Too many mixed signals from management.. Better stay safe

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
muandiwambeu
#1362 Posted : Wednesday, September 12, 2018 6:47:19 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
lochaz-index wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Even KQ not immune to madness as it goes below ksh.10 per share

One of the brokers had a sell recommendation with a target price of KES 0.8...even that is pricey for a firm that is in negative equity and sinking further.

A simple solution. Another Reverse Split Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly This process can continue until there are just 100 shares left smile

All those shares trading at sub-5 should be forced to have reverse splits to get them trading at a minimum of 10/- until they crater again!

Anything that has a value of Bob and below can acquire any value when speculators meets the liquidators. This said and done, reverse split will not improve market price of such a share since it has been denoted with Bob for convenience only. To improve on this, the firm has to create countable value that can be allocated to each share and certainly.
,Behold, a sower went forth to sow;....
Sufficiently Philanga....thropic
#1363 Posted : Wednesday, September 12, 2018 12:05:13 PM

lochaz-index wrote:
Sufficiently Philanga....thropic wrote:
lochaz-index wrote:
Meanwhile, today we are on our way to breach the Dec 2011 low of 3070 on the NSE 20. Next stop will be the Jan 2017 low of 2790. If this too is taken out, we shall be staring at the March 2009 lows of 2360. If Uhuru refuses to bite the bullet at this level and tame his huge appetite for loans, then we can look at more rout targeting the September 2002 low of 1005Sad

I think anything below 3000 will translate into a long winter. From the reaction of KE eurobond yields I would say it is almost a certainty. Of critical importance right now despite the irksome nature of their involvement, is for KE to remain in the good graces of the IMF. Yank that support out and it becomes a very steep and nasty decline across all asset classes. That implies the VAT on petroleum stays and the rate cap goes.

Note that yield on the 10yr note has been declining (about a 100bps) since the advent of the caps against a tide of rising global interest rates. The more the cap remains the more destructive the snap will be when it is finally lifted. This is coz it will have to rise that much faster to catch up with the global average for EM/FM.

The rate cap has worked in similar fashion to a currency peg and this is a bad environment for the cbk to try and defend it. All things held constant, how KE will navigate next year will be the deciding factor when principal bullet payments on debt come due.

This will be quite interesting.
On the NSE, a long winter is here with us and salvation will only come after financial discipline in the public sector is attained, a tall order by all means and might require a change of guard at the top.

Closed at 3045 headed to sub 3000. Only the Feb 2017 lows now stand between the market at its current position and the GFC low of 2360. Some stocks have already surpassed those lows and are now aiming at the 2002 levels...interesting.

That's right. Like NMG which had a GFC low of 84 now stranded at the lower 70sSad
@SufficientlyP
mlennyma
#1364 Posted : Wednesday, September 12, 2018 3:38:58 PM

In some counters Iam bleeding profusely,who scared the bull in our nse?
"Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning."
muandiwambeu
#1365 Posted : Wednesday, September 12, 2018 4:06:31 PM

mlennyma wrote:

When monkies lead a pride, profuse blood letting is the only thing to expect.
A small trumplet went into NSE. The logic of Kenyan concept in trial here. Time horizons, till black Gold comes mainstream full throttle. Hiyo ingine imefail @mugundaman. Look at where the error cropped and know how to tame the 😈. Gava was too optimistic to count chicks before they had hatched. Desperate times call for desperate measures.
Hapa sio kujikaza pekee, sackers ✂️✂️✂️✂️ sinatolewa waziwazi, peupepeupe. This is a true, systemic, induced 🐻 in town. No knejerk reaction. All is playing before your open eyes and all you have to do is see the unraveling cirucs.
If you make it through this one and be the same then u are doing exactly the same thing ur used too doing all along and definitely you will always be there every time.
Ericsson
#1366 Posted : Wednesday, September 12, 2018 4:09:50 PM

Neveready touches ksh.1 per share and Home Afrika touches 60 cents
Kenya power goes below ksh.5 per share
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
VyaBureSiachi
#1367 Posted : Wednesday, September 12, 2018 4:59:17 PM

mlennyma wrote:

Probably the Republican tax cuts plus the fuel tax. The sell off for 'greener pastures' coincided with books closure declines and they created a wave of panic selling as no one knows where the bottom is with all the negative sentiments about the economy and our sovereign debt. Most people I think are selling off to stem their own capital hemorrhage.
That's my theory. I could be wrong.
If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky that would be like the splendour of the mighty one.
kayhara
#1368 Posted : Wednesday, September 12, 2018 5:36:02 PM

VyaBureSiachi wrote:
mlennyma wrote:

Probably the Republican tax cuts plus the fuel tax. The sell off for 'greener pastures' coincided with books closure declines and they created a wave of panic selling as no one knows where the bottom is with all the negative sentiments about the economy and our sovereign debt. Most people I think are selling off to stem their own capital hemorrhage.

malicious word on the street about possible CMA action on NSE monkeys has some people panic selling, I will be brave and average out on my three monkeys , I am about 16% into the red.
To Each His Own
rwitre
#1369 Posted : Wednesday, September 12, 2018 6:39:09 PM

kayhara wrote:
VyaBureSiachi wrote:
mlennyma wrote:

malicious word on the street about possible CMA action on NSE monkeys has some people panic selling, I will be brave and average out on my three monkeys , I am about 16% into the red.

Looking for a monkey that can jump and offset paper losses from my blue chips. Speculative "investment".
obiero
#1370 Posted : Wednesday, September 12, 2018 6:46:29 PM

rwitre wrote:
kayhara wrote:
VyaBureSiachi wrote:
mlennyma wrote:

Looking for a monkey that can jump and offset paper losses from my blue chips. Speculative "investment".

Remember the most recent monkey named ARM went into a coma.. I would urge you to dissuade

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
Metch
#1371 Posted : Wednesday, September 12, 2018 6:49:10 PM

rwitre wrote:
kayhara wrote:
VyaBureSiachi wrote:
mlennyma wrote:

Careful! Its diving season at the NSE. Better to accumulate cash and watch from the sidelines. The monkeys running this country have doomed us!
Start!
muandiwambeu
#1372 Posted : Wednesday, September 12, 2018 7:59:19 PM

Metch wrote:
rwitre wrote:
kayhara wrote:
VyaBureSiachi wrote:
mlennyma wrote:

Careful! Its diving season at the NSE. Better to accumulate cash and watch from the sidelines. The monkeys running this country have doomed us!

Very courageous of you, the route is yet to be routed.
muandiwambeu
#1373 Posted : Wednesday, September 12, 2018 8:01:39 PM

obiero wrote:
rwitre wrote:
kayhara wrote:
VyaBureSiachi wrote:
mlennyma wrote:

Remember the most recent monkey named ARM went into a coma.. I would urge you to desist, I would dissuade/discourage from attempting that, t

Ericsson
#1374 Posted : Thursday, September 13, 2018 10:33:17 AM

And there we have it Neveready goes below ksh.1
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
Sufficiently Philanga....thropic
#1375 Posted : Thursday, September 13, 2018 10:46:55 AM

Mpesa too feeling the heat.Looking set to test 25 by close of day or early morning tomorrow!
@SufficientlyP
lochaz-index
#1376 Posted : Thursday, September 13, 2018 10:50:52 AM

lochaz-index wrote:
lochaz-index wrote:
Meanwhile, today we are on our way to breach the Dec 2011 low of 3070 on the NSE 20. Next stop will be the Jan 2017 low of 2790. If this too is taken out, we shall be staring at the March 2009 lows of 2360. If Uhuru refuses to bite the bullet at this level and tame his huge appetite for loans, then we can look at more rout targeting the September 2002 low of 1005Sad

I think anything below 3000 will translate into a long winter. From the reaction of KE eurobond yields I would say it is almost a certainty. Of critical importance right now despite the irksome nature of their involvement, is for KE to remain in the good graces of the IMF. Yank that support out and it becomes a very steep and nasty decline across all asset classes. That implies the VAT on petroleum stays and the rate cap goes.

Note that yield on the 10yr note has been declining (about a 100bps) since the advent of the caps against a tide of rising global interest rates. The more the cap remains the more destructive the snap will be when it is finally lifted. This is coz it will have to rise that much faster to catch up with the global average for EM/FM.

The rate cap has worked in similar fashion to a currency peg and this is a bad environment for the cbk to try and defend it. All things held constant, how KE will navigate next year will be the deciding factor when principal bullet payments on debt come due.

This will be quite interesting.
On the NSE, a long winter is here with us and salvation will only come after financial discipline in the public sector is attained, a tall order by all means and might require a change of guard at the top.

Closed at 3045 headed to sub 3000. Only the Feb 2017 lows now stand between the market at its current position and the GFC low of 2360. Some stocks have already surpassed those lows and are now aiming at the 2002 levels...interesting.

That's right. Like NMG which had a GFC low of 84 now stranded at the lower 70sSad

Ditto for KPLC. I am still of the opinion that the bear season will be over once the heavyweights do the dance aka tanking. Safcom, Jubilee, BAT, Eabl, bamburi etc are still in trading in premium zone.
The main purpose of the stock market is to make fools of as many people as possible.
lochaz-index
#1377 Posted : Thursday, September 13, 2018 10:54:31 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
lochaz-index wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Even KQ not immune to madness as it goes below ksh.10 per share

One of the brokers had a sell recommendation with a target price of KES 0.8...even that is pricey for a firm that is in negative equity and sinking further.

A simple solution. Another Reverse Split Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly This process can continue until there are just 100 shares left smile

All those shares trading at sub-5 should be forced to have reverse splits to get them trading at a minimum of 10/- until they crater again!

Interesting proposition more so with shorting. Some stocks would be shorted into becoming illiquid counters.
The main purpose of the stock market is to make fools of as many people as possible.
Angelica _ann
#1378 Posted : Thursday, September 13, 2018 10:58:02 AM

Ericsson wrote:
And there we have it Neveready goes below ksh.1

Got this right smile
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
VituVingiSana
#1379 Posted : Thursday, September 13, 2018 11:16:10 AM

13 September 2018 at 11.20am

Shares I do not own
KPLC 4.95
Saf 26.00
KCB 40.75
Neveready 0.95
KQ 9.00
MSC 0.60
NBK 5.60
NMG 72.00

Shares I own that are hitting recent lows. A good buying opportunity but I have no cash!
Equity 42.75 d'oh!
CFC 96.00 d'oh!
ICDC 28.00 d'oh!
NIC 29.00 d'oh!
TPSEA 23.50 d'oh!

Unga, KK, KenRe and I&M are holding steady but not much higher than their recent lows.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
VituVingiSana
#1380 Posted : Thursday, September 13, 2018 11:30:54 AM

Metch wrote:
rwitre wrote:
kayhara wrote:
VyaBureSiachi wrote:
mlennyma wrote:

Deportation pap! China or Canada?
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett