Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

126 Pages«<9899100101102>»
Madness at the NSE
wukan
#1981 Posted : Thursday, February 20, 2020 3:39:58 PM

sparkly wrote:
mkate_nusu wrote:
Extraterrestrial wrote:
RENEWED BEAR. WE WILL BREAK 18 YEAR LOW AGAIN ON NSE20 IT SEEMS. THIS IS UNPRECEDENTED IN MODERN TIMES.

I fully concur with you @Extraterrestrial

I doubted @Mnandii predictions but they might just come to pass.

@Lochaz is the one who is on this bear trade @Mnandii says we will not break the lows.

Angelica _ann
#1982 Posted : Thursday, February 20, 2020 8:09:42 PM

wukan wrote:
sparkly wrote:
mkate_nusu wrote:
Extraterrestrial wrote:
RENEWED BEAR. WE WILL BREAK 18 YEAR LOW AGAIN ON NSE20 IT SEEMS. THIS IS UNPRECEDENTED IN MODERN TIMES.

@Lochaz is the one who is on this bear trade @Mnandii says we will not break the lows.

@Mdandii's predictions are awesome, waiting for them to happen patiently.
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
lochaz-index
#1983 Posted : Friday, February 21, 2020 10:53:09 AM

Extraterrestrial wrote:

18 year low on the NSE20 is 1000 points in 2002. We are yet to break the 11 year GFC low of 2360 in 2009. Then there is the small matter of the September 2019 low of 2419.
The main purpose of the stock market is to make fools of as many people as possible.
lochaz-index
#1984 Posted : Friday, February 21, 2020 10:56:04 AM

wukan wrote:
sparkly wrote:
mkate_nusu wrote:
Extraterrestrial wrote:

We might get answer on that as soon as next month. I'm still in favor of a continued sell-off that breaches both support levels (2419 & 2360).
The main purpose of the stock market is to make fools of as many people as possible.
rwitre
#1985 Posted : Friday, February 21, 2020 11:01:14 AM

NSE is being held up by Safaricom and like 3 banks. Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

Hii 2020 tutaumia
tkzee
#1986 Posted : Friday, February 21, 2020 11:41:42 AM

rwitre wrote:
NSE is being held up by Safaricom and like 3 banks. Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

Hii 2020 tutaumia

Let's hope that there will be renewed activity with banks releasing FY19 results next month. On the other hand, who is selling NMG@30?
''i can calculate the motion of heavenly bodies,but not the madness of people''-Isaac Newton
Angelica _ann
#1987 Posted : Friday, February 21, 2020 11:52:26 AM

lochaz-index wrote:
wukan wrote:
sparkly wrote:
mkate_nusu wrote:
Extraterrestrial wrote:

We might get answer on that as soon as next month. I'm still in favor of a continued sell-off that breaches both support levels (2419 & 2360).

I have done my back of envelope calculations and i with you, the further drop is still coming and we will go below the 2 support levels in 2020. We keep watch and updating each other.
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
xtina
#1988 Posted : Friday, February 21, 2020 12:11:57 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
lochaz-index wrote:
wukan wrote:
sparkly wrote:
mkate_nusu wrote:
Extraterrestrial wrote:

I have done my back of envelope calculations and i with you, the further drop is still coming and we will go below the 2 support levels in 2020. We keep watch and updating each other.

Oh dear lord. But as they say, when there is blood in the streets....lakini sina pesa
xtina
#1989 Posted : Friday, February 21, 2020 12:18:52 PM

tkzee wrote:
rwitre wrote:

Hii 2020 tutaumia

Let's hope that there will be renewed activity with banks releasing FY19 results next month. On the other hand, who is selling NMG@30?

From experience these tend to be temporary mini-rallies before resuming their downtrend
young
#1990 Posted : Friday, February 21, 2020 12:18:57 PM

Fy 2019 earning reports will start to trickle in a couple of days from 1st March.

My take is that this will excite the market and create some temporary bullish trend up to end of April 2020.

From May 2020 the market will start to loose steam ex dividends so bearishness will set it.
The market may recover some lost ground in some counters if Q1 2020 is favourable and assumed good earning reports from the market big ticket counter Safaricom.

https://www.businessdail...3712-xo3oglz/index.html
The wazua spirit as members is to educate and inform and learn from others within the limit of what we know in any chosen area irrespective of our differences in tribes, nationalities, etc. .
Ericsson
#1991 Posted : Friday, February 21, 2020 12:37:01 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
lochaz-index wrote:
wukan wrote:
sparkly wrote:
mkate_nusu wrote:
Extraterrestrial wrote:

True the wazuan spirit
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
Extraterrestrial
#1992 Posted : Friday, February 21, 2020 12:38:18 PM

xtina wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
lochaz-index wrote:
wukan wrote:
sparkly wrote:
mkate_nusu wrote:
Extraterrestrial wrote:

Oh dear lord. But as they say, when there is blood in the streets....lakini sina pesa

Buy when there is blood on the streets? Well, yes but there are caveats...Under Jubilee:

1. Rallies are short lived and fizzle out into slow bear declines (death by a thousand cuts). Those fond of selling high and then "buying it back lower" will get trapped

2. Most counters except Safarcom, KCB, Equity and COOP are in multi year bears and the prevailing trend is lower highs and lower lows. However, the short quick rallies characteristic of the Jubilee era can give humongous gains if the falling knife is caught deftly. However, these speculative rallies are capped at 100% and some of these stocks are down over 70% from recent highs.

Ericsson
#1993 Posted : Friday, February 21, 2020 12:40:35 PM

xtina wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
lochaz-index wrote:
wukan wrote:
sparkly wrote:
mkate_nusu wrote:
Extraterrestrial wrote:

Acha nianze kutafuta to pick counter at cheap prices.
wukan
#1994 Posted : Friday, February 21, 2020 12:56:53 PM

lochaz-index wrote:
wukan wrote:
sparkly wrote:
mkate_nusu wrote:
Extraterrestrial wrote:

Depends on the coronavirus, I get the feeling central bankers might overreact and flood liquidity lifting all boats.
Sufficiently Philanga....thropic
#1995 Posted : Friday, February 21, 2020 1:31:11 PM

Very interesting discussion going on here.

Other factors held constant(coronavirus impact and the US elections), the get out of jail meal will be served from early next month when Banks start reporting FY19.
Safcom, the bellwether stock has hit a dead end for now at the 33 levels, twice in a month, while member and simba have faced strong headwinds at the 55 level.

On the international scene, the 2020 US elections shall see the mother of all battles, battle royale, with china fielding its candidate, Mike Bloomberg to face off with Russia's 2016 candidate Donald Trump.
Remember the Dems played the Stock Market card in 2008 to get into power. Will they use Mike this time? Let's see how the Dow performs as we head into the elections.
The dollar has been gaining vs other currencies in the wake of this coranavirus threat and this, coupled with our weak economy saddled with huge debts and a possible referendum around the corner will have an adverse effect on the NSE.

Investor should consider selective entry in the many dips that will show up this year at the NSE.
@SufficientlyP
Angelica _ann
#1996 Posted : Friday, February 21, 2020 1:58:48 PM

But we should also remember the market is generally irrational. It goes anti masses and leaves people at the stage or holding monkeys. Let us woke and keep watch.
lochaz-index
#1997 Posted : Friday, February 21, 2020 2:25:23 PM

wukan wrote:
lochaz-index wrote:
wukan wrote:
sparkly wrote:
mkate_nusu wrote:
Extraterrestrial wrote:

Depends on the coronavirus, I get the feeling central bankers might overreact and flood liquidity lifting all boats.

The goose is cooked internationally for Q1. Even if there isn't a single new infection of the virus, Q1 is in the dumps for most jurisdictions. The impact so far on supply chains, tourism, consumerism/retail, air traffic/shipping can't be undone. For starters, shave about 1-2% of China, Japan is a dead on certainty to hit a recession,Germany and its dependence on UK and China for its automobile industry is in trouble by proxy. Hong Kong will look to extend its recessary trend from 2019, Singapore and South Korea have also slowed down and underestimated their preparedness to combat the virus. Seems only the US is holding out.

As for CBs they are tapped out. The fed has its hands full with the repo crisis, the less said about ECB and BoJ the better...just have a peek at the euro and yen, it is a bloodbath. That leaves the only the PBoC to dyke the dam which is a a tall order considering they will be the worst hit by the virus. Central planning has had a good run with QE and other financial engineering programs but time is almost up for their gigs.
lochaz-index
#1998 Posted : Friday, February 21, 2020 2:29:37 PM

Sufficiently Philanga....thropic wrote:

Other factors held constant(coronavirus impact and the US elections), the get out of jail meal will be served from early next month when Banks start reporting FY19.
Safcom, the bellwether stock has hit a dead end for now at the 33 levels, twice in a month, while member and simba have faced strong headwinds at the 55 level.

On the international scene, the 2020 US elections shall see the mother of all battles, battle royale, with china fielding its candidate, Mike Bloomberg to face off with Russia's 2016 candidate Donald Trump.
Remember the Dems played the Stock Market card in 2008 to get into power. Will they use Mike this time? Let's see how the Dow performs as we head into the elections.
The dollar has been gaining vs other currencies in the wake of this coranavirus threat and this, coupled with our weak economy saddled with huge debts and a possible referendum around the corner will have an adverse effect on the NSE.

Investor should consider selective entry in the many dips that will show up this year at the NSE.

NSE20 might catch a break if the USD bull unwinds. For now however it doesn't look good. Waiting to see how safcom behaves once the GFC low of 2360 is broken then I line up my shorts.
Ericsson
#1999 Posted : Friday, February 21, 2020 2:57:29 PM

lochaz-index wrote:
Sufficiently Philanga....thropic wrote:

NSE20 might catch a break if the USD bull unwinds. For now however it doesn't look good. Waiting to see how safcom behaves once the GFC low of 2360 is broken then I line up my shorts.

Safcom the bellweather of NSE
Ericsson
#2000 Posted : Saturday, February 22, 2020 5:43:49 PM

Extraterrestrial wrote:
xtina wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
lochaz-index wrote:
wukan wrote:
sparkly wrote:
mkate_nusu wrote:
Extraterrestrial wrote:

Buy when there is blood on the streets? Well, yes but there are caveats...Under Jubilee:

1. Rallies are short lived and fizzle out into slow bear declines (death by a thousand cuts). Those fond of selling high and then "buying it back lower" will get trapped

2. Most counters except Safarcom, KCB, Equity and COOP are in multi year bears and the prevailing trend is lower highs and lower lows. However, the short quick rallies characteristic of the Jubilee era can give humongous gains if the falling knife is caught deftly. However, these speculative rallies are capped at 100% and some of these stocks are down over 70% from recent highs.

The cold/flu is catching up with them going by closing prices on Friday 21 February
--Equity bank is at below 50
--Co-op bank is at below 15
--Safaricom is at below 30
--KCB we shall see next week if it will go below 50