wazua Thu, May 2, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

126 Pages«<103104105106107>»
Madness at the NSE
VituVingiSana
#2081 Posted : Thursday, March 05, 2020 10:18:12 AM

mlennyma wrote:
How long can this correction last? iam thinking hard.

“The market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent.” - John Maynard Keynes
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Ericsson
#2082 Posted : Thursday, March 05, 2020 10:44:07 AM

mlennyma wrote:

Stocks let us eat well.Bonds let us sleep well.
Wall Street saying
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
mlennyma
#2083 Posted : Thursday, March 05, 2020 11:11:16 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
mlennyma wrote:

“The market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent.” - John Maynard Keynes

I had the money last week, if I had the courage to buy Kcb at 43 i would be smiling now selling at 50,fear is poverty.
"Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning."
littledove
#2084 Posted : Thursday, March 05, 2020 11:24:20 AM

mlennyma wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
mlennyma wrote:

I had the money last week, if I had the courage to buy Kcb at 43 i would be smiling now selling at 50,fear is poverty.

that was a big opportunity, i dont know why it escaped my eyes but i managed britam at 7.30
There are only two emotions in the stock market, fear and hope. The problem is, you hope when you should fear and fear when you should hope
heri
#2085 Posted : Thursday, March 05, 2020 11:29:26 AM

mlennyma wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
mlennyma wrote:

Cash combined with courage in a crisis is priceless,” said Buffett.
Ericsson
#2086 Posted : Thursday, March 05, 2020 11:35:51 AM

mlennyma wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
mlennyma wrote:

Worry not,opportunity to buy will come when it goes ex dividend
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
sparkly
#2087 Posted : Thursday, March 05, 2020 1:57:24 PM

mlennyma wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
mlennyma wrote:

Stocks are like buses. There is always one at the stage.
Life is short. Live passionately.
Angelica _ann
#2088 Posted : Thursday, March 05, 2020 2:14:36 PM

sparkly wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
mlennyma wrote:

Stupid Corona made me sell one of my gems, now recovery, shindwe. You cant time the market just play it Pray Pray Pray
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
mlennyma
#2089 Posted : Thursday, March 05, 2020 3:05:32 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
sparkly wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
mlennyma wrote:

Stupid Corona made me sell one of my gems, now recovery, shindwe. You cant time the market just play it Pray Pray Pray

I feel you and especially after weathering long bad times, but trust me you will be back at a good entry price,hope you didn't sell at a loss
slick
#2090 Posted : Thursday, March 05, 2020 3:36:56 PM

mlennyma wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
sparkly wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
mlennyma wrote:

I feel you and especially after weathering long bad times, but trust me you will be back at a good entry price,hope you didn't sell at a loss

I sold KCB at 54.75 and Equity at 54.5 in January as I noticed for both counters resistance was at around 55.Feeling mighty lucky now Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Contrarian Investor and Trader.Advocate of free markets,limited government interference in the economy and sound money
wukan
#2091 Posted : Thursday, March 05, 2020 4:20:22 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
sparkly wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
mlennyma wrote:

corona is not stupid and the coming deflationary shock will make GFC feel like a picnic. The day your boss announces unpaid leave you'll know corona is not stupid. Risk must be priced in correctly
obiero
#2092 Posted : Friday, March 06, 2020 6:32:04 AM

wukan wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
sparkly wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
mlennyma wrote:

corona is not stupid and the coming deflationary shock will make GFC feel like a picnic. The day your boss announces unpaid leave you'll know corona is not stupid. Risk must be priced in correctly

True

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
mlennyma
#2093 Posted : Friday, March 06, 2020 12:20:37 PM

obiero wrote:
wukan wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
sparkly wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
mlennyma wrote:

True

The first case here will cause a lot of panic if it happens
cnn
#2094 Posted : Monday, March 09, 2020 9:51:11 AM

Asian markets fall sharply again and you can bet the rest of world markets will follow ...but the real massacare is on crude oil ,falling more than 25% .
mlennyma
#2095 Posted : Monday, March 09, 2020 10:21:47 AM

cnn wrote:
Asian markets fall sharply again and you can bet the rest of world markets will follow ...but the real massacare is on crude oil ,falling more than 25% .

Covid?
lochaz-index
#2096 Posted : Monday, March 09, 2020 10:34:16 AM

cnn wrote:

Started out in the Gulf countries: limit down for Kuwait & Aramco tanked below its IPO price. The crude sell-off from that OPEC+ fallout is a potential source of alot of pain for the global economy. Other than oil dependent countries getting in trouble, there will be alot of pain in the credit markets which is alot scarier than deficit funding of economies. Perhaps @hisah's prediction of crude printing less than $15pb might just come to fruition

Dow futures are down 1200+ points easily beating the previous record in the last week of February. CBs are simply ill equipped to deal with this kind of menace that is inflicting both supply and demand shocks. Another down leg for the NSE as support turns resistance.
The main purpose of the stock market is to make fools of as many people as possible.
lochaz-index
#2097 Posted : Monday, March 09, 2020 10:41:10 AM

cnn wrote:
Sufficiently Philanga....thropic wrote:
NSE20 finally loses the 11 year 2360 support after a 72 point haircut today. Closed at 2337

RSI on the monthly chart slides below 30Pray

Here we are again ,but back then we had some very juicy dividend offerings ,some that i hold to date ....i am hoping we get pushed to dividend yields > 10%.

We are on the same page on this one. Dividend yields > 10% and PERs of < 7. 2360 was finally breached albeit momentarily. Relief rally last week coincided with a global equities recovery. Waiting to see if NSE20 can hold onto the 2000 mark in the midst of all the panic.
The main purpose of the stock market is to make fools of as many people as possible.
lochaz-index
#2098 Posted : Tuesday, March 10, 2020 11:27:52 AM

Some day yesterday was! Gap ups, gap down, circuit breakers, limit downs, system glitches...action packed all round. Dow dumped 2013 points despite activation of halts on trading and is now about 200 points shy of bear territory. European markets are in bear territory already and they haven't seen the worst of the pandemic yet. MIB was 15% at some point and its futures shed another 11% as the country institutes a countrywide lock down. For oil and its corollaries it was a beat down like no other since 1991. The fear here is a contagion into the credit market which is already acting up.

I think we have seen the low in USTs where yield on the 10yr went sub 0.5% and the entire yield curve was below 1% as markets gauge the possibility of negative interest rates in the US. Recession in Japan, Australia and Europe (wonder how schengen will hold up) is now a dead certainty. Oil and commodity dependent countries will quickly follow if the Saudi-Russia tiff continues amid weakening demand. Tourism dependent countries (most of Southern Europe) may recover in Q2 if the virus is contained early. For China, US and India it is mostly a question of how deep the damage is. With all three slowing down it isn't a good outlook for the global economy in 2020 as they've been doing most of the heavy lifting in terms of growth, consumption, investment, tourism and manufacturing.

NSE20 dropped below 2360 again to close at 2335.95 yesterday which lower than the earlier Feb low. Asian and European market recoveries today will help stem the bleeding for now. FY19 results however positive might not amount to much in terms of bouying the market.
VituVingiSana
#2099 Posted : Tuesday, March 10, 2020 11:44:09 AM

I doubt excellent earnings releases will do much for the NSE. Fear overrides all else.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
mlennyma
#2100 Posted : Tuesday, March 10, 2020 11:54:05 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
I doubt excellent earnings releases will do much for the NSE. Fear overrides all else.

Iam waiting for the next rally to exit and wait for the lowest point or watch the market flying in my absence