wazua Sun, Apr 28, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

7 Pages«<34567>
Your first car
kichwangumu
#81 Posted : Wednesday, July 01, 2009 9:12:00 AM

she is a 1997 Mitsubishi Lancer GL, locally assembled, she is built like a true blooded Japanese car. The engine is only 1500cc,no computers. Sporty in looks,and performance is just moderate,but good for fuel efficient driving.The engine is smooth though with sleek sound. I think she's a perfect car for a small family or someone who needs a smooth ride with low fuel cost,she looks good,and she has a lot of accessory parts that you can put to custom her. ... alafu the stupid girl pee's on her tss bure kabisa.

had to do this
zamali
#82 Posted : Wednesday, July 01, 2009 10:24:00 AM

@ Wendz,we are proud of our machines,true ! Like for me...my car is a Nissan saloon and it can carry 0.45 tonnes of cargo,tell me which other saloon car can beat it ?

I can also drive to Busia in exacly one hour,whose car can rival my nissan ?

BTW this is my first car.

Zama za Kengen IPO.... zama za mali
Bambam
#83 Posted : Wednesday, July 01, 2009 10:56:00 AM

@ Wendz,I feel you. Listening to some of that crap is not any different from listening to dr. Mutua. A guy struggling to talk about a second hand car for more than ten minutes. The only time I did something like that is when a girlfriend of mine,rather a female friend gave me a lift in her automatic B15 and I noted how she was ruining the car&rsquo;s gearbox. So I gave her some tips. Wendz patia the starlet guy some benefit of doubt,the Merc could have been a KKV &hellip;.being driven to the Concours d&rsquo;elegance

@ Zamali. Is your Nissan Sunny the only one ever built? And logically any car can do Busia in an hour,just depends on where the starting point is. For yours,the starting point could even be Korinda. Stop bragging about the cheap second hand Japanese junk that is classified as hazardous waste in other countries,including it&rsquo;s origin. Try just five bags of cement in the trunk of that car and then tell us what you will see.

Notice how the most jeuri drivers on our roads will be young men driving their 2001 110s or B15s that they would even refer to as 'my new car'. Always hooting,never give way even when its due and at the slightest contact,they come out of their junks like Jack Bauer. It&rsquo;s simply the 'nouvelle riche' syndrome where one believes they are different from the rest just because they drive a used car.

Stop It. Wacha kabisa

What a bam bam?
zamali
#84 Posted : Wednesday, July 01, 2009 11:09:00 AM

@ Bambam,

You got the point I was driving at ! ! But all the same,it is (hu)manly to boast over any posession,be it the socks you claim to have bought in Tokyo,the watch you purchsed when you went on a trip to the moon and so on

Zama za Kengen IPO.... zama za mali
tamtam
#85 Posted : Thursday, July 02, 2009 8:29:00 AM

@ Wendz i totally agree with you,i desist from discussing car issues with men. There is this guy we drive the same model of cars mine is 2002,his is 1997 and he brags to me that his is the original machine that can do upto 160KMPH,just because i dont overspeed.

bure kabisa

Precious
The shifts of Fortune test the reliability of friends
brav
#86 Posted : Thursday, July 02, 2009 8:48:00 AM

@Njunge ...Btw bijuti ni 404? if it is,i'd love bravlet A to ride in it,she saw one 404 saloon and she was very amused,nikama kuona dinosaur,

Usichoke kutafuta salary
Wendz
#87 Posted : Thursday, July 02, 2009 8:50:00 AM

I think what i need to understand is where the passion comes from. I do take good care of my car,but am not sure if i feel it the way men feel their cars... I think thats the bit i dont understand.....

Some deals are like glass. Sometimes it's better to leave them broken than try to hurt yourself putting it back together.
Njunge
#88 Posted : Thursday, July 02, 2009 8:59:00 AM

@Brav,

404?........that's a modern car........It is a 104.You can't tell the rear from the front.

Yombo dhier....!!
Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.
The Phantom
#89 Posted : Thursday, July 02, 2009 11:47:00 AM

ohhh
This takes me way back. They say charity begins at home well my car experience began with my dad's firstcar.
A morris 'maina' KVC xxxx. This was a car my mum hated it with a paasion. it could emit a bellow of smoke that could change the weather forecast in an instant.
... leak oil like it was on diarrhoea. The doors used to hav a mind of their on.on some days only one car door would work and some days you had to get in thro the window.
The damned thing had to b pushed most morning jus to start it.
One time it jus switched off and refused to start jus before a police roadblock. You can imagine the amusement on the police officers when my dad had to squeeze himself thro the window when the doors refused to open.My mum swore neva to ride in that thing again. Good thing though I got to learn so much abt cars frm the mechanics who had turned our front yard to a mini garage.
Despite its shortcomings my dad used to brag about that car like it was made from the moon. That used to set off a mini world war III between him n my mum. Eventually the morris threw in the towel and my mum turned the shell to a chicken shed so fast to kill off any ideas of resurrecting it. My dad finally sold it off to a scrap metal dealer.We still have a good a laugh in our family when we remember that morris.

Just make sure you do your homework well before you part with your cash. smile

...If you havent found anything worth dying for...then you aint fit to live
......If you talk to a man in a language he understands, that goes to his head. If you talk to him in his language, that goes to his heart....
And1589
#90 Posted : Friday, July 03, 2009 9:04:00 AM

i remember my dad's first car was an old toyo which you had to pull up the windows manually to close or open them.Then the issue of rain and mud was big,once we pushed the damn thing from about 3 kms upto home coz it was lemewad with matope(only in Kisii can this happen).Believe it or not the following day we had four flats and i was the one assigned to go repair them,a distance of like 15 kms on foot with a buddy of mine,got a girl of the village who i had been admiring kwa umbali and she couldnt greet me coz i was so muddy she couldnt recognize me and was embarassed,what a day! i miss the toyo man.

Becoming number one is easier than remaining number one
simonkabz
#91 Posted : Friday, October 02, 2009 8:42:00 AM

@waswa,wendz is referring to this thread.

Can silence be misquoted?
TULIA.........UFUNZWE!
Flowman
#92 Posted : Friday, October 02, 2009 9:57:00 AM

@phantom,LMAO.Have had embarassing xperiences with my dads KJH ...Oil stains on my shirt,searching for slopy ground b4 I can zima the ndai and then one day doors had a mind of their own while a would-be girlfrnd was in the ride..:>I totally understand it when drivers of older cars find it harder to give way to pedstrians

Tommy
#93 Posted : Friday, November 25, 2011 11:08:47 AM

enjoyed reading this old thread. I also noticed there are some wazuans who were there and i have never met. Where r they?
Don't wait for the Last Judgment. It happens every day. ~Albert Camus, The Fall, 1956
smurimi
#94 Posted : Friday, November 25, 2011 4:08:04 PM

Mercifully my first owned car is a 2003 funcargo I still drive. Now only one and a half years in kenya ex japan. All I can say its basically entirely made of glass. I lean on it it caves in everywhere. Avoid all potholes and do not stress her. Do not pass 120kph or you will take flight. I went into a slight pothole on museum hill and ended up replacing my bushes, shocks, shredded tire, Wheel and camber alignment and broken wheel studs. Good 1300cc consumption. Inside its as big as nakumatt but i would not load it with more than 300kgs. Still always gets me where I need to go....
Tebes
#95 Posted : Friday, November 25, 2011 4:43:25 PM

Eli signed out of Wazua?
"Never regret, if its good, its wonderful. If its bad, its experience."
Tebes
#96 Posted : Friday, November 25, 2011 5:10:10 PM

smurimi wrote:
Mercifully my first owned car is a 2003 funcargo I still drive. Now only one and a half years in kenya ex japan. All I can say its basically entirely made of glass. I lean on it it caves in everywhere. Avoid all potholes and do not stress her. Do not pass 120kph or you will take flight. I went into a slight pothole on museum hill and ended up replacing my bushes, shocks, shredded tire, Wheel and camber alignment and broken wheel studs. Good 1300cc consumption. Inside its as big as nakumatt but i would not load it with more than 300kgs. Still always gets me where I need to go....

Basically funcargo models are for carrying very light loads within say the city or municipality and not for cruising to and fro Western Kenya. Its not built for rough roads.

"Never regret, if its good, its wonderful. If its bad, its experience."
Amores
#97 Posted : Friday, November 25, 2011 10:49:13 PM

Toyota since 2009 and no issues.......
I am happy
Impunity
#98 Posted : Sunday, November 27, 2011 9:30:49 AM

Tebes wrote:
smurimi wrote:

Basically funcargo models are for carrying very light loads within say the city or municipality and not for cruising to and fro Western Kenya. Its not built for rough roads.

That car is very funny indeed.The only vehicle that comes out of the factory with a dent.It always so weak that even pulling it out of the factory makes it wear so badly.
I would not board one in a Kenyan road.
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

seppuku
#99 Posted : Sunday, November 27, 2011 12:11:10 PM

This is an interesting thread. Even hilarious. Those who have not acquired their first rides yet know what to avoid, hopefully. But hey, what's this obsession with four wheels? In a congested city like Nairobi, doesn't using a motorcycle instead make sense? Think about it, you pay less for fuel and maintenance, the weather rarely gets really bad for riding if you have the appropriate gear, you'll hardly get stuck in the traffic jam... Any good reason we Kenyans find this an unacceptable option ama ni kitu ya culture? My apologies for subverting the thread somewhat, but I thought these sentiments blend well with it's general spirit of the good and the bad of personal transportation.
Learn first to treat your time as you would your money, then treat your money as you do your time.
hairglo
#100 Posted : Monday, November 28, 2011 10:17:11 AM

seppuku wrote:
This is an interesting thread. Even hilarious. Those who have not acquired their first rides yet know what to avoid, hopefully. But hey, what's this obsession with four wheels? In a congested city like Nairobi, doesn't using a motorcycle instead make sense? Think about it, you pay less for fuel and maintenance, the weather rarely gets really bad for riding if you have the appropriate gear, you'll hardly get stuck in the traffic jam... Any good reason we Kenyans find this an unacceptable option ama ni kitu ya culture? My apologies for subverting the thread somewhat, but I thought these sentiments blend well with it's general spirit of the good and the bad of personal transportation.

you're right, mobikes make the best mode of transi in nairobi but safety is no.1 deterrent. Even with the right gear it's easy to loose your arm or leg given how crazy drivers are here. Also there're no bike lanes, and if there were matatus wuld still use them to overlap.