....
mlennyma
#1388 Posted : Thursday, September 13, 2018 2:17:24 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

KPLC 4.95
Saf 26.00
KCB 40.75
Neveready 0.95
KQ 9.00

Equity 42.75 d'oh!
CFC 96.00 d'oh!
ICDC 28.00 d'oh!
NIC 29.00 d'oh!
TPSEA 23.50 d'oh!

majority of our capital is tied its like staring at very nice food without appetite
"Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning."
Metch
#1389 Posted : Thursday, September 13, 2018 2:44:36 PM

muandiwambeu wrote:
Metch wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

KPLC 4.95
Saf 26.00
KCB 40.75
Neveready 0.95
KQ 9.00

Equity 42.75 d'oh!
CFC 96.00 d'oh!
ICDC 28.00 d'oh!
NIC 29.00 d'oh!
TPSEA 23.50 d'oh!

Equivalent to catching a falling knife. All usd denominated loans will burn peoples fingers, transformers ilikuliwo, ipps are cancerous, fuel levy a heavy yoke here, change of billing regime very uncertain.still prepay digital route and analouge causing tremors in this camp. convoluted involuted restructuring day in day out will leave ur nini paining.Sad Sad Sad Sad Drool Drool Drool Drool
Worst of all is political meddling into a fatycats poussy!!!! if you are inside here, or diving in, you must be very well greased for the ride. d'oh! d'oh! d'oh! d'oh! Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

You have painted quite a picture 😂😂😂
Start!
wukan
#1390 Posted : Thursday, September 13, 2018 2:45:04 PM

lochaz-index wrote:

Anyone with an idea what the treasury mandarins (and the government in general) are attempting here? Why tether the Eurobond's terms and conditions to the IMF facility and the go out of your way to breach the IMF's requirements? What's next...KE will chase the IMF expats when things go South and aid isn't forthcoming? Looks like Kenya is borrowing the whole playbook - not just a page - from Zambia.

They are not worried the forex reserves are sufficient with the inflows from tax amnesty. IMF facility was insurance to help burn speculators in case KE was back to 2011 currency crisis. Eurobond terms and conditions was tied to being part of IMF, KE has not defaulted on loans so Eurobond holders are okay. IMF has been treating KE rather softly which means Washington wants KE to be treated softly for strategic reasons competition with China. China also for strategic reasons will not squeeze KE on the SGR loans more likely to extend the repayment period.
muandiwambeu
#1391 Posted : Thursday, September 13, 2018 3:00:17 PM

Metch wrote:
muandiwambeu wrote:
Metch wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

KPLC 4.95
Saf 26.00
KCB 40.75
Neveready 0.95
KQ 9.00

Equity 42.75 d'oh!
CFC 96.00 d'oh!
ICDC 28.00 d'oh!
NIC 29.00 d'oh!
TPSEA 23.50 d'oh!

https://drive.google.com...EgG8BSi2QJxJm_tBPunCRmC
Laughing out loudly just appreciating what the market is signalling and reading the signs of the times @metch. lakini yangu i maembe ya entungani endungani ni mengiPray Pray Pray April is when the rain started beating campers inside here, trends and seasons don't lie, the only arguable factors are causes and reasons.
muandiwambeu
#1392 Posted : Thursday, September 13, 2018 3:03:37 PM

muandiwambeu wrote:
Metch wrote:
muandiwambeu wrote:
Metch wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

KPLC 4.95
Saf 26.00
KCB 40.75
Neveready 0.95
KQ 9.00

Equity 42.75 d'oh!
CFC 96.00 d'oh!
ICDC 28.00 d'oh!
NIC 29.00 d'oh!
TPSEA 23.50 d'oh!

Laughing out loudly just appreciating what the market is signalling and reading the signs of the times @metch. lakini yangu i maembe ya entungani endungani ni mengiPray Pray Pray April is when the rain started beating campers inside here, trends and seasons don't lie, the only arguable factors are causes and reasons.

volumes well choreographed with daily market average with ever declining prices.d'oh!
VituVingiSana
#1393 Posted : Thursday, September 13, 2018 6:05:02 PM

wukan wrote:
lochaz-index wrote:

They are not worried the forex reserves are sufficient with the inflows from tax amnesty. IMF facility was insurance to help burn speculators in case KE was back to 2011 currency crisis. Eurobond terms and conditions was tied to being part of IMF, KE has not defaulted on loans so Eurobond holders are okay. IMF has been treating KE rather softly which means Washington wants KE to be treated softly for strategic reasons competition with China. China also for strategic reasons will not squeeze KE on the SGR loans more likely to extend the repayment period.
Fingers crossed but the war on corruption should not stop. The long-term benefits, even with short-term pain, are enormous if the corruption can be significantly reduced. It is nigh impossible to eliminate it.
Sensible fiscal policies and implementation is required as well as further 100% transparent privatization of non-strategic sectors.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
obiero
#1394 Posted : Thursday, September 13, 2018 6:53:22 PM

muandiwambeu wrote:
muandiwambeu wrote:
Metch wrote:
muandiwambeu wrote:
Metch wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

KPLC 4.95
Saf 26.00
KCB 40.75
Neveready 0.95
KQ 9.00

Equity 42.75 d'oh!
CFC 96.00 d'oh!
ICDC 28.00 d'oh!
NIC 29.00 d'oh!
TPSEA 23.50 d'oh!

volumes well choreographed with daily market average with ever declining prices.d'oh!

Most counters trading multi year high volumes today.. The fat cats are with us.. This may well be investment choreography. Stunning bargains on offer

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
lochaz-index
#1395 Posted : Thursday, September 13, 2018 7:01:13 PM

wukan wrote:
lochaz-index wrote:

I concur on the geo-political power play of pitting China vs the West but I think they have used that cheat code way too early in the game. That means there is probably no concrete plan on the debt front given that is/was the only remaining arrow in their quiver.

If treasury is of the idea that KE's forex reserves are sufficient to steady the KES, then they've got another thing coming. This isn't a currency crisis per se, it is a fiscal/structural one and it won't be pretty. The currency/exchange rates, inflation levels and interest rates are just the pressure valves for price discovery and re-adjusting the fundamentals.

The IMF facility plays a far more critical role in signalling the financial markets than it does in providing hard forex to ward off speculators. Lack of faith in KE's (or any EM/FM) fiscal management in a risk off global environment is likely to induce more capital outflows and consequently more vulnerability to exogenous shocks accentuating the meltdown of KE's fundies that are already in the gutters. Bear in mind that this support(hard cash and signalling) rarely works when a country is already in crisis mode.

The eurobond had a exit clause where incase KE ceased to be in the good books of the IMF, bondholders were at liberty to recall the funds...hence my question as to what the end game is if they flout and continue to flout most requirements that the IMF insisted must be put in place for them to lend their suppport. Using geo-political goodwill as collateral isn't proactive or wise coz it won't last.
The main purpose of the stock market is to make fools of as many people as possible.
maka
#1396 Posted : Thursday, September 13, 2018 8:30:26 PM

Crash and burn....
possunt quia posse videntur
obiero
#1397 Posted : Thursday, September 13, 2018 9:21:09 PM

maka wrote:
Crash and burn....

I'm sorry especially about your NBK holding. I warned you

maka
#1398 Posted : Thursday, September 13, 2018 9:29:59 PM

obiero wrote:
maka wrote:
Crash and burn....

I don't hold any shares smile Just a lot of bonds...
possunt quia posse videntur
obiero
#1399 Posted : Thursday, September 13, 2018 9:36:11 PM

maka wrote:
obiero wrote:
maka wrote:
Crash and burn....

I don't hold any shares smile Just a lot of bonds...

Lucky escape..

Ericsson
#1400 Posted : Friday, September 14, 2018 9:48:50 AM

As the madness continues watch CIC Insurance goes below 4 per share
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle