VituVingiSana
#1221 Posted : Monday, July 02, 2018 3:38:32 PM

Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
wukan wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Second half begins today.
What are the projections

It's been a weak quarter to June(Mpesa is doing a promotion-transactions must have really slumped). I expect a continuation of the same for the second half. Rate cap review is not happening this year so the credit crunch will continue.

The only NSE bullish signal is if Trump pursues weak dollar policies. So far the trade/tariff wars have not worked to bring back manufacturing to MAGA. Weak dollar is much easier to implement before the mid-term elections. Dollar index is stuck around 95 so watch on that.

If that doesn't happen then watch NSE plunge below 3000

Bringing manufacturing back to the USA (from China) is not going to be easy nor will it be immediate. I have to say Trump is doing what many US presidents were afraid of doing. Perhaps the "mad antics" of Trump will only be appreciated after many years.

In Kenya, we need a Trump-like approach to many aspects e.g. manufacturing. I look at our supermarket shelves and feel like crying.

We need to reduce the amount/value of imports that we can manufacture cost effectively... We need to reduce the level of corruption and costs it takes to bring goods to market.

We need to train more Kenyans to do jobs that have been outsourced including maintaining the railway and roads let alone building infrastructure.

We need to find more ways to trade with our neighbors. Not an easy task but we need to collaborate with the Ugandans, Rwandans and even Tanzanians to "Make It In East Africa"...

China is not our friend. SA is xenophobic and only wants to export to us. Even the Middle East is exporting non-oil goods to us while hardly taking in our exports except vegetables/fruits. India looks out for itself. USA has MAGA. EU only wants our natural resources and what it cannot grow.

I am not saying we should close off our economy but we need to make it more profitable to be a manufacturer so more Kenyans invest in factories.

I mentioned this a while back and vvs was a fierce opposer.How times change

Nonsense. I never opposed local manufacturing. I oppose subsidies to some sectors/firms. GoK should create an enabling environment NOT provide subsidies and favor some over others. Equal treatment of all manufacturing sectors in terms of taxation.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Ericsson
#1222 Posted : Monday, July 02, 2018 3:50:09 PM

The bear is on a run looking to devour somebody
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
muandiwambeu
#1223 Posted : Monday, July 02, 2018 9:26:58 PM

Ericsson wrote:
The bear is on a run looking to devour somebody

This one has been quite and stealth, one and now Ericson do mention the bear is here with us squarely. Where is @munandii and those Fibonacci numbers. Sad Sad Sad concrete pouring coming to an end very fast. Nah, bumbala bumbala bububuLaughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
,Behold, a sower went forth to sow;....
georgegop
#1224 Posted : Tuesday, July 03, 2018 7:38:51 AM

Kwani is this an endless bear?..
Don't Work for Money, Let Money Work for You..
sparkly
#1225 Posted : Tuesday, July 03, 2018 8:36:45 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
wukan wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
What are the projections

It's been a weak quarter to June(Mpesa is doing a promotion-transactions must have really slumped). I expect a continuation of the same for the second half. Rate cap review is not happening this year so the credit crunch will continue.

The only NSE bullish signal is if Trump pursues weak dollar policies. So far the trade/tariff wars have not worked to bring back manufacturing to MAGA. Weak dollar is much easier to implement before the mid-term elections. Dollar index is stuck around 95 so watch on that.

Bringing manufacturing back to the USA (from China) is not going to be easy nor will it be immediate. I have to say Trump is doing what many US presidents were afraid of doing. Perhaps the "mad antics" of Trump will only be appreciated after many years.

In Kenya, we need a Trump-like approach to many aspects e.g. manufacturing. I look at our supermarket shelves and feel like crying.

We need to reduce the amount/value of imports that we can manufacture cost effectively... We need to reduce the level of corruption and costs it takes to bring goods to market.

We need to train more Kenyans to do jobs that have been outsourced including maintaining the railway and roads let alone building infrastructure.

We need to find more ways to trade with our neighbors. Not an easy task but we need to collaborate with the Ugandans, Rwandans and even Tanzanians to "Make It In East Africa"...

China is not our friend. SA is xenophobic and only wants to export to us. Even the Middle East is exporting non-oil goods to us while hardly taking in our exports except vegetables/fruits. India looks out for itself. USA has MAGA. EU only wants our natural resources and what it cannot grow.

I am not saying we should close off our economy but we need to make it more profitable to be a manufacturer so more Kenyans invest in factories.

You need to take a stand man. You vigorously opposed my idea to protect Kenyan skies for KQ.
Life is short. Live passionately.
VituVingiSana
#1226 Posted : Tuesday, July 03, 2018 9:33:06 AM

sparkly wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
wukan wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
What are the projections

You need to take a stand man. You vigorously opposed my idea to protect Kenyan skies for KQ.

