wazua Thu, May 2, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

126 Pages«<104105106107108>»
Madness at the NSE
Extraterrestrial
#2101 Posted : Wednesday, March 11, 2020 9:40:15 AM

See the number of posts on this topic for guidance on the next stop for NSE20.
lochaz-index
#2102 Posted : Thursday, March 12, 2020 1:06:35 PM

Near limit downs for many stocks led by safaricom. NSE20 cracking the GFC low is a game changer. Some bull action is expected before we breach the 2000 mark after which it will be Armageddon.
The main purpose of the stock market is to make fools of as many people as possible.
mkate_nusu
#2103 Posted : Thursday, March 12, 2020 1:32:03 PM

catastrophe !!
KEGN, KPLC, KQ, SCOM
wukan
#2104 Posted : Thursday, March 12, 2020 1:36:13 PM

lochaz-index wrote:
Near limit downs for many stocks led by safaricom. NSE20 cracking the GFC low is a game changer. Some bull action is expected before we breach the 2000 mark after which it will be Armageddon.

I'm surprised at how these wazua streets are calm.
newfarer
#2105 Posted : Thursday, March 12, 2020 1:56:24 PM

wukan wrote:
lochaz-index wrote:

The streets are broke,just waiting for Armageddon
punda amecheka
watesh
#2106 Posted : Thursday, March 12, 2020 2:14:50 PM

newfarer wrote:
wukan wrote:
lochaz-index wrote:

The streets are broke,just waiting for Armageddon

So many good opportunities, no money to take advantage
Ericsson
#2107 Posted : Thursday, March 12, 2020 3:36:59 PM

lochaz-index wrote:

Safaricom tunangoja below 20
KCB below 35
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
lochaz-index
#2108 Posted : Thursday, March 12, 2020 4:56:23 PM

lochaz-index wrote:
Some day yesterday was! Gap ups, gap down, circuit breakers, limit downs, system glitches...action packed all round. Dow dumped 2013 points despite activation of halts on trading and is now about 200 points shy of bear territory. European markets are in bear territory already and they haven't seen the worst of the pandemic yet. MIB was 15% at some point and its futures shed another 11% as the country institutes a countrywide lock down. For oil and its corollaries it was a beat down like no other since 1991. The fear here is a contagion into the credit market which is already acting up.

I think we have seen the low in USTs where yield on the 10yr went sub 0.5% and the entire yield curve was below 1% as markets gauge the possibility of negative interest rates in the US. Recession in Japan, Australia and Europe (wonder how schengen will hold up) is now a dead certainty. Oil and commodity dependent countries will quickly follow if the Saudi-Russia tiff continues amid weakening demand. Tourism dependent countries (most of Southern Europe) may recover in Q2 if the virus is contained early. For China, US and India it is mostly a question of how deep the damage is. With all three slowing down it isn't a good outlook for the global economy in 2020 as they've been doing most of the heavy lifting in terms of growth, consumption, investment, tourism and manufacturing.

NSE20 dropped below 2360 again to close at 2335.95 yesterday which lower than the earlier Feb low. Asian and European market recoveries today will help stem the bleeding for now. FY19 results however positive might not amount to much in terms of bouying the market.

Double digit % losses for most markets across the board from Asia to Europe to the US. Not even the safe haven assets are spared. Gold is tanking heavily poised to go below $1600. Bitcoin is now below $6000. Commodities are getting pummeled too. Hell of a panic sell this is turning out to be. Sell everything is the catch phrase. 20000 on the Dow will be challenged pretty soon. I fancy it holding the bears at bay. Anything below that then all bets are off.
The main purpose of the stock market is to make fools of as many people as possible.
lochaz-index
#2109 Posted : Thursday, March 12, 2020 9:10:14 PM

lochaz-index wrote:
FUNKY wrote:
https://www.firstpost.com/business/sensex-sinks-1083-85-points-in-opening-session-amid-global-selloff-nifty-tanks-312-points-over-rs-5-lakh-cr-investor-wealth-wiped-off-8096571.html?utm_source=izooto&utm_medium=push_notifications&utm_campaign=Business%20News&utm_content=&utm_term=

Nifty and sensex have both had a multi year bull charge in similar fashion to US market. With the Indian economy slowing down for three years back to back a correction was in order. Religious and civil tension in the country will only exacerbate the pounding.

The more promising long plays are in the Chinese market...the irony. Shanghai composite has been tanking since 2015 and will bottom out faster than most markets.

Nifty futures are tanking hard...17% at some point. Collapse of Yes bank is galvanizing bears in a market that has had outsized performance over the last decade.

Bovespa joins its European counterparts in double digit % losses.
lochaz-index
#2110 Posted : Thursday, March 12, 2020 11:36:23 PM

Dow trading closed after capitulating 9.99% or 2352 points (highest % one day drop since Black Monday of 1987). Dow futures are trading below 21000. Bloody tanking parade. The last three weeks have set multiple all time records that end up being bested in the next trading session. The rate of collapse has surpassed the one witnessed during financial crisis.
slick
#2111 Posted : Friday, March 13, 2020 5:27:21 AM

lochaz-index wrote:
Dow trading closed after capitulating 9.99% or 2352 points (highest % one day drop since Black Monday of 1987). Dow futures are trading below 21000. Bloody tanking parade. The last three weeks have set multiple all time records that end up being bested in the next trading session. The rate of collapse has surpassed the one witnessed during financial crisis.

The Madness in the NSE is just a ripple compared to the tsunami madness of first world markets.We are witnessing was could possibly be the greatest unraveling of markets of the developed world in history.It was long overdue anyway.The globe was living on borrowed time since 2008 meltdown.Decades of excess debt,asset bubble blowing by central banks by just printing money post 1971 abandonment of the gold standard is all coming to roost now.Central Banks have been pumping liquidity to fend any market corrections since 1971 and its been working but now money printing isnt helping much.Inevitably the stage was set to get here as the debt based fiat monetary system reaches its cataclysmic end game and seems we have reached the end of that road.No more road to kick the can now.I mean global debt is over 250 trillion and is 325% of global GDP.That debt created by central banks can NEVER BE REPAID.Global derivative contracts is way past 1 QUADRILLION!!!Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly and if this derivatives market blows up as it seems its doing now,no amount of money printing bailouts can help the situation.This is where you print money into worthless hyperinflation.

This could usher in the greatest financial and economic collapse in history surpassing even the Great Depression since in the 1920s and 1930s,the amount of debt and leverage was far far lower than now and it was a far less steep pedestal to fall from and central banks werent printing like mad then.There is a possibility the developed world central banks may print their currencies to hyperinflation.I mean they are pumping trillions into the markets and its not helping and they will pump even more.

We live in interesting times.
Contrarian Investor and Trader.Advocate of free markets,limited government interference in the economy and sound money
lochaz-index
#2112 Posted : Friday, March 13, 2020 11:19:56 AM

NSE currently staring at a no bid market on many counters. Equity printed 40, safaricom below 25, kcb is on a no bid plunge...where at the circuit breakers?
FUNKY
#2113 Posted : Friday, March 13, 2020 11:21:41 AM

They should temporary suspend trading!
winmak
#2114 Posted : Friday, March 13, 2020 11:26:25 AM

lochaz-index wrote:
NSE currently staring at a no bid market on many counters. Equity printed 40, safaricom below 25, kcb is on a no bid plunge...where at the circuit breakers?

I am seeing bids... Am personally on a buying spree...
For investors as a whole, returns decrease as motion increases ~ WB
slick
#2115 Posted : Friday, March 13, 2020 11:27:15 AM

lochaz-index wrote:

Should CBK be undertaking the same operations like central banks of the developed world and unleash oceans of liquidity?Just create trillions of KES and dump it to investment firms to buy stocks or like in Switzerland or Japan Opus Dei just buys stocks outright?Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Contrarian Investor and Trader.Advocate of free markets,limited government interference in the economy and sound money
watesh
#2116 Posted : Friday, March 13, 2020 11:46:29 AM

Scooping Safcom at 23....amazing
slick
#2117 Posted : Friday, March 13, 2020 11:59:22 AM

watesh wrote:

This is just my personal opinion but I wouldnt buy Kenyan stocks now until the meltdown of Western markets and coronavirus menace fully plays out.The decline of the Kenyan bourse is largely a result of Western investors selling our shares to meet liquidity margin calls in their faltering markets.

The implosion of Western markets is most likely far from over and best to wait to see how that affair plays out.Then again just my opinion
lochaz-index
#2118 Posted : Friday, March 13, 2020 12:06:53 PM

watesh wrote:

Leisurely buying more...the fear gauge is extreme before doubling down on the short side when the bounce fades. NSE20 closed at 2236 points yesterday, the drop today will be in the 100+ region meaning a sub 2100 closing is mighty possible.
watesh
#2119 Posted : Friday, March 13, 2020 12:36:23 PM

slick wrote:
watesh wrote:

This is just my personal opinion but I wouldnt buy Kenyan stocks now until the meltdown of Western markets and coronavirus menace fully plays out.The decline of the Kenyan bourse is largely a result of Western investors selling our shares to meet liquidity margin calls in their faltering markets.

The implosion of Western markets is most likely far from over and best to wait to see how that affair plays out.Then again just my opinion

The Western markets will get waaaaay worse in the coming week, once shut down starts in different States. So my take in local stocks, just nibble on stocks which have excellent cashflows, their recovery times are faster once we recover from the virus so booking those gains will be faster then redeploy on those stocks that will take more time to recover. Safcom may go below 20 in the coming weeks and I will still be buying.
nairobby
#2120 Posted : Friday, March 13, 2020 12:40:59 PM

slick wrote:
watesh wrote:

Agreed.