126 Pages«<107108109110111>»
Madness at the NSE
wukan
#2161 Posted : Wednesday, March 18, 2020 10:03:12 AM

lochaz-index wrote:
lochaz-index wrote:
wukan wrote:
NSE 20 share index ended the day at 2057.96

The market should ideally bounce off this level for a relief rally but given what has transpired elsewhere we could be looking at sub-2000 today if the selling persists.

The bounce is on. Only the NSE20 closed slightly lower yesterday at 2052 but all the other indices were marginally up.

Buying dead cat bounces will burn you too early. Risk must be priced correctly
lochaz-index
#2162 Posted : Wednesday, March 18, 2020 10:21:07 AM

wukan wrote:
lochaz-index wrote:
lochaz-index wrote:
wukan wrote:
NSE 20 share index ended the day at 2057.96

The market should ideally bounce off this level for a relief rally but given what has transpired elsewhere we could be looking at sub-2000 today if the selling persists.

The bounce is on. Only the NSE20 closed slightly lower yesterday at 2052 but all the other indices were marginally up.

Buying dead cat bounces will burn you too early. Risk must be priced correctly

My shorts on the NSE outstrip my longs 3:1 in monetary terms. My buying window is two to three years irrespective of the lows that print.
The main purpose of the stock market is to make fools of as many people as possible.
lochaz-index
#2163 Posted : Wednesday, March 18, 2020 8:20:39 PM

USD bulls are turbo charged. DXY is currently at 102 and about to take out its 2017 high of 104. After that the challenge is 2002 highs of 118. All currencies are being eviscerated by the dollar. GBPUSD crashed below its brexit lows fast approaching parity. It seems the dollar shortage is of an unprecedented scale making the earlier dollar weakness in March a fake out.

Hedge funds, central banks, banks, corporates and governments alike are scrambling for USD. Cross currency swap spreads (against all majors) are widening by the day indicating the liquidity shortage is a global phenomenon.

Copper which acts as a good proxy for global economic growth is tanking heavily poised to go below $2. GFC low was $1.243. If it gets anywhere near that low then it is likely the global economy as a whole will contract for 2020.

S&P VIX gauge may have peaked on Monday at 85 just shy of the GFC high of 89.5.
The main purpose of the stock market is to make fools of as many people as possible.
Receptor
#2164 Posted : Wednesday, March 18, 2020 9:01:39 PM

lochaz-index wrote:
USD bulls are turbo charged. DXY is currently at 102 and about to take out its 2017 high of 104. After that the challenge is 2002 highs of 118. All currencies are being eviscerated by the dollar. GBPUSD crashed below its brexit lows fast approaching parity. It seems the dollar shortage is of an unprecedented scale making the earlier dollar weakness in March a fake out.

Hedge funds, central banks, banks, corporates and governments alike are scrambling for USD. Cross currency swap spreads (against all majors) are widening by the day indicating the liquidity shortage is a global phenomenon.

Copper which acts as a good proxy for global economic growth is tanking heavily poised to go below $2. GFC low was $1.243. If it gets anywhere near that low then it is likely the global economy as a whole will contract for 2020.

Dr. Opus has been stacking up on USD in the past month or so. He predicted that 2020 would be worse than 2019 in a tweet and also "sensed" the the current global crisis. Brilliant man this.It will be interesting to see how all this plays out. No better time have loads of cash. CASH IS KING....ALWAYS!
Extraterrestrial
#2165 Posted : Thursday, March 19, 2020 5:41:18 PM

Receptor wrote:
lochaz-index wrote:

Last week they got only 7 million I think.

Dr. Opus has been stacking up on USD in the past month or so. He predicted that 2020 would be worse than 2019 in a tweet and also "sensed" the the current global crisis. Brilliant man this.It will be interesting to see how all this plays out. No better time have loads of cash. CASH IS KING....ALWAYS!

wukan
#2166 Posted : Thursday, March 19, 2020 5:57:02 PM

NSE 20 share index ended at 2,032.34
NASI at 132.86

VituVingiSana
#2167 Posted : Thursday, March 19, 2020 8:00:41 PM

Receptor wrote:
lochaz-index wrote:

He should have bought USD by the bucketfuls last year. CBK would need to make FX very hard to obtain to manage with the current reserves.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
slick
#2168 Posted : Friday, March 20, 2020 6:07:18 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
Receptor wrote:
lochaz-index wrote:

He should have bought USD by the bucketfuls last year. CBK would need to make FX very hard to obtain to manage with the current reserves.

Despite the trillions being printed daily by the Fed for bailouts and pumping up asset markets like stocks and bonds,King Dollar continues to rise.Dollar Index is at 103.085 as I write this.How is this possible?The US Dollar is the world's reserve currency backed by the US superpower status and petrodollar system.Most central bank reserves and most global trade is in USD and lots of debt especially in the emerging and frontier markets are USD denominated debt.This creates a massive constant massive demand for dollars.The current implosion of markets is creating a deflationary spiral making the USD even more sought after despite the trillions being printed.Foreign markets especially European banks are USD strapped thus Fed has setup currency swap lines with European Central Bank to reliquify the European banks with dollars.There is at least 11 trillion of USD denominated foreign debt where interest and principal payments have to still be made so there foreign nations are desperately seeking dollars to make their debt payments.Mainstream investors panicking put of asset classes like stocks are reverting to cash making the demand of dollars even stronger.Investors see no alternative to put their money in USD since the other major currencies facing even more dire straits.Would you park your money in the Euro,Yen when the Eurozone and Japan have negative central bank rates and negative yielding bonds?The British Pound is too small a market and the Bank of England is also printing billions of pounds while the Chinese also printing money in droves and would you park your cash in a Communist dictatorship where the Yuan isnt a fully convertible currency?Thus in the short term the USD remains King but long term this money printing shenanigans will result in massive decline in the greenback.

King Dollar is putting lots of strain on emerging and frontier markets with USD denominated debt and commodity export countries since if the USD rises the price of their commodities priced in USD in international markets falls.It also hurts US exports but favours US imports since USA is a net importer.Trump wants a weaker dollar and despite the Fed printing trillions daily,he isnt getting it.If this keeps up,the major economies may have to have a Plaza Type Accord to depreciate the greenback
Contrarian Investor and Trader.Advocate of free markets,limited government interference in the economy and sound money
Angelica _ann
#2169 Posted : Friday, March 20, 2020 11:44:29 AM

We told all and sundry here about KPLC, you said we are mad and haters, oooh Mama wa nani ako ndani, today's price is below 2 bob smile smile smile
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
mlennyma
#2170 Posted : Friday, March 20, 2020 1:00:31 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
We told all and sundry here about KPLC, you said we are mad and haters, oooh Mama wa nani ako ndani, today's price is below 2 bob smile smile smile

I think this is the easiest place to triple your fortune at the current price
"Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning."
newfarer
#2171 Posted : Friday, March 20, 2020 1:03:03 PM

mlennyma wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:

Wish I had some cash.this being a monopoly can make me leave poverty by many corners
punda amecheka
watesh
#2172 Posted : Friday, March 20, 2020 1:30:51 PM

mlennyma wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:

Waiting for that sub 1.5, you can definitely get a 50% gain once the virus passes
Angelica _ann
#2173 Posted : Friday, March 20, 2020 1:56:02 PM

watesh wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:

Waiting for that sub 1.5, you can definitely get a 50% gain once the virus passes

Munataka kunyofolewa kabisa!!!!
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
newfarer
#2174 Posted : Friday, March 20, 2020 7:15:53 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
watesh wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:

What's the worst that can happen kplc is already down and it's a monopoly.so it can easily rise
punda amecheka
xtina
#2175 Posted : Friday, March 20, 2020 7:19:14 PM

newfarer wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
watesh wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:

What's the worst that can happen kplc is already down and it's a monopoly.so it can easily rise

I agree, I have set aside some 'f*ck it, YOLO' money to buy shares strictly as a risk taking venture and speculate.
winmak
#2176 Posted : Friday, March 20, 2020 8:06:25 PM

xtina wrote:
newfarer wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
watesh wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:

I agree, I have set aside some 'f*ck it, YOLO' money to buy shares strictly as a risk taking venture and speculate.

Eerily reminiscent of my escapades in ARM😱😱😱 I am still licking my wounds...
For investors as a whole, returns decrease as motion increases ~ WB
VituVingiSana
#2177 Posted : Friday, March 20, 2020 9:27:43 PM

winmak wrote:
xtina wrote:
newfarer wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
watesh wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:

d'oh! I am staying clear of heavily indebted firms and GoK firms (except Kenya Re).

KPLC has a lot of debt and has to restructure debt.
KenGen is owed money by KPLC and also has a lot of debt.
Uchumi and Mumias are on their deathbeds. Whereas Carrefour, Naivas, Tuskys, private sugar millers saw booming business, Uchumi and Mumias had nothing to sell.

Kenya Re has cash but BBI needs funding in the absence of other sources.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
lochaz-index
#2178 Posted : Monday, March 23, 2020 8:45:40 AM

It's hot in India. Both the Sensex and Nifty are down 10%+ as the nation goes into lockdown. Asian currencies getting pummeled in lockstep with their stocks. Dow futures circuit breakers triggered as sell side action persists.
Ericsson
#2179 Posted : Monday, March 23, 2020 12:32:16 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
winmak wrote:
xtina wrote:
newfarer wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
watesh wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:

d'oh! I am staying clear of heavily indebted firms and GoK firms (except Kenya Re).

KPLC has a lot of debt and has to restructure debt.
KenGen is owed money by KPLC and also has a lot of debt.
Uchumi and Mumias are on their deathbeds. Whereas Carrefour, Naivas, Tuskys, private sugar millers saw booming business, Uchumi and Mumias had nothing to sell.

Kenya Re has cash but BBI needs funding in the absence of other sources.

Corona virus put a halt on BBI
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
watesh
#2180 Posted : Monday, March 23, 2020 2:28:51 PM

Demand side on Equity and KCB has dried up