My bad! When did KQ get into manufacturing anything but losses?
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Ericsson
#1227 Posted : Tuesday, July 03, 2018 10:14:24 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
sparkly wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
wukan wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
What are the projections

Obiero you aren't alone on vvs issues.We are many.
Superprime1
#1228 Posted : Tuesday, July 03, 2018 10:46:37 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
sparkly wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
wukan wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
What are the projections

Wondering about the same: protecting Kenyan skies for KQ Vs encouraging manufacturing/value addition are totally different. In my layman's understanding, the impact of the latter would be immense for the economy (think jobs & disposable incomes, higher export income that would calibrate the country's Balance of Trade etc.). KQ just needs to be competitive and move away from Naikuni & co. 'strategies' that flew it into the red.
obiero
#1229 Posted : Tuesday, July 03, 2018 11:24:47 AM

Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
sparkly wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
wukan wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
What are the projections

@vvs was battered and bruised senselessly by KQ. He has nightmares about it ever since and brings it up at all kinds of discussions.. Which I fully understand. Buying extra high and selling extra low can make anyone go insane and/or bitter at the world in general

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
VituVingiSana
#1230 Posted : Tuesday, July 03, 2018 1:07:43 PM

obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
sparkly wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
wukan wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
What are the projections

@vvs was battered and bruised senselessly by KQ. He has nightmares about it ever since and brings it up at all kinds of discussions.. Which I fully understand. Buying extra high and selling extra low can make anyone go insane and/or bitter at the world in general

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly I am out of KQ except for my indirect holdings via taxpayer and KQLC. The crooks like Mbugua and Naikuni are running free which is very sad.

As for folks on my case, Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly like I give a rat's bum Applause Applause Applause
VituVingiSana
#1231 Posted : Tuesday, July 03, 2018 1:10:09 PM

Superprime1 wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
sparkly wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
wukan wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
What are the projections

Wondering about the same: protecting Kenyan skies for KQ Vs encouraging manufacturing/value addition are totally different. In my layman's understanding, the impact of the latter would be immense for the economy (think jobs & disposable incomes, higher export income that would calibrate the country's Balance of Trade etc.). KQ just needs to be competitive and move away from Naikuni & co. 'strategies' that flew it into the red.
Applause Applause Applause
Pesa Nane
#1232 Posted : Tuesday, July 03, 2018 3:55:33 PM

obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
sparkly wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
wukan wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
What are the projections

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Now I get the true meaning of the thread "Madness at the NSE"
Pesa Nane plans to be shilingi when he grows up.
VituVingiSana
#1233 Posted : Tuesday, July 03, 2018 10:51:29 PM

Pesa Nane wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
sparkly wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
wukan wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
What are the projections

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Now I get the true meaning of the thread "Madness at the NSE"
What's amusing is this from the chap still waiting for the "Open Offer" that was supposed to miraculously make his losses disappear. Laughing out loudly d'oh! Pray
Ericsson
#1234 Posted : Wednesday, July 04, 2018 8:13:31 AM

Asia stocks at 9-month lows.
The bear is everywhere
murchr
#1235 Posted : Thursday, July 05, 2018 8:45:19 PM

Ericsson wrote:
The bear is everywhere

Trade wars with China go live midnight 6th July. Canadian went live on 1st. Its going to be messy
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
lochaz-index
#1236 Posted : Friday, July 06, 2018 11:35:57 AM

Ericsson wrote:
The bear is everywhere

Not everywhere. Mostly EM and FM plus bonds. AMs (stocks) still holding tight.
The main purpose of the stock market is to make fools of as many people as possible.
obiero
#1237 Posted : Friday, July 06, 2018 11:55:29 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
Pesa Nane wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
sparkly wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
wukan wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
What are the projections

What's amusing is this from the chap still waiting for the "Open Offer" that was supposed to miraculously make his losses disappear. Laughing out loudly d'oh! Pray

Hehe..

VituVingiSana
#1238 Posted : Friday, July 06, 2018 12:56:29 PM

@Obiero - Leo, nimenunua "penny stock" ARM so let's support each other!
Watu wa ARM to fly KQ and watu waibe pale KQ lakini watumie simiti ya ARM
Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
obiero
#1239 Posted : Friday, July 06, 2018 2:03:45 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:

Shameless old man. You are advocating for theft!? By the way, KQ made it out of the penny stock league

Metch
#1240 Posted : Friday, July 06, 2018 2:23:29 PM

obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

Shameless old man. You are advocating for theft!? By the way, KQ made it out of the penny stock league

Penny stocks leading the charge today.. Sammer, FTGH, ARM, CABL, even Uchumi!

Are you saying KQ is not a penny stock? we have not forgotten how you got to double digits...
Start